Monsterboard

AWA

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

AWA

Postby Awa » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:46 pm

Hi!

FINALLY I have a chance to write here.

I’ve been in the band now few months and it has been great! The new Arockalypse album, Eurovicious song contest, two gigs in Russia etc. So we’ve been quite busy, but this kind of busy life we like, soooo very much.

So what’s up with you guys? I really would like to get to know you. Tell me something, ask questions, anything. I’ll do my best to write you back.

Keep on rockin’ monsterlovers,

Awa
Last edited by Awa on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby STS777 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Hello, Awa!!!

Nice to see you here!!
How you doin'?
You rock the Moscow so bad! I can't forget that nite!

Also, my friend wanna say hi! (that one, who kissed your hand, right after Moscow gig, he don't have a computer, but he's really in love with ya! lol!)

I can not dream of anything more, than see you again! You're all so nice!

you can see pics here!

http://www.bmgfinland.com/lordiforum/viewtopic.php?t=1521&start=0
Last edited by STS777 on Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Getting Heavy since 12/11/2004
- Monstermaniac #1 in Russia. :)
Kiitos, LORDI!!!
STEVEN!!! (hear my name)
STS777

Postby WrathChild » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:00 pm

Well, I really have to ask this, is there any songs which are composed or is there any lyrics made by you? And I think you play keys in this new album, but Kalma is still on the bass?
I set the mood,
It's like Evil Dead II!
WrathChild

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:13 pm

First, Hellcome Awa to the Monsterboard we'll make sure you have a Hell of a time here :twisted: . I am Beauty of the Beast a MASSIVE Lordi fan from the UK. I'm sure the Monstermaniacs here will make you feel right at home... that depends where you live though :P .

I have no real questions as of yet. I just wanted to Hellcome you.

Stay Heavy Awa and all you Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Fallen One » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:20 pm

Welcome to Lordi, all be it with mixed feelings due to the loss of Miss Enary, but that is not to your fault.

What's your favourite Lordi song? :)
Edit, oh and, what keyboard do you use? :)

Fallen One.
Last edited by Fallen One on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby killthesnowmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:22 pm

Well, hello there AWA.

I don't know if it is my place to do so, but welcome to the forums!

I hope your time with Lordi will be successful, and I can't wait to see how they've changed live with the new line-up.

That being said, any plans for a UK visit? And what songs do you enjoy to perform the most?
killthesnowmen

Postby Lestat » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:54 am

So hello and welcome Awa.
I am Lestat, from Italy.
I've a question for you. You will appear in all the Arockalypse videos?
And in the new album there are songs or lyrics written by you?
Thank you
Tenebrae Vincunt
Lestat

Postby Armageddon Outta Here » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:18 pm

hi awa
i was wondering what is your keyboarding history and are you a kiss fan
and could you tell us about your character
Armageddon Outta Here

Postby LoKKie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:06 pm

Hi Miss Awa! Just a pair of questions :)

-Are you a Finnish monster too?
-And which bands or musicians have influenced you?

Thanks!
LoKKie

Postby Awa » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:06 pm

Hello again!

Thank you for your hellcomes and welcomes!
Here are some answers:

STS777 Thanks for your very kind feedback.
I’m great, tomorrow morning we’ll start to shoot a video to Hard Rock Hallelujah –song.
I checked your pictures already after our trip to your country. They were fine! Say hi to your friend. He made me blush ;)

WrathChild I didn’t write any songs to this album. I joined the band after the songs were already composed. But I did some arranging and played the keyboards. Kalma were still on the bass on this album.

Fallen One I appreciate your honesty. You have all the right to have your own opinions and mixed feelings. Hope you still like the band, though. Keep the faith!
Favourite Lordi song? That’s very hard question. I can say that Get heavy is our favourite song to play in gigs for all of us. Although Bringing Back the Balls might change that in the future. Damn… Can’t decide. I have to get back on this Fallen one, sorry.
I have two keyboards, Korg Triton and Novation’s A-station. Mostly I play the Triton.

killthesnowmen Last time we talked about coming to UK was only couple days back. We’re doing our best to come there, but nothing’s decided yet. Sorry! But we’ll tell you as soon as we know more!

Lestat Yes, I will appear in our next videos. Btw, the storyline to Hard Rock Hallelujah-video is very good and very classic.

Armageddon Outta Here I LOVE Kiss. I probably wouldn’t be in this band if it were otherwise, would I :)
This is my third “real” band. I’ve played keyboards since I was a teenager and classical Piano from the age of five or six, can’t remember for sure…
Awa is very complex character. She’s a sorceress, a ghost, the vampire countess etc. She is (or were) a upper class lady and lived probably in the 1800 or 1900 century. She was killed but it didn’t stop here at all. She is possessed and very restless soul. And very unpredictable. So watch out and be AWAre!
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby WrathChild » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:01 am

Awa wrote:WrathChildI didn’t write any songs to this album. I joined the band after the songs were already composed. But I did some arranging and played the keyboards. Kalma were still on the bass on this album.

Thanks for reply, Awa! Altough I could ask this for Mr. Lordi himself, I'm going to ask this now - Do you know are these new songs really new stuff or are there also some old riffs/ideas from early 90's (or maybe from 80's), like there were with Devils Is A Loser, Get Heavy etc.? Or are these songs made after The Monterican Dream?
I set the mood,
It's like Evil Dead II!
WrathChild

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:10 am

Awa wrote:Awa is very complex character. She’s a sorceress, a ghost, the vampire countess etc. She is (or were) a upper class lady and lived probably in the 1800 or 1900 century. She was killed but it didn’t stop here at all. She is possessed and very restless soul. And very unpredictable. So watch out and be AWAre!

This is a Hellish history Awa, and it has given me an idea for a question. Would you like to write a Lordi song for a future album that tells your story? How she was possesed and such. Maybe it would be a bit like the Helraiser movies.

I know Mr. Kalma had Kalmageddon in his profile long before it was a released song, do you think maybe "Miss madness" from your profile would suit yours?

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby spazworrier » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:26 am

Greetings and many salutations to you, Miss Awa.

I can't wait for The Arockalypse to come out, from the demos I have heard it is starting to sound like it'll be an awesome album. You have the Lordi style down pretty well and it seems you are adjusting just fine.

Now, I'm not trying to spark up any bad feelings here (some people may be defensive over this subject), but how does it feel to follow up after Miss Enary? Granted that you're your own monster, with your own style (musically & costume-wise) and you're not trying to be Enary, but do you find that Miss Enary has rather large shoes to fill? (which I have no-doubts you'll do)

Also another side note, your persona just screams out King Diamond's "Abigail". Which is totally awesome, every time I see you now I keep thinking of the intro to Abigail, titled "Funeral":

"We are gathered here tonight,
to lay to rest Abigail LaFey,
whom we now know
was first born dead
on The 7th Day of July 1777.

Abigail must be nailed to her coffin
with 7 silver spikes,
1 through each arm, hand and knee,
and let the last of the 7 be drawn through her mouth
so that she may never rise and cause evil again

Who will be the first?"

"I O'Brian of the Black Horsemen."

But yeah, with that said and done, all I can say is that you should kick back and enjoy the ferociously hellish rollercoaster that is Lordi.
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby killthesnowmen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:09 am

A bet a restless and unpredictable soul will make for a cool stage show, I can't wait to see the Monster Squad again..

Sorry to ask pretty much the same thing, but is there any chance for Download this year? I'm kinda torn between buying a ticket or not, and this is the kinda thing that could push me over the line, so to speak.

Actually, I'll probably just get a ticket and hope for the best.
killthesnowmen

Postby WrathChild » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 pm

spazworrier wrote:Also another side note, your persona just screams out King Diamond's "Abigail". Which is totally awesome, every time I see you now I keep thinking of the intro to Abigail, titled "Funeral":

Hell yeah, awAsome point! This actually came up to my mind too, but you said it first. :) Abigail has a great story inside, although its a little grotesque. Also King Diamond's Abigail II: The Revenge's intro, "Spare This Life", keeps the same line, and really reminds me of Awa.

"I, O'Brian of the Black Horsemen, forbid this sacrilege
You all know that this Demon Child has Abigail's spirit
Inside
But what you don't know is
That she is the reincarnation of my stillborn half-sister
Her spirit is not EVIL, nor is it GOOD
All it wants, is to make things right again
So spare this life, through which revenge can be mine
And Abigail can find her final peace
I, O'Brian, have spoken
Let it be done!"

Although that Awa isn't nailed through any arm, hand, knee or mouth, she is nailed through her heart. Vampires, anyone...?
I set the mood,
It's like Evil Dead II!
WrathChild

Postby Fallen One » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Awa wrote:Hello again!

Fallen One I appreciate your honesty. You have all the right to have your own opinions and mixed feelings. Hope you still like the band, though. Keep the faith!
Favourite Lordi song? That’s very hard question. I can say that Get heavy is our favourite song to play in gigs for all of us. Although Bringing Back the Balls might change that in the future. Damn… Can’t decide. I have to get back on this Fallen one, sorry.
I have two keyboards, Korg Triton and Novation’s A-station. Mostly I play the Triton.

Thank you for the swift reply, that's one plus you'll have over Enary in my books, if I recall correctly she never really checked the forum, I hope you'll be somewhat of a frequenter (between your busy scedules). My faith in Lordi is solid, that'll never die. Miss Enary was one of the reasons I started playing keyboard myself, 'Magistre Nocte' is such a wonderful solo and I've mailed her if she could possibly in all her kindnes send me the tabs to that, so I could play it too. But she never answered me...

Well, about you playing in the band I can only say that it's a change that has shocked me since miss Enary was my favourite Monster, but that'll pass with thime I presume, and who knows, if I get to know you a bit better and get to hear you play some I might get to like you as much or even more. Only time will tell. Thanks for your understanding though, to me this has been a great change of heart.

Two thingies:
- Could you poke the guys about to actually coming to Belgium this round? Monster Tour 2005 had it planned to come to Belgium but they couldn't find a decent venue to play at. (You can come play in Ghent :lol:)
- Would you yourself happen to have the tabs to 'Magistre Nocte' and be willing to share them with an eager fan? (I presume you do, but there might be rights/laws that forbid you handing it out unfortunately) I have the worst ear for music and I could never in a lifetime come to writing down the scores to Magistre Nocte... :/

Anyways, thanks again for your reply!
Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Armageddon Outta Here » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:04 pm

hi awa thanks for replying so quick i have no doubt you and ox will fill our previous members shoes
as ive heard the arockalypse and may i say i like the keyboards on it snows in hell though the song hasnt grown on me yet

three questions
how you come to join lordi did you know the members previously or where you approached?

what can you tell us about the HRH video and is there plans for more video

and when are you getting you butts downs to australia

and did you do backing vocals on the arockalypse

well that might be seven questions but your the first monster to answer a question and i the queen insanity quite intriuging
AOH. got heavy way before you n00bs.

fuck you fairweather fans
Armageddon Outta Here

Postby STS777 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:39 pm

I change my mind... 8)

What it for playing cards which you hold in your profile?
What story behind this?
Is that some kind of a Dead Dealer or something?
Last edited by STS777 on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Getting Heavy since 12/11/2004
- Monstermaniac #1 in Russia. :)
Kiitos, LORDI!!!
STEVEN!!! (hear my name)
STS777

Postby rocker » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:30 pm

Hello, Awa, nice to see ya. I've read those many posts here, so already I've many answers for my questions. But tell me, please, will you ever come to Poland far away to get some grat rock concert? LORDI have here many fans who can't wait to see you on stage :D
rocker

Postby WrathChild » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:10 pm

STS777 wrote:What it for playing cards which you hold in your profile?

I think those are Tarot-cards.
I set the mood,
It's like Evil Dead II!
WrathChild

Postby Anthalerero » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:16 pm

Hello Awa! Nice to see you here! Thanks for answering all the questions so quick!
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby spazworrier » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:20 pm

WrathChild wrote:
spazworrier wrote:Also another side note, your persona just screams out King Diamond's "Abigail". Which is totally awesome, every time I see you now I keep thinking of the intro to Abigail, titled "Funeral":

Hell yeah, awAsome point! This actually came up to my mind too, but you said it first. :) Abigail has a great story inside, although its a little grotesque. Also King Diamond's Abigail II: The Revenge's intro, "Spare This Life", keeps the same line, and really reminds me of Awa.

Although that Awa isn't nailed through any arm, hand, knee or mouth, she is nailed through her heart. Vampires, anyone...?

Oh totally, I agree 100% with that one, Wrath, Abigail's story is so awesome if you ask me.

WrathChild wrote:
STS777 wrote:What it for playing cards which you hold in your profile?

I think those are Tarot-cards.

Hehehe, and here I was thinking they were Pokemon cards! :lol: :wink:

....(just kidding by the way)
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby spazworrier » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:26 pm

Hehehe, some Lordi trading cards would be awesome if you ask me!

Go Kitachu, destroy that Shin-kalma-saur with your jaws of death attack!

One question, Miss Awa, did you have a choice of what your costume would be? Or did Mr Lordi decide on it for you?
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby WrathChild » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:33 pm

spazworrier wrote:Hehehe, some Lordi trading cards would be awesome if you ask me!

Actually there's a commercial in first Lordi-comic, Lordi trading cards by Rokémon. :lol:

I'm maybe wrong with that name, but who cares.
I set the mood,
It's like Evil Dead II!
WrathChild

Postby killthesnowmen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:35 pm

There was something similar in the Get Heavy booklet.. action figures or something.
killthesnowmen

Next

Return to Members