Monsterboard

Lordi Backstage

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:55 pm

And if you get what i mean , I really hope that they will come here at least one more time :( That's why i want everyone to tell organizers here in Sweden that we want them here.

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby judge death » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Don´t double post. Edit or delete you last message and post again.
I get what you mean but do some more research and call the venues for advice. Well you wont be able to see Lordi before in 2012 in Sweden as soonest. I doubt they even come by then. So my advice would be to save money and go to another country there they play. :)
However much you want them to come, it wont help. But by doing as we explained to you, there is a small chance of it. Once again: Patience is the keyword here and be ready to travel as well.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 pm

well, going to another country would/is a problem for me... I Guess i will have to wait,once again..And i wasn't able to delete one of my posts.Sorry for double posting.

Milred Sandman

Postby King » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Lordi better do a HUGE world tour in 2012 to win the fans back to their side. Unfortunately it's not up to them. Or could be, but would cost A LOT.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 pm

King wrote:Lordi better do a HUGE world tour in 2012 to win the fans back to their side. Unfortunately it's not up to them. Or could be, but would cost A LOT.
I hope so to, But aren't they gonna work on a new album in 2012?

Milred Sandman

Postby Isa » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:15 pm

Is it me or this topic go off-topic ?
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Isa wrote:Is it me or this topic go off-topic ?
Actually you're right, let's not go off-topic. On a concert in Finland Lordi had in 2010 i remember it was not many people there, on that sort of gigs..Does it work to ask the band in person to get backstage?

Milred Sandman

Postby Thomas » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Milred Sandman wrote:
Isa wrote:Is it me or this topic go off-topic ?
Actually you're right, let's not go off-topic. On a concert in Finland Lordi had in 2010 i remember it was not many people there, on that sort of gigs..Does it work to ask the band in person to get backstage?

You could try to PM some of the bandmembers, it do works sometimes. If not, go to every single person with "Lordi crew" shirt and ask

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby King » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I asked fella called Lordi the same thing before the Nosturi gig, but we came up with a better solution. Then... I had to go and because that we didn't meet at all. :cry: :)
King

Postby Isa » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Usually they should answer that you have to see with the tour manager then better directly go by him
Isa

Postby Ida » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:01 pm

They dont seem to respond PMs anymore (yeah, I base this on my horror experience about Hannover) so best thing is to ask at the place. If the guestlist is full, it might not be possible anyhow.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby King » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:17 pm

I've got pm's from Lordi and Amen in and after September... all the way to this month (Ofc not all the time, and just 2-4).
King

Postby anushka » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Actually tour manager is the right person to ask if you could go to backstage or not. He gives you backstage pass. And he knows the best how many time they will have after the show etc. :wink:

Btw. I don´t know what´s better... if wait for Lordi gig when you have never seen them before or wait for another Lordi gig when you have seen them many times before and you know them a bit and miss them so f*cking much :wink: I think the 2nd is worse....
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby King » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Hmm... I'd say the second is worse too. I'm not all sure, it's a tough question. :?
King

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:32 pm

First you have to wait for a tour.. :)

Milred Sandman

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 am

I believe it's all luck. I met the most fantastic people in Hannover when I went this past December and I was given a pass during the show. It could be karma... I flew from Canada and I'm still about 300 euro in debt from the flight. XD Soooo worth it. :D
Less isn't more; less is less. The more the better; the most the BEST!
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Re: Lordi Backstage

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:56 pm

If Lordi ever does come to my place or I go to them I want to meet the band too. I've been reading the suggestions you guys have been giving and so far it's been pretty useful like staying late after the gig. I never thought of talking to the tour manager because I'm not so sure how that would turn out and at one point I've been considering asking a band member like Amen but I don't really know.... :(

I heard that sometimes they come out and give autographs after the show if the venue is like a smaller one like a club. But I'm not really sure how I would get on the guest list to get backstage, I've seen some ways here how that is possible but I don't know which one works best does anyone know?
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Ida » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 am

Ask the tourmanager. He's a nice guy, and he won't be creeped out if you ask him.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Ida wrote:Ask the tourmanager. He's a nice guy, and he won't be creeped out if you ask him.

Thank goodness :) will get in touch with him when Lordi finally comes to my place or I'm heading over to them and see what happens. I better start thinking of something to say to him. Thanks for the advice. :D
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby _SYNDICATE_ » Thu May 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Can someone tell me if it's possible to meet them somewhere before the show? I want to do that today in Edinburgh so I need a fast reply. Thanks!
_SYNDICATE_

Postby _eesti999_ » Thu May 09, 2013 3:51 pm

_SYNDICATE_ wrote:Can someone tell me if it's possible to meet them somewhere before the show? I want to do that today in Edinburgh so I need a fast reply. Thanks!

Find the tourbus/backstage door and ask the crew/support bands around it (everyone wearing the Lordi all access area card with letters AAA).
_eesti999_

Postby Isa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:59 pm

I quote here a answer post somewhere else but it is for not go too much off-topic there

ksco wrote:I only would like to say that if ppl who got a backstage pass will tell to EVERYBODY how they could get a pass then Lordi will have a maaaaany ppl who want it and then it could be a problem for band maybe, cuz I think they won't bring for example over 15 fans for every gig on the bakcstage. I guess but maybe I'm in the mistake. (band also say that it coudn't be good if every would like to get a pass, if we know how to get or how to get a lucky to get a pass then don't tell it to everybody)

Ofc like u said "leaders" of each Lordi fan club of each country "can/should/answer" to the ppl who r asking about pass how to get it but I think this what I wrote up. I think we "can/should/answer" to fans who we KNOW better. If I know a fan then I can tell him/her, but for example this what Isa wrote, I didn't tell her about contact to manager CUZ I don't know her. I good know maybe 8 fans from my country who r really Lordi fans and I know them and some of them also met Lordi. But it's ofc only my opinion so u know :wink: It's like here. We have our "MB" family if I can say it :D and some or more of us Lordi just know, and then we have country fan clubs where are some fans who Lordi also know or are active like we are here. I think fans who are die-hard, who are big fans, who are really interesting about band should have a preference to get a pass first and then maybe the rest of fans.... Shit, I did a hierarchy I see :?

In my eyes there is help and help

Say on people "contact manager" is ok as they still need to do something if they want it and as it's still manager who will do his job and not accept more fans that band can see. It's also really easy when do a search on forum to see people say that. The only reason I had here indeed add about band is because I more and more see people ask them in direct

Somewhere if you are leader of a fanclub it's normally on all the fans (of your country) you need to answer but between answer and give them pass just 'cos suddenly they discover fan club and that most will only remember it when it arrange them that's something else. I only citate you 'cos there was never reaction that you (or Lordi Army) "didn't help" when me it was say a leader had to do it. I considere that you then need to wait the same from all leaders and that included in case of Belgium 2 peoples.

Case is here someone we don't know come, register and directly we would be supposed help him to get backstage because it is his dream and sorry I will not as I even never did it for friends so for stranger
Isa

Postby ksco » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Backstage pass was, is, and will be a "hard topic". Many ppl want it, someone have a lucky, someone is searching about it, someone is writing to many ppl how to get it etc. Always will be a problem with it and that's a fact. But a about manager you're right, I mean that everobdy can say to somebody that u can write to manager and then u will see, maybe manager will answer or maybe not, just lucky here too.
ksco

Postby .:Devyel:. » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Isa wrote: Somewhere if you are leader of a fanclub it's normally on all the fans (of your country) you need to answer but between answer and give them pass just 'cos suddenly they discover fan club and that most will only remember it when it arrange them that's something else.

I absolutely agree.
I lead the Italian Fan Club and most people become active just when gigs are in the air, for backstage passes. No way! I mean, it's just like a friend who comes only when he needs something... And this people also accuse you if you don't help.
I think the first thing that everyone should remind is that a lot of people would like to meet them. And the tour manager can't let a crowd of people in the backstage! So, don't be upset to some fanclub leader just because he can't satisfy everyone, I think that the possibility to go backstage so "easily" it's a BIG gift that Lordi and management do to us fans, so we should not take advantage of this but try to keep the situation as well organized as possible, instead.
.:Devyel:.

Postby Isa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Just would add about my "we are not Lordicted", it's also mean in a way that in a country like Belgium when you have a gig it's only one (and it's alrady wow when we get one). In Germany (even more if we count austria) there is more gigs so the fans share them in the differents gigs.

Count you have 8 fans, in germany it may be 1 fan by gig. In Belgium it would the 8 at one gig. It's so for many country but it make a difference and it's for that you also can't compare all the fanclub. Each country have it's specificity
Isa

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs