A second guitarist?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes : 179

Postby Thomas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 pm

AAore wrote:
Thomas wrote:And for the second guitarplayer question: ONLY if it was me, jamming with them at a gig, just for one time ;) That would be cool xD

NOOOOOOO, MEEEEE It's a competition xD The first one playing with them wins xD

Haha alright xD
Thomas

Postby PEML94 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Isa wrote:Maybe it should be better if it was say "the best for me" 'cos for most it's say so he's the best for them but doesn't mean they considere him like best guitarist of the world, even some certainly mind he is.

Yeah, for me, Amen is the best guitarist! :D
PEML94

Postby Fiorel » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Just wondering: Why are so many people saying that Amen is the best guitarplayer? He's not bad, but he's an average guitarplayer ;)

For me Amen is the best 'cause it's not a technical difficulties in song who make a good guitarplayer, it's just the Riff And the Rythm so if you want i say For ME Amen is the best guitarplayer.
Give your life for Rock N Roll
Your soul shall live on
Give your life for Rock N Roll
You never be gone!
Fiorel

Postby _SYNDICATE_ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Fiorel wrote:
Just wondering: Why are so many people saying that Amen is the best guitarplayer? He's not bad, but he's an average guitarplayer ;)

For me Amen is the best 'cause it's not a technical difficulties in song who make a good guitarplayer, it's just the Riff And the Rythm so if you want i say For ME Amen is the best guitarplayer.

Everyone has their own opinion, so it's no big deal about that what people says that Amen is the best guitar player for them. For example I love John Fursciante, but he's not the best guitar player, it's just my opinion.
_SYNDICATE_

Postby Bach » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:35 pm

Let's face it,Amen doesn't have a virtuoso technique.But he is a guitar player who plays good..it fits the band.It's important that it sounds nice,not if it has 30 notes per seconds in the solo..shredders suck...
But Amen sounds nice.
Bach

Postby Thomas » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:56 pm

Bach wrote:Let's face it,Amen doesn't have a virtuoso technique.But he is a guitar player who plays good..it fits the band.It's important that it sounds nice,not if it has 30 notes per seconds in the solo..shredders suck...
But Amen sounds nice.

Shredders doesn't sucks if they can shred.. :roll:
Thomas

Postby Bach » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Becoming a shredder is easy..you just need a metronome..
There is no music in their solos.that's what I think.Speed doesn't matter.simple things are the best.Beethoven's 5th symphony,the beginning,so simple,but so effective.
That's my opinion,guitarists like Mark Knopfler,Eric Clapton etc. and Amen for that matter don't seem good in young people's minds because they are not fast.
Bach

Postby Thomas » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Bach wrote:Becoming a shredder is easy..you just need a metronome..
There is no music in their solos.that's what I think.Speed doesn't matter.simple things are the best.Beethoven's 5th symphony,the beginning,so simple,but so effective.
That's my opinion,guitarists like Mark Knopfler,Eric Clapton etc. and Amen for that matter don't seem good in young people's minds because they are not fast.

Uhm.. Haha okay, if you say so.. I can't wait to see your shredding videoes on Youtube soon! (because it is SOOOO easy to become a shredder) :)

And no music in shredding? Open up your ears man ;)
Thomas

Postby Bach » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Thomas wrote:
Bach wrote:Becoming a shredder is easy..you just need a metronome..

Uhm.. Haha okay, if you say so.. I can't wait to see your shredding videoes on Youtube soon! (because it is SOOOO easy to become a shredder) :)

And no music in shredding? Open up your ears man ;)

Well,Steve Vai is good,Joe Satriani,besides that I can't think of any talented shredder.But it's my opinion,I am a classically trained musician,so you can't blame me.And about the shredding videos,nah,didn't even bother spending days in my bedroom playing a scale up and down,and increasing speed when i am comforable.
Bach

Postby PEML94 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Please take that discussion on PM, and not here. :wink:
PEML94

Postby King » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:25 pm

I didn't think I'd say this, ever, but I agree Bach - and Thomas.
I agree Bach that most young people think that a musician (especially guitarists) isn't good just because he's not fast. And I agree Thomas in that it is hard to become a fast player (of course).
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Re: Would you like a second guitarist?

Postby Arwiel » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Robmayn wrote:Ok, we all know something, and it is that Lordi is a COOL band, but what i have realized, and many of you have too, i think. Is that this in of the little metal bands with only one guitarist. Now, IMO, i dunno you, would like to see what will happen had a second guitarist, this to have a lead guitarist, being followed by the rythm. I really don't care if Mr. Amen would be lead, or rythm, just would like to see what happens. What do you think? Thoughts?

I think Amen is amazing and One guitarist in Lordi is enough for me, that's my thought. He is a amazing guitarplayer.<3<3
"The pain needs music from Lordi to be conquered, or else I wouldn't be able to bear it."
Arwiel

Postby Höllenfürst » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 am

When Amen has a collegue he has more time for posing :D
Höllenfürst

Postby PEML94 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Höllenfürst wrote:When Amen has a collegue he has more time for posing :D

I think he's doing a f*cking great job with that anyway :wink:
PEML94

Postby Höllenfürst » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 pm

But a second guitar player can make the gigs more deversify and the rythm guitar won't be playback in the future...
Höllenfürst

Postby Thomas » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Höllenfürst wrote:But a second guitar player can make the gigs more deversify and the rythm guitar won't be playback in the future...

7 members on the stage.. To much if you ask me

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby Rubenlink » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Thomas wrote:
Höllenfürst wrote:But a second guitar player can make the gigs more deversify and the rythm guitar won't be playback in the future...

Don't you mean 6? Mr. Lordi, Amen, Awa, Otus and Ox are 5, so with a second guitarist it would be 6. Wow, I'm pretty good at maths! :lol:

RIP Otus!
Rubenlink

Postby anushka » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 pm

But still if they would play on the stages like this tour it´s too many people on one stage :lol:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Isa » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Thomas wrote:

My favorite band have 7 members :lol:

But yes on some stage it should be definitly a nightmare for our jumping mummy if they should be so much :twisted:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby miss_brutality » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Isa wrote:
Thomas wrote:

My favorite band have 7 members :lol:

But yes on some stage it should be definitly a nightmare for our jumping mummy if they should be so much :twisted:

Damn one of my favourite bands has 9 members :lol: .. or had ...
But naah Lordi doesn't need another guitarist Amen more than enough :D
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby judge death » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:15 am

Hmm is not sure but I think it worked fine when Kalma played back up guitar to Amens lead at the London gig some years ago. :) But yeah, I think there isn´t enough space at some gigs to be more than 5, but it´s not impossible but Amen is enough. :P
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Thomas » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:28 am

Rubenlink wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Don't you mean 6? Mr. Lordi, Amen, Awa, Otus and Ox are 5, so with a second guitarist it would be 6. Wow, I'm pretty good at maths! :lol:

Oh hell.... :oops:

:lol:

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby Höllenfürst » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 am

Another Bands have 6 members too and must play at more little stages...
Höllenfürst

Re: Would you like a second guitarist?

Postby Dischord » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm in concurrence as well, if it ain't broke don't fix it...

My current job we have the opposite mantra...if it ain't broke fix it til it is
Lots of Dean guitars, all of them pointy
Dischord

Previous

Return to Members