Monsterboard

THE USA TOUR THREAD

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

THE USA TOUR THREAD

Postby SMF » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:47 am

Just to keep things a bit neat, I think the U.S fans should post here to discuss which shows they will be going to,reviews, etc.

The current tourdates for the USA are:

Apr. 20 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 21 - Hollywood, CA @ Avalon
Apr. 22 - San Francisco, CA @ Slims
Apr. 24 - Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
Apr. 27 - Chicago, IL @ Metro
Apr. 28 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
May 02 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
May 03 - Baltimore, MD @ Recher Theatre
May 05 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Bamboozle
May 06 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Bamboozle

Myself and Andreeuh will be going to the Chicago show!!!
I cannot stress enough how much I am anticipating this! 5 years of waiting and here it is!

Also, let's all be sure to get the Arockalypse at your local record shop on March 20. Even if ya got the import, cause there is more stuff on the USA disc.

And.. www.pyromite.tk for the latest updates!!!
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:05 am

This is so fucking awesome. I cannot believe they are finally coming to America!! (That makes a happy Paige. :) ) I may also be going to the Chicago show.. maybe. Hopefully I'll get lucky. I would hate to miss Lordi!!

My mother doesn't like Chicago though.. :? But she wants to make me happy, and seeing Lordi will definatly make me happy.

*wants pizza now* :lol:
:.I love Kita.:
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
HalfmetalAlchemist

Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby Fallen One » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:44 am

Ghehe, the pizza thing is the same reason SMF is going there xD

I never knew Chicago was that well known for its pizza oO

Good topic btw SMF.

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Cranehill » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Hey does anyone know if the US release of The Arockalypse has any differences compared to the Special Edition that was released in Europe?
Ice cream? But what flavour is it? Boot to the head!
Cranehill

Postby King » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:51 pm

No, but check amazon to look Arockalypse japan version. :) It contains nothing extra from the playlist, but covers...
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Dezalene » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:22 pm

Definately going up to Chicago tour! Hope to see some of you there!
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Onua » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:56 pm

Nowhere near me and I don't have enough money to travel. :(

*sigh*
Maybe next time. :cry:
Onua

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:28 am

Onua wrote:Nowhere near me and I don't have enough money to travel. :(

*sigh*

Aww don't be sad, they will come closer to your area soon! ;)

I wish they could come closer to mine, Chicago is fine, but kinda far. I wish they'd come to Nashville or something... Someday, hopefully.

*still wants pizza*
:.I love Kita.:
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
HalfmetalAlchemist

Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby Clearance » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:02 am

Aww, Nashville is so great...I´ve been there once. :D I´m happy for all of you that Lordi will come to the USA. Take tons of pics! :wink:
Honey, honey, lemme hug you like a spider

Clearance

Postby Onua » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:41 am

HalfmetalAlchemist wrote:
Onua wrote:Nowhere near me and I don't have enough money to travel. :(

*sigh*

Aww don't be sad, they will come closer to your area soon! ;)

I wish they could come closer to mine, Chicago is fine, but kinda far. I wish they'd come to Nashville or something... Someday, hopefully.

*still wants pizza*

I'm not sad, just disappointed that I can't get to any of those shows.

But hey, I get to see Heaven and Hell with Megadeth next month, so it could be much worse. :wink:
Onua

Spreading the Word

Postby Velvethroat » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:48 am

I live in Denver and there is basically no advertising for the Lordi show anywhere: nothing on the internet, in the papers, on the streets, or even on the radio. I have been telling everyone I can about the show, even complete strangers! I want there to be a great turnout for all of the concerts in the US, so that they will keep touring here!

Let's all spread the word in any way we can. At the very least, call your local radio stations and request that they play some of your favorite Lordi songs.

I have been giving out their various website addresses to people that I meet, and I have been wearing my Lordi t-shirt or sweatshirt as much as possible. It is amazing how many people have come up to me and asked, "Who the hell is Lordi?" Of course, they are Monstermaniacs by the time I finish my answer to that question! : )
Velvethroat

Re: Spreading the Word

Postby Onua » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:03 am

Velvethroat wrote:Let's all spread the word in any way we can. At the very least, call your local radio stations and request that they play some of your favorite Lordi songs.

Already started. Let's hope I have an effect on my fellow rockers in New Mexico and the other boards I go to.

To bad I don't have a Lordi shirt, if I did I would wear it as often as possible.
Onua

Postby Clearance » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:55 pm

Onua wrote:

To bad I don't have a Lordi shirt, if I did I would wear it as often as possible.

