Monsterboard

Monstour Spoiler Topic

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Monstour Spoiler Topic

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:40 am

Some people prefer discover when assist on show so I propose that all spoiler info (setlist, how solo long....) get talk here so people who don't want know have a topic and who want talk more precise have info too

Rockman had post setlist, I copy it here for who want talk of it with told name of the songs

Rockman wrote:It seems that there has been a hell of a party yesterday in Germany.. :wink:
Setlist looks like this: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lordi/2016/framus-and-warwick-music-hall-markneukirchen-germany-13fd393d.html
Pretty good setlist, but not a lot from the new album.
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Re: Monstour Spoiler Topic

Postby miss_brutality » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 am

You're right. Moving my comments here.

It is weird that they start with Nailed. That is probably my least favorite Lordi song. And I could've bet my as they would start with He-man. Also they don't play SFO :cry:
But I love that they'tep laying older stuff - The children of the night gives me life :twisted:
They do have the biggest hits and Down with the devil is there <3 Great setlist for superfans but for the casual listener - hmm
Not sure if the encore is 2 or 3 songs but if it's Cadaver lover and The riff that is kinda strange :lol: who knows there songs :lol:
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Rockman » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:39 am

Great thinking, Isa! Should've think this topic before posting. :D
The setlist isn't in order yet, as it says at the bottom of the setlist. I'm pretty sure WYLAM, HRH etc. were played last.
Rockman

Postby ksco » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:39 am

miss_brutality wrote:You're right. Moving my comments here.

It is weird that they start with Nailed. That is probably my least favorite Lordi song. And I could've bet my as they would start with He-man. Also they don't play SFO :cry:
But I love that they'tep laying older stuff - The children of the night gives me life :twisted:
They do have the biggest hits and Down with the devil is there <3 Great setlist for superfans but for the casual listener - hmm
Not sure if the encore is 2 or 3 songs but if it's Cadaver lover and The riff that is kinda strange :lol: who knows there songs :lol:

well, there's a note that says "wrong order" :D So I think only one song is in good order and it is SCG xD
ksco

Postby miss_brutality » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:50 am

Thank god :lol:
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Rockman » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:58 am

Any pics/information about new merch?
Rockman

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:02 pm

Go take a look at : https://www.instagram.com/tinypistolofficial/

On one of the picture you can see some of the t-shirts
Isa

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:28 pm

^ Those shirts look too damn cool! And that's not even all of them. I can already hear my wallet crying from all the money I'm going to spend on merch in a couple of weeks.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:32 pm

I need to put priority 'cos offer me all isn't possible but when plannified the cost I always count a amount for merchandising too

About setlist I wait to see if it stay so or if it will again tend to be less and less song. Hope they keep the 3 songs of new album (good surprise as I expected 2) and BBTBTR
Isa

Postby anushka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Am I only one who is disappointed by the setlist? Really no Demonarchy songs? Pfffff........ :roll:

I like Hellbender Turbulence and Bite It Like a Bulldog are back. But still not the best setlist so far....
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:33 pm

It were say in an interview that they would not play any Demonarchy songs as they would need a second guitarist and because they want play the full story and not only a part
Isa

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:36 pm

I mean we already knew going in that there would be no Demonarchy songs. And hopefully the band will go through with the idea of playing all of them live next year and thus rectify the lack of them on this setlist.

Personally I'm kinda in love with this setlist. Despite not many songs from the new album the most important one for me (Let's Go Slaughter He-Man) is there, and there's a refreshing amount of rarer tracks in the set. The Children of The Night, Hellbender Turbulence, Bite It Like a Bulldog, Babez for Breakfast, Icon of Dominance, Cadaver Lover... I'm definitely happy with this set.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby anushka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Well, why to record songs you can't play live. That's only my opinion.... And I didn't read any interview about this. Sorry, don't have time to read every sh*t what is said somewhere. For me it's quite boring setlist. Still the same songs again and again. Adding some old ones can't save this.... :roll:
anushka

Postby Dr. Sin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:44 pm

anushka wrote:Well, why to record songs you can't play live.

Because they can and want to.
Dr. Sin

Postby Rockman » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Isa wrote:Go take a look at : https://www.instagram.com/tinypistolofficial/

On one of the picture you can see some of the t-shirts

Looking good! :D
Rockman

Postby anushka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Ok, make it clear.... my problem is (and I'm sure it was written somewhere here) they play 3!!! songs from the new album. Honestly, what's the reason to record new albums then? We know musicians don't have too much money from records sells. They should just tour with old stuff and almost everyone would be happy....

Sorry, if I'm too critical but after many years I'm with Lordi it's the first time I'm really disappointed by something they made.

And about this "They can't play Demonarchy because of the story" and blabla..... honestly, do you think about the lyrics when you are at the concert? Like would be there anyone who would say "Wow, what a story. I wanna know how it will end. Why they just didn't play other songs about that?"..... I don't think so.
anushka

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:59 pm

I will answer as it indirectly aim me...I only told here what Mr Lordi say when explain why they will not play Demonarchy during tour BUT also why it can be they play it but then all that part in a appart show. I didn't have exprim an opinion, didn't say it were right or not, I only limited me on explain why they choose do not play it.

Now I somewhere agree with the 3 songs BUT on 7 songs (intro included) of Theaterror they play 4 songs more than 50% (half if you don't count intro)

I am neither happy or dissapointed of setlist as I found good or bad. I also simply didn't had expectation before tour too I just go for see them, for show
Isa

Postby anushka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:07 pm

I din't react directly on you when I was wrtiting about Demonarchy. It seems you all have some other informations than me about the tour. Since I don't have time to read everything what is said here and there.....

Still my opinion is the same. I image the tour for new album a bit else than this.... I will go there, of course. But more to have fun with my old friends than be super hyped for the songs.

At least, they should add Sick Flick on the setlist! :lol:
anushka

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:12 pm

These are all matters of opinion, really. King Diamond for example has built a career on concept albums and yet he still plays setlists with random songs from all of his albums. But on the other hand you have someone like Mr. L who sees something like Demonarchy as one complete piece where he wants to play either all of it or none of it. And I understand both perspectives, because while I do agree with Mr. L on the fact that a concept album is a different animal than a regular album, I've never had any problem with King picking random songs from his albums even if they're bits from concept albums.

As for recording songs you can't recreate live, the studio should be the place where you can experiment and do anything without limits. If you can't do it there where can you? You could have a great song idea but realize it wouldn't be a great live song. Should you ditch it then and replace it on the album with a safe crowdpleaser? Hell no, I say. First make the best album you can, and then figure out what parts of it are fit for a live setting. An album is a different thing than a live show after all.

However I don't think it really is that hard to do even more complicated stuff live. I mean orchestras have been a huge part of Nightwish's sound for the last decade and they don't tour with an orchestra. They just have the orchestral stuff on playback. But again with Lordi I don't think it's as much an issue of that the band can't do Demonarchy live but more that Mr. L wants to wait for the chance to do the whole thing with a live production.

But I agree, Sick Flick should be on the setlist. Second best song on the album, I say!
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Sooophie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:43 pm

The setlist is not as bad as I feared it would be (I hope I don't sound too harsh by saying this), there are some nice surprises. Children of the night, Icon of Dominance, Bite it like a bulldog and Cadaver Lover make me happy. :D

It was to be expected for those who read interviews that the band wasn't going to perform Demonarchy songs and that they would perform 2 Theaterror songs. And I agree with you Anushka because I was disappointed when I heard this. I was like what's the point, why touring is you don't play songs from your new album? Touring is also about promoting the album and if people don't get to hear it it makes it harder to sell it, doesn't it? I'm not an expert though but it sounds logical. But I can be wrong by saying this. Anyway this setlist seems better than what I expected :)
Sooophie

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Expected 2 and we get 3
Isa

Postby Sooophie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:03 pm

And in my opinion it's still not enough when you've just released a new album... It's really poor. Most of the band I see in concerts play most of their new album. But I guess this is typical Lordi. They also have tour names related to their new albums but they don't make the most of it. As I said a few weeks ago I love going to their concerts, just seeing the band on stage make me very happy but we have to admit that every tour, it's always the same stuff. A mix of a very few songs from their new album, some old songs and some other old songs they play every time.
Last edited by Sooophie on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sooophie

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:13 pm

first I had mind that recently they play not that much new songs but when I looked at setlist from previous tour I saw it were around 7 songs of new album (at least for TBONTB tour and SFO one) , not far than half of setlist. We have impress it is always same because we see them more than once a tour. Yes, some songs always stay and even I like Who's your daddy in live it still could be nice to once have a tour without it (like there is other singles we don't get at every tour) but from other side they still vary and who only see them once a tour will not mind like us too

My point of view is just that it's on band to choose, I may like or dislike but in the end they choose so when they say "no Demonarchy" I only focus on Theaterror and here I see they still do half.
Isa

Postby anushka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Don't touch Who's your daddy? song. That's mine and Amen' s song. Don't ask for details :lol: :lol:
anushka

Postby Sooophie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:27 pm

My point isn't here. It's not about that. What I'm trying to say is about performing a proper tour according to the new album. Let me put it another way: it's a bit like Lordi have on tour setlists they should have at festivals instead.
Sooophie

Next

Return to Gigs