Monsterboard

Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig) FIN

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby Joni Master » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:47 pm

_SYNDICATE_ wrote:Can you stop this new drummer stuff for once? It's stupid to think that every single muscian will play those songs the same way. Every muscian has a different playing style, different taste in gear and different skill level. And it would be fucking boring if all these drummers would play the same, in that case why not just use a drum machine and listen to the same shit every time.
These are live shows and all musicians in the world no matter how good they are make mistakes, that's what makes those shows special in a way. If you like boring perfection just put on a record and listen to it over and over again.


Well I can accept mistakes but that Rock Police mistake was quite big... The best song Lordi song in that setlist just destroyed in that gig... I would be so mad if I had been there.
User avatar
Joni Master
 
Posts: 7801
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:58 pm
Location: Pieksämäki, Finland

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby King » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Well Joni, that mistake wasn't really that big that you seem to think. No. It's not the end of the world. It feels stupid how much speech everybody seem to get out of these mistakes. If you didn't know, I must reveal: Lordi are not monsters, they are human beings and they do mistakes so as you do in your everyday life. We can leave it here? American Monsterman, Isa and Syndicate had brilliant points that kind of summed things up and should close the topic upon the drummer.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby _SYNDICATE_ » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Joni Master wrote:
_SYNDICATE_ wrote:Can you stop this new drummer stuff for once? It's stupid to think that every single muscian will play those songs the same way. Every muscian has a different playing style, different taste in gear and different skill level. And it would be fucking boring if all these drummers would play the same, in that case why not just use a drum machine and listen to the same shit every time.
These are live shows and all musicians in the world no matter how good they are make mistakes, that's what makes those shows special in a way. If you like boring perfection just put on a record and listen to it over and over again.


Well I can accept mistakes but that Rock Police mistake was quite big... The best song Lordi song in that setlist just destroyed in that gig... I would be so mad if I had been there.

I'm sorry to inform you but Lordi isn't one of the biggest bands in the world and they don't have a shitload of money they can just spend on the highest class equipment and crew, who could be fired just for one stupid mistake. Stuff like this happened before and it will happen in the future, get used to it.
Image
User avatar
_SYNDICATE_
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:51 am
Location: Edinburgh, UK/Siauliai, Lithuania

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby Kitawa » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 pm

_SYNDICATE_ wrote:Especially when environment changes so critical, imagine how hard it is to start playing in that costume, it takes months or even years to get used to it. It's not like wearing platforms and make-up like KISS does, it's a full on latex costume.


Yes, that full latex costume is also rising the level of challenge. I was about to mention that in the drawing (thnx ev'ryone for the nice comments on that, btw)... playing drums while wearing that, it's surely not something u are mastering as soon as u recieve your card of acceptance for joining the forces of Lordi.

Overall, many good points from _SYNDICATE_.

I guess I've said enough on my behalf on this topic.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
User avatar
Kitawa
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Suomi

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:10 am

Let's try to quiet our passions a bit, both sides. Time will ultimately tell.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby Mr. anonymous » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Dr. Sin wrote:Mr. anonymous, you could use some paragraphing, thank you. Those huge walls of text are hard to read.


Better?
Mr. anonymous
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby Dr. Sin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Mr. anonymous wrote:
Dr. Sin wrote:Mr. anonymous, you could use some paragraphing, thank you. Those huge walls of text are hard to read.


Better?

Much better. That's the way! :3
User avatar
Dr. Sin
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: No more Lapland

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby Joni Master » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/samisiisti

Check this guy channel! 1080p videos from gig!!
User avatar
Joni Master
 
Posts: 7801
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:58 pm
Location: Pieksämäki, Finland

Re: Simerock 2012 , 10.-11. August (10-year-anniversary gig)

Postby miss_brutality » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Joni Master wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/samisiisti

Check this guy channel! 1080p videos from gig!!

OMG! Thanks for posting! The videos are amazing!
Forever and Always!
User avatar
miss_brutality
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Previous

Return to Gigs


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron