Monsterboard

Awa will leave the band

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Awa will leave the band

Postby Isa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Lordi’s longtime keyboardist Awa will leave the band. She will be seen on stage for the last time at Simerock in Rovaniemi, Finland on August 11, 2012 when Lordi will be celebrating the band’s 10 year anniversary. Awa joined the band in 2005 and her first Lordi album was the international success record The Arockalypse. Awa has played altogether on three Lordi studio albums.

Awa’s successor, a new keyboardist of the band, has been selected already. The keyboardist will therefore be playing on the band’s next studio album, which is planned for early 2013. Awa will not be heard or seen on the next album or on the next tour. The characters and character names of the new keyboardist and the drummer will be revealed together with new masks and outfits before the release of the band’s next studio album.

Awa tells about her decision as follows: ”Playing in the band has been an incredible experience and clearly one of the best times in my life. I have always been very fond of Lordi, its music and image, and will surely be following news about it closely. The band and the crew were and will always be a second family to me and I will be missing them and our fans greatly. However, seven years in the band has been physically and emotionally very demanding. You have to be in a band like this 100 %. If you are not able to do that anymore, you have to let go and give space for something new.”

“I want to emphasize that I am not going to leave music or making music, because music is the most important thing to me in life. I am on a creative break now, but have several new ideas already. You will hear about them if and when the time is good. I also believe that I can still be seen behind the keyboards some day,” she continues.

The leader of the band, Mr. Lordi states: “We have been discussing this behind the scenes for quite some time, but nobody knew that this year would be this kind of a year of changes for Lordi. Of course you always believe and wish your current line-up would be permanent and final, but these are not issues of faith. Situations change, things happen and plans are renewed. All the rest of us in the band wanted her to go on with us, but we also understand her decision and respect that. We know that this decision was not easy for her either. It took a long time to come to this conclusion.”

“We agreed already earlier, that she will not participate our next album studio sessions. In this case she would have had to hang out with us for the next couple of years. Naturally it would have not been fair to her, to the band or to our fans, “ Mr. Lordi says.

Copy paste from the band site
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Re: Awa will leave the band

Postby Joni Master » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Somehow I understand.
Joni Master

Postby Isa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Me too, in life you sometime need to do some choice 'cos you can't do all
Isa

Postby Joni Master » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Isa wrote:Me too, in life you sometime need to do some choice 'cos you can't do all

And She is has been band since Eurovision so thats quite big time and has been in 3 albums so thats a lot for Me. Bigger time than Enary example.
Joni Master

Postby Angel Of Death » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:30 pm

I wish her all the best in the future...
Angel Of Death

Postby Joni Master » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:34 pm

" I am on a creative break now, but have several new ideas already. You will hear about them if and when the time is good."

I can see Her as good singer also. :roll:

Joni Master

Postby Monsta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Woah, this came as a shock, didn't expect this.
Awa is not irreplaceable as a keyboardist, but this struck me hard anyway ... she was there when I first got interested in Lordi. Kita was too, but him leaving was expected, this though ...
I don't know what to say really, good luck with the future I guess. You will be missed. :(
Monsta

Postby Dr. Sin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Monsta wrote:Woah, this came as a shock, didn't expect this.
Awa is not irreplaceable as a keyboardist, but this struck me hard anyway ... she was there when I first got interested in Lordi. Kita was too, but him leaving was expected, this though ...
I don't know what to say really, good luck with the future I guess. You will be missed. :(

No one is replaceable, actually, I think. Every player has his/her own style, and thus should no one be replaced by anyone. The new keyboardist is a new member, not a replacement. ;)
Sad this is, indeed, though...
Dr. Sin

Postby Kitawa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Whoa, another unexpected news from the band. Lots of big changes have happened during the past few years... first Kita, then Otus and now Awa. From now on my name will be a remembrance of dear ex-members...

It seems that playing in Lordi is really rewarding and demanding at the same time. I'm happy, though, that her leaving has seemingly been decided without any drama. It's great that they have found a new keyboardist already before announcing this. I'm actually happily looking forward seeing the new member(s).

Thankyou dear Lady Awa for everything and good luck with your future career. You are the cutest undead witch I have ever seen. :wink: God bless.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Postby Joni Master » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Dr. Sin wrote:

No one is replaceable, actually, I think. Every player has his/her own style, and thus should no one be replaced by anyone. The new keyboardist is a new member, not a replacement. ;)

Irreplaceable members is Amen and Mr. Lordi, I think. Of course I recpect OX and Awa but they arent members for beginning. I think we gonna see current lineup for next 10 years. Because I think that Lordi, Amen or OX would never leave. Somehow I know allways that Awa and Kita will leave in somepoint.

And I really like this new fresh idea like was in The Arockalypse era when they got 2 new monsters.
Joni Master

Postby Sooophie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Shocked to learn this because Awa was my favorite member in Lordi... Somehow in expected this but I denied it, it's still feels like a pill very hard to swallow... Well, my favorite members Kita and Awa are gone and Lordi won't be the same to me without them in the band... Of course, the band keeps going, they will carry on and they will make it through these hard times. But yeah, it won't be the same to me. I'm sad because I've never met her, but somehow I can understand her decision... I will definitly miss the only girl in the band.

EDIT : Joni, it's not because Awa isn't a member since the beginning or that she was discreet that it means she is replacable... She said she had a great time in the band, she enjoyed playing with them and I'm sure she was involved. Yes, she was discreet but you don't know what's happening backsatage... If you read correctly, she didn't want to penalize the band. She had her own character, her own style such as Enary did. And the new monster will have his own character too, so it means they will be different.
Last edited by Sooophie on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sooophie

Postby Kitawa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Joni Master wrote:And I really like this new fresh idea like was in The Arockalypse era when they got 2 new monsters.

Me too. =)

But anything can happen to anyone, it's not necessarily about the will to leave the band, like in the case of Otus :cry: So we can never know about tomorrow. I'm happy though that the band hasn't given up, even after so many major changes during the past few years. Good luck for the new monsters! 8)
Kitawa

Postby comite1040 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:19 pm

I didn't expect to see such shocking news. But I can understand her decision, and would pray luck for her brand new days. Lady Awa is my most favorite member in Lordi even after she leaves the band :( Of course, I would welcome the new keyboardist, and get to like her/ him. But still, I will miss Lady Awa so much.

She is the member who seemed to join the band in near period that I got to know the band. At least, thanks to her, I could start feeling special for the band. If she's not in there, I would not show such respect and affection to them.
But in the same time, I cannot help feeling her decision is much better for her than staying in the band. To tell the truth, I don't think the band could let Lady Awa show her ability enough. So, for her future, I think it is necessary decision to leave the band.

If possible, I want to see Lady Awa in brand new situation in someday :)
バカで実にサーセンww
comite1040

Postby Joni Master » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Joni Master

Postby Monsta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Dr. Sin wrote:

What I meant was that she did not make any huge musical impact in keyboardplaying nor songwriting. Same goes for Kita. Otus however did have his unique style compared to the standards of Lordi which I would have loved to hear on the new album, which makes him more missed and "irreplaceable" than Awa as a musician. She was a great keyboard and pianoplayer, but she didn't really stand out. But as comite said above, it is hard to stand out as a keyboardist, it's pretty much a "background role" in an aspect.
Monsta

Postby Isa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Joni Master wrote:http://nyt.fi/20120725-lordin-jaettaevaen-awan-seuraaja-on-myoes-nainen/

More info, use translate.

It should have learn us that successor is again a lady, she's in band since May-June and can be Awa go life in Italy

It's pretty all what I have can understand via Google and who say Google say "not sure translation is correct"
Isa

Postby Kitawa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Monsta wrote:What I meant was that she did not make any huge musical impact in keyboardplaying nor songwriting. Same goes for Kita. Otus however did have his unique style compared to the standards of Lordi which I would have loved to hear on the new album, which makes him more missed and "irreplaceable" than Awa as a musician.

Don't say that. Without Kita there wouldn't have been "standard of Lordi" for Otus to expand. And as Mr. Lordi himself has said (not necessarily with these words but smthing like this), the band would never have become professional without Kita, who pushed the guys to work on it. I guess the later days of Kita in Lordi were somehow lame, I guess his interests were already in his solo project, but he had a huge impact in the band, there's no denying that. However I agree on what you're saying about Awa, at some level at least.
Kitawa

Postby Heavyalist » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:38 pm

My favorite members were always Kita, Awa, Mr. Lordi, Amen and Ox. When they won Eurovision I first heard of Lordi and became a fan. It's just so sad. First Kita and now Awa. I hope Amen and Ox will never leave. I wish Awa the best in the future. She was one of a kind. I still remember her stabbing that dancing zombie on the concert. I guess this is goodbye to her.
Heavyalist

Postby Kitawa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Isa wrote:
Joni Master wrote:http://nyt.fi/20120725-lordin-jaettaevaen-awan-seuraaja-on-myoes-nainen/

More info, use translate.

It should have learn us that successor is again a lady, she's in band since May-June and can be Awa go life in Italy

It's pretty all what I have can understand via Google and who say Google say "not sure translation is correct"

I guess I can help with that, being native Finnish speaker. Just a moment.
Kitawa

Postby ksco » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Like in 2005... 2 members out (Kalma and Enary, now is Awa and Otus[RIP])
ksco

Postby Monsta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Kitawa wrote:Don't say that. Without Kita there wouldn't have been "standard of Lordi" for Otus to expand. And as Mr. Lordi himself has said (not necessarily with these words but smthing like this), the band would never have become professional without Kita, who pushed the guys to work on it. I guess the later days of Kita in Lordi were somehow lame, I guess his interests were already in his solo project, but he had a huge impact in the band, there's no denying that. However I agree on what you're saying about Awa, at some level at least.

