Monsterboard

THE USA TOUR THREAD

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby filc » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:37 pm

It's the same. :wink:
"A virgin sacrificed in the blood ritual ? Damn she should've had sex !"
User avatar
filc
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:09 pm
Location: France, Bretagne, Morbihan

Postby judge death » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:10 pm

filc wrote:It's the same. :wink:

What?!?! :o
I got the Deadache postcard(The same as the first promo pic they took with the new costumes) and there Awa has her normal dress. :)
Damn, seems like I missed that card. :oops: :( :cry: (I want that card)
Filc and King: Where did you find the pics of those cards or got to know about it? :)
And Filc: Was those cards on that table there they sold all those Lordi stuff at the gig?
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby King » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:15 pm

JD: S92 had that card on the "new look" topic. ;)
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby judge death » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:20 pm

King wrote:JD: S92 had that card on the "new look" topic. ;)

Yeah, I know. :wink: And many people here has it as a signature after it. :)
But from reading what you two wrote about Tavastia: It sounded like you said that the postcard was also there at Tavastia so I could had got it there.
(The same postcard as S92 has)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby Dezalene » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:44 am

Forum, please, allow me to say... daaaaamn... It's like my boyfriend said, had we known that thiswas going on, he would have had us taken the train. No, I do not have a concert report tonight. It took us an hour to find somewhere to park for the venue, and afterwards, when he told me we were going home, it took us a half hour just to find somewhere to stop and ask for directions out of Chicago. (Which gave me plenty of enough time to bawl my eyes out.)

I just hope Lordi comes back next year. If not, well, I don't know what I'll do just yet.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:42 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere, IL, USA~ Age/Sex: 21/F~

Postby Onieo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:03 am

I'm using my first post here to say in twelve hours I'll be at the show in Cleveland. I cannot wait! \m/
Onieo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:53 am

Postby filc » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:44 pm

judge death wrote:
filc wrote:It's the same. :wink:

What?!?! :o
I got the Deadache postcard(The same as the first promo pic they took with the new costumes) and there Awa has her normal dress. :)
Damn, seems like I missed that card. :oops: :( :cry: (I want that card)
Filc and King: Where did you find the pics of those cards or got to know about it? :)
And Filc: Was those cards on that table there they sold all those Lordi stuff at the gig?

A man at Tavastia give it for free (he was a staff member) at the meet&greet.
But sorry, i don't have it anymore, i give it to my girlfriend.
"A virgin sacrificed in the blood ritual ? Damn she should've had sex !"
User avatar
filc
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:09 pm
Location: France, Bretagne, Morbihan

Postby Klein » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Dezalene wrote:No, I do not have a concert report tonight. It took us an hour to find somewhere to park for the venue, and afterwards, when he told me we were going home, it took us a half hour just to find somewhere to stop and ask for directions out of Chicago.

Please tell me that you didn't miss the show...

I was there with my brother-in-law from Australia (he's in town for the holidays) and the show was great. The band sounded fantastic...say what you want about the HOB, but the sound makes it one of the better venues to see a band in Chicago.

Smaller crowd, but everyone there was really cool and way into the band (seemed like Lizzy Bordin had just as many fans as Lordi...hopefully we made some converts). I was a little disappointed that the stage show was totally toned-down (I'm guessing the HOB didn't allow any sort of pyro), but the music and performances made-up for the lack of explosions and fire.

I'll post some pics once I figure out how to get them out of my phone...

K-
Klein
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:22 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:08 am

Seeing Lordi tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby ILoveMonsters » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:13 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Seeing Lordi tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!


Can't come soon enough! :)
Yes, I would love a monsterman!
OX Fan
User avatar
ILoveMonsters
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 am
Location: USA (New Jersey)

Postby PenguinDude » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:29 am

I'll be there with 4 friends.

Including my girlfriend. She's in for a shock/treat ;)
PenguinDude
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:49 am

Postby judge death » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:22 am

filc wrote:
judge death wrote:
filc wrote:It's the same. :wink:

What?!?! :o
I got the Deadache postcard(The same as the first promo pic they took with the new costumes) and there Awa has her normal dress. :)
Damn, seems like I missed that card. :oops: :( :cry: (I want that card)
Filc and King: Where did you find the pics of those cards or got to know about it? :)
And Filc: Was those cards on that table there they sold all those Lordi stuff at the gig?

A man at Tavastia give it for free (he was a staff member) at the meet&greet.
But sorry, i don't have it anymore, i give it to my girlfriend.

Ok, then I know. :)

Nightmare Wings Hell: Will wait to hear from you when you come back. :wink:
Enjoy the show.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby jest_the_tainted » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:51 pm

ah i could kill something knowing i could be on my way/already in NYC right now..
monsters have fun in the city!
and have some extra fun for me :D!!!
:twisted:
True Gods Wear Masks
jos näet sen mielesi sinun pidä sitä kädessäsi
"raise hell in heaven"-L
jest_the_tainted
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: Theria

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 pm

judge death wrote:
filc wrote:
judge death wrote:
filc wrote:It's the same. :wink:

What?!?! :o
I got the Deadache postcard(The same as the first promo pic they took with the new costumes) and there Awa has her normal dress. :)
Damn, seems like I missed that card. :oops: :( :cry: (I want that card)
Filc and King: Where did you find the pics of those cards or got to know about it? :)
And Filc: Was those cards on that table there they sold all those Lordi stuff at the gig?

A man at Tavastia give it for free (he was a staff member) at the meet&greet.
But sorry, i don't have it anymore, i give it to my girlfriend.

Ok, then I know. :)

Nightmare Wings Hell: Will wait to hear from you when you come back. :wink:
Enjoy the show.


Thank you! I'm sure it'll be an awesome show!!

Penguin Dude: I'm the kid who looks like his hair never saw a brush :P

1 more hour.....and I'm off to NYC!!!
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby PenguinDude » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Image

I'll look something like the guy on the left, but hopefully not wet from the rain!

Also, i might be late, my friend isnt out of class till 6:00, and apparently there are delays on the Long Island Rail Road due to a derailing over the weekend.
Hopefully I wont miss any of lordi though!
PenguinDude
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:49 am

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:19 pm

PenguinDude wrote:Image

I'll look something like the guy on the left, but hopefully not wet from the rain!

Also, i might be late, my friend isnt out of class till 6:00, and apparently there are delays on the Long Island Rail Road due to a derailing over the weekend.
Hopefully I wont miss any of lordi though!


How far are you from NY? I'm about 1 hour away...but knowing life it'll be longer.

Grr...my car broke down, so I have to take my mothers. Funny enough, she also wanted to go! *still can't believe it*
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby Klein » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:48 am

Not sure the best way to post these, so here are a couple shots from the Chicago show at the House of Blues...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30054366@N03/3056393121/in/photostream/

Hopefully this works.

K-
Klein
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:22 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Pepsi! » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:59 am

Cleveland show was fckin' awesome!!! We were right up front against the barricade, just a few feet from the band... *swoons*
They played a couple songs I didn't expect to hear, like Who's Your Daddy, They Only Come Out At Night, Blood Red Sandman.... and Lordi had his wings, altho he used them during Devil Is A Loser instead of Hard Rock Hallelujah... no pyro tho... and I'd like to add that Mr Lordi looks thinner in person... and OX looks freakin' huge! (We were right in front of him). I'm still stoked, it was an amazing show and I can't wait for them to come back!
I don't want to be an angel
I just want to be God

Image
User avatar
Pepsi!
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:48 am
Location: Bored in the USA... Sex/Age: Female/Prolly older 'n you

Postby MonsterMummy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:38 am

Klein wrote:Not sure the best way to post these, so here are a couple shots from the Chicago show at the House of Blues...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30054366@N03/3056393121/in/photostream/

Hopefully this works.

K-


Pretty wicked photos! I love the backdrop they had there. \m/
MonsterMummy
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Earth; Sol 3

Postby judge death » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:35 pm

MonsterMummy wrote:
Klein wrote:Not sure the best way to post these, so here are a couple shots from the Chicago show at the House of Blues...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30054366@N03/3056393121/in/photostream/

Hopefully this works.

