Monsterboard

2016 Lordi Tourdates

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: 2016 Lordi Tourdates

Postby Monsta » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:53 pm

That sucks to hear, Nilian. I'm not too invested in the touring business and routines of other bands, but I have to say whoever's in charge of Lordi tours this time around is doing a shitty job. Sure, there can be troubles with communication and unforeseen problems showing up along the way, but with now several gigs being cancelled in very strange ways it's hard not to see a pattern of unprofessionalism.

(yep, still mad about the Sweden and Finland gigs).

EDIT: and yes, in the end it kinda is the band's fault. It is their responsibility to hire decent people. Also, giving some kind of explanation and apology to disappointed fans shouldn't be that hard either.
Monsta

Postby Isa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:03 pm

They give explanation on FB

We are terribly sorry that tonights show in Košice/Slovakia is cancelled.

The promoter changed the venue to a very tiny, small club that could not fit a Lordi show in any way. The stage could not even physically fit all the members, the drum kit, amps etc on the stage. For example; Mr Lordi and Mr Ox would have literally needed to perform on their knees, or without their boots, to be able to fit under the lights and the roof. That's how low the roof and how small the stage is.

The band and the crew, we're all devastated, and of course we would have wanted to play tonight. But, it was simply not possible at the venue that was provided. All the turns of events today that lead to this very late cancellation, they came as a huge and unfortunate surprise to the band and crew as well.

In addition, we wanna let it be known that the local promoter never signed the contract for the show, nor paid the deposit in advance. Even today, the promoter was not willing and not able to pay the full agreed fee for the show.

We are very sorry for this and we hope that all the fans will get their money refunded. We hope that we can some day try to arrange a new show to make up for this one.

- Mr. Lordi, Amen, Ox, Hella & Mana
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Nilian » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:49 am

At least we got some explanation from the band, I learned about the cancelled gig when I got home (around 4 pm) and there was nothing official anywhere (friends, who knew from our friend who was helping the organiser) at that time. The band's statemant was posted just one hour ago (the time the gig was supposed to be over.) All the communication/organisation was somehow strange from all I know (I do not want to write all the details about the organisation, but I got the info from the first hand). Been to that declined venue today for a beer and the stage was not that small (maybe not as tall as in sports hall, but they could manage).

Whatever now, it all has already happened and it can't be changed now.

Monsta: Wait, more gigs were cancelled?
They will just be an ember
Yet your flame's burning high
They will not be remembered
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby Monsta » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:50 pm

^Gigs in the UK, Italy, Finland and Sweden have been cancelled. In the case of Finland and Sweden, the band cancelled two days after the announcements. As I said, shit happens but I'd say something's definitely off. As far as I'm concerned, this hasn't happened on previous tours. Of course, this is just speculation, but one can't help but wonder.
Monsta

Postby Isa » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:16 pm

For the UK it is because the hall did close.

During Babez tour Strasbourg get cancel 3-2 days before the show

I wouldn't be surprise that after tour some big talk will be done. Band don't choose but they don't like it too
Isa

Postby CampCrystalLake » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:37 am

Yes admittedly in the case of UK, the venue went out of business so the Lordi gig along with many others got cancelled. There is talk of it being moved to another venue, but we haven't seen that yet. I was planning to go to FIN gig as well, so as per Monsta said, it still hurts!
I do feel immensely sorry for the Slovakia fans - considering it got cancelled the day it was happening. It's pants :( At least with Uk we got some forewarning, and it definitely wasn't the band/management fault in that case. But I do agree, I think some serious talking should happen - something in the tour train isn't oiled right.
Real shame, I hope no one else loses out on this tour :(
A.K.A Vampire Girl
Fan of horror & the paranormal. Author and amateur Journalist.

LORDI Army UK and Ireland - https://www.facebook.com/LordiArmyUKIreland/

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4319&p=579013#p579013
CampCrystalLake

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Miss-Elodia and I saw the band in Bochum last Saturday, and after the show we got to chat with the band. I happened to ask Mr. L about the cancelled gigs in Stockholm and Vaasa, so I figure I'll paraphrase what he told us since the topic is being discussed here. Basically he said the gigs weren't possible due to logistical reasons. Lordi aren't Iron Maiden who can fly all of their equipment from country to country. Heading to Sweden from the UK would've meant going to Central Europe on a ferry, and then driving all across Europe to Sweden. With truck drivers only being able to drive a certain number of hours a day as per law and contracts, they never would've made it in time. Same problem with getting to Finland from Sweden - there wasn't enough time. The band knew this but according to Mr. L the promoters hadn't considered this and "blew their load" too early by promoting the gigs even though they'd never been confirmed on the band's end.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Dr. Sin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:38 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:Miss-Elodia and I saw the band in Bochum last Saturday, and after the show we got to chat with the band. I happened to ask Mr. L about the cancelled gigs in Stockholm and Vaasa, so I figure I'll paraphrase what he told us since the topic is being discussed here. Basically he said the gigs weren't possible due to logistical reasons. Lordi aren't Iron Maiden who can fly all of their equipment from country to country. Heading to Sweden from the UK would've meant going to Central Europe on a ferry, and then driving all across Europe to Sweden. With truck drivers only being able to drive a certain number of hours a day as per law and contracts, they never would've made it in time. Same problem with getting to Finland from Sweden - there wasn't enough time. The band knew this but according to Mr. L the promoters hadn't considered this and "blew their load" too early by promoting the gigs even though they'd never been confirmed on the band's end.

Did he say if there's any chance for a gig in Finland next year, then?
Dr. Sin

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:23 pm

^ With everything else we ended up talking about it never occured to me to ask, believe it or not. :lol:
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Dr. Sin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:13 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:^ With everything else we ended up talking about it never occured to me to ask, believe it or not. :lol:

Oh, you!
Dr. Sin

Postby Monsta » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:50 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Markus!

Of course I get that it's not up to the band and yada yada yada, but as I said, they are ultimately the ones who hire these guys whom I think have managed things extremely unprofessionally, especially when it comes to those two gigs. It was all just very strange and not cool towards neither the fans nor the local organisers. Anticlimactic to say the least. But hey, life goes on! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Monsta

Postby miss_brutality » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:46 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:Miss-Elodia and I saw the band in Bochum last Saturday, and after the show we got to chat with the band. I happened to ask Mr. L about the cancelled gigs in Stockholm and Vaasa, so I figure I'll paraphrase what he told us since the topic is being discussed here...

Quick question though - how did you manage to meet them and talk to them ?
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:49 pm

^ Waited near-by their tour bus for about an hour and a half after the show. :P
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Isa » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:55 pm

It well happen (most of time) that they enter fast in bus when being tired, when having a long travel.... Also happen you wait more than 2 hours and didn't saw them all yet too or then fast.

Just say it that people don't expect that wait give you occassion to can have a long chat with all of them 'cos it isn't the case at all.
Isa

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:56 pm

^ Hella and OX did indeed pass by fairly quickly with a brief hello. Amen and Mana stayed to chat for a few minutes, and with Mr. L we ended up talking for what felt like a good fifteen minutes or so.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Miss-Elodia » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:39 am

You forgot to mention that a fellow german fan had the balls to sneak in and ask for the band. Balls we... didn't really have. XD
I was so ready to go back to the hotel 'cause I was freezing cold, but like you say Isa, you face the dilemma of staying and maybe see them, or go home and let the chance go. I guess what motivated me the most to stay was that I wanted to see the band's reaction to Markus's thesis about Mr L. :3
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015.
Twitter Tumblr Facebook Lordi stories on FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Postby Isa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:22 am

I more mean that people imagine that stay at bus will make them can have a chat with the band and that it's always the case. You can see them from close or far, fast or less fast but it isn't 'cos you wait that you always get that chat.

You can wait more than 2h (and sometime less) for in the end only see them fast enter the bus and people need to realise that too. It isn't 'cos they stop chat with somes, 'cos sometime they do it, that it is always the case
Isa

Postby Dr. Sin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:26 pm

I think most (rational) people do actually understand and can tell apart the concepts of "possibility" and "necessity" (in a somewhat intuitive level).
Dr. Sin

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:52 pm

Dr. Sin wrote:I think most (rational) people do actually understand and can tell apart the concepts of "possibility" and "necessity" (in a somewhat intuitive level).

Exactly. I mean the band can be tired after a show or just be in a hurry due to schedules, so it's understandable if they don't always have time after a show. Even if me and Miss-Elodia hadn't met the band we still would've been very happy with our evening due to a great show and cool new merch. We decided to wait because we wanted to, but we always knew it would largely be based on luck whether we actually ended up seeing any of the band after the show. And I mean as far as bands go I think Lordi has been very accommodating with their fans over the years, so I don't expect any more from them than they can give. And they have a history of giving quite a bit, me thinks.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby ksco » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 pm

After gig in Ostrava 20.10 in the last week I had a meet with mrL, we were talking about half an hour I think or more and I asked him when will be new album, next year or 2018 (I know it's early and last album was released in the last month but u know hahah, I was just curious xD) and he told me that probably in 2018.
ksco

Postby miss_brutality » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:29 pm

I'm dying to meet Mr. L and the others. There were some games on FB to win a meeting with them but of course they didn't pick me :roll: why would they pick the biggest damn fan in Bulgaria. My friends will want to go after teh show .. but I will try to stay maybe get the chance to say hi.
How is talking to them? Are they nice, open?
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:10 pm

miss_brutality wrote:How is talking to them? Are they nice, open?

From my experience they are, yes. Mr. L especially is a very chatty person who likes to talk. And talk. And then talk some more. :lol: Not that I mind because it's always a pleasure chatting with him. :) That and I can relate because in the right company I can be pretty damn chatty as well.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby ksco » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:21 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:

From my experience they are, yes. Mr. L especially is a very chatty person who likes to talk. And talk. And then talk some more. :lol: Not that I mind because it's always a pleasure chatting with him. :) That and I can relate because in the right company I can be pretty damn chatty as well.

As Markus said, mrL is a very good person to talk, and not only about the band :D u can talk with him about everything :) Mana and Hella are also very nice to talk, and Mana is a rly funny guy :P Ox is a bit shy imo, and Amen.. Amen is hmm.. he is a specific type of person, at first he's maybe shy, maybe bored of everything but if he will know you better then he's rly cool imo but at all he's a nice too :mrgreen:
ksco

Postby Monsta » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:14 pm

I had the luck of meeting them this summer and based on that experience I'd say they are. Mr Lordi is definitely the easiest one to talk to (and to be honest the one I most wanted to) but I'm sure you could engage in a conversation with the others as well, something I unfortunately didn't have enough time to. I did however get stuff signed and pictures with all members and they were all very polite and gave you that personal attention that's invaluable for a fan. I've met other artists and bands I like that just sign the stuff without looking at you whilst talking over your head and then leave. From my personal experience and from what I've heard from others this is never the case with Lordi. They're very nice with their fans.

Also, I just want to say that after ten years of being a fan of the band I never thought I'd get to meet them. It really just takes patience, luck and persistence. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you miss_brutality!
Monsta

Postby miss_brutality » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Check out my T-shirt for the concert. My whole house still stinks like graffiti spray and my lungs are red and black :lol: It's not perfect but I like how it turned out. What do you guys think?
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs