Monsterboard

10th Lordi album

Discussion about record, singles, videos, comic book etc.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: 10th Lordi album

Postby Rockman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Now that I've seen the instagram stories, I think it's going to be a music video and new single for I Dug A Hole in the yard for you. The symbols suggest the song and I've found from the instagram account of one of the fx-worker. 8)
Rockman

Postby alalitsches » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:56 pm

When I read the tracklist first, I didn't think "I dug a hole in the yard for you" is gonna be a single. Doen't sound like a Lordi single. I hope the chorus is not like:

I dug a hole in the yard for you

I'm not a fan of those repetitive lyrics like in the last single. I have always been a fan of those lyrical Deadache-era-choruses
alalitsches

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:56 pm

I just checked the Deezer site of Killection and it seems that this album will have 3 singles because it shows that "I Dug A Hole In The Yard For You" will be out this fiday (November 29.) and we will get ANOTHER SINGLE two weeks before the release of the album (January 17.), which will be "Like A Bee To The Honey" the track with Michael Monroe on it as a guest and the track that was written by Paul Stanley and Jean Beauvoir :D What you think about it? Could it be real? :D
Here's the link: https://www.deezer.com/us/album/116180742
\m/"Sir I Hate to say this but your daughter needs a Sexorcism!"\m/
"Be fucking proud of who you are, just the way you are and just the way you wanna be."
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Postby Rockman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:54 am

It could be reliable. Deezer is a pretty big streaming service after all. Interesting though, so many singles before the album release. And weird to use outside songwriters, as Mr L is one of the best hard rock songwriters out there.

Can't wait 'til friday! I hope it's 70's song, something different. :)
Rockman

Postby alalitsches » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:18 am

I think it's the brandnew one or an 80's song cause on the tracklist it's covered by two 70's songs.
alalitsches

Postby alalitsches » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:38 pm

SPOILER

The single is out, at least in Australia. I'm not living there but as I have ITunes Australia, I can already listen to the snippet. Sounds like it's produced by Mikko Karmila. I can't tell if it's 80's or brandnew cause new Lordi songs usually sound like the 80's. I can tell, it's typical Lordi: Cool Lyrics, One of their best pre-choruses to date (No other band can write THAT good pre-choruses), an oldschool typical Lordi chorus with more harmonies instead of backing vocal shouts... sounds really cool. I don't know if the snippet shows the second verse or a bridge after the second chorus. Would be cool if it's a bridge, sounds not fluent enough as a verse.
alalitsches

Postby Sexorcism18 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:04 pm

alalitsches wrote:SPOILER

The single is out, at least in Australia. I'm not living there but as I have ITunes Australia, I can already listen to the snippet. Sounds like it's produced by Mikko Karmila. I can't tell if it's 80's or brandnew cause new Lordi songs usually sound like the 80's. I can tell, it's typical Lordi: Cool Lyrics, One of their best pre-choruses to date (No other band can write THAT good pre-choruses), an oldschool typical Lordi chorus with more harmonies instead of backing vocal shouts... sounds really cool. I don't know if the snippet shows the second verse or a bridge after the second chorus. Would be cool if it's a bridge, sounds not fluent enough as a verse.

Sounds great! I am not going to listen the snippet, because I think it's better when you don't know what's coming.
Sexorcism18

Postby alalitsches » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:12 am

Now I heard it from the beginnng to the end and it's surely the one brandnew song. They really tried to make it sound modern with all those rough and dissonant harmonies. I really like the chorus but verses, riffs and the solo will have to grow. In the end most of Lordi's songs have to grow on me and I always like it in the end.
alalitsches

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:33 am

To my ears the song sounds like something that could've easily come off of "Sexorcism". Nowhere near my favorite Lordi songs or anything, but still a solid catchy tune.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsta » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:22 pm

The video is out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgE6vzK ... EWzIO3tHEM

On a first listen I thought the song was a bit messy, but after a few listens it's really growing. I'm with alalitsches on this one though, the choruses are really- REALLY - great but something isn't quite clicking with the more metal/complex riffs in the verses or solo. I kind of wish they'd gone melodic all the way if that makes sense. But as I said, the pre-chouruses and chorus are extremely strong, that's the Lordi I know and love! It's a solid single that will most likely continue to grow on me.

As for the video ... THIS is how it should be done! After atrocities like The Riff and Hug You Hardcore I thought all hope was lost but holy crap! It's visually pleasing, fits the song and it's fun! I really love when the monsters get to actually do stuff and be monsters. Heck, this might be my favourite video since Blood Red Sandman - who would've thought they'd pull that off almost 20 years into their career? Hats off to the whole band and video team!
Monsta

Postby Sexorcism18 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:45 pm

I think the new single is better than Shake The Baby Silent. The song is good and the video too, but the verses, "main riff" and especially the solo are quite boring. Overall, I think they did a good job, because they had to make other type of songs as well. One thing that I also liked in this song, were the backing vocals.
Sexorcism18

Postby Salem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:02 pm

To me it sounds similar to their earlier b-sides, like from The Arockalypse or something, but with a more modern touch. Definitely better than Shake the Baby Silent. I certainly didn't expect a love song when I first read the title. The choruses are pure magic, and they've been stuck in my head the whole day. It's exactly what I expect from Lordi, and I'm happy they still don't disappoint.
Salem

Postby Rockman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:15 pm

The chorus is really great, but again the parts seems like they are combined from different song ideas to one.
But personally I really like the song! And I like that they try different sounds i.e. guitar solo. And this song has been played in my head on repeat, so the hooks work as always.
Rockman

Postby alalitsches » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Rockman wrote:The chorus is really great, but again the parts seems like they are combined from different song ideas to one

That's probably more or less how it is. I read, that the chorus melody and the title exists since the Monsterican Dream era. The verses sound pretty modern. I was hoping that the one brandnew song really is brandnew. Cause when I listened to this song the first time I thought "yes, they are writing those big hook melodies again like in the early days" and reading that it is from the early days and not from nowadays is a little disappointment.
Anyway, Shake the Baby silent has grown on me and this new song is pretty good so I'm really looking forward to the album. I wanna hear a 70's song so badly though.

I hope for some track by track descriptions by the band in the next weeks. We are stil so far away from the album release. Normally release of the second single is a week or two before the album release. I'm curious how they will fill the time.
alalitsches

Postby ksco » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:34 pm

After listening to IDAHITYFY about 30 times I just can't get this chorous out of my head :lol: Chorous are really catchy, I dunno why but this song reminds me a bit of Bon Jovi vibes :lol: anyway, this song and Shake The Baby Silent sounds really good, for sure this album will not be as heavy as Sexorcism or Demonarchy, it is going to be a really catchy album and maybe smth like BFB album.

PS. Someone asked what I mean about 10th anniversary a few posts before, I mean this is 10th Lordi album, so u know, it is smth like anniversary.
ksco

Postby alalitsches » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Is anybody of you writing reviews again? I can remember Isa has often written reviews. Do you have an idea when the first reviews are allowed to be released? I wanna read something about the songs so badly, more than ever before cause I'm so curious how the 70's songs sound like.
alalitsches

Previous

Return to Releases