K-


Pretty wicked photos! I love the backdrop they had there. \m/

Great pics from the show. :)

Pepsi: Sounds like you had one awesome time there.
So Lordi used his wings there! Cool! :D
But sad that there were no pyros.

And yes: OX is huge! :o
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Oh man...that was one wild concert. :shock:

Well, best get to it. I drove to NYC in the worst possible traffic, but finally managed to make it to the Filmore. I stood outside in line, talking with another Lordi fan, when who do i see walking down the street? None other than Kita and Amen. I rush up to them, ask them how they are, and if they could possibly deliver my little pic I drew to Mr. Lordi. They said sure, no prob, and asked where the nearest record store was. I honestly replied: The only one I know of is the Virgin Megastore :lol:
As they left, the security people let us into the venue. Managed to get a sweet deadache t-shirt at a merch booth, saving my Arockalypse tshirt wear and tear :P

I managed to get first row, and almost immediately, the show started. I don't remember the first opening band, they were kind of a mix between alternative and numetal. Not too good of a band, not so good reception either. Next came Stolen Babies, and while I am not familiar with their music, they played rather well.

Next up was Lizzy Borden...and holy shit were they awesome. These guys
still have it in them after 20 years. The singer, Lizzy Borden really put on a hell of a show. During one song, he pretended to cut his tongue with an axe, and he spilled blood all over himself. He yelled out if we wanted blood. Of course, being the crazy individuals we are, we yelled out YEAH!! He then proceeded to smear the first rows faces with blood. Got my face covered in "blood", thankfully it washed out easily

So after that kickass concert...up come our favorite Monsters of all. I felt the "house shaking down to the core" from the audiences cries of happiness. Lordi started off with GGC, then to more of Deadache album material. A moshpit started during BRS, and Mr. Lordi threw out confetti at the end of the song from his prop bag he had. Needless to say, I caught some, only realizing that my hands were sticky with blood and the damn pieces of paper stuck to my hand. :P
Dont' remember all the songs, but the audience (especially me) were into Lordi a lot! Of course, all the basic props were there: wolf's head for BBTBTR, bat wings, chainsaw etc.

Then Lordi left.....came back to play ISIH...and in the middle of the song....JJ FUCKING French comes out and plays the solo!!!! I caught this on my camera and will be uploading it soon!!!!!!

Of course, they closed off with HRH *Mr. Lordi pointed at me when he sang: the true believers, though shall be saved* and for thunderous applause from the crowd. The audience was really into them :)
I managed to catch Amen's pic, and scurried away outside in hopes of catching the band. Sadly, they told us they wouldn't be out till another hour, cause they were getting out of costumes. I couldn't stay that long (and didn't want to harass he poor tired monsters either) so I just left for home, still happy I managed to see a kickass band live.

Mr. Lordi, if you read this, I hope you liked the pic!!!

Best regards
NWH

PS- Some pics I took!!


Image


Image :lol:
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby judge death » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:13 am

That sounds like one hell of a show! :D
Cool that they used some of their older props there.
And JJ came there and played!!!! :shock:

Sounds damn great to me everything and that you met Amen and Kita! :D

Great pics and I will wait for the video. :wink:
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby PenguinDude » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:24 am

Uh, ditto to what he said. The show rocked.

Except, it wasn't stolen babies, it was Fixer. Who I really liked.



Here's some of my better pics (I took almost 150).

Image
Lizzie Borden singer cutting his face.


Image
My girlfriend got her fair share. (Also, Lordi sang "the devil is hiding behind her smile" right to her during one chorus, very amusing).

Image
I love front row ;)

Image


Image
Mummy hat.

Image


Image


Image


Image
JJ French!

Image
The band seemed really excited by this.

Image
Now I have a pick from OX and Amen!
PenguinDude
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:49 am

Postby judge death » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:33 am

Great pics and thanks for posting them! :D
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby Joni Master » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:35 am

Great pics! I really like that Amen hat! And its great that JJ French was there!
User avatar
Joni Master
 
Posts: 7801
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:58 pm
Location: Pieksämäki, Finland

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron