Monsterboard

THE USA TOUR THREAD

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby supercreeps » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:24 pm

Lisa wrote:
SMF wrote:It says US and Canada tour rescheduled. Nothin about cancled, though some may be. As of now the only confirmed date I can find is Avalon in Hollywood Cali

"Rescheduled" may as well be "Canceled" when you've got alot of money invested in it and you cannot go to the "rescheduled" shows... I can't go to any of those headlining gigs unless they come closer... GWAR is touring this summer and I counted on seeing alot of those shows in the summer cause I knew I'd see Lordi in the spring... damn... :(

You are still full of rage and anger and I can't blame you, but please try to get over it!!! The loss of money must have been terrible but remember: there's always tomorrow and who knows maybe something good may come out of this!
supercreeps

Postby SMF » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:51 am

Nothing good will come outta losin that much money!!! I feel for Lisa, cause we may be fucked over too!!! Our plane and hotel tix are NON REFUNABLE. Four days in Chicago aint cheap!!!!!!!
I hope they make a fuckin official announcement already... There is no reason to keep people waiting like this, especially those who spent so much to see them and dont know if they even will or not now.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Reapah » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:13 am

I didn't know about the change until I checked here (I am so thankful I did by the way). I understand why they rescheduled though. It costs money to go from coast to coast, and then have to go back and do the same thing over again. It makes sense that they moved their dates around to fit Ozzfest and stuff.
Reapah

Postby SMF » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:15 am

Just got off the phone with their managment... Son of a bitch... It seems our show is postponed too. She said that it was because the promoters wanna do all the planning around Ozzfest. Fuckin bullshit. 5 years of waiting for this, and I just end up loosing a shit load of money!!! What the fuck am I gonna do in Chicago now!!! I guess it aint too bad... I wanted to try chicago pizza for a while now. 1000 bux spent on pizza. NICE!
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby S92 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:21 am

SMF wrote:Just got off the phone with their managment... Son of a bitch... It seems our show is postponed too. She said that it was because the promoters wanna do all the planning around Ozzfest. Fuckin bullshit. 5 years of waiting for this, and I just end up loosing a shit load of money!!! What the fuck am I gonna do in Chicago now!!! I guess it aint too bad... I wanted to try chicago pizza for a while now. 1000 bux spent on pizza. NICE!

Lol, dude that really sucks. But don't waste the holiday, I'm sure you'll have a good time there :). And then Lordi will be back later in the year. Us UK fans don't get Lordi this year and in the US they're playing like 35 dates or whatever. Consider yourself lucky.

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby Dezalene » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:42 am

Oh, hell, there went my birthday present. (Oh well. Now, I've got an excuse to not show up on campus one day in August.)

But this more then sucks for others, as hotels and flight tickets are expensive an non-refundable in almost every case. (Although, we were able to get a refund from our hotel in New Jersey, so check and make sure it's non-refundable first! We had to put up a hell of a fight, but we got the money back!)

From another point of view, it's also bad for the fanbase, because now those who were expecting to go see them and get real excited to go end up with this. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few newer fans were lost because of the money they're out of, along with the hopes of seeing them.

So, although we may be lucky for all the tourdates we're getting, that still does not put money back in our pockets, and that does not take away from the anger that many are going through in the present.

At SMF: Even though this is not going to help, think of it this way: Go anyway, as now there is more time for devouring pizza! :wink:
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Reapah » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:58 am

Dezalene wrote:Oh, hell, there went my birthday present. (Oh well. Now, I've got an excuse to not show up on campus one day in August.)

Your birthday's in April? So's mine (it's in a day or two- depending on the time zone). Happy birthday! :D

Dezalene wrote:But this more then sucks for others, as hotels and flight tickets are expensive an non-refundable in almost every case. (Although, we were able to get a refund from our hotel in New Jersey, so check and make sure it's non-refundable first! We had to put up a hell of a fight, but we got the money back!)

I can understand that, as for me- I'm just gonna go to Aneheim anyways and head over to Disneyland. *shrugs* Might as well take the trip since we already have hotel reservations.

Dezalene wrote:From another point of view, it's also bad for the fanbase, because now those who were expecting to go see them and get real excited to go end up with this. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few newer fans were lost because of the money they're out of, along with the hopes of seeing them.

True. I'm sure some of them will stay- but there are going to be a lot of lost fans who don't want to deal with that. It's very upsetting to lose that kind of money with no real benefits out of it. Plus, many won't want to pay even more money to see them at a later date or different venue.

Dezalene wrote:So, although we may be lucky for all the tourdates we're getting, that still does not put money back in our pockets, and that does not take away from the anger that many are going through in the present.

At SMF: Even though this is not going to help, think of it this way: Go anyway, as now there is more time for devouring pizza! :wink:

Now I'm hungry.... :)
Reapah

Postby Andreeuh » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Waste of money. :(
you took too much man, you took too much, too much
Andreeuh

Postby SMF » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Called the Metro in Chicago... According to them the show is still planned to happen.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Lisa » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:56 am

supercreeps wrote:
Lisa wrote:
SMF wrote:It says US and Canada tour rescheduled. Nothin about cancled, though some may be. As of now the only confirmed date I can find is Avalon in Hollywood Cali

"Rescheduled" may as well be "Canceled" when you've got alot of money invested in it and you cannot go to the "rescheduled" shows... I can't go to any of those headlining gigs unless they come closer... GWAR is touring this summer and I counted on seeing alot of those shows in the summer cause I knew I'd see Lordi in the spring... damn... :(

You are still full of rage and anger and I can't blame you, but please try to get over it!!! The loss of money must have been terrible but remember: there's always tomorrow and who knows maybe something good may come out of this!

supercreeps:

Yeah I oughta chill out a little bit... there IS some good coming out of this; I still get a vacation in Philly and D.C. cause we can't get our money back for the flights... more time for museums and philly cheesesteaks... I believe everything happens for a reason so maybe had I gone to the shows, there would have been a horrible accident and I'd have been caught up in it... so who knows...

I feel much better now, cause I know that what's meant to be, will be... and I guess it sure as hell ain't seeing a Lordi show!!

But...

They ARE still confirmed for Bamboozle so my buddy and I MIGHT go...

SMF:

Chicago is postponed too... they said the whole US/Canadian tour is postponed so maybe the venue hasn't received word yet or updated their site but all the shows are postponed...

But look on the bright side, SMF... you get a $1,000 slice of Chicago pizza and I get a $1,000 philly cheesesteak sandwich... I'll send you a postcard from Philly... fuck I may as well, I'll be there for a few days... oh and D.C. too! We'll get you stuff from the Smithsonian...

Look up stuff to do in Chicago... not sure if you guys are history buffs or not... you could also go to Detroit and hit up come clubs maybe? Look up what shows are playing at other nearby venues?
Lisa

Postby Andreeuh » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:06 am

Is Six Flags in Chicago? I thought maybe we could go there for a day, then site see the rest of the time. It's still a waste of money though.. that money could've went towards the AC compressor that my cars needs.. and it's almost summer!

Anyway, its bullshit how they don't have the new dates up. I want to know for sure that it's cancelled or "postponed!"
Andreeuh

Postby Dezalene » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:33 am

Andreeuh wrote:Is Six Flags in Chicago? I thought maybe we could go there for a day, then site see the rest of the time. It's still a waste of money though.. that money could've went towards the AC compressor that my cars needs.. and it's almost summer!

Anyway, its bullshit how they don't have the new dates up. I want to know for sure that it's cancelled or "postponed!"

Yes, some of us want to know as soon as possible because as thes summer gets closer, it gets a lot harder to start bookings in advance. (Well, at least for most people.)

I'm pretty sure that Six Flags is close enough to Chicago, but I have no idea when they open.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Lisa » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:34 am

Andreeuh wrote:Is Six Flags in Chicago? I thought maybe we could go there for a day, then site see the rest of the time. It's still a waste of money though.. that money could've went towards the AC compressor that my cars needs.. and it's almost summer!

If you guys like roller coasters, Cedar Point is about 4 hours away from Chicago... its in Sandusky, OH... its the "roller coaster capital of the world", they have sooooo many there! I mean, if you guys are going to be there for a few days anyway may as well take a day to go out there... stay out of Gary, Indiana tho... I think it's still the "murder capital of the USA"... not a nice area... its just east of Chicago on I-90 I think...

But yes there IS a Six Flags just outside of Chicago...

Hey check out this link: Stuff to Do in Chicago http://members.aol.com/mistamoose/stuff2do.html

Hope that helps! :)
Lisa

Postby Andreeuh » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Thanks Lisa! :D
Andreeuh

Postby Dezalene » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 pm

Is anyone else having problems with Chicago-management neither confirming nor denying the gig?
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Lisa » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am

Dez: I think it's safe to say the show is canceled... looks like they are only doing Bamboozle and even that doesn't sound very solid to me...
Lisa

Postby BulletViper » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:10 am

this is kinda off topic, but does anyone know what songs Lordi will be playing at Ozzfest this year?
mary ^_^
BulletViper

Postby Lucinda » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:30 am

*giggles* I just brought some black wings... definately going to wear them to the concert! :twisted: Now, if only I can hide them from my mum for a few months... :?:
Am I a demon with a heart, or an angel with no soul?
Lucinda

Postby SMF » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:38 am

Dezalene wrote:Is anyone else having problems with Chicago-management neither confirming nor denying the gig?

Called em, they said they have no info as to whether it is cancelled or not. They got no word from the band.

Either way, I'm not going anymore. Cancelled the plane, cancelled the hotel, lost lots of money.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Dezalene » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:02 am

Okay, thanks very much. I'll just assume that the gig is off. (Although, I think that an official statement, or at least a notice of the cancellation would have been nicer than to make it seem like it was still up in the air.)
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby pelle12 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:43 pm

All this fuss about booking and cancelling the gigs seems very amateurish to me. What kind of management does Lordi actually have? It seems no-one is responsible for the whole thing.
pelle12

Postby SMF » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Well, their USA Management is Bill Aucoin, the same guy who made KISS who they are, maybe he just lost his touch. BUT, according to him, he said it was the promoters changing things around for Ozzfest. There are also talks of poor ticket sales.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby pelle12 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:09 pm

SMF wrote:Well, their USA Management is Bill Aucoin, the same guy who made KISS who they are, maybe he just lost his touch. BUT, according to him, he said it was the promoters changing things around for Ozzfest. There are also talks of poor ticket sales.

Well, One can't blame the mangement. I guess it must be the poor ticket sales then.
pelle12

Postby SMF » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:02 am

Either way, ya guys gotta realize that it isn't really Lordis fault. So no need to be pissed at the band.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Andreeuh » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:12 am

Just got this email from Ticketmaster..

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. LORDI scheduled at METRO on FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2007, AT 7:00PM, has been postponed. The new date is SATURDAY, AUGUST 11, 2007, AT 7:00PM. Original tickets will be honored for the new date.

Maybe we'll head up there in August.. we have the airline tickets already (got vouchers..)
Andreeuh

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs