Monsterboard

Scarchives Vol. 1

Discussion about record, singles, videos, comic book etc.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Scarchives Vol. 1

Postby Prince777777 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi there, I'm a new member of the Lordi Board but a long-time Lordi fan (since The Monsterican Dream). I apologise if this has been asked before but I missed out on getting a Scarchives Vol. 1 box set. Does anyone know if these tracks (and DVD) are ever going to be reissued? I'm really keen to hear Bend Over And Pray The Lord but cannot find a copy of Scarchives on eBay or any other rare records forum!
I REALLY hope that they're going to rerelease this - does anyone have any news or updates about this?
Many thanks in anticipation!
Prince777777

Re: Scarchives Vol. 1

Postby monsterboy » Wed May 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Sorry to disappoint you but the scarchives where only available in limited edition for a very short time only. And they will never be re-released again. I only can which you luck finding one on the internet.
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby Anthalerero » Wed May 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Yup... there are only about 500 copies around, and they were exclusively available on rokkikauppa.com. But they're sold out since a few months, sadly. I think the best is to keep your eyes open, and search for it on ebay, etc... I'm sorry we can't help you better there. about 2 weeks ago one of the members of the german fanboard wrote that he has 2 scarchives and would sell one... dunno if it's still available, but i'll ask him if it is, and if he ships to outside of germany too.
As monsterboy said, there's no plan to reissue this box - it was done only for the die-hards, and it never came to normal record stores too. But probably we'll get a Vol.2 one day - who knows? ;-)
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby Monsterlady38 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:03 am

But probably we'll get a Vol.2 one day - who knows?

THIS. :wink: I'll keep my fingers crossed for that!

Yeah unfortunately Scarchives is sold out but if you're really that desperate try looking on ebay. I'm sure some people who have extra copies are willing to sell it on there as Anthalerero said.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Anthalerero » Thu May 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Yeah... but they can be sold quite quick, the one i mentioned is already sold, sorry...
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby Joni Master » Thu May 23, 2013 3:17 pm

I think there was too much time to buy one. I really can only laugh people who coming back to Lordi fan only when they have gigs or they are hot again. :P

I think this is good lesson for those people. :)
Joni Master

Postby Isa » Thu May 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Who say he even have stop being a fan ? He just wasn't on monsterboard but that absolutly don't mean he once let the band

It's not 'cos you aren't on a forum that you ain't a fans and definition of die-hard isn't "members of official forum"
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Joni Master » Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Isa wrote:Who say he even have stop being a fan ? He just wasn't on monsterboard but that absolutly don't mean he once let the band

It's not 'cos you aren't on a forum that you ain't a fans and definition of die-hard isn't "members of official forum"

I didnt meant that he isnt fan if he isnt in MonsterBoard. I meant that he must have leaved Lordi because he has missed it and come back when new album released. There was even free shipping in Rokkikauppa so I cant see anything reason why he missed it than that.
Joni Master

Postby Isa » Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Pretty 90% of the fans outside MB/Lordi Army/other Lordi forum (and even them if they just hadn't time for come on the net for a moment) don't even have know about the Scarchive. Yeah there is Facebook but I really ask me if all people there really read all 'cos when I see in comment how many had say "come in that country" when it was a country band had a gig (and that link of the tour get posted).

He just say he have miss it, not that it was 'cos he left Lordi, some also have miss it simply because at that moment they hadn't money (don't forget a good part of fans are still student) and time they could spare some it was too late
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Hemitys » Thu May 23, 2013 10:29 pm

Also this was a really low profile release, at least I didn't see too many ads. A limited release is a limited release and when it's only 500, there's gonna be fans who miss their opportunity. I remember fans being disappointed just week or two after the release since it was sold out and by no means would I "laugh" at them or those who still want the box set.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Prince777777 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:53 am

Hi guys, thank you all so much for your answers. I'll have to keep hoping that one becomes available on eBay.
To answer some previous posts, I never 'left' Lordi, I just hadn't checked up on them on the internet for a few months for reasons that you don't need to know about. I know that Scarchives was for diehard fans only and I completely understand that, but 500 copies only?! Come on - surely Lordi has WAY more than 500 diehard fans?! I know I'm not the only fan who's disappointed not to have their own edition of Scarchives here.
I will never ever illegally download any material from any band (I'm too 'old school' - give me a vinyl LP or a CD!) but when a band does this (strictly limit a release), how do fans like me ever get to hear that material?!
How will any new Lordi fan (who started to like the band after October 2012) EVER get to hear BDAPTL?! I'm not trying to start a fight here, I'm just expressing an opinion. I hope the band will rerelease Scarchives, even with different artwork (saying '2nd Edition' or something)
Thanks again!
Prince777777

Postby Joni Master » Fri May 24, 2013 11:57 am

Prince777777 wrote:Hi guys, thank you all so much for your answers. I'll have to keep hoping that one becomes available on eBay.
To answer some previous posts, I never 'left' Lordi, I just hadn't checked up on them on the internet for a few months for reasons that you don't need to know about. I know that Scarchives was for diehard fans only and I completely understand that, but 500 copies only?! Come on - surely Lordi has WAY more than 500 diehard fans?! I know I'm not the only fan who's disappointed not to have their own edition of Scarchives here.
I will never ever illegally download any material from any band (I'm too 'old school' - give me a vinyl LP or a CD!) but when a band does this (strictly limit a release), how do fans like me ever get to hear that material?!
How will any new Lordi fan (who started to like the band after October 2012) EVER get to hear BDAPTL?! I'm not trying to start a fight here, I'm just expressing an opinion. I hope the band will rerelease Scarchives, even with different artwork (saying '2nd Edition' or something)
Thanks again!

It was uploaded youtube before release date and its still there. Nowadays everything is in Youtube and no-one cant do anything. I dont think that everyone even bothers to buy anything nowadays.

I dont understand why people thinks pirate CDs is bad when there is Youtube or Spotivity.

And I personally like limited set. It makes CDs rare and more valuable and makes people recpect em. Its quite funny that I never seen people complaining about "This is heavy metal" single because it was only limited 200x set.
Joni Master

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri May 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Joni Master wrote:
And I personally like limited set. It makes CDs rare and more valuable and makes people recpect em. Its quite funny that I never seen people complaining about "This is heavy metal" single because it was only limited 200x set.

If you cannot see the difference between a dual CD/DVD release and essentially 1 song, then there is nothing more to say.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Prince777777 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:54 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:
Joni Master wrote:

If you cannot see the difference between a dual CD/DVD release and essentially 1 song, then there is nothing more to say.

:D
Prince777777

Postby andy4600 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:16 am

It also came with a Guitar pick and the booklet tell why it was never released.

I'm sure it'll end up on ebay one day.
Tomni 'Otus' Lillman - Gone but never forgotten

Twitter - @AndrewOXLowe
http://andylowe.blog.com/
andy4600

Postby Rockman » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 am

Time to bring this up again:
When can we see a re-release of Scarchives vol.1? And more importantly, is there Scarchives vol2 coming?
I was SO late, when they released the first one, so I didn't get one and that must be the biggest single regret on music for me. :lol:
Rockman

Postby ksco » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Rockman wrote:Time to bring this up again:
When can we see a re-release of Scarchives vol.1? And more importantly, is there Scarchives vol2 coming?
I was SO late, when they released the first one, so I didn't get one and that must be the biggest single regret on music for me. :lol:

They were thinking about vol 2 since vol 1 was released.. I remember that when I was talking with mrL in 2013 he was thinking about a thing like Monstropoly to be as one of a thing in vol 2 but as we know, Monstropoly was already in merch. Then probably in some interview they were thinking about this Behind The Scenes (from albums recordings) which was set to be in Monsterman documentary but at all it wasn't include there.
I guess if vol 1 was released in 2012 for 20-year of Lordi then vol 2 should be released in 2022 for 30-year anniversary of Lordi. I hope we will see a bunch of Behind The Scenes, maybe like over 1 hour of this cool shit, would be awesome to watch this stuff.
ksco

Return to Releases