Monsterboard

Killectour 2020

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Killectour 2020

Postby Rockman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:09 pm

So the tour starts today! Anyone going to gigs? I'm going to see them in Tampere, Finland. Anticipitations are high! :twisted:

Speculations of the setlist, merch etc?

I think we're going to get a few songs from Killection. Horror For Hire opens the show. Shake The Baby Silent, Like A New To A Honey and IDAHINTYFY are pretty given, but I wish we could also hear Cutterfly and maybe Zombimbo.

Some rarities could be brought up also. I really hope they bring Nailed by The Hammer Of Frankenstein! We'll see...
Rockman

Re: Killectour 2020

Postby ksco » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:15 pm

I will see them on 31.03. in Wrocław/Poland :D finally after 5 long years they will in Poland at tour :D (they've played last year at Pol'and'Rock Fest but I didn't count it here, cuz fest and club gig is two different things).

About the setlist, after yesterday gig we know it :D aaaand.. I'm a lil bit confused :? there's only 16 songs.. (I count ML/GGC/DL as one song and I didn't count solos/intros), I guess it's cuz of VIPs and they must to have a time for this.. The same situation was on Sextourcism.. but I hope that in places where is no VIPs they will play some more songs.. It could be cool..
And still for me the best setlist was on SFO tour, and that was probably their longest setlist ever, they've played on some gigs 21 songs back in then
ksco

Postby Monsta » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Might be that I'm mentally a grandpa, but my stance is almost always that less is more. A dramaturgically thought out show is always better than a dragged out one, no matter how good the songs are. Also, solos and "effects" take time as well. My first guess is that it hasn't got anything to do with the VIP expericence, they've just tightened up their show. Good for them!

I heard that there's some sort of guitar/keyboard duel between Hella and Amen which I can't wait to see footage of. I'm also a bit surprised that they've scrapped It Snows In Hell, that must be a first, right? All in all a good setlist, although I wouldn't pick "Ghosts of the Heceta Head" if I were to choose one rarely played song from their catalouge. Will be interesting to see how much they'll switch the setlist up during the tour.
Monsta

Postby Rockman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Monsta wrote: All in all a good setlist, although I wouldn't pick "Ghosts of the Heceta Head" if I were to choose one rarely played song from their catalouge. Will be interesting to see how much they'll switch the setlist up during the tour.

I agree! IMO it's the dullest song of Deadache. I would rather hear some other song, Maybe from the new album.
Rockman

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:34 pm

^ I on the other hand am beyond happy "The Ghosts of the Heceta Head" is in the set. Then again "Deadache" is my favorite album of all time so I guess any song from that album would make me ecstatic. :mrgreen: But this one being such a rarely played one makes its inclusion such a wonderful treat.

And to answer the question from the original post, me and Miss-Elodia will be going to the gigs in Tampere and Helsinki in April, and then to Rockfest in June. 8)
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Joni Master » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Goiing to the Tampere!
Joni Master

Return to Gigs