Monsterboard

THE USA TOUR THREAD

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Lisa » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:05 am

No clue if cameras are allowed... with our luck probably not... there's alot to see around Chicago, I never partook in much of that cause I was too busy with shows but as long as you at least get some pizza then it'll be a great trip...!!! :D I can't remember the name of the place I stayed at, it was modeled after some European place tho, the rooms were set up all funny... I got it off of priceline for $100 a night... I highly suggest using them for hotels, I always get the best rate when I go through them...
Lisa

Postby Dezalene » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:25 am

I've been told no cameras. :evil: My source is my mum and her friends, though, so I'll go look it up later and confirm it by Metra-source.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Metaldud » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:25 pm

Gee there's a surprise, they're avoiding Kansas, just like everone else :evil: It's not fair, we haven't had a real concert here in Wichita in 5 years. It's like we don't exist.
METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!
Metaldud

Postby Lisa » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:46 pm

Metaldud wrote:Gee there's a surprise, they're avoiding Kansas, just like everone else :evil: It's not fair, we haven't had a real concert here in Wichita in 5 years. It's like we don't exist.

Hahahahaha... well it IS Kansas... can you blame them?? Hey, they even skipped Tampa, FL... TAMPA, the death metal capitol of the USA! Well at least in the 90s... what a shame...

Know what tho... Kansas isn't too far from Cali... buy a plane ticket and go for it! You only live once! :D Don't think, just do it...
Lisa

Postby Reapah » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 am

Lisa wrote:No clue if cameras are allowed... with our luck probably not... there's alot to see around Chicago, I never partook in much of that cause I was too busy with shows but as long as you at least get some pizza then it'll be a great trip...!!! :D I can't remember the name of the place I stayed at, it was modeled after some European place tho, the rooms were set up all funny... I got it off of priceline for $100 a night... I highly suggest using them for hotels, I always get the best rate when I go through them...

There are no cameras allowed at the Aneheim show (or was it the other one...), but that's all I know. It may be different for every show.
Reapah

Postby Andreeuh » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:43 pm

Alright.. just spent $650 on the flight and hotel for Chicago! Plus the $57 for the tickets! Ouch

Lisa, you must be in a lot more debt than I am.. going to 4 shows?? :twisted:
you took too much man, you took too much, too much
Andreeuh

Postby Lisa » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:53 am

Yep! Let's see, this trip's total costs:

Flight to Cali: $259
Rental car: $59
Tix to shows: $ 35
Gas for driving around alot: $75

Flight to Philly/home from DC: $ 170
Rental car: $75 (my share of it)
Hotels: $175 (my share)
Tix to shows: $50

Total: $898 ... and I'll need almost $100 for food and parking fees and shit... so I'm looking at a thousand dollars... wow...

My flights are already paid for tho, so are my tix to Philly and Baltimore... I just need to cough up car rental, hotel and the Tix to Cali shows and gas while I'm out there... I've been slowly buying all that stuff, each payday I'll either buy another flight or book something or hold the money aside...

One of these days I want to do a "cost analysis" of all my GWAR shows... 54 GWAR shows, I've driven for most of those shows, flown to a few, but hotels and gas for all those shows??? I've spent probably $10K or so over the years I'm sure...!!!!

The shit we do for the bands we love... isn't it great???? I hope you have a blast in Chicago...

I hope your flight wasn't more than $400 or so... ouch!!!
Lisa

Postby drumblast » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:58 am

My family is going to see Lordi in Baltimore. We are so excited to finally get to see them live. I am a little concerned about bringing my seven year old son to a Lordi show. I am worried about the general admission. His father is a drummer for a death metal band and I usually have my son stand at the side of the stage away from the crowd. But this is different, he wants to be up front. (with ear protection of course) Has anyone seen any children at a Lordi show? Do you think it is safe? He is such a big fan and knows all the songs but I would hate for him to get hurt, he is such a little guy.
drumblast

Postby pelle12 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:37 am

drumblast wrote:My family is going to see Lordi in Baltimore. We are so excited to finally get to see them live. I am a little concerned about bringing my seven year old son to a Lordi show. I am worried about the general admission. His father is a drummer for a death metal band and I usually have my son stand at the side of the stage away from the crowd. But this is different, he wants to be up front. (with ear protection of course) Has anyone seen any children at a Lordi show? Do you think it is safe? He is such a big fan and knows all the songs but I would hate for him to get hurt, he is such a little guy.

At least in Finland and Sweden there have been lots of children in some of Lordi's gigs and as far as I know- no problem whatsoever. :P
pelle12

Postby repsu » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:58 pm

there has been changes ? http://www.lordi.fi/main.site?action=ne ... =36&ngid=2

tour/lordi.fi
09.04.2007 Tokyo, Japan – Shibuya O-East
11.04.2007 Tokyo, Japan – Shibuya O-East
12.04.2007 Osaka, Japan – IMP Hall
13.04.2007 Nagoya, Japan – Shimun-kaikin Chu-Hall

05.05.2007 East Rutherford, New Jersey – The Bamboozle -festival
06.05.2007 East Rutherford, New Jersey – The Bamboozle -festival

11.05.2007 Helsinki – Jäähalli
doctor Amen's prescription to Repsu:
One dose of Amen-pills (7 mg) every morning.
repsu

Postby McQuade » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:57 pm

"US and Canada tour rescheduled!
US and Canada club dates are being rescheduled to be taken place around The Ozzfest dates.
New dates will be announced soon!"

Wow, they are going to be busy around Ozzfest. :shock:
McQuade

Postby Dezalene » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:10 pm

McQuade wrote:"US and Canada tour rescheduled!
US and Canada club dates are being rescheduled to be taken place around The Ozzfest dates.
New dates will be announced soon!"

