Monsterboard

KITA says HELLO!

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

KITA says HELLO!

Postby Kita » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:52 pm

Hello There!

Kita has finally landed here on the board. How you're all doing? This month the album, Get Heavy, is supposed to come out here in Europe. The germans have already got theirs. Have anyone outside Finland seen either of our videos?
Please give us your opinions of about Lordi, anything that comes into your minds .

Rock on
-KITA
Kita
Ex-drums

Postby progcop » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:54 am

Hi Kita!

I live in the USA and have seen both Lordi videos online. Both rule! I especially like the way you raise your head straight up in the air and expose your teeth! You look tough playing the drums!

Keep looking cool!
ALL HAIL MAGNUM - FOREVER!

progcop

Postby Heavy Metal Samurai » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:05 pm

I have heard the songs and seen the video's too. Really great work, I hope you guys get the recognition that you deserve.

I still can't get the CD in Britain, but I don't think I will be able to for a while, I'll probably end up getting it on-line.

Keep up the good work, you guys(and girl too, of course) will be huge :D

Stay Heavy \m/
Let the world hear these words once more:
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norseman"
Heavy Metal Samurai

Postby MetalBeast » Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:03 pm

Heavy Metal Samurai wrote:I still can't get the CD in Britain, but I don't think I will be able to for a while, I'll probably end up getting it on-line.

Get it from Nuclear Blast they have it at the lowest price I've seen so far. Buying from there is usually a lot cheaper than buying from anywhere in the UK, I get most of my more recent metal (stuff from about 1997 onwards) from there.

Kita, now you've landed on earth are you gonna get revenge on Arnie Schwartzenegger and Danny Glover for killing your cousins ? LOL!
MetalBeast

Postby Sartyrio » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:42 am

heeeeyho, Kita !

Why don't you give us a little overview over your drumming carreer and equipment? =)
Oh, and: how the hell can you perform 50 minutes with full force under that costume without dying of a system overheat =).

Lotsa greetings ! Sartyrio.
--

Well I ain't evil, I'm just good lookin' !
Sartyrio

Postby Kita » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:05 pm

MetalBeast wrote:Kita, now you've landed on earth are you gonna get revenge on Arnie Schwartzenegger and Danny Glover for killing your cousins ? LOL!

Who are those Arnie n' Danny. Do they have anything to do with finnish Armi and Danny? 8) But seriously, those creatures that you are refering. Hmmm, They are lower cast :wink:
Kita
Ex-drums

Postby Kita » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:24 pm

Sartyrio wrote:heeeeyho, Kita !

Why don't you give us a little overview over your drumming carreer and equipment? =)
Oh, and: how the hell can you perform 50 minutes with full force under that costume without dying of a system overheat =).

I've been playin drums about 14 years. But there were years that I didn't touch them much. I'm actually a former drummer who has returned to his dearest hobby. My main instrument is my voice, surprise surprise. If you have noticed I've sung most of the backing vocs on the album.

I've just bought the new drum set. Yamaha recording custom with one bass drum + 4 toms. I don't like double bass drum sets, but I do have double pedal. I'm also buying new Sabian symbals.

And what comes with the performing... I just say that It's life, but of course I have to drink lots of water during the set.

Keep on rockin'

- KITA :mrgreen:
Kita
Ex-drums

Postby Dark Decayer » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:02 pm

So, it's Kita that plays the drums... YOU ROCK KITA!! And I heard the backing vocals and I thought it was one of the guitar players... but it was the drummer!! That rocks!! It sounds like one of the characters from The Nightmare before Christmas. Lordi rocks! I love this band.
Dark Decayer

Postby Kita » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:11 pm

Of course it was me :) Guitar players can't do it like drummers... :wink:
Kita does not need anybody but Shadaim!
Kita
Ex-drums

Postby Sartyrio » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:46 pm

*agrees with Kita* as I keep telling my guitarplayers all the time: Only drummers do "it" right ;) *sings WASP* I'm an animal....
--

Sartyrio

Postby Sartyrio » Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:21 pm

btw. Kita: a thing I was wondering about:

How heavy is that costume of yours ?
--

Sartyrio

Postby Leviathan » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:27 pm

Also do you think all drummers are crazy in some way or is that just a vicious rumour? :roll:
The suffering...
Leviathan

Postby Sartyrio » Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:00 am

It's true... says my Doctor :)
--

Sartyrio

Postby Gorgon » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:16 pm

Hey Kita, I love how you get the rythms so groovy. I can hear you are using some sort of shaker to pump up the rythms more than the hihat can. Is this something you added with the help from a computer, or do you play shakers on top of the mix? How is this solved when you play live?

It seems the activity is a bit down for the moment... And Kita is probably occupied with tours/other stuff.. So if any of you others have views on this, please reply!

regards
Gorgon
Gorgon

Postby Leviathan » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:14 pm

Gorgon wrote:Hey Kita, I love how you get the rythms so groovy. I can hear you are using some sort of shaker to pump up the rythms more than the hihat can. Is this something you added with the help from a computer, or do you play shakers on top of the mix? How is this solved when you play live?

It seems the activity is a bit down for the moment... And Kita is probably occupied with tours/other stuff.. So if any of you others have views on this, please reply!

regards
Gorgon

Or when they are not Lordi they are ordenary humans whit lifes just like Werewolfs!
The suffering...
Leviathan

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:47 pm

Yo Kita, just gotta say you Rock, You say you do most of the backing in the album? Then I just wanted to know if in the Chorus of Devil is a loser, is it you singing the loudest behind Lordi's voice? If so I just gotta say that you got a magnificent voice ^^.
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Sartyrio » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:27 am

Gorgon wrote:Hey Kita, I love how you get the rythms so groovy. I can hear you are using some sort of shaker to pump up the rythms more than the hihat can. Is this something you added with the help from a computer, or do you play shakers on top of the mix? How is this solved when you play live?

That "shaker thing" is quite common practise in studios around the world :). It's usually used to fill slower rhythms (as most of the lordi songs employ) with that edge that makes them carry the song on.
From what I've seen and heard live of lordi, they don't pump it with shakers. Then again: Live sound usually is so raw and powerful anyways that there's one hell of groove-juice coming out the speakers with every punch of the bassdrum anyhow - no need for shakers :).

byeya! - Sarty
--

Sartyrio

Postby President Bush » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:08 am

It's pretty cool that you guys chat with the fans. Are you guys thinking about touring the US, you guys should come here. That would be a real test, I'm sure you guys would sell out some pretty fucking big theaters.
click my sig!
President Bush

Kita

Postby Monster Freak » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:37 am

you ROCK. it is one thing to play drums, but to get into it as much as you do, its like...DAMN. i love your mask and personality and stuff the best out the the group, mainly because it looks the most realistic and bloody, muhahaha. lol. i have a question too. How did you come up with Kita? i mean, how did you become the extraterrestrial man-beast?
Monster Freak

Postby Deimos » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:48 pm

Happy Birthday, Kita!
Stay healthy and keep on rockin´!! :twisted:
THE BLACKNESS COMES
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
... THE BLADE IS GONNA RIDE!
Deimos

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:22 pm

Have a Hell of a Birthday Kita :twisted: .
Stay heavy and keep on ROCKIN!!.
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Kalhaedron » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:55 pm

Hello Kita!
I really like your snaredrum sound. What kind of a snare is it.
Kalhaedron

Postby kerry » Thu May 06, 2004 4:57 pm

Hey Kita how are you doing? Who do you think is the world's greatest drummers apart from yourself and your drumming rocks
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
kerry

Postby Fallen One » Fri May 07, 2004 6:18 pm

Hello

I'm from Belgium, and I must say that I've only seen your video's on your website. I hope I'm not offending the webmaster by saying this, but I do feel that the concept of the television (although it is a nice idea) isn't all that great, I find it really hard to watch such great video clips on such a small screen.
And we don't get any of your video clips on our Belgium music television channels, which I honestly think is a big downer. I love your music, and although I can't quite make that much of your videoclips (due to them being small), I feel that they are mint!

Second of all, why isn't there any Lordi Merchandising in Belgium? I've never seen a CD of yours, nore a poster / posterflag / puppet in any store that I've visited. Though I am very grateful to have a Finnish friend who provided me with your CD 'Get Heavy' and the matching posterflag, I think it's a pitty that I can't buy anything else of you here in Belgium.

And about the tours, I don't think that you're planning of doing some other European countries any time soon? I'd love to see you perform live on stage, but I simply can't make it to Germany nor Austria.

Hmm, a big critic aren't I? ... Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean any harm.

I love you guys! You're great!
Keep up the good work!

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sun May 09, 2004 1:01 pm

You do have some good points Oh Fallen one :P .
( no offence meant )
But I guess the reason the music videos are on that tiny television is for more of a preview reason, whats the use in buying the official music disc to get the video if you could watch it online. so I guess thats why Lordi did it like that.
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Next

Return to Members