Make one yourself... :wink:
Honey, honey, lemme hug you like a spider

Clearance

Postby Onua » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:23 pm

Clearance wrote:
Onua wrote:

Make one yourself... :wink:

I've never been to good at that kind of stuff, so we'll see what I can do. :)
Onua

Postby Andreeuh » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:56 am

Just purchased two tickets for the chicago show.. $57!! I hate those extra fees :roll:
you took too much man, you took too much, too much
Andreeuh

Postby Reapah » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:10 am

Andreeuh wrote:Just purchased two tickets for the chicago show.. $57!! I hate those extra fees :roll:

I got my Aneheim tickets. And I share your hatred of those extra fees. x.x
Reapah

Postby Dezalene » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:36 pm

I cancelled goint to Bamboozle, going to the Chicago one instead, and also going to Ozzfest in Tinley Park(Once we can secure the tickets.).
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby LetMeKissYouLikeAViper » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:41 am

Apr. 27 - Chicago, IL @ Metro

You bet Im going to be there!!! I cant wait me and my friend are going there, we are also going to Ozzfest on august in tinley park, Its going to be awsome!! I wish we could meet Lordi in person but I dont think its possible =(
LetMeKissYouLikeAViper

Postby Lisa » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:29 am

Sweet.... I am so fucking psyched about this... I bought my tickets for Philly and Baltimore, I haven't bought my Cali tickets yet... my sister is going to KILL ME tho cause her wedding is in 3 months and I haven't ordered my bridesmaid gown yet, I blew money on plane tickets to see Lordi in the aforementioned cities... and hotels... and car rental... you name it... so I'm trying to put in overtime at work and canceling another roadtrip I had planned for NC just to afford the dress for her wedding... I feel like such a douchebag!!!! EEEEEKKKKK!!!!

But yeah... last thing I have to do is buy the Anaheim and Hollywood tickets... car rental, hotels, flights, everything is taken care of so far... !!!!
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:41 pm

Sooooo is anyone else going to the Philly or Baltimore shows...???
Lisa

Postby Andreeuh » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:25 pm

It sucks that they don't rent cars to people under 21.. I have no idea how we're going to get around Chicago for 4 days.
Andreeuh

Postby Lisa » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:22 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Chicago has a pretty good subway system.. not as good as washington DC's Metro but it works... the venue is downtown, but just an FYI, hotels around downtown are pretty pricy and it's almost a good thing you don't have a rental car because every hotel charges an arm, a leg AND your firstborn for parking your car... last time I saw a show in Chicago I drove there, it was at the House of Blues... damn hotel charged me $34 to park the car for one night!!!! Yes you read that right... on top of my $100 a night room it was $34 to park the fucking car!!!! Then I get to the House of Blues and it's $20 to park there!!! I paid $54 to park my car for one day worth of parking... it was horrible...

So yeah you might have to take a cab once in awhile if you are traveling after the subway closes but you are saving alot of money in rental fees and parking... plus even if you were 21, because you are under 25 alot of places charge an extra $20 a day... I rented cars alot when I was 21-24 yrs old, got fucked every time... bah!!!

I never thought I'd be happy to be over 25, but rental cars is the only nice part... all that shit about your auto insurance going down when you hit 25 is bullshit, mine stayed the same... bah!!!

But anywhos, research some maps and routes and get the running times for their subway... and thank God you aren't responsible for all the costs of car rental and parking in Chicago!!!
Lisa

Postby Andreeuh » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:59 pm

Damn, I guess they like to take advantage. We were thinking about driving (20 hours..pft..) but knowing about parking rules out that option! Do you know of any hotels near the Metro? I think the airport is already 30 minutes away from downtown Chicago.. This is gonna be more expensive than we thought! I'll definitely look into the subway system :D
Andreeuh

Postby Lisa » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:03 am

As for hotels near the subway, it's so sporadic... best to just narrow it down to the decent priced ones then call them up directly and ask how close they are to the subway... I don't remember where mine was in relation to the subway... instead of taking a taxi from the airport into downtown, take the subway...

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/rail/rail.html

Looks like the airport is just at the end of the Orange line rail (if you are flying into Midway airport... if O'Hara, it's at the end of the blue line) so you guys are in luck...!!! Also thank GOD it's color coded, just like D.C., much easier... the new york city subway system is not coded and sucks balls... awww you guys are going to have a blast!!!!

Since you'll be in Chicago for a few days, yeah it might be better without paying for parking fees for all those nights... if it was just one night, maybe.... but 4 nights? Nah! Just watch out for weirdos in the subway stations...
Lisa

Postby Andreeuh » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:05 am

Thanks a lot! We'll still probably get lost, hah. We're thinkin about staying at a hotel in downtown chicago.. the loop? It seems like it's centrally located so we'll have other shit to do the rest of the time we're there!

Anyone know if cameras are allowed??
Andreeuh

Next

Return to Gigs