Monsterboard

Babez For Breakfast

Discussion about record, singles, videos, comic book etc.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Mooneyman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:49 pm

What Lordi need to do is get a new store, get a new look and accept that not everything is going to work. Investments like the Breakfast Box aren't always going to be successful and until they're sure they are it won't be worth putting cash into.

Get a new album, get a new outlook, and refresh yourselves. BFB has fizzled out very quickly indeed and we already seem to be in limbo between eras again. They need to do something a lot...'more' to get into a reasonably large public eye again. What 'more' is I don't really know, but it's sorely needed.

A lack of scale, perhaps? Who knows - however, with the current financial situation it might be best to buckle up and accept this is what Lordi might become now - if this is wrong at the very least we'll get a surprise.

Also....traitors? Really? Bit extreme. They jumped on a bandwagon, everybody does it.
Mooneyman

Postby _eesti999_ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Kita comments the selling of the album to The Voice.
"That 4000 albums is small. It's very small, comparing that The Arockalypse was sold over 90 000 copies. In certain, it's saying that people aren't interested in this stuff so much. And it has to be reminded, that Babez for Breakfast was succeed as an record".

Musician says that although Lordi album selling isn't very crazy at the moment, at some point it goes up.

"Lordi has to have patience to make their job. Then sometimes that situation is also same,then people are interested of nostalgia and /???/ are full."
_eesti999_

Postby King » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:07 pm

_eesti999_ wrote:Kita comments the selling of the album to The Voice.
"That 4000 albums is small. It's very small, comparing that The Arockalypse was sold over 90 000 copies. In certain, it's saying that people aren't interested in this stuff so much. And it has to be reminded, that Babez for Breakfast was succeed as an record".

Musician says that although Lordi album selling isn't very crazy at the moment, at some point it goes up.

"Lordi has to have patience to make their job. Then sometimes that situation is also same,then people are interested of nostalgia and /???/ are full."

I hate and I'm annoyed by Voice's cool idea and the way Kita comments. He sounds like he'd be on a higher level, like "out of the mess". And how he says that maybe people just doesn't like the thing at the moment makes me damn annoyed too: Kita should know that BFB wasn't advertised in any way. Nice. Hell!! How can people like something they have no idea about?????!! :x
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Dr.SinJoy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:47 pm

How many copies of The Monsterican Dream were sold ? Just to compare as it's the lowest selling Lordi album
How does it feel when your life's about to end ? :twisted: :D
Dr.SinJoy

Postby Sami » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Dr.SinJoy wrote:How many copies of The Monsterican Dream were sold ? Just to compare as it's the lowest selling Lordi album

The Monsterican Dream sold in Finland 33 102 copies.
"Haluan otella poron kanssa." (Conan O'Brien Suomen vierailunsa aikana)
Sami

Postby Joni Master » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Sami wrote:
Dr.SinJoy wrote:How many copies of The Monsterican Dream were sold ? Just to compare as it's the lowest selling Lordi album

The Monsterican Dream sold in Finland 33 102 copies.

Yes but it this after Eurovision? :wink:
Joni Master

Postby ksco » Thu May 05, 2011 11:40 pm

BFB is the best album, but we are waiting for new album. When Lordi create a new album?
ksco

Postby Sooophie » Fri May 06, 2011 12:51 am

We suppose it will be in 2012. It's to early to think about it for a release date yet because Babez was released only in september... Just wait. :)
Sooophie

Postby Dr. Sin » Fri May 06, 2011 7:46 pm

If they're not going to break the old line, the new album (2012) will be styled the same way as Deadache and TMD. And that's good.
Though, if MW is the producer again, it may not be as dark as Deadache was. :?
Dr. Sin

Postby Isa » Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 pm

L breakt the patern with the cover of BfB, shouldn't surprise me that he do same with album

Say "it should be so 'cos it's so band usually do" pretty give him desire to do it other way :lol:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby King » Fri May 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Dr. Sin wrote:If they're not going to break the old line, the new album (2012) will be styled the same way as Deadache and TMD. And that's good.

I like how there's so much differing opinions on which direction Lordi should move to. For example, I couldn't disagree more with that with absolutely no offense towards you, Dr. Sin.
King

Postby Dr. Sin » Sat May 07, 2011 1:01 am

King wrote:
Dr. Sin wrote:If they're not going to break the old line, the new album (2012) will be styled the same way as Deadache and TMD. And that's good.

I like how there's so much differing opinions on which direction Lordi should move to. For example, I couldn't disagree more with that with absolutely no offense towards you, Dr. Sin.

Hah, of course disagreeing doesn't mean being offensive. People have differend kind of opinions and they all are correct, although some people don't remember or understand that.

Even though Babez is a good album, Deadache may be better as a whole. Because of the style. I just like the darker style and sound. Pipe organs and other cool keyboard sounds are something I like very much. The sound of guitar is at its worst on Get Heavy. That's why I like that album the least. Because its sounds. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like the album. :P

These days I have been listening to The Monsterican Dream and Deadache a lot. Also, there has been often a playlist with all Lordi's songs on it. The Arockalypse is also being in listening. It seems I have "used up" some songs... and some I had used up are now listenable again. Weird. But this is how my mind works.

And I'm kind of doing a lot of offtopic here so...

About Babez' selling bad: I don't care how it sells. It doesn't matter if people like Lordi's music or not. The fact is that I like it and as long as I do, I'll be buying the albums and listening the music. And if I didn't like some song or even some album, I think I might still buy the album because I could get used to it or start liking, and maybe the next one would be better album. This kind of thing happened with Babez, at first.

I heard "I Am Bigger Than You" and though it's not a very good song. I started to fear that the rest of the album would be not-so-good, as well. This Is Heavy Metal was good, though. So I had some hope. But the rest of the album wasn't bad. And nowadays... IABTY is one of my favorite songs. :roll:

Being an idiot? Totally...
Dr. Sin

Postby King » Sat May 07, 2011 2:10 pm

This week I understood how much I love The Monsterican Dream. Strange. The mixing is just perfect at the moment. The vocals seem so close! The guitars are awesome and the keys sound excellent! The drums sound great too.

And I gotta agree that Babez wasn't the most compact package Lordi has ever made.
King

Re: *** New album BABEZ FOR BREAKFAST out NOW! ***

Postby Kreivi » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Guys, look what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-BHPvnEYf4

(Very rare) finnish thrash metal band Prestige made this song in the year 1990.
As you can see from the lyrics, there is quite many similiarities to Granny's Gone Crazy. :D
As I know, mr. L is not a big fan of thrash metal, so this must be a little funny coincidence. :D

Prestige - Naughty Granny

My granny bot bored sitting at home
She wanted to have some action
She rode on her bike to the liquer store
And whiskey gave satisfaction

Chorus:
My GRANNY - went out of her mind
GRANNY - she started to terrorize

Granny stole a skateboard from
A by-passing anthrax fanatic
Skated like a hurricane and
Spread chaos in the city

Granny HERE - granny THERE - granny everywhere

Run for cover granny is coming
Granny is coming for you
Granny is here to spread some fear
Granny is so cruel
Empty streets, children scream
Granny - she´s the beast

Come on granny let´s go home
Let´s bake those lovely bisquits
Hey granny calm down
There´s Dallas on TV
Stop that don´t bite that dog
You might get hydrophobia
Don´t break that window
Don´t hit that fucking wino

At last she got tired
She needs her daily sleep
75 years behind
But still she made some action
Kreivi

Postby Milred Sandman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Kreivi wrote:Guys, look what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-BHPvnEYf4

(Very rare) finnish thrash metal band Prestige made this song in the year 1990.
As you can see from the lyrics, there is quite many similiarities to Granny's Gone Crazy. :D
As I know, mr. L is not a big fan of thrash metal, so this must be a little funny coincidence. :D

Prestige - Naughty Granny

My granny bot bored sitting at home
She wanted to have some action
She rode on her bike to the liquer store
And whiskey gave satisfaction

Chorus:
My GRANNY - went out of her mind
GRANNY - she started to terrorize

Granny stole a skateboard from
A by-passing anthrax fanatic
Skated like a hurricane and
Spread chaos in the city

Run for cover granny is coming
Granny is coming for you
Granny is here to spread some fear
Granny is so cruel
Empty streets, children scream
Granny - she´s the beast

Come on granny let´s go home
Let´s bake those lovely bisquits
Hey granny calm down
There´s Dallas on TV
Stop that don´t bite that dog
You might get hydrophobia
Don´t break that window
Don´t hit that fucking wino

At last she got tired
She needs her daily sleep
75 years behind
But still she made some action

That song '' In my opinion '' SUCKED! :lol:

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Isa » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:56 pm

I don't see that much in common except the granny is in both song not like we are habit to see them :mrgreen:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Re:

Postby Milred Sandman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Riemu wrote:
monsterman123456789 wrote:I love every song of Lordi,but still IABTY is the worst and Rock Police is the best.
OMG OX is singing instead of KITA!

And could you tell me, in wich part is OX singing?
You should know that Kita did ALL the backing vocals.
In Mie Oon Lordi, its said that OX can't sing at all.

From what i've heard Kita is still working a small part with the band, so he might keep doing the backvocals on the next album.

Milred Sandman

Re: Babez For Breakfast

Postby AAore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:36 pm

omg, just listened to lordi in like forever, and I just love them :shock: I totally forgot how good they were... And babez reminds me of late summer 2010 <3 This is m*therf*ucking heavy metal :) lol
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:08 pm

AAore wrote:omg, just listened to lordi in like forever, and I just love them :shock: I totally forgot how good they were... And babez reminds me of late summer 2010 <3 This is m*therf*ucking heavy metal :) lol
welcome back! :twisted:

Milred Sandman

Postby Heavyalist » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:38 pm

AAore wrote:omg, just listened to lordi in like forever, and I just love them :shock: I totally forgot how good they were... And babez reminds me of late summer 2010 <3 This is m*therf*ucking heavy metal :) lol

Such a same feeling here.
Heavyalist

Postby mr.Linoge » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:00 pm

:twisted:
mr.Linoge

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:07 pm

mr.Linoge wrote:

:twisted:

A post needs to consist of more than a smiley.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Cannibal's Candy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:06 pm

I recently listened to the album in my car, really sounded great, but when using my earphones, the sound of the album is kinda thin and muddy. But over my car stereo, I noticed that the music and lyrics of the album are better than I remembered them (in fact the songs are very good, maybe sometimes a bit too cheesy but hey that's 80s style) and the sound is not too bad either.
Probably because the mix was made for big stereos and not for headphones, like most of the 80s albums where I noticed the same thing.
Death from above mercilessly annihilate everything

Check out my Metallica/Iron Maiden covers: https://www.youtube.com/user/COB710/videos
Cannibal's Candy

Postby ksco » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:54 am

OMG, that moment when you release that this forum wasn't as dead as it now. I mean.. look how many pages have this topic.. 135.. so many posts.. and now, the last 2 albums 20-30 pages of posts.. this is a huge difference.
Also, I'm like "oh shit, I remember this guy, and this one, and another one, why they aren't posting anymore or not so much as before... also mrL was so active here.." :(
ksco

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:12 am

ksco wrote:OMG, that moment when you release that this forum wasn't as dead as it now. I mean.. look how many pages have this topic.. 135.. so many posts.. and now, the last 2 albums 20-30 pages of posts.. this is a huge difference.
Also, I'm like "oh shit, I remember this guy, and this one, and another one, why they aren't posting anymore or not so much as before... also mrL was so active here.." :(

The fact of the matter is that forums such as this one aren't as popular as they used to be, and that most people have moved on to other forms of social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. So naturally if the band want to reach as many people as possible, it makes sense to post on those sites where the vast majority of people are as opposed to, say, posting on this forum where only a small fraction of the fandom still hangs around.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Previous

Return to Releases