Monsterboard

The story behind the characters

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

The story behind the characters

Postby D-devil » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 pm

I don't know if there is already another topic for this... I searched but couldn't find anything :?

I'm working on a Lordi fan site and I'd really like to have a little story for each character in the biography page.
There is anyone who can write briefly what comics say about Lordi?
I know that there is a little story in the official site, but I would like to report some more information... Like Mr.Lordi birth or Amen past?
I saw some scanlations on the web, but they're not so clear :?

I'd like to buy the comics myself, but can't find any site selling to Italy, which is where I live :(

Thanks a lot for the attention!
D-devil

Postby monsterboy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Lordi. His character is described as "The Most Fearsome Khan of All", "The Biomechanical Man" and "The Unholy Overlord of All Tremors".
His first appearance was in Monsterican presents: Arctic Horror Annual #1. Mr. Lordi's father was a Demon of the South and his mother a Goblin of the North. The Demons invaded Lapland and raped the Goblins. As a bastard son of both, Mr. Lordi received the supernatural powers of them and during centuries appeared as several historical figures, such as Genghis Khan and Vlad the Impaler. After defeating the Demons and Goblins, as the Lord of Lapland, he rode in a sleigh, given to him by Puuhkalakki, pulled by flying zombie reindeer. (see also reindeer skuls on deadache costume)
According to one theory, Mr. Lordi has spent centuries searching for His One True Love, but hasn't found her. Kalmaged the Time-traveller tells that Mr. Lordi has integrated himself to the magnetic field of the Earth and thus controls the whole planet and can now travel between different dimensions effortlessly.
Mr. Lordi has personally gathered the other band members as allies in the trans-dimensional war against their enemies
Drummer for Solitude Within
Just support your band that you dig.That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling.
I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby Thomas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 pm

There is written something at their homepage I think! :)
Thomas

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:43 pm

The homepage had some texts about them:

http://www.lordi.fi/band/

Hope that helps ;)
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby D-devil » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks for the answers guys! :wink:
So, can I trust Wikipedia? XD I was a little doubtful...

Thank you again
D-devil

Postby anushka » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:35 am

I think I know what you are searching for. There are longer stories about Lordi´s characters than are written on the new Lordi´s web. But I´m not sure where you can read it in english :?
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Mooneyman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:43 am

There's Monstropedia but the English is poor at best - saying that the English on Lordi's website is somewhat flawed too.
Mooneyman

Postby PEML94 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:08 am

This also belongs to Mr L's history (if it haven't bin mentioned befor):

In the age of 9 the lad met his father, who wanted the son to join him, but in the response the boy killed father and all the demons who were with him, thus becoming the master of Lapland and later conquered all the northern tribes. His background tells, that he has appeared several times through the history of the world as Count Vladimir (or, most well known - Count Dracula) or DschingisKhan, until his dissappearance after the 15th century. He personally has gathered the other members of the band together in different ages and eras. Mr. Lordi's armour is biomechanical, it responses to its owner's powers and health status.
PEML94

Postby D-devil » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Guys... you're simply wonderful!
You're helping me a lot... This will be the only italian fan site on the web for now, because I can't stand that italy, among other bad things (lol :lol: ) doesn't have a Lordi fan site! It's unacceptable!

I'll give credits to "monsterboard users" for this infos!

EDIT:

Someone knows what's Kita real story?
I mean... I see that in the comic some scientists find him? Then what?
On the monstropedia is written that he was being enslaved to a snake demon?
But I can't relink the two stories :(
D-devil

Return to Members