Monsterboard

OTUS

Discussion about band members

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby anushka » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Hemitys wrote:I think we'll hear Amen's eurodance-oriented solo album before we'll hear blast beat on a Lordi song...

Which is pretty much: never.

Pity :lol: I´m sure that Amen´s dance album would have succes :lol: Sorry for OT but I had to...
Image
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
User avatar
anushka
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:43 am
Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Hemitys wrote:
I don't mind the double bass, but it depends on how you use it. If you just crank it up on ten just for the sake of "sounding awesome", it's stupid, dull and boring. And it wouldn't even suit the Lordi sound.



Double bass as something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37j-HtPopdg or UDO's Desperate Balls. I'm not saying 10,000 miles an hour. Why does everyone always jump to that conclusion? This is double bass I think Lordi can fit into their songs nicely.

And still, there is nothing wrong with double bass, because, well, it does sound fucking awesome. It's like cowbell. Goes sweet anywhere.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby Hemitys » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Why does everyone always jump to that conclusion?


I wasn't thinking of you when I wrote that last post so... why do you jump to that conclusion!?!?!?1

Just kidding...

Btw, Wake The Snake is a good example of a song which has just the amount of double bass which is needed... not too much, just enough.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
User avatar
Hemitys
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:42 am

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Hemitys wrote:
Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Why does everyone always jump to that conclusion?


I wasn't thinking of you when I wrote that last post so... why do you jump to that conclusion!?!?!?1

Just kidding...

Btw, Wake The Snake is a good example of a song which has just the amount of double bass which is needed... not too much, just enough.


I have terrible self-esteem and think people always disagree with me. Sorry.

And, if memory serves me correctly, there is a little bit of double bass at the very last seconds of "Shotgun Divorce"
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby King » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:25 pm

True. :)
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby DC87 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:54 am

*dream on*
would be nice to have an other edition of BFB with Otus on drums :D :lol: like his work :)
*dream off*
Here we go again!
DC87
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:29 am
Location: Germany

Postby American_MonsterMan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:56 pm

I wonder how OTUS speaks? Is he low and waspy? Does he have a deep and roary voice? Does he have a silly high pitched voice and sounds like Mike Tyson? :D
American_MonsterMan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, USA

Postby Amen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:18 am

Fck, I was just about to finish my eurodance-oriented solo album...

;)

what comes to a Otus - he is a killer, a real butcher. He is a g-r-e-a-t drummer and don't you worry about his double bass drumming (he can do it with one foot too, if needed) ;) or his blast beat taking over Lordi's music - ah nah, never, but of course - every musician sounds different. And if you don't then you won't stand out and that's not what we want. I've played 4 shows with him so far and I couldn't be happier!

About his voice... ha :D let's say it's cute :)

Amen
So be it, it shall be done
User avatar
Amen
Guitar
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:34 am

Postby Arwiel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 am

Amen wrote:Fck, I was just about to finish my eurodance-oriented solo album...

;)

what comes to a Otus - he is a killer, a real butcher. He is a g-r-e-a-t drummer and don't you worry about his double bass drumming (he can do it with one foot too, if needed) ;) or his blast beat taking over Lordi's music - ah nah, never, but of course - every musician sounds different. And if you don't then you won't stand out and that's not what we want. I've played 4 shows with him so far and I couldn't be happier!

About his voice... ha :D let's say it's cute :)

Amen


;D Haha Otus with a Cute voice - Now I had a very funny vision. :D:D
"The pain needs music from Lordi to be conquered, or else I wouldn't be able to bear it."
Image
Arwiel
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:34 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:52 am

Amen wrote:About his voice... ha :D let's say it's cute :)

Amen

Oh damn, cute as in doesn't-fit-with-the-costume, orrr...? :lol:
Giiiih, I have a feeling his voice is too cute to the costume.... XD

Though I think he already is cute enough.... ImageImage Hihih! ^^
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Image
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
User avatar
Good To Be Bad Girl
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:27 am
Location: Norway \,,/ || Sex/Age: F21 || B-day: 23/10/92

Postby Sooophie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:34 am

His voice cute? I hope it will fit with the costume anyway :lol:
User avatar
Sooophie
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: France

Postby American_MonsterMan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:12 am

Thanks Amen for dropping by and making us :D ! Like always- you're our FAVORITE guitar ripping Mummy!

OTUS voice 'cute' you say.... hmm- I KNEW IT! :lol:

This could mean two things:
(sarcasticly) he has a cute voice. Meaning his voice is brutal, low and raw.
Or he has a funny cute voice because he has a funny cute voice to his costume. :lol: Which really wouldn't surprise me because (and I KNOW I'm not alone) when I very first heard Kita and Awa talk, I :lol: my ass off. They were so high pitched and child like. They sounded so...so...well...um...Suomi. :wink:
American_MonsterMan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, USA

Postby Mooneyman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:32 am

American_MonsterMan wrote:Or he has a funny cute voice because he has a funny cute voice to his costume. :lol: Which really wouldn't surprise me because (and I KNOW I'm not alone) when I very first heard Kita and Awa talk, I :lol: my ass off. They were so high pitched and child like. They sounded so...so...well...um...Suomi. :wink:


I always remember when I first heard Mr. Lordi talk. I've never heard such a ridiculously calm sounding demon with wings in my life. :lol:
Mooneyman
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Postby King » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:02 am

He sounds cute! :lol:
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby Erina » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:20 am

Otus sounds cute? I so gotta hear that!
latua oon lesbo
User avatar
Erina
 
Posts: 4090
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Themyscira

Postby Isa » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:32 am

Now I'm on imagine some fans be there "Ohhhh he's so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee" looking at him like you look at a cute baby

That can destroy the image of a monster :lol:


I guess we should be surprise first time we hear it but after become habit, now I can't imagine Kita with a other voice, the first time I hear it was pretty contrary
Image
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
User avatar
Isa
 
Posts: 5735
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:18 am
Location: Beer country ;) - Sex/Age: F37

Postby Hemitys » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Amen wrote:Fck, I was just about to finish my eurodance-oriented solo album...

;)


Well... I'll be damned!
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
User avatar
Hemitys
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:42 am

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Amen wrote:what comes to a Otus - he is a killer, a real butcher. He is a g-r-e-a-t drummer and don't you worry about his double bass drumming (he can do it with one foot too, if needed) ;)


King owes me $25. Thank you Mr. Amen!
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby monsterboy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:49 pm

yeah Otus is so cool, haven't anny doubts about his style his just awsome. Can't wait to see you live!
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
User avatar
monsterboy
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby miss_brutality » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Thank you Amen :D Now I can't wait to hear him in an interview :)
Forever and Always!
User avatar
miss_brutality
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Postby King » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:
Amen wrote:what comes to a Otus - he is a killer, a real butcher. He is a g-r-e-a-t drummer and don't you worry about his double bass drumming (he can do it with one foot too, if needed) ;)


King owes me $25. Thank you Mr. Amen!


Why so? I've never said he couldn't do double bass drumming. You owe me 1000$ -- Amen said "---or his blast beat taking over Lordi's music - ah nah, never, but of course - every musician sounds different", you just didn't mention it. And who said what? ;)

Thank you Mr. Amen! Cya next year - (hopefully!)
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby Rubenlink » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Just imagine Otus with a squirrel voice... :lol: That WON'T fit him :lol:

Nice to see Amen on the board! :D
Image

RIP Otus!
User avatar
Rubenlink
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:20 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Erina » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Rubenlink wrote:Just imagine Otus with a squirrel voice... :lol: That WON'T fit him :lol:

Oh gods, mental image... That's something I wouldn't wanna hear.
latua oon lesbo
User avatar
Erina
 
Posts: 4090
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Themyscira

Postby Deadly Kid » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Amen wrote:Fck, I was just about to finish my eurodance-oriented solo album...

;)


Whaat? o.O
User avatar
Deadly Kid
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:34 pm
Location: İstanbul/Turkey

Postby Angel Of Death » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Deadly Kid wrote:
Amen wrote:Fck, I was just about to finish my eurodance-oriented solo album...

;)


Whaat? o.O

don't take it that seriously :lol:
Image
User avatar
Angel Of Death
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: lying next to Amen in his tomb - F37

PreviousNext

Return to Members


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron