Monsterboard

2016 Lordi Tourdates

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: 2016 Lordi Tourdates

Postby ksco » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Woooow, it looks rly great! :D If I was Mr. Lordi I'd like to hug you hardcore then :D
ksco

Postby Hulking_Dynamite » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:51 pm

So, I will be going to my very first concert ever and seeing them in Edinburgh; is there anything that I should know before going? Like, do they sell autograph cards at the concert in case you'll get lucky to have a chance to have them signed, or do you have to just bring that kind of stuff on your own? Does the band stop for a while after every concert to give fans a chance to meet them, or does that privilege only come with certain concerts? Just general information that might go over your head when going to your first concert.
Hulking_Dynamite

Postby ksco » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:44 am

Hulking_Dynamite wrote:So, I will be going to my very first concert ever and seeing them in Edinburgh; is there anything that I should know before going? Like, do they sell autograph cards at the concert in case you'll get lucky to have a chance to have them signed, or do you have to just bring that kind of stuff on your own? Does the band stop for a while after every concert to give fans a chance to meet them, or does that privilege only come with certain concerts? Just general information that might go over your head when going to your first concert.

Sometimes they have autograph cards but better is to take some own stuff if they don't have any cards :wink:
The chance to meet is for example about hour or more of waitin' after gig to when they're going to their bus.
ksco

Postby Hulking_Dynamite » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:57 am

ksco wrote:
Hulking_Dynamite wrote:So, I will be going to my very first concert ever and seeing them in Edinburgh; is there anything that I should know before going? Like, do they sell autograph cards at the concert in case you'll get lucky to have a chance to have them signed, or do you have to just bring that kind of stuff on your own? Does the band stop for a while after every concert to give fans a chance to meet them, or does that privilege only come with certain concerts? Just general information that might go over your head when going to your first concert.

Sometimes they have autograph cards but better is to take some own stuff if they don't have any cards :wink:
The chance to meet is for example about hour or more of waitin' after gig to when they're going to their bus.

Hmm, so the security of the concert-place won't stop you from bringing things inside? That's good, I was planning to maybe bring a picture or something to sign, but figured it wouldn't maybe get past the security-protocols. I can definitely wait to have a mere chance of meeting the band, since I've been waiting long enough to get to a goddamn' concert with them. Patience is one of my stronger aspects.
Hulking_Dynamite

Postby ksco » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Hulking_Dynamite wrote: concert-place won't stop you from bringing things inside? That's good, I was planning to maybe bring a picture or something to sign, but figured it wouldn't maybe get past the security-protocols.

Well in every club it's different. For example in many clubs in Poland you can't bring a fuckin backpack inside, especially to a hall with a stage. U must leave it in the cloakroom. But when I was in one club in Czech last time, u can bring whatever u want, they weren't checking anything, u could bring a gun and go with it inside for sure xD
But at all I think it's just a fuckin' pic to sign so it's just a little thing and for sure u will can bring it inside
ksco

Postby Hulking_Dynamite » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:23 pm

ksco wrote:
Hulking_Dynamite wrote: concert-place won't stop you from bringing things inside? That's good, I was planning to maybe bring a picture or something to sign, but figured it wouldn't maybe get past the security-protocols.

Well in every club it's different. For example in many clubs in Poland you can't bring a fuckin backpack inside, especially to a hall with a stage. U must leave it in the cloakroom. But when I was in one club in Czech last time, u can bring whatever u want, they weren't checking anything, u could bring a gun and go with it inside for sure xD
But at all I think it's just a fuckin' pic to sign so it's just a little thing and for sure u will can bring it inside

Good to know, thank you :)

I'll just try and see what happens.
Hulking_Dynamite

Postby miss_brutality » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:57 pm

Guess who saw Lordi live last night. I still can't believe everything that happened. I was right there in front of Mr L. On the front row. I caught OX's pick, I touched Amen and at the end Mr Lordi rubbed a towel all over himself and the others including OX's damn crotch haha and tossed it right in my arms! :lol:

Wanted to tell you something guys -
Thank you for supporting them! Really it means a lot to me. You have been a weird family to me for the last 7-8 years. With the drama from time to time and all! You are amazing. Please stay here and have discussions and fights and share the music of our Monsters. It hurts me so bad that they are so underrated but maybe we can make up for it! One monstermaniac here is worth a hundred fake-ass fans of other bands! (after concert thoughts haha)
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Ami » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 pm

miss_brutality wrote:Guess who saw Lordi live last night. I still can't believe everything that happened. I was right there in front of Mr L. On the front row. I caught OX's pick, I touched Amen and at the end Mr Lordi rubbed a towel all over himself and the others including OX's damn crotch haha and tossed it right in my arms! :lol:

Wanted to tell you something guys -
Thank you for supporting them! Really it means a lot to me. You have been a weird family to me for the last 7-8 years. With the drama from time to time and all! You are amazing. Please stay here and have discussions and fights and share the music of our Monsters. It hurts me so bad that they are so underrated but maybe we can make up for it! One monstermaniac here is worth a hundred fake-ass fans of other bands! (after concert thoughts haha)

Duuuude, I totally forgot about that forum. Should have checked here earlier. I got to meet them and talk with all of them. You wouldn't believe how nice, friendly and sweet they were. The meet n greet was so easy to enter, its unreal. You should have texted me that night on facebook and we could have fangirled together :D Anywaays, I'm thinking of seeing them in a another country sooner or later so maybe we can think of something and plan a trip together? :roll:
Ami

Postby miss_brutality » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Ami wrote:Duuuude, I totally forgot about that forum. Should have checked here earlier. I got to meet them and talk with all of them. You wouldn't believe how nice, friendly and sweet they were. The meet n greet was so easy to enter, its unreal. You should have texted me that night on facebook and we could have fangirled together :D Anywaays, I'm thinking of seeing them in a another country sooner or later so maybe we can think of something and plan a trip together? :roll:

I am definitely 100% gonna travel to see the next tour. I already feel excited for it. And hush about the meet and great cause I might start feeling bad :lol: It's alright though, next time!
I can't believe I will have to wait for .. what .. 2 years till the next one :cry: I need to see them live again like tomorrow haha :lol: But I would be happy to go with you :D
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Hulking_Dynamite » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:44 am

Okay, so I'm back from my trip from Edinburgh and have calmed myself of the concert-excitement. I had such a fantastic time at the concert (being my very first concert in my life) and the band was amazing! I let out 10 years worth of fan-excitement out and I was jumping and singing along during the whole concert! My throat was sore from singing my heart out and I was exhausted from my jumping. I had just enough money to buy a hoodie at the merchandise-store; since they didn't accept payment by card. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to see the band after the show, though I don't know why (since I've heard how friendly the band is towards meeting their fan-base); maybe the location just didn't suit the band's comfort for meeting the fans, since it was in a rather small bar and not in a large concert-hall. I tried my best, asking one of the security-guys (who seemed to go back-stage for me to ask if the band would do meet-and-greet, coming back very shortly with a formal negative reply). I still managed to see them live, which was the main-thing for me, but I also managed to take a concert-poster back home for a souvenir, which is nice.
Hulking_Dynamite

Postby acemcbell » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Newcastle last night was amazing. I have seen plenty of bands including AC/DC, maiden, Alice cooper and lordi topped the lot for entertainments. The only band that comes close for me is Twisted Sister and with them retiring from touring Lordi are now number 1 for me. And as a frontman Mr Lordi was incredible. Thanks for playing Newcastle
acemcbell

Postby CylonKing » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:50 am

So, not strictly 2016 dates but as previously mentioned, have managed to time my trip so that we get to see Lordi at the Whisky in LA...and it is in less than 2 weeks time. Very, very excited indeed. Currently in S. Korea and will be flying to LA on the 6th Feb. So looking foward to seeing our favourite Monsters again. :D
I reach for my Tankard of Ale......All you hear is a Tinkle of Mail
CylonKing

Postby CylonKing » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:10 am

Saw Lordi at the Whisky last night. Before I talk about the gig itself, here is some context. We're currently travelling. Once we heard that Lordi were playing the Whisky we rejigged our plans and added in Korea as an additional stop just so we could be in LA in February to go to the gig. Added a lot of expense, but worth it to us. We've been fans of Lordi since 2005 ish, before Eurovision, and have seen them all over the UK. Last year we made the trip over to Sweden Rock to catch Lordi and Twisted Sister. We've been excited about this gig ever since we bought tickets last August

So, we arrived at the gig, got scanned and searched and when I showed security my camera they informed us that we were not allowed to take pictures of the final band at all with the camera, only mobile phones are allowed. Now, my camera fits in my pocket and is about 5 years old and is a bog standard digital camera, definitely not a professional camera in any way, shape or form. Probably less powerful than most modern phones these days.

