Monsterboard

Tour Force One 2015

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Tour Force One 2015

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:44 pm

korovnikovd wrote:
Maddy wrote:
korovnikovd wrote:Don't you think that there are not that much videos from the tour this time? What could be the reason, because on TBONTB a lot fans shared some clips?..

Well, I can tell you why I'm not taking any this tour: It's too epic to waste time with filming.
Not sure if others think like this too.. I can only tell from my point of view.

If that is the reason than it's only great. :)

And all the more reason for there to be a live DVD from this tour, am I right? :wink:
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Maddy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:27 am

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:And all the more reason for there to be a live DVD from this tour, am I right? :wink:

Most definitely! I would love to have a DVD from this tour. It would be perfect. ♡
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Joni Master » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Can someone tell me list what they selling in tour and prices, thanks!
Joni Master

Postby Nilian » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:13 pm

I was in Bratislava on Wednesday and it was great. They really chose great songs to play - eg Not The Nicest Guy, Give Your Love For Rock and Roll, Nailed by Hammer- and I really liked the show around. Mr Lordi even joked that he managed to get us a free day on Thursday. :-D (Well I didn't have school this Thursday but it was fun anyway. ) I am just missing Monster is My Name and Horrificton and backing vocalist, they really could used them there especially during It Snows In Hell.
They will just be an ember
Yet your flame's burning high
They will not be remembered
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby _eesti999_ » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 am

_eesti999_

Postby CampCrystalLake » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:06 am

I saw the monsters play some TFO gigs in the UK - Reading and Southampton - and they were mindblowing.
The venues were quite nice and intimate too, meaning my friends and I could get very close each time!
At the Southampton venue, they actually walked past us to get onto the stage - very weird venue!
A.K.A Vampire Girl
Fan of horror & the paranormal. Author and amateur Journalist.

LORDI Army UK and Ireland - https://www.facebook.com/LordiArmyUKIreland/

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4319&p=579013#p579013
CampCrystalLake

Postby Milred Sandman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Since the band has to use tapes of the backing vocals cus of, well member changes and the masks, how the hell do they time the tapes when they are playing live?

Do they have a metronome in Their ear? I've never really understod how that works... (That comes from a guy who studies music and Will work with similar things in the near future)

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Isa » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Can be I am wrong but I think they don't time the tape but it's more the tape who time on them. I mean there that a tech start tape at the good moment
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby monsterboy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:30 am

Yeah it kinda works that way.

I’m quiet new to this stuff but in my new band Morrigàne, we also play live with backing tapes. And I think Lordi uses just the same principe as us. It's kinda complicated but I try to explain it simple how it kinda works:

When you play with a backingtrack you need to play with “in ear monitors” and of course a click track (metronome), so that you can play right on time.

Most of the time the drummer (or the PA guy or a rowdy), has a laptop besides him. On that laptop there is the (live)-mix of a song with the backing-track and a click track on it that goes trough the in ear monitors. (So only the people with in ear monitors can hear that mix. The live mix that the crowd hears is another mix, they don't hear the clicktrack ofcourse :P ).

When the band is ready to start playing the song, usually the drummer or the PA guy, etc then starts the track via his laptop. In your in ear monitors you first hear the click track. It starts with “a warning click” to prepare you to play. Then the drummer will warn the band and indicate the tempo to the band by counting in and hitting the time signature with his hihat, sticks, etc. Then the backintrack starts and at the same time the band starts playing.

The drummer plays the whole song along with the clicktrack, the click track and backingtape are perfectly in sync and the band follows the tempo of the drummer, so that eventually everything (the whole package band + tape what the crowd hears) will be perfectluy in synchronisation with each other.

Playing live with a cklicktrack also gives you the benefit that you play more consistent, and all the songs are alway's played at the same tempo. So when for exampele there is a new guy in the band, he can't play faster or slower because he has to play right on time on the clicktrack.

So next time when you see/hear live that the backingtrack “skips” or is not on time, it usually means that someone wasn’t playing right on time. ;)

Who said that the job of a drummer was easy? :P
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Previous

Return to Gigs