Monsterboard

Monstour Spoiler Topic

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Monstour Spoiler Topic

Postby CampCrystalLake » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:45 pm

I have to concur that I feel more new tracks should be played - of course that is up to the band though. But yes, considering the tour is for the promo of the new album it does seem slightly counter-productive to then not play mainly new songs Live.
I think you raise a valid point Sooophie - it is a more festival playlist to please the masses. Tour setlist should really be newer songs - even more SFO would be good.

I'm happy with the majority of those songs on the setlist though, especially BABEZ and Cadaver Lover - I can't WAIT to hear BFB live as I never saw a Babez tour. I love He Man, HYH and DWTD so that's awesome, though i concur with Markus - Sick Flick should be getting airtime!

I knew about the Demonarchy not being played as Isa suggests, I checked out that interview too - BUT from what I gather there is a nice little Demonarchy surprise! And If they do a show where Demonarchy will be played in full, I will be there.

I'm looking forward to seeing them live again, regardless of the set list. I think I will still love it!
A.K.A Vampire Girl
Fan of horror & the paranormal. Author and amateur Journalist.

LORDI Army UK and Ireland - https://www.facebook.com/LordiArmyUKIreland/

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4319&p=579013#p579013
CampCrystalLake

Postby Heavyalist » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:42 pm

If they could add Sick Flick to the setlist... That would be great.
Heavyalist

Postby ksco » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:54 am

I realized that there's no any bonus track on the setlist. If I good remember they've played about one bonus track on each tour in the last yrs. In SFO tour setlist it was Don't Let My Mother Know, In To Beast tour it was Beast Loose In Paradise and Hulking Dynamo, in BFB tour setlist it was Hate At First Sight if I good remember. But this time we haven't a chance to hear any bonus tracks :| Unfortunately. Cuz I think Lordi's bonus tracks r so daaaamn good. And many of them r better than some songs on the main albums.
ksco

Postby miss_brutality » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:30 am

Well at the end of the day they could play their worst and least known songs and none of the singles or my faves and I would still LOVE the show if I saw it :lol: So not gonna complain. And the set list is quite good guys :)
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby ksco » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:05 am

Yes, setlist is rly good. Especially I love the fact that BILAB is back to the setlist, and Babez is in it :D I've never heard babez live and it's my fave song from BFB album :D But the best setlist ever is from SFO tour imo. They've played maaany songs in some venues, I think setlist was the biggest in lordi history, and I loved that they've played Horrifiction, MSB which r my faves from To Beast and Deadache albums. I think this tour setlist would be more amazing if they'd add one more song from Monstereo cuz I think 3 songs is too less for the newest album and also one or two more songs from SFO should be on setlist. But at all it looks rly cool :)
ksco

Postby Joni Master » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Isa wrote:Go take a look at : https://www.instagram.com/tinypistolofficial/

On one of the picture you can see some of the t-shirts

I cant understand why they dont sell anything online before tour anymore. If I cant get all shirts which I want after the tour in right sizes I will burn all my collection and show middle finger to this band. Its ok that they dont do gigs here but then when I cant buy Lordi merchandice that over the line for me! :evil:
Joni Master

Postby miss_brutality » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Joni Master wrote:
Isa wrote:Go take a look at : https://www.instagram.com/tinypistolofficial/

On one of the picture you can see some of the t-shirts

I cant understand why they dont sell anything online before tour anymore. If I cant get all shirts which I want after the tour in right sizes I will burn all my collection and show middle finger to this band. Its ok that they dont do gigs here but then when I cant buy Lordi merchandice that over the line for me! :evil:

Breathe, Joni ! Breathe! :lol: It's not such a disaster! You will get the merch you want.
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Cannibal's Candy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:43 pm

What? Really? Bite it Like a Bulldog? They play only one song of their best album and choose the worst :roll: :D (of course all personal opinion)
Not too happy with Sincerely with Love either, I think it's a very silly song...

Kind of surprised with The Children of the Night though, and happy as well since it's my favorite Lordi ballad. BFB is also pretty cool.

Also like most of you guys, I would have loved to see Sick Flick, although it's cool that they play Down with the Devil.

And yeah, as expected, no Demonarchy song, although I think that the title track would either have been an AMAZING opener or an amazing last song before the encore since it has soo much energy. So let's hope they'll do a full Demonarchy show next year.
Cannibal's Candy

Postby Monsta » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:45 am

Except from the lack of Monstereophonic songs, I think it's a killer setlist. Would have loved to see it live if their booking agency wasn't shit and cancelling gigs two days after it being announced. Now that's something to be mad about, not that they didn't play 12 Monstereophonic songs and half of Bend over and Pray the Lord. I think you all will be just fine. :wink:
Monsta

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:06 am

^ While I do think there could be one or two more songs from the new album, I still think the band's done an excellent job at finding a balance between rarer cuts for die-hard fans and known hits for the more casual ones. I mean you can't please everybody, but this still seems to me like the kinda setlist that I would imagine would please the most amount of people. I really don't see what more the band could've done without tailoring the set to the personal tastes of select fans.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby ksco » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:49 am

I could only add Where's The Dragon or Mr. Killjoy to the setlist and it would be almost as perfect as SFO setlist for me then :v And yeah, Sick Flick too :D
ksco

Postby miss_brutality » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 pm

Now that we have the songs in correct order the setlist sounds pretty amazing. It has a good flow and I can simply not wait to hear it live! *still hoping it won't get canceled* :lol:
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Heavyalist » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Anyone has any pictures of tour shirts? Goin on concert tonight and need to know how much money to take with me
Heavyalist

Postby Sooophie » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:36 pm

You can see some on Silver Dust's guitarist Instagram account (tinypistolofficial). Try looking for pictures with the hashtag #lordi on Instagram, some people posted merch. Have a great concert tonight! :)
Sooophie

Postby alalitsches » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Do they have new show elements, tricks or "superpowers" in the new songs?
alalitsches

Postby Heavyalist » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Wow the concerts last night was great. Never realized that Hella's costume is so sexy :lol: .

The goosebumps I felt before the show we're the same as before every Lordi show I went to yet. I felt that excitement for seeing my favorite band on stage. And also For the first time I caught Amen's pick and at the end surprisingly I even caught Mana's drum stick. It was my lucky day. The setlist was great, although it felt like it was an all albums tour, but it is a great setlist for diehard fans.

I think these were some new tricks on the show yes, but I'm not so sure either because can't remember a lot of the anymore from the last show.
Heavyalist

Previous

Return to Gigs