Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

A second guitarist?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes : 179

Postby Doomality » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Kalma sometimes plays rhythm guitar in live encores. :!:
Doomality

Postby psyanide » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Doomality wrote:Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Kalma sometimes plays rhythm guitar in live encores. :!:

He did that once. On the last gig of Bringing Back The Balls To Europe -tour in London, Halloween 2006. That appearance was a surprise to the audience and the band. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon again. But like they say; never say never...

A few photos I shot during that gig (including Kalma) can be found on the bottom of this page: http://www.monsterdiscohell.com/index.h ... europe2006

He played the second bass in Would You Love A Monsterman? in Nosturi, Helsinki in March 2006. Also, some photos from that gig: http://www.monsterdiscohell.com/index.h ... vat_bbtbtf
Last edited by psyanide on Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
psyanide
Site Admin

Postby grims » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Doomality wrote:Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Kalma sometimes plays rhythm guitar in live encores. :!:

Well correct me If I'm wrong he played encore once and it was bass not guitar :wink:
grims

Postby S92 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:40 pm

grims wrote:

Well correct me If I'm wrong he played encore once and it was bass not guitar :wink:

Actually, as psyanide said, he played rhythm guitar in London. He played bass in Nosturi.

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby grims » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:46 pm

S92 wrote:
grims wrote:

Actually, as psyanide said, he played rhythm guitar in London. He played bass in Nosturi.

S92

Yeah ,what did I say?XD
grims

Postby S92 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Ah sorry, I misread it. I thought you meant that he didn't play guitar on the encores, only bass.

Silly me! :P

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby grims » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:50 pm

S92 wrote:Ah sorry, I misread it. I thought you meant that he didn't play guitar on the encores, only bass.

Silly me! :P

S92

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!
grims

Postby Metal Reaper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:11 pm

personally i think it would be awesome to see Kalma come back into the band as a rhythm guitarist, thereby freeing up Amen to do some solos. i think why many don't want another guitarist is because they're afraid the band would get someone brand new, but if they knew it was Kalma let's say i think they would be all for it. from what i hear Kalma does pretty good on rhythm guitar, so i'd be all for it as long as he was the 2nd guitarist.
-would you love a monsterman
could you understand beauty of the beast?
-proud member of the Lordi Cult
Metal Reaper

Postby Isa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:25 am

A lot are here on speak from Kalma, should be nice he come back for play guitar and so on.

But let's be realist, if he have quiet the band, it's 'cos he don't mind on coming back, others he shouldn't have quiet.

Their is a big difference between do some show sometime and be a complet members

I understand some want he come back, I should appreciate it too but yeah not for that we can't be realist
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Metal Reaper » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:10 pm

from what i understand he quit because of some personal issues, not because he didn't want to be in the band. so if it was with no bad blood between him and the members that he left, i don't see why they wouldn't want him to be back in the band as a second guitarist.
Metal Reaper

Postby Isa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:29 pm

I think, but it's only my vision, that if he had mind that those personnal reason should can make that a day, he should be back in band, he should have say it. 'Cos like you say he don't go away with bad blood and he still like and should always like Lordi.
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby McQuade » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:33 pm

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before!
Kalma coming back to Lordi as a rythm guitarist has been a daydream of mine for a while. I think it would perfect Lordi's live sound.
I think they sometimes use playback recordings of guitars because Amen can't possibly play them all live, a second guitarist would be helpful.

Kalma didn't quit Lordi because he didn't like being in the band, and he didn't have any problems with any of the members, at least that I know of. He quit due to personal reasons.
According to Mie Oon Lordi, he regrets it a little bit.

But I don't see this happening though, Mr. Lordi has said that once you quit, there's no coming back. He also said that 5 members is the maximum they will have, six would be too much.

One can always dream though...
McQuade

Postby Metal Reaper » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:38 pm

well there's always the chance he'll change his mind, and i'm certainly hoping he does.
Metal Reaper

Postby Hemitys » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Metal Reaper wrote:well there's always the chance he'll change his mind, and i'm certainly hoping he does.

Mr. Lordi said in the Mie Oon Lordi-book that once you leave Lordi, there is no going back. Of course anything is possible but I think it's highly unlikely that Kalma would ever return as a permanent member.

IMHO if they ever took a sixth member to the group, even for the live shows, I think Kalma should be the only real option. He's a great guy and possibly the coolest Lordi character ever.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Metal Reaper » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:23 pm

Hemitys wrote:
Metal Reaper wrote:well there's always the chance he'll change his mind, and i'm certainly hoping he does.

Mr. Lordi said in the Mie Oon Lordi-book that once you leave Lordi, there is no going back. Of course anything is possible but I think it's highly unlikely that Kalma would ever return as a permanent member.

IMHO if they ever took a sixth member to the group, even for the live shows, I think Kalma should be the only real option. He's a great guy and possibly the coolest Lordi character ever.

exactly he's one of my favorite members, and you're also right in that he's the only real option if they get a 2nd guitarist. frankly i know quite a few people who would love to see Kalma make a return to the band on a permanent basis. *crosses fingers*
Metal Reaper

Postby The 13th Nightmare » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:05 am

I'd have to agree with that. I am happy to see the band as a group of five, just feels right. But for the past week or so I have been wondering what the band would be like if they decided to add another guitarist. I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but if they were going to add another member, I would love it if Kalma was to return and become the sixth member of the band.
Heaven Doesn't Want Me Because I'm Too Evil. And Hell Doesn't Want Me Because They Are Afraid I'll Take Over
My Twitter
The 13th Nightmare

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Wed May 21, 2008 11:35 am

S92 wrote:Actually, as psyanide said, he played rhythm guitar in London. He played bass in Nosturi.

S92

Pardon me for going off topic, but what's really the difference between a guitar, a rythm guitar, and a bass :?? Never really understood that, heh.

Anyways, I think a second guitarist could've been cool actually.. More monsters on the stage! :P
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Thomas » Thu May 22, 2008 9:52 am

Bass has 4 strings, and play the main rhythm, and has the darkest sound. Rhythm guitar is the guitarplayer who plays riffs. Lead guitars does the solos.
Thomas

Postby children of the night » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:42 pm

I hope Mr.Kalma returns as a rhythm guitar but i dont think he will :cry: he's with another band
children of the night

Postby pessimistic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 am

Thomas wrote:Bass has 4 strings, and play the main rhythm, and has the darkest sound. Rhythm guitar is the guitarplayer who plays riffs. Lead guitars does the solos.

...bass can have even five or six strings... but yeah, the biggest difference is in the sound (and that'S caused by the thickness of the strings - so bass has the deeper tune).
Don't ask me if I'm crazy - the answer is: yes...
pessimistic

Postby pessimistic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:06 am

If there was another guitarist, I'd take him into our band :D (sorry, just a stupid gag - we're searchin' for a good guitarist for a long time...)

I don't think it's a good idea - two guitarists at this band - they already have keyboards, so it's instead of the rhytm guitar - and I think it'S OK, lady Awa is really great and if Mr.Lordi wouldn't be satisfied with how the band sounds, he'd take some more musicians into...
pessimistic

Postby Mooneyman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:33 pm

I think, personally, much more guitar could kinda overpower the established melodic sound Lordi's always had...
Mooneyman

Postby pessimistic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Mooneyman wrote:I think, personally, much more guitar could kinda overpower the established melodic sound Lordi's always had...

Maybe, but it would be kinda too much "overguitared"...
Let us leave the decision for Mr.Lordi 8)
pessimistic

Postby eiskaskis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:54 pm

No! No no no no no!
Amen is the best, only one!
(khihihhi my only one :P)
eiskaskis

Postby Nevershowtherealface » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:30 pm

I'd only like to see kalma as second guitarist... :D
Else, I say NO! Amen and OX are a fantastic duo :)
Awaaaa! You're my IDOL!
Nevershowtherealface

PreviousNext

Return to Members