Wow, they are going to be busy around Ozzfest. :shock:

Dammit, I wonder what they mean by that? If it's too far into August, there's a chance now that I won't be able to see them! :cry:
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Andreeuh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:55 pm

hmm.. this could be a problem!
Andreeuh

Postby MonsterMummy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:41 am

drumblast wrote:My family is going to see Lordi in Baltimore. We are so excited to finally get to see them live. I am a little concerned about bringing my seven year old son to a Lordi show. I am worried about the general admission. His father is a drummer for a death metal band and I usually have my son stand at the side of the stage away from the crowd. But this is different, he wants to be up front. (with ear protection of course) Has anyone seen any children at a Lordi show? Do you think it is safe? He is such a big fan and knows all the songs but I would hate for him to get hurt, he is such a little guy.

We're considering taking our daughter who will be 6 in mid-June. She has a serious crush on Kita. Imagine that! LOL! She's drawn pictures of her and Kita camping out with tents, a fire, the whole bit. She loves to sing their songs too. One of the venues in PA has a family seating area where alcohol and smoking are not allowed, but I don't know how far from the stage that would be.
MonsterMummy

Postby Lisa » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:12 am

A problem is goddamn right!!!! THIS FUCKING SUCKS ASS!!!!!! I don't know wtf here... I'm so damn mad I'm shaking... ok, not mad at the band or whoever does their booking... I doubt they realized they had fans in the U.S. who had already booked airlines tickets, hotels, rental cars and bought tix to their shows... maybe they didn't realize that... so it's no ones fault...

It just really, really, really, really fucking sucks!!!! Those flights are non-fucking-refundable... sweet. That's just really awesome. Makes my day. Now I gotta go through the hassle of mailing back the tickets, canceling all the reservations and trying to fight with United air to see if they'll at least refund me half my flight to CA in the form of a voucher since I'm going to Cali in July anyways... the Philly and D.C. flights tho are bought and no sense in refunding those... fuck it, I called my buddy and we're going on vacation anyways but we are sooooo pissed...

That sucks and what sucks more is I can't even be mad at anyone since it's no ones fault... well not really... I mean I COULD be pissed at whoever books their shows and say "Dude, do you realize how many people not only were looking FORWARD to this but how many people have already spent money that they cannot get back?!?!!?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SOOOOOOOOO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bah. I'll sign off before my post is reemed to be riddled with too much profanity and gets yanked... sorry admin folks, I'm just sooo pissed off right now... cannot even type straight...
Lisa

Postby Andreeuh » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:36 am

Are you certain your show has been cancelled? Most of the dates were set before Ozzfest. I don't see why they are rescheduling.. it makes no sense. If ours does happen to be cancelled we got this thing called trip protector to refund all our money.. hopefully you'll be able to get yours back Lisa! But who even knows if they cancelled or not!
Andreeuh

Postby Lisa » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:39 am

Andreeuh wrote:Are you certain your show has been cancelled? Most of the dates were set before Ozzfest. I don't see why they are rescheduling.. it makes no sense. If ours does happen to be cancelled we got this thing called trip protector to refund all our money.. hopefully you'll be able to get yours back Lisa! But who even knows if they cancelled or not!

They are all canceled... their website says the US and Canadian dates are all canceled and all the venues are showing the shows as canceled... I can't get my money back, I called the airlines... oh well... fuck it... nothing I can do...
Lisa

Postby Bowie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:36 am

Lisa wrote:
Andreeuh wrote:Are you certain your show has been cancelled? Most of the dates were set before Ozzfest. I don't see why they are rescheduling.. it makes no sense. If ours does happen to be cancelled we got this thing called trip protector to refund all our money.. hopefully you'll be able to get yours back Lisa! But who even knows if they cancelled or not!

They are all canceled... their website says the US and Canadian dates are all canceled and all the venues are showing the shows as canceled... I can't get my money back, I called the airlines... oh well... fuck it... nothing I can do...

You have every right to be mad, furious etc. I mean the whole thing sux but I'm sure the band feels very bad too.
Bowie

Postby SMF » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:41 pm

It says US and Canada tour rescheduled. Nothin about cancled, though some may be. As of now the only confirmed date I can find is Avalon in Hollywood Cali
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Andreeuh » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:04 pm

This sucks. I went to the Chicago Metro site and it still shows up.. They need to put up the new dates so people don't have to keep wondering! What's the use in putting "the shows are rescheduled" without any other info??.. grr. :roll:
Andreeuh

Postby Lucinda » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:18 pm

Hmmm... Well, I got an email from Ticketmaster today, and they said that the show has been reschedueled, as SMF said. It was originally planned for May in Philly, but has been moved to early August. Nothing canceled yet...

*shudders* It's going to be hell to think of an excuse that will make my parents let me out of the house, but, dammit, this is too good to miss! Hmm, but how am I going to contain my excitement...
Am I a demon with a heart, or an angel with no soul?
Lucinda

Postby Lisa » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:56 am

SMF wrote:It says US and Canada tour rescheduled. Nothin about cancled, though some may be. As of now the only confirmed date I can find is Avalon in Hollywood Cali

"Rescheduled" may as well be "Canceled" when you've got alot of money invested in it and you cannot go to the "rescheduled" shows... I can't go to any of those headlining gigs unless they come closer... GWAR is touring this summer and I counted on seeing alot of those shows in the summer cause I knew I'd see Lordi in the spring... damn... :(
Lisa

Postby _eesti999_ » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:41 am

Is Lordi going to Canada :?:
_eesti999_

Postby Andreeuh » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:46 pm

They were supposed to play Montreal.. but who knows now.
Andreeuh

Postby SMF » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:37 pm

NEW DATES NOW POSTED AT WWW.PYROMITE.TK
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs