Monsterboard

10th Lordi Album

Discussion about record, singles, videos, comic book etc.

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

10th Lordi Album

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Tue May 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Alright as Lordi confirmed that they've started the recordings of their 10th record I decided to make my first ever post here about it. So far we know that this record will be a really unique one that no band has ever done, Mr. Lordi mentioned that He has plans with the previously unreleased demos too, we also know that Mr. Ralph Ruiz will return again and play some sort of character on this one too and that maybe Jean Beauvoir will be a guest on it. What are your predictions? What would you like the 10th record to be like?
\m/"Sir I Hate to say this but your daughter needs a Sexorcism!"\m/
"Be fucking proud of who you are, just the way you are and just the way you wanna be."
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Re: 10th Lordi Album

Postby alalitsches » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:34 pm

As Jean Beauvoir said the Topic will be "decades" and Mr.L wanted to use old demos, I have the Feeling, they will record one or two Songs fitting to each album (happy sing along song for get heavy, darker song for TMD, Party song for BFB, progressive song for Monstereophonic… as examples). Maybe there will be some Elements of every artwork on the cover but that could be difficult for the Albums where only the faces are shown.

What do you think About Producers? I think Sexorcism sounded much better than SFO but still a little too polished, the drum had too many high frequencies, snare could have been punchier.
Nino Laurenne produced "Deadache" very well but I don't like about Monstereophonic that the two halfs have a different sound. On Demonarchy the guitars hurt a little bit cause they are too loud.
Wagener's sound was not perfect but I thought it fits to Lordi, still he doesn't record at Finnvox anyway.
I'd say I like to hear somebody new as a producer.
alalitsches

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:14 am

alalitsches wrote:I have the Feeling, they will record one or two Songs fitting to each album (happy sing along song for get heavy, darker song for TMD, Party song for BFB, progressive song for Monstereophonic… as examples).

This crossed my mind as well. I think another possibility is that they're doing songs in the styles of different decades - like the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s... So on and so forth.
Miss-Elodia - my life partner in crime. <3
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby RockPolice » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:37 am

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:This crossed my mind as well. I think another possibility is that they're doing songs in the styles of different decades - like the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s... So on and so forth.

This is the first thing that came to my mind from the theme "decades". I think it's also something that no other band has done before.

Tracy Lipp posted a picture from the Finnvox studio on his Facebook and in the comments he said that there will be lots of producers on this record and that Mikko Karmila is going to produce the first three songs that they are now recording.
RockPolice

Postby alalitsches » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:03 pm

I can't find his facebook page (or is it a private page?)... Do you have a link?
Different producers sounds like songs from the different album-eras again. I guess that the recordings will take a lot longer this time. I'm curious if they may have only used old demos from the certain eras or if Mr.L has written new ones aswell... (ok, Mr.Beauvoir has written songs with them so there will probably be new songs aswell but maybe only a few?) Maybe the album will end up longer than the last albums? A double CD would be very cool. One side with reworked demos from different producers and the new tenth era on the second cd. But these are only wild guesses and secret hopes...
alalitsches

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:40 pm

Answer for alalitsches:
The idea of recording some songs from each albums demos would be super cool. But I wouldn't think that the artwork will be a montage of the previous covers, I think Mr. L will paint a brand new painting for the album.
About the producers: I loved the sound of Sexorcism and Scare Force One, Mikko Karmila did a fucking excellent job with all of those songs, I like the work of Michael Wagener too since I'm a huge 70's/80's Metal fan and He gave that kind of sound to Babez For Breakfast and To Beast Or Not To Beast, The first three albums' sound is not that good if you look at it from a sound engineer prespective but those songs are good because they give you that really underground-ish sound, oh and Nino Laurenne was an amazing choice for Deadache and Monstereophonic (Theaterror vs. Demonarchy) too that guy is a bloody talented producer too.
And for your second post in the topic: On Lordi Army Russia Hella mentioned that the recordings will take place in parts throughout the whole year, and it will be a very epic album. She also mentioned that they have already found a new bassist.
About the double album idea: I was thinking about the exact same thing, but I will speak about it after the answers ;) .
Answer for MarkusHasADeadache:
I would love that idea! I could even imagine SCG X (or SCG 10) to be an actual symphonic piece.
Answer for RockPolice:
That is actually an awesome thing that there will be multiple producers. We can hear multiple perspectives about the tastes of the future producers.

I would love to hear a Lordi double album were the first album is a concept album and the second album is an all collaboration album which I actually predict after the Twilight Magazine interview from 2015 where Mr. L said that he has at least 8 Yes answers from some fucking awesome guest stars (the links will be at the bottom of the post ;) ). And there were a lot of things that became reality from that interview (like the playing cards.). Also I've just read that Ozzy Osbourne's Ex-Guitarist Gus G worked with Lordi too. Also I can't say how desperately I would love to hear Napalm Market but I also want that to come out on Scarchives Vol.2 too.

Talking about collaborations. Who would you like to work with Lordi ? Here is my wishlist/Here are my predictions:
-Jean Beauvoir (Confirmed)
-Gus G (confirmed)
-Gene Simmons
-Alice Cooper
-Chainsaw Caine
-Udo Dirkschneider
-Vince Neil
-Blackie Lawless
-Doro Pesch
-Tobias Forge
-Attila Dorn
-Christopher Bowes
-Carach Angren
-Abbath
-Wolf Hoffmann
-Marilyn Manson
-Sebastian Bach
-Rob Zombie
-Someone from Rammstein
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Tony Iommi
-Bruce Dickinson
-Nita Strauss
-NALLE?

The Links:
Twilight Magazine:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Mp5NR11_4 (part 1)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cqTKPZ884A (part 2)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbNFLSTHjAE (part 3)
Gus G interview:
- https://www.enikos.gr/media/651291/gus- ... -tou-video (Use Google Translate if you're not from Greece)
Tracy Lipp's Facebook:
- https://www.facebook.com/tracy.lipp
Last edited by THE Shadow Stone on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Be fucking proud of who you are, just the way you are and just the way you wanna be."
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Postby alalitsches » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:12 pm

I don't need that many guest stars, at least not for the songwriting.
Maybe Alice Cooper would be cool but only as a vocalist.
With the many producers I fear, the album is not gonna sound coherent, that's why a double album would be cool but then again I don't think so as they would probably have recorded more than 3 songs with Mr.Karmila.

I had the idea, Mr.Ruiz could be a crazy scientist who developed a time machine and he's leading through all the monsterican eras, so maybe there's a little SCG between every three songs. I guess I'm very far away from the actual concept as they surprise me with every new album.
alalitsches

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Answer for alalitsches:
I didn't say that I want ALL of these musicians on this next album but these are the guys that I would love if Lordi was working with sometimes in the future. Also if Lordi are working with good producers you don't have to worry about an album not sounding coherent because we can assume that the producers will hear what the other producers did and they can maybe adjust themselves to each others works while still having their own type of sounds. And there were a lot of really good sounding albums in history with a lot of producers too (Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney...). I really like the evil scientist idea for Ralph Ruiz but my guess for Ruiz this time is a General that would be helping the collaborative forces allign with Lordi's forces and He could bring out the Glam Monsters of the past, the Progressive Monsters of the future and so on. I think you know what I'm talking about. But that's just my stupid idea LOL.
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Return to Releases