Monsterboard

2016 Lordi Tourdates

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: 2016 Lordi Tourdates

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:13 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Hellbender Turbulence, so I'm glad to see it make a comeback to the setlist after so many years. :)
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Joni Master » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:30 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:I've always had a soft spot for Hellbender Turbulence, so I'm glad to see it make a comeback to the setlist after so many years. :)

I cant believe they play this shit song when they just released new album and everyone wanna hear these new songs. They should let us make the setlist...
Joni Master

Postby Isa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:32 pm

I doubt we would can make a setlist knowing all the different opinion you can find by fans (and humans in general)
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:16 pm

^ Not to mention the band has to be able to pace themselves and figure out a setlist they can actually play in their costumes. You put too many fast songs back to back for example and I'm sure in those costumes in a small club under hot lights it can get exhausting. And then you have to be able to do that night after night for weeks on end on tour. It's a different thing to sit at home and make a playlist of your favorite songs than it is to be the band that has to play those songs.

That's not to say we as fans can't have opinions about what songs we'd like to hear, and certainly wanting to hear songs off the new album that the tour is in support of in the first place is absolutely justified.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Joni Master » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:51 am

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:^ Not to mention the band has to be able to pace themselves and figure out a setlist they can actually play in their costumes. You put too many fast songs back to back for example and I'm sure in those costumes in a small club under hot lights it can get exhausting. And then you have to be able to do that night after night for weeks on end on tour. It's a different thing to sit at home and make a playlist of your favorite songs than it is to be the band that has to play those songs.

That's not to say we as fans can't have opinions about what songs we'd like to hear, and certainly wanting to hear songs off the new album that the tour is in support of in the first place is absolutely justified.

You are right. But still its shit song. :twisted:
Joni Master

Postby Ida » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:39 pm

I still stand by my opinion that when you have a tour supporting an album - and this goes for any band - you should focus on that album. Instead of doing 2-3 songs from Monstereo, they should try to do as many out of the 7 songs Theaterror has. What is the point of putting out new music, if you don't play it? Then, when you do the second leg or festival gigs, then you can start strip it down a bit to one or two songs. Because, why put out a new album if you are not even gonna play it? Then you might as well keep touring with the material you have.

And secondly, if they don't want to play "Hard Rock Hallujah" they don't have to. At least not on their own headline gigs. H.E.A.T removed "1000 Miles" - and nothing happened, the band kept growing etc. Dynazty removed "Land of Broken Dreams" and nothing happened - they moved on, and so did their fans, as if the song never existed. On festival and supporting slots, then ok, but on your own headline gigs you don't HAVE to.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Heavyalist » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:23 pm

Ida wrote:I still stand by my opinion that when you have a tour supporting an album - and this goes for any band - you should focus on that album. Instead of doing 2-3 songs from Monstereo, they should try to do as many out of the 7 songs Theaterror has. What is the point of putting out new music, if you don't play it? Then, when you do the second leg or festival gigs, then you can start strip it down a bit to one or two songs. Because, why put out a new album if you are not even gonna play it? Then you might as well keep touring with the material you have.

And secondly, if they don't want to play "Hard Rock Hallujah" they don't have to. At least not on their own headline gigs. H.E.A.T removed "1000 Miles" - and nothing happened, the band kept growing etc. Dynazty removed "Land of Broken Dreams" and nothing happened - they moved on, and so did their fans, as if the song never existed. On festival and supporting slots, then ok, but on your own headline gigs you don't HAVE to.

Agreed once again. I think fans are much more excited about new stuff to be played. 3 songs? We've already know that is gonna be HYH and He-man. Don't get me wrong I love these 2 songs, but I would love more to hear Down With The Devil and Sick Flick, None for One by chance. If that 3rd song that will be played happens to be Mary is Dead the setlist for me would be a fail. Some will ofcourse enjoy it, but would too enjoy at least another song from this album.

Come on. At least 4-5 songs from the new album should be played. Not at least 3. Otherwise the tour name just can't be named Monstour, because of the setlist lacking of Monstereophonic songs.

If just 2 of the usual songs played live like Hard Rock Halleluyah and This Is Heavy Metal wouldn't be played there could be already 2 more of the new songs on the setlist. Why not do that?

When I was on a festival where Iron Maiden played, they put 6-7 of the new songs on the setlist and one of them is 13 minutes long, others for about 6 minutes. The other half of the setlist were their alltime classics, but some we're sacrifised and not put on the setlist just for the new songs to be played, because fans were excited about the new material to be played live. But yea forgive me these are totally different bands I'm comparing.

In short: For God's sake please play more new songs live Lordi.
Heavyalist

Postby Isa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:14 pm

I would also like more new songs but I understand band decision to want play from all albums, if we get 2 songs of each it give 16 songs which is a average. I like hear new songs but I also like to hear old songs that they never played or didn't since a moment and here it is the case

The name of the tour was choose before they choosed the name of album so tour can stil be named so. It is simply "monstour" for monster tour

For me they can let fall who's your daddy but HRH is like WYLAM or BRS or even DIAL. I would dare say it is even bigger than those songs. They are waited by a majority of people. If there is one song everybody in public know it is HRH so if those people who go see band don't get it, get dissapointed who will it stay ? It isn't only with us that they will full a hall
Isa

Postby Heavyalist » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Yea but there is time for these songs to be played on festivals or after Monstour, before the next album. When the next album will come out and there will be the new tour, again if Lordi decide to play equal songs from every album, again we won't hear more then 2 songs from Monstereophonic and not even from the album that will come. And again everyone will be more excited about hearing new songs rather than songs from Monstereophonic or any other album. By logic. And this creates a paradox and dissapointment for at least half of diehard fans if not even standard fans.
Heavyalist

Postby Cannibal's Candy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:46 pm

I think they don't have to play songs from every album. They should drop the songs from the last 2-3 albums (especially Sincerly with Love and The Riff) and focus on the new material and the old classics (Loser, Monsterman, Sandman, HRH) and then some rare songs thrown in like Missing Miss Charlene or Wake the Snake (which they did with Hellbender).
Cannibal's Candy

Postby Joni Master » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:40 am

Ida wrote:I still stand by my opinion that when you have a tour supporting an album - and this goes for any band - you should focus on that album. Instead of doing 2-3 songs from Monstereo, they should try to do as many out of the 7 songs Theaterror has. What is the point of putting out new music, if you don't play it? Then, when you do the second leg or festival gigs, then you can start strip it down a bit to one or two songs. Because, why put out a new album if you are not even gonna play it? Then you might as well keep touring with the material you have.

I really agree on this. If they wanna play old songs they can just re-record Get Heavy and dont make new album next time? :roll:
Joni Master

Postby Ida » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Isa wrote:For me they can let fall who's your daddy but HRH is like WYLAM or BRS or even DIAL. I would dare say it is even bigger than those songs. They are waited by a majority of people. If there is one song everybody in public know it is HRH so if those people who go see band don't get it, get dissapointed who will it stay ? It isn't only with us that they will full a hall

I quote myself:

"And secondly, if they don't want to play "Hard Rock Hallujah" they don't have to. At least not on their own headline gigs. H.E.A.T removed "1000 Miles" - and nothing happened, the band kept growing etc. Dynazty removed "Land of Broken Dreams" and nothing happened - they moved on, and so did their fans, as if the song never existed. On festival and supporting slots, then ok, but on your own headline gigs you don't HAVE to."

Maybe you are unfamiliar with these bands, but "1000 Miles" and "Land of Broken Dreams" is the "Hard Rock Halleujah" of these bands. But to use a more famous example. WASP does NOT play "Animal" live. And still they keep on going. Because die hard fans don't care about their hits. Really. And with the attitude Mr Lordi has about the song "HRH" on stage he might as well cut it out, there's nothing more UNINSPIRING watching a singer bash his own song on stage.

And oh! Sabaton cut out "Attero Dominatus" on S:O:A, which is also one of their bigger hits (perhaps more like Devil is a loser) and no one, not even myself, noticed until several days later, so they really don't _HAVE_ to...
Swedish Lordi Crew
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Sooophie » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:57 pm

I agree with you Heavyalist and Ida. I wouldn't mind at all if Lordi cut HRH, Devil is a loser, Blood Red Sandman... Okay, some people know Lordi just because of these songs, to me it seems that the band is afraid to try new stuff. I think that as die hard fans we have different expectations, maybe people would be a bit disappointed because Lordi didn't play their hit songs. But would it really matter if Lordi makes a decent setlist with brand new songs? I don't think so. Lordi has great potential. Those who don't know Lordi's music very well would discover more and get curious. Most of their songs are underrated, songs Lordi never played are AS GOOD as those they play again and again over the years. And it would feel good to everyone: both fans and "normal" people to get some fresh stuff. It's the most disappointing thing in the end... That they don't use most of their potential. By the way, making a setlist with approximately 6-8 new songs doesn't mean that they have to cut some songs particularly. They can add more new songs and still play HRH... It's just a matter of organization. And I guess that promoting the newest album is one of the purposes of touring... Who's gonna buy the new album if people don't get to listen to it? Lordi can't count on die hard fans only, they have to conquer new fans if they want to survive.
Sooophie

Postby Monsta » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:33 pm

Am I the only one thinking this is being blown a bit out of proportion? On the contrary, I think Lordi have been very generous with their setlist. 4-5 new songs per show, PLUS playing songs that probably only 4% of the audience knows (Don't let my mother know, Evillove etc...) They even played Hulking Dynamo, a song heard by like 12 people. To be fair, I don't think I know any other band providing so much fan service as Lordi. Not quite getting the problem here.
Monsta

Postby Ida » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:29 am

Monsta wrote:Am I the only one thinking this is being blown a bit out of proportion? On the contrary, I think Lordi have been very generous with their setlist. 4-5 new songs per show, PLUS playing songs that probably only 4% of the audience knows (Don't let my mother know, Evillove etc...) They even played Hulking Dynamo, a song heard by like 12 people. To be fair, I don't think I know any other band providing so much fan service as Lordi. Not quite getting the problem here.

Sabaton. Even do geographical setlists (More Carolus songs in Sweden, more Polish songs in Poland etc) so there did happen to be (at least) one band.

And I did say in my statement that for me, this goes for ANY band, not simply Lordi. I was very disappointed on SOA, as you know, that they only played like three or four "The Last Stand" songs, for instance. And it's about taste, in the end. I'd personally tour the hell out of my new album if I had one, and then scale it down for the second / third /fourth leg.
Swedish Lordi Crew
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby miss_brutality » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Got my tickets for the gig in Bulgaria :twisted:
Now all I can do is hope they come for real!
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Rockman » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:45 am

It seems that there has been a hell of a party yesterday in Germany.. :wink:
Setlist looks like this: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lordi/2016/framus-and-warwick-music-hall-markneukirchen-germany-13fd393d.html
Pretty good setlist, but not a lot from the new album.
Rockman

Postby Heavyalist » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:14 pm

It's a nice setlist but... 4 songs from Arockalypse and 3 from new album? How does that make sense? Why?
Heavyalist

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:30 pm

^ Because The Arockalypse is by far their most commercially successful album and contains several of their best known songs.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Heavyalist » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:05 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:^ Because The Arockalypse is by far their most commercially successful album and contains several of their best known songs.

Yes I know why. But damn it Lordi... Couldn't they focus on the new stuff. Well as long as they play Down With The Devil I shouldn't complain. Too bad they don't play Sick Flick.
Heavyalist

Postby Nilian » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Lordi just cancelled the show in Kosice just because they didn't like the club (they were supposed to play in different venue, however small amount of tixkets was sold, so it was changed) even though yesterday they agreed to play there. Anyway they are in Kosice and they took the deposit despite not playing.

I am quite angry, because I was loking forward to the concert and I can't just go to any random concert of the tour because of is problematic to travel there because of the distance and the time off the work. It is not like I wouldn't want to go. Would go to Bratislava if I knew some two weeks ago.
They will just be an ember
Yet your flame's burning high
They will not be remembered
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby Isa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:06 pm

I would be more than surprise that it would be only 'cos they didn't like the club. Maybe it were really not possible to play there for them (depending of stage size or so), it isn't their style to cancel (band dislike do it) and certainly at last minutes

Edit :

Here is what the tour manager of the band say about it

promoter changed the venue (without permission) to a small club that would not fit for LORDI. also he was not able to pay the band. so the gig had to be cancelled.
Isa

Postby Nilian » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Isa wrote:I would be more than surprise that it would be only 'cos they didn't like the club. Maybe it were really not possible to play there for them (depending of stage size or so), it isn't their style to cancel (band dislike do it) and certainly at last minutes

Edit :

Here is what the tour manager of the band say about it

promoter changed the venue (without permission) to a small club that would not fit for LORDI. also he was not able to pay the band. so the gig had to be cancelled.

I heard the info from my friend who is organizing the concert and as far as I know the company was able to pay them. Band/management was asked if they could play in other venue (where bands like Hammerfall, Moonspell, Gamma Ray, Sabaton and others played before) and promoters got positive answer. It is word againt word, but even the organizer tries to do everything to make the concert happen. Succesfull concerts and fans are their good reputaion after all.

I am just dissapointed that I don't get to see the band that made me listen to hard rock/metal music till I don't know when.
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby Isa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Words against words like you say. In the end we will never know for sure

I can understand you are angry, frustrated and all but accuse the band only on "someone say me that...." is not a solution, it will not make show happen and it will just give a wrong image when you can't be sure if your info are right

IF someone get asked it was management, not the band as it is their management who do all, they play were they get told to play and how more place they can do, how more they like it. I will not say who is right or not 'cos I can't know but what I know is that it is reallyyyyyyyy not their style do not mind on their fans, from all the bands I know they are one of those I have see play when some wouldn't had and that for their fans but if it is true that they couldn't get pay then sorry fans or not they were right to cancel, we also wouldn't work for free and even worst work and need pay ourself as they need to pay their crew too
Isa

Postby Nilian » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Isa wrote:Words against words like you say. In the end we will never know for sure

I can understand you are angry, frustrated and all but accuse the band only on "someone say me that...." is not a solution, it will not make show happen and it will just give a wrong image when you can't be sure if your info are right

IF someone get asked it was management, not the band as it is their management who do all, they play were they get told to play and how more place they can do, how more they like it. I will not say who is right or not 'cos I can't know but what I know is that it is reallyyyyyyyy not their style do not mind on their fans, from all the bands I know they are one of those I have see play when some wouldn't had and that for their fans but if it is true that they couldn't get pay then sorry fans or not they were right to cancel, we also wouldn't work for free and even worst work and need pay ourself as they need to pay their crew too

That friend told me, they concacted the management. I understand that they want to get paid for the job, I also get salary. I just don't think that only the money would be the problem, why woudl a promoting comapny organise concert if they can't pay the band? Especially if the company already did many concerts including Nightwish in the same town in June?

Don't want to gert mad at everybody now, it is just not the way to cancell the concert. And Lordi travelled all the way from Berlin to eastern Slovakia. They could just cancel it yesterday and save the money for the hotel and travelling. Could have communicated it in other way and say sorry to fans at least. That's all.
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs