Monsterboard

Awa will leave the band

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Awa will leave the band

Postby Awa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Hello everybody

The final decision is done and said it out loud. I’m leaving. This was probably one of the biggest and hardest decisions I’ve done so far in my life but it had to be done. These thoughts, feelings and doubts have been little by little starting to kind of grow in my mind. And you know, you can’t fool yourself forever and stop your inner voice telling you that you are not anymore in the right place and you are not happy to the direction your life is going. A couple of years already I’ve felt that I can’t give Lordi anymore what it takes and what it needs. Not fully. And that’s not good for anybody, not to the band and not the fans. And not to myself of course either.

Now, it’s understandable, everybody wants to know “why, what’s the reason?” Unfortunately there’s not a simple black and white answer to that. Let’s just say that there were less and less plusses and an increasing amount of minuses for me to continue in the band anymore. Seven years I’ve been with Lordi, seven wonderful but also very demanding years. We’ve experienced our ups and downs and for sure Lordi has taught me many big lessons in life and given opportunities and chances that I could have only dreamt of before. And I forever appreciate it all. But now I guess I’ve become old :) I wanna stabilize my life. I want to get a better and balanced relationship with my work life, private life and free time. Maybe I still have also some other ambitions and dreams that I want to try to achieve in my life like songwriting. Also my body is demanding a break from my so beautiful but heavy costume.

Some of you already know that at the moment I’m spending most of my time in Italy where I have an interesting band house project going on and also quite a special guy to spend time with ;) But I want to remind you that I’m such a tough chick that there ain’t no man or anybody for whom I would give up on my biggest dreams or career so don’t blame on anybody else about my decision. It was me who did it :oops: In any case hopefully I can let you to listen my new songs in the future, I’ll inform you the minute we’ll do anything worth publishing for. Hopefully soon!

Anyway, most importantly I want to thank you all monster maniacs for supporting me so overwhelmingly nicely all these past years. It’s been so great to see you in our shows rockin’ with us! The best thing has been to watch you all from the stage enjoying the show. And also I’m not forgetting how much you’ve been supporting and helping us to spread the word in different ways to keep this Lordi family tight, big and strong :) It has meant a lot I can tell you! Thanks also so much for all the gifts and letters and messages I’ve gotten from many of you during these years. Unfortunately it appeared to be impossible to answer back to all of you but it doesn’t mean that I didn’t see them all and appreciate them much! And the final last thanks also for your kind words for me now that I’m quitting. I will also miss you very much! Let’s keep in touch!!!

A very big thanks to Mr. Lordi, Amen, OX, Otus (R.I.P.), the new yet anonymous drummer monster ;) Kita and Kalma. It has been quite a ride guys, hasn’t it?!?! Don’t forget me, we have too much in common! :D

Now boys and girls, let’s do it one more time in Simerock, Rovaniemi Finland 11th of August where the restless soul, her Countess Lady Awa will play her keyboards for the last time before she will vanish in the mist of damnation. Continuing her everlasting search to make the atonement and find peace.

It’s soon time to welcome the new lady monster on stage. All the be(a)st for you girl and most of all: enjoy the ride!!!

Yours truly,
Awa

Awa
Ex-keyboards

Re: Awa will leave the band

Postby Isa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:26 pm

I think big majority of us have can understand decision. Just be happy and no one have to blame a man for just make you happy :wink:

We hope can still listen to your music, discover this side of you more

Good luck for your futur
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby miss_brutality » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 am

I understand and support your decision :) You'll always be a part of Lordi in my eyes. Good luck with your future projects and personal life :) And know that Monstermaniacs will never forget you! <3
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby dark_havens » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:07 am

Yes, we understand you, Awa :) We all know that it was your own decision and whatever happens, we support you with that. You will always be an important part of our lives and have a place in our hearts. I wish you all the best and good luck with your future projects.

Goodbye, Lady Awa! We Monstermaniacs love you, always and forever <3
A mummified soul
dark_havens

Postby tsark » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:36 am

Congratulations on your new stuff and thank you for giving us all some awesome memories! :D
tsark

Postby BloodRedSandgirl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:02 am

Thanks for all the years you've spent with us in Lordi, and i wish you well in your future :) Keep on rocking, and i will see you in Simerock next week!
Ya better pucker up, and open wide, and take it cause we love you
BloodRedSandgirl

Postby Monsta » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:50 am

Thanks for being a part of this band that I love so much, and massive good luck with the future Awa!
Monsta

Postby Sooophie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 am

Awa. We won't forget you and what you have done in the band. We Will miss you for sure!!! I really appreciate your message, you explained it all to the fans, it's very nice from you! Now, good luck and all the best, Lady Awa and most important : enjoy your life in Italy, make your dreams come true and do whatever you want to do now that you feel free! Hope to hear from you soon!
Sooophie

Postby MonsterMonster21 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Awa
i would like to say thank you for being in the band for 7 brilliant years and giving fan's something to look up to.I know me and lot's of other fans are upset and sad about you're departure (i don't know how lozzy's coping with this) but we will support you in all your decisions you make with or without lordi. I would also like to welcome you if you choose to become a member of the monsterboard to check out other lordi updates.Thanx again and i hope to see you in future in different projects :mrgreen:

From MonsterMonster21
It was hate at first sight for us darling,The lady and the tramp rabid and snarling,
Awkward lovers and charmers worth mauling,It's a match made in hell, cupid's squalling
MonsterMonster21

Postby comite1040 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Dear Lady Awa
I'd like to say thanks to you as you performed in LORDI as a scary but cute she-monster. I'm sure I'd not be a fan of LORDI if you were not in there. I always admired how you're a tough one as you played keyboards with heavy costume. I guess it must be hard task even for a man to wear breath-preventing mask and heavy costume.
You'll be my most favorite monster of the band even you leave. Then, I would love to pray your brand new days will be filled with every kind of happy events. And I wish we'll be able to listen to your songs in near future.
バカで実にサーセンww
comite1040

Postby Joni Master » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Im so happy that I managed met Awa live in 2007. :) But Im little bit disappoiment that I didnt managed get all albums signed by Awa. (only The Arockalypse) :|
Joni Master

Postby PEML94 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm so sad I never got to meet you. I've seen you three times, but never managed to meet anyone except mr Lordi. :|

All the best to you Awa, you will be missed <3
PEML94

Return to Members