The lights went down and we got downstairs just as God of Thunder started playing. The band eventually taking the stage, having to negotiate the stairs down before launching into He-man. We were off to the side, in front of Ox but not at the front as we wanted room to dance. It has to be said, the crowd were not great. Static, no movement and little interaction with the band. Loads of people taking pictures with their phones, some recording video as well. The band launched into a number of songs that included The Riff, Icon of Dominance and Hug you Hardcore. We were loving it, jumping up and down, singing along, headbanging away, it was turning into one of the best Lordi gigs for us, they were on fire. Shame about the rest of the audience.

Anyway, I sneaked a few photos a couple of times, just the usual blurry images that non-professionals usually get. I thought as everyone else was taking photos with their modern phones and recording video, what's the harm in me taking a few snaps to remember the gig by. At the end of Hug you Hardcore, security grabbed me and asked me to show them my camera, which I did. They then took me to the foyer and said do I want to speak to the manager as it is $25 a picture. I explained that I was from the UK specifically for the gig hoping the man would show me a bit of leeway. He asked the question again and I said no and he let me go.

However, I was a little tipsy and asked 2 other security guards where the policy on photos had come from as the Whisky FAQ page states that normal personal cameras are allowed and both security guards confirmed that the ban was directly from the band themselves and not the club. The band then launched into my favourite song, Blood Red Sandman, but I was too angry to enjoy the rest of the gig. As I said, I've followed this band since 2005 and have never heard of this photo ban before, in fact, I forgot to take any pictures at Sweden Rock last year as I was too busy dancing and wanted a few photos from this gig to compensate. I must also point out that I do not own a mobile phone, so this was not an option.

The ban just seems petty to me. It was such a shame as the whole episode just left me angry and with a sour taste in my mouth. I watched the rest of the gig from one side of the venue, fuming. Now, I know that it was my own fault for sneaking a photo or 2. But when so many people were taking photos and recording, how can my obviously personal use camera be an issue? If this is the venues policy then they need to update the FAQ page on their website and stop blaming the bands. If this did indeed come from the band themselves then I'm deeply disappointed in them. It is a stupid rule which stopped a big fan of the band from enjoying what should've been an amazing gig. I was so angry and upset last night and at this point, a day after, now just feel let down by one of my favourite bands. I've never had an issue before at any gig regarding my camera. It was such a shame as before this, we were having the time of our life.
CylonKing

Postby Isa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:10 am

I really doubt that IF (big if) it come from my band it woul come from band themself. MAYBE management but certainly not band themself.

They more would be upset to learn it
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby CylonKing » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Isa wrote:I really doubt that IF (big if) it come from my band it woul come from band themself. MAYBE management but certainly not band themself.

They more would be upset to learn it

Thanks for the reply, I sincerely hope this is not from the band.
CylonKing

Postby Isa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:10 pm

If you have Facebook you can write to Hella for ask her. In general she answer and so you can be sure
Isa

Postby CylonKing » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:32 pm

I don't have a Facebook account. Would someone be able to draw the bands attention to this for me?
CylonKing

Postby Isa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 pm

I will, keep you in touch when know more
Isa

Postby CylonKing » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Many thanks, really appreciate it.
CylonKing

Postby miss_brutality » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:06 pm

These kinds or rules exist for most concerts. It is DEFINITELY not the band enforning them. It is the company that is arranging the gig at that particular city. They make the rules and as they often sell the opportunity to take pics of the band to the local media they have these strict no camera rules so this opportunity is exclusive.
It wasn't like this for Lordi when they were here in Bulgaria. here everyone took pictures. So it does not come from them nor does it depend on them. It is the organisers.
It's the same as the "No bottels brought in the venue" rule. Lordi could care less if I bring my water or buy it form the arena bar, but the organizing company have their contacts stating so. etc.
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Isa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:56 am

I get asked by Hella to say that she is is sorry for bad experience, unfotunately the filming policy at the venue was something band didn't even know about and seems to be a common rule at the Hollywood clubs
Last edited by Isa on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isa

Postby CylonKing » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Thanks to Isa and Hella here. My disappointment is now targetted at the Whisky, though my opinion of American crowds and venues was already pretty low and this has just highlighted why Europe is so much better for METAL!

The Whisky state that their policy is that cameras are allowed at the venue so, as previously suggested, I wonder if it is the promoter who is dictating the rules as the Whisky were adamant (heh, Adam Ant) that it was the bands policy.

Regardless, I want to Thank Isa and Hella for at least confirming that it was not the band (as that would really be gutting) and I look forward to seeing them again soon when they can make it up to me by putting on a kick ass show.
CylonKing

Postby anushka » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:40 am

Yeah, I would really wonder if this would be band's desicion. I always take photos for my Lordi page and I have quite big camera. Never had problem. Good we know where the truth is :wink:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Previous

Return to Gigs