Monsterboard

Babez For Breakfast

Discussion about record, singles, videos, comic book etc.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby sven » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:47 pm

KKE wrote:I would really like to know if the single will be available outside Finnland too.

There was already a discussion about that in the german fan area.
what single??
sven

Postby KKE » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:36 pm

donny5 wrote:
martinmaniac wrote:Is the deadline still in May next year? Or is that when you're expecting a new single? :) looking forward so much :D

They go to the studio in February, single is out in May, and the whole album in autumn 2010.

That single.

Said on page 1.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby monsterboy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:47 pm

hey do you thik it's a good idea, to ask lordi to write a song with finish lyrics for the new album? I think it would be grat.
monsterboy

Postby miss_brutality » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:49 pm

monsterboy wrote:hey do you thik it's a good idea, to ask lordi to write a song with finish lyrics for the new album? I think it would be grat.

I do :D I'd love a song in finnish.
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby PEML94 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:55 pm

monsterboy wrote:hey do you thik it's a good idea, to ask lordi to write a song with finish lyrics for the new album? I think it would be grat.

I would hate it! They might be finnish monsters, but they sing in english. They only do interviews in english, and if they do do it in finnish, Mr. Lordi don't have the mask on, but ofcourse they don't show his face.

But seriusly? A song in finnish? It would be horrible. You know, Dark Floors was made in english because Mr. Lordi thought that finnish language would sound ridiculous in a horror movie. Ofcourse I don't know how he feels about finnish metal-songs, but I know that I wouldn't listned to that song.
PEML94

Postby monsterboy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 pm

but all my friends say: if they are a Finnish band why they shoudn't sing 1 song in their own language. And if mr.Lordi shoud ever make a song in finish, then i'm sure that it woud be a good monstrous song.
monsterboy

Postby martinmaniac » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 pm

well, It could sound good actually, I think! I mean, Dingo and trasbetoni is wha I listen to in finnish, and the language is awesome for hard roc I think :) but I don't know how it would with Lordi :D
martinmaniac

Postby sven » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:13 am

KKE wrote:
donny5 wrote:
martinmaniac wrote:Is the deadline still in May next year? Or is that when you're expecting a new single? :) looking forward so much :D

They go to the studio in February, single is out in May, and the whole album in autumn 2010.

That single.

Said on page 1.
danke
sven

Postby AAore » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:19 am

F*ck? That would be horrible!!! I'm sorry all the Finnish members on this board but, Finnish is the most ugly language in the world. And it does not sound like monsters, it sounds like little white things who lives in a big blue house! :evil: NOT A FINNISH SONG!
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

Postby Vilce » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 pm

I agree. I like the Finninsh language, I think it's beautiful ( in any case. it's more beautiful than my native :roll: ), but for hard rock... I'm sorry, but no. I once heard some hard rock in Finnish and I laugh about it till this very day, because it sounded stupid.
Vilce

Postby KKE » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:30 pm

I don't think so, that there is going to be a finnish song from Lordi.

And in my mind they shouldn't be too experimental. I don't want for example a cd like this Manowar-shit (they recorded a song in a lot of different languages...who need that? ). English is perfect, so that everyone can understand their awesome horror-stories told about in their songs. ;)

edit: Being "experimental" in my mind is just some things that change something totally. Lordi never did a finnish song before. I liked the way they tried to transfer other genres (f.e. Industrial) in the Lordi style, that is not too experimental....

Well maybe it would be also ok, but I don't want to think of this. ;)
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lordi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 pm

I can easily end this debate. :twisted:
There will be no Lordi-song in Finnish.

Few of the VERY early versions of some Lordi-songs are/were in Finnish. But it´s a different story: some material that I use for Lordi, are bits and pieces of "just-for-our-own-fun"-project DBB, with PK Hell.

But those are not for anyone else´s ears than ours. It´s like.... ummm.. a test laboratory!

Of course, MAYBE, someday, there could be some Finnish heard as an theatrical effect, on some intro or whatever. But have no real plans doing that, no. Actually, on the live intro of Deadache, where you could hear different radio stations tuning, there is a half a sentence in Finnish.

But that´s as far as the envelope has been pushed.

L
Lordi
Vocals

Postby miss_brutality » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:43 pm

:D thank you very much for the info Mr. Lordi :D
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Sooophie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks you for these precisions Mr Lordi
Sooophie

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:24 pm

I had a feeling this is what the main monster-man would say! :wink:
Thanks for confirming Mr. L!

There you go lady's and gents: no Lordi song in finnish.
Now if it were say...German, then yes, we could argue. But from experience, the Finnish language...it's too...poetic and nice a language, too "soft" for hard rock/ metal. Unless, of course, it's folk metal.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:34 pm

All other laungauges than English think wouldnt fit Lordi so well :/ Not much peole would like their music if they began to have their songs on German or Finnish :/ Better to be able to sel worldwide and that you can do with English songs. :)

Thanks Mr L for the explanation. :)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Isa » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:51 pm

judge death wrote:All other laungauges than English think wouldnt fit Lordi so well :/

Can I consider then that you don't like "rebirth of the countess" ? :wink:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Isa wrote:
judge death wrote:All other laungauges than English think wouldnt fit Lordi so well :/

Can I consider then that you don't like "rebirth of the countess" ? :wink:

Dunno if I would call it for a full Lordi song or how I should describe my idea as xD It was a great idea and they made it good, but how often do you listen to that track? Not that often right? If all songs was on french then i would never know what the song would eb about and wouldnt be Lordi anymoe but to do that as a special effect or as Mr L said or just one song which is short is okay, but not a whole album or like that. :)
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Isa » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:02 pm

I just mean there that they already use other language but from there it should never be more than this (like Mr L say himself)

I also prefer Lordi in english but not on point to say other language would fit 'cos it depend.

And you maybe don't listen a lot to this song but big majority of french language fans can recitate you the text without problem :lol:

In fact the language depend more "how you use it" it's not language who count but how it fit on the song, which atmosphere it give and so on.

When read this topic I also regret that some look do need be insulting on a language only 'cos they shouldn't like it in hard rock. You can dislike it but still show some respect
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Sooophie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 pm

think that's better for everybodyLordi do and continue in English. Lordi in Finnish would sound... weird! For the song "The Rebirth Of The Countess I really appreciated, I am French and I'm a huge Awa fan. So I was very happy when I heard this song for the first time. French fans are a very little part of Lordi's fabs so I understand your feelings when you can't understand the spoken language in a song.
Last edited by Sooophie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sooophie

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:05 pm

Isa wrote:I just mean there that they already use other language but from there it should never be more than this (like Mr L say himself)

I also prefer Lordi in english but not on point to say other language would fit 'cos it depend.

And you maybe don't listen a lot to this song but big majority of french language fans can recitate you the text without problem :lol:

In fact the language depend more "how you use it" it's not language who count but how it fit on the song, which atmosphere it give and so on.

When read this topic I also regret that some look do need be insulting on a language only 'cos they shouldn't like it in hard rock. You can dislike it but still show some respect

Exactly that you say here. :) Agrees with it. :)
judge death

Postby Ultimate Warrior » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:44 pm

AWW YES!!!!! :D I am so excited about this new album! :D Those potential titles sound pretty good, and if Lordi are releasing an album then that (hopefully) means that I'll get to see them on their next tour!!! :D Aww this news has proper cheered me up :D
Sneaking out on a Saturday night... Momma thinks you know wrong from right...
Ultimate Warrior

Postby Berghani » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:24 pm

This is surely very exciting!
I can't wait for it!
:D
Sigh... only if I had anything of importance to write here.
Berghani

Postby NEMESIS666 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:08 am

I finally know what they have been doing at last, since a lordi gig ages ago. I've been looking for when they next play in the uk and found no info on touring dates. Now i know they 've been recording new stuff. well i just cant wait to hear it. It will be amazing as ever. :D
NEMESIS666

Postby Doomality » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:22 am

I know this may be too early to be asking, but can we expect more guests in this album this time around? I know that you guys had Bruce Kulick work with you guys not too long ago, but nothing was final.
Doomality

PreviousNext

Return to Releases