Hm, you may be right. I meant drumming wise though, Kita was a good drummer but not much more than that. How much impact on the band he had otherwise I have no idea about.
Monsta

Postby Kitawa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Lordin kosketinsoittaja Awa soittaa viimeisen keikan Euroviisu-voittajien kanssa bändin 10-vuotiskeikalla elokuisessa Simerockissa.

Sen jälkeen 228-vuotiasta Awa-zombia esittävä Leena Peisa hyvästelee hirviöpuvun ja muuttaa ehkä Italiaan.

”Ei tähän muuta draamaa liity kuin että suruttaa”, sanoo yhtyeen johtohahmo Mr. Lordi eli Tomi Putaansuu puhelimessa.

”Rukoiltiin poikien kanssa polvillaan, että jäisit nyt, jäisit, mutta yksityiselämän kuviot tulivat väliin. Ei tässä mitään olisi, jos bändihommat olisivat pelkästään musan tekemistä. Mutta on näitä rundeja ja paskaisia takahuoneita, kaikki ei jaksa sellaista kokoajan”, Putaansuu jatkaa.

Lordi's keyboardist Awa plays her last show with the Eurovision winners at the band's 10th anniversary concert in August in Simerock.

After that 228-year-old Awa-zombie Leena Peisa says farewell to the monster suit and possibly moves to Italy.

"There's no drama included except feeling sad" says band leader Mr. Lordi a.k.a. Tomi Putaansuu on the phone.

"We prayed on our knees with the boys, c'mon please stay, don't leave, but the private life became a barrier. There wouldn't be a problem if the band stuff was only about making music. But there are also these tours and dirty backstage rooms, and not all people can take that all the time, "Putaansuu continues.

TBC
Last edited by Kitawa on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kitawa

Postby Kitawa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Esimerkiksi Type-o-Negativen kanssa tehdyn jenkkikiertueen keikat vedettiin prätkäjengien klubeilla.

”Paikat olivat ihan hirveässä kunnossa. Ja eräällä New Yorkin keikalla ei ollut takahuonetta ollenkaan, vaan maskit piti laittaa bussissa. Kaupunki ei kuitenkaan antanut pitää bussissa valoja, joten ähräsimme kamat päälle taskulampun valossa”, Leena Peisa muistelee.

Peisa on reissannut viime vuodet vähän väliä Italiassa poikaystävän luona. Nyt hän aikoo opetella kielen ja päättää, kumpaan maahan asettuu.

”Elämäntilanteet muuttuvat. Rokkielämä on niin kokonaisvaltaista, siinä ei ole tilaa muulle. Sitten kun ei enää pysty antamaan itsestään kaikkea, etääntyy muusta bändistä”, Peisa sanoo.

For example, the American tour gigs with Type O-Negative were played at bike gang clubs.

"Places were in pretty terrible condition. And at one of New York gigs there was no backstage room at all, and the masks had to be put on in the bus. However, the city didn't allow to keep the lights on the in bus, so we fought the costumes on in the light of a flashlight," Leena Peisa recalls.

In recent years Peisa has traveled every so often in Italy visiting her boyfriend. Now she plans to learn the language and decide which of the two countries to settle in.

"The life situations change. Rock life is so comprehensive, it does not have room for anything else. When you are no longer able to provide everything of yourself to it, you're starting to alienate from the rest of the band ", says Peisa.

TBC
Kitawa

Postby Kitawa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Lähtö tuli ajankohtaiseksi nyt, kun bändi ryhtyy nauhoittamaan uutta levyään. Lordiin valitiin uusi kosketinsoittaja jo touko-kesäkuun vaihteessa, mutta hänen nimensä ja hahmonsa paljastetaan vasta uuden levyn ilmestymisen yhteydessä ensi vuoden alussa.

Mutta nainen hän on, kuten molemmat edellisetkin kiipparistit.

”On hyvä, että meillä on vähän munaakin mukana”, Tomi Putaansuu sanoo.

”Eli nainen pitämässä jöötä.”

Simerock järjestetään Rovaniemellä 10.–11.8.

Leaving the band became timely now, when the band is gonna start recording their new album. A new keyboardist was chosen for Lordi already at the turn of May to June, but her name and character is not revealed until the release of the new album early next year.

But a woman she is, like the previous two keybordists.

"It is good that we have some balls with us," says Tomi Putaansuu.

"In other words, a woman ruling the roost."

Simerock is being held in Rovaniemi Augusth 10th-11th.

END

You're welcome.
Last edited by Kitawa on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kitawa

Postby Sooophie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks Kitawa! I'm glas it's still a woman behind the keyboards and that there still will be this female presence in the band :D
Sooophie

Next

Return to Members