Page 1 of 136

Babez For Breakfast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:23 pm
by Lordi
Hi ya´all!

Thought I´d give u guys a little sneak of what we´re doing at the moment, and where are we with the new one. Recording the last bunch of the demos right now, which will be the last 15 to compete for a place on the album. All together, we managed to do 44 new songs to choose from. And, there is a song from the pre-Get Heavy days called Discoevil, that we have been rehearsing now..! A new-found treasure, really. It´s been recorded as a demo at least two or three times, but it never quite fit the previous albums. This time.. who knows but looks promising. It was a new song for Awa and Ox too, of course.

Other sneak previews I could give you, are some of the song titles, that may or may not be on the album. But these working titles will definitely give you a hint of what´s to expect. Babez For Breakfast, Non-Stop Nite, This Is Heavy Metal, Easy As Boiling Kittens... Sounds quite old school, huh?

L :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:32 pm
by AAore
Thanks for the info mr L!!! :P

And yes it does, I cant wait for "This is heavy Metal" and "non-stop nite"! 8)

I'm really really looking forward for this CD and more info about it. Thanks again :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:33 pm
by monster girl
:lol: Goddamnit....now I'm going to be thinking about those song titles all day.... Sounds interesting, definately different to Deadache, but it also sounds as if it might be quite different from anything thats come before.... Thanks for giving us an update! Just gotta wait now.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:05 pm
by KKE
"This is Heavy Metal" sounds definately nice, I wonder if it is also orientated to the horror-theme of Lordi. Maybe something like BBTBTR was.

Thanks Mr. Lordi, it's great to hear new information about what's going on. I hope you have a great time over there. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:07 pm
by TheBear
Really interesting. The titles sound so different but still LoRDi. :D
Thank you Mr. L
Can't wait

Re: THE NEW ALBUM 2010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:50 pm
by martinmaniac
Lordi wrote:Hi ya´all!

Thought I´d give u guys a little sneak of what we´re doing at the moment, and where are we with the new one. Recording the last bunch of the demos right now, which will be the last 15 to compete for a place on the album. All together, we managed to do 44 new songs to choose from. And, there is a song from the pre-Get Heavy days called Discoevil, that we have been rehearsing now..! A new-found treasure, really. It´s been recorded as a demo at least two or three times, but it never quite fit the previous albums. This time.. who knows but looks promising. It was a new song for Awa and Ox too, of course.

Other sneak previews I could give you, are some of the song titles, that may or may not be on the album. But these working titles will definitely give you a hint of what´s to expect. Babez For Breakfast, Non-Stop Nite, This Is Heavy Metal, Easy As Boiling Kittens... Sounds quite old school, huh?

L :twisted:


thanks for the info mr Lordi :D

This is heavy metal sounds totally like something twisted sister would come up with in their old days! :D babez for breakfast is a funny and interesting title :D Is the deadline still in May next year? Or is that when you're expecting a new single? :) looking forward so much :D

Re: THE NEW ALBUM 2010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:13 pm
by Kreivi
martinmaniac wrote:Is the deadline still in May next year? Or is that when you're expecting a new single? :) looking forward so much :D


They go to the studio in February, single is out in May, and the whole album in autumn 2010.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:21 pm
by Sooophie
Thanks for the update. That sounds so cool! This is Heavy Metal is an intriguing song title :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:59 pm
by MonstericanDreamer
Sounds so cool!!!

Thank you so much Mr.Lordi !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:15 pm
by Angel Of Death
thx for the info mr Lordi. The working titles sound really nice :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:18 pm
by sven
i have felling that ''this is heavy metal'' will be awesome song as new album :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:34 pm
by Mooneyman
Gah, this is getting far too exciting! :lol:

The titles we've been given are fantastic, a nice ironic dark humour to them and definitely eighties based.

I hope this proves to be a big evolution for Lordi, as long as the dark imagery goes nowhere I'm happy! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:43 pm
by Thomas
Hey Lordi, thanks for the info!!

This Is Heavy Metal, I don't know but it reminds me of Raise Hell In Heaven :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:45 pm
by Joni Master
This Is Heavy Metal, sound awesome! I think this gonna be the next single and album title.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 pm
by Thomas
I don't think this is going to be the album title, cause:

Get Heavy - Get Ready
The Monsterican Dream - The American Dream
The Arockalypse - The Apockalypse
Deadache - Headache

They have "words-games" on each of their album, so I don't think This Is Heavy Metal will be an album title.. Unless it refers to "This Is Sparta" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:48 pm
by Mooneyman
Thomas wrote:Unless it refers to "This Is Sparta" :lol:


This...is...HEAVY METAAAAAAL! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:51 pm
by miss_brutality
:D Thank you Mr. Lordi :) I'm sooo freakin excited. My heart is going ot blow up. These news will keep me bouncing around the house for hours :lol: The titles are unbelievably awesome. I really can't wait to hear the songs!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:51 pm
by Hemitys
Joni Master wrote:This Is Heavy Metal, sound awesome! I think this gonna be the next single and album title.


Please god no.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:00 pm
by sven
why not? it sounds good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:04 pm
by Hemitys
sven wrote:why not? it sounds good.


It sounds really stupid. It's a fun working title but I hope it's nothing else.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 pm
by martinmaniac
well, it depends how the album is. Making an album with the title that IS heavy metal sounds good, but lordi is hard rock, so I quite would'nt think that ;) but it depends on the songs on the album whether that title should be used or not :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 pm
by Isa
I imagine how some review should can play with word if album should be calling so.

Edit : Like Martin say Lordi is more hard-rock (I found) then should give a sort "this is heavy metal who in fact isn't" or something like that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:08 pm
by Vilce
Don't know about you, but I would die of laughter, if I saw a CD with the title ''This is Heavy Metal'' :shock:
Anyway, the titles of songs sound promising to me :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:44 pm
by Stude
^ I couldn't say it better. Hey, really, think - This is Heavy Metal as a name of any album? No way. It's not gonna work so it can't be the name.
And I don't know but somehow I didn't get any those "ah, that will sound so fucking great!" thoughts when I read the titles. Every of them sounds pretty .. stupid if I say it nicely. Or at least those titles can't work together.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:48 pm
by filc
I'm ok with Hemitys, This is Heavy Metal will sound...very...yes, stupid for an album title.

I like Babez for breakfast title. =D