Monsterboard

AWA

Discussion about band members

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:28 pm

There was also Kita's Blood Drops in a certain comic :D .

((back to topic))

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby SMF » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:37 am

AWA -
Who is cuter... Kalma.. Or.. OX.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Lestat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:37 am

Awa,
are you planning to come to Italy for the european tour of the next album?
I hope it.
Tenebrae Vincunt
Lestat

Postby TheSpaceToaster » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:48 am

It's nice to meet you Miss Awa. I have to say the whole 'Be AWAre' thing is pretty creative. :D

And now my question: Do you and the other members hang out when you aren't doing band-related stuff?
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
TheSpaceToaster

Postby kerry » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:39 am

Hello Awa how are you doing? Who is your biggest musical icons and why?
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
kerry

Postby spazworrier » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:50 pm

Just a few more quick questions to keep you busy, Miss Awa. How long had you been working with Lordi prior to your official joining? And how are you adjusting to wearing the prosthetics?
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby Beauty of the beast » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:04 pm

spazworrier wrote:And how are you adjusting to wearing the prosthetics?

Yes I hear some of the new stuff is made from Foam Latex. it is very light and should breathe better than rubber Latex.

Do you find performing easy in the mask AWA?

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Awa » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:13 pm

WrathChild wrote:Do you know are these new songs really new stuff or are there also some old riffs/ideas from early 90's (or maybe from 80's), like there were with Devils Is A Loser, Get Heavy etc.? Or are these songs made after The Monterican Dream?

Sorry Wrath, can’t really answer your question. Mr. Lordi knows better.
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby Awa » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:16 pm

LoKKie wrote:-Are you a Finnish monster too?
-And which bands or musicians have influenced you?

Hi LoKKie!

Yes I’m a Finnish monster.

I listen to a lot of different kind of bands, artists, music. Especially I enjoy live performances, if they’re great and special, even if I wouldn’t usually listen to that kind of music. I could say that the 80’s music thrill me the most and have the biggest influence to my playing. Through the years I’ve loved Kiss, Madonna, Depeche mode, Duran duran, Skid row, Nirvana... The list goes on and on and on. Heavy is great, especially 80’s hard rock but I also like electric music. The classical music has also been a part of my life ‘cause my training of playing piano and music theory. Time to time I also listen 70’s progressive rock.
If you have some bands on your mind and you would like to know if I like them or not or tell your own opinions about them, please ask and tell!
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby Awa » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:18 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote: This is a Hellish history Awa, and it has given me an idea for a question. Would you like to write a Lordi song for a future album that tells your story? How she was possesed and such. Maybe it would be a bit like the Helraiser movies.

I’d rather would like YOU guys to tell me Awa’s story! Or make a song. Yeah, that would be pretty damn cool! Miss Madness is fine!
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby Awa » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:23 pm

spazworrier wrote:Now, I'm not trying to spark up any bad feelings here (some people may be defensive over this subject), but how does it feel to follow up after Miss Enary? Granted that you're your own monster, with your own style (musically & costume-wise) and you're not trying to be Enary, but do you find that Miss Enary has rather large shoes to fill? (which I have no-doubts you'll do)

Also another side note, your persona just screams out King Diamond's "Abigail". Which is totally awesome, every time I see you now I keep thinking of the intro to Abigail, titled "Funeral":

Yes, of course Enary’s shoes are very big to fill. But from this perspective it’s good thing that I wasn’t a huge Lordi-fan before. I just liked the idea of the band and was interested. I don’t know Enary, I haven’t even ever met her. I really respect and look up to her as a performer and musician, but from the beginning of my Lordi carrier I’ve done totally my own thing. That’s one reason why Awa looks almost opposite to Enary. I keep saying to myself I’m not replacing anyone, I’m a new character and try to do my best as a member of Lordi. But of course in real life I’m also replacing her and feel the pressure. I hope the pressure makes me work harder to make you guys satisfied!

Abigail song -Good thinking spazworrier!!
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby Awa » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:25 pm

killthesnowmen wrote:Sorry to ask pretty much the same thing, but is there any chance for Download this year? I'm kinda torn between buying a ticket or not, and this is the kinda thing that could push me over the line, so to speak.Actually, I'll probably just get a ticket and hope for the best.

We haven’t decided anything yet about touring abroad. But of course we’d love to come there or anywhere. But it also depends from other things than us. What you could do is send a request to the Download organizers that you would like Lordi to perform there!
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby Awa » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm

Fallen One wrote:Well, about you playing in the band I can only say that it's a change that has shocked me since miss Enary was my favourite Monster, but that'll pass with thime I presume, and who knows, if I get to know you a bit better and get to hear you play some I might get to like you as much or even more. Only time will tell. Thanks for your understanding though, to me this has been a great change of heart.

Two thingies:
- Could you poke the guys about to actually coming to Belgium this round? Monster Tour 2005 had it planned to come to Belgium but they couldn't find a decent venue to play at. (You can come play in Ghent :lol:)
- Would you yourself happen to have the tabs to 'Magistre Nocte' and be willing to share them with an eager fan? (I presume you do, but there might be rights/laws that forbid you handing it out unfortunately) I have the worst ear for music and I could never in a lifetime come to writing down the scores to Magistre Nocte...

Fallen One, thank you also from your kind words and thoughts. You’re a real fan to Enary and to the rest of the band. Great!

Yes, we’d love to come to Belgium also. Hope it can be arranged in the future.
Sorry, I don’t have the tabs to Magistra. :cry:
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby Beauty of the beast » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:57 pm

Awa wrote:Through the years I’ve loved Kiss, Madonna, Depeche mode, Duran duran, Skid row, Nirvana... The list goes on and on and on.

I never realy thought Depeche Mode would be a Lordi thing. I know Mr. Lordi likes some of their songs, Hell so do I.

Awa wrote:I’d rather would like YOU guys to tell me Awa’s story! Or make a song. Yeah, that would be pretty damn cool! Miss Madness is fine!

That's Hellishly cool Awa! I'd love to post my own "little story" about Awa "Miss Madness" :P .

Thanks Miss. Awa for taking the time to reply to all these questions, it's very Hellish of you :D .

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby rocker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:28 am

Nice, nice. Miss Awa, please tell us all how your joining to LORDI looked like? I'm dying to know. Is it Mr Lordi asked you to joining the band, or maybe it was the other way, and you knew that they are looking for new keyboardmonstress and asked them?

I can't wait for the "Arockalypse" to hear your playing and singing. It is probably different than before, but I hope better. Have you got any backing vocal parts on this new album?
I won't ask you how are you feeling in front of all these conversations who is better, Enary or Awa, cos I know it's very unpleasure feeling for musician, especially if it's a new musician in a band (I'm a leader of polish rock band called Hopeless, and I had also personal rotations, so I know how it is)
I hope you'll be the last pianist in band, and I wish you luck!

PS: Hmmm, miss Awa, how are you feeling about the Eurovision?

PS2: Forgive me all my grammar mistakes if they are. My English is not good enough... :cry:
rocker

Postby Fallen One » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:50 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time once again to answer all these questions miss Awa.

It's a pity that you do not have the Magistre Nocte scores, but I'll have to live with it. Perhaps I should put the CD on when I'm behind my keyboard and try to figure it out note per note myself...

We'll see what happens, that'll probably end up taking weeks knowing myself.

- Belgium, the hope lives -

Anyways, thanks again miss Awa.
Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby killthesnowmen » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:19 pm

Fallen One: I'll take The Monsterican Dream into college and try to figure it out, I don't have a keyboard at home, but I've managed to work out a few songs this way.

Awa: I will most definitely contact CClive, after the gig last year there shouldn't be much problem trying to get Lordi booked again. Most people I spoke to loved it. And thank you for all the replies.

rocker: Your English is most readable, good job!
killthesnowmen

Postby spazworrier » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:29 am

Awa wrote:Yes, of course Enary’s shoes are very big to fill. But from this perspective it’s good thing that I wasn’t a huge Lordi-fan before. I just liked the idea of the band and was interested. I don’t know Enary, I haven’t even ever met her. I really respect and look up to her as a performer and musician, but from the beginning of my Lordi carrier I’ve done totally my own thing. That’s one reason why Awa looks almost opposite to Enary. I keep saying to myself I’m not replacing anyone, I’m a new character and try to do my best as a member of Lordi. But of course in real life I’m also replacing her and feel the pressure. I hope the pressure makes me work harder to make you guys satisfied!

Abigail song -Good thinking spazworrier!!

Thankyou for the reply, Miss Awa.

Did Mr Lordi give you a choice of what you wanted your persona to be (y'know, examples of what you could have), or did he leave it completely open ended?
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby The Prophecy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:39 pm

Hello Mrs. Awa, nice to see you here.

Two questions:

What was the idea for your character? Were these your own thoughts or ideas of Mr. Lordi?

Ok, a third question. :)

Do you know when Mr. Ox reports here for word?

Greetz, Proph
So steu're ich das Totenschiff
mit voller Kraft auf's nächste Riff.
Aufdass ihr an der Last erstickt
mit der ihr mich auf Reisen schickt.

http://spielwelt17.monstersgame.net/?ac ... d=60138078
The Prophecy

Postby Kita_11 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:44 pm

Hy Awa, I Hope you do your Best, to Rock with the Monster´s and Us :wink: .
Kita_11

Postby WrathChild » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:09 pm

(I moved this quote from Hard Rock Hallujah-topic to here, 'cos I think this is the right place to talk about Awa especially.)

Beauty of the beast wrote:It is a very cool picture isn't it. Miss. Awa is very active.

Well ofcourse she is, she's the youngster of the group! She's only 200 years old, every other member is older that she is! Kita is at least 300 years old, Lordi's about 800, Amen is something like 2500 and I think that OX have no age at all. Or ofcourse he could have, but I don't know when hellbulls usually born, how long they live and how fast they grow up.

But yeah, let the child play. At least she's healthy when she does that. :lol:
I set the mood,
It's like Evil Dead II!
WrathChild

Postby Chaos » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:53 pm

Hell-o Awa!
I'm a lot later at posting to you than everyone else - I've spent the past few weeks buried under A-level revision, it is enough to make me insane, well, more than I already am!
I hadn't known of Lordi for more than a few months when you joined, so I can't compare like other members of this board - plus I'm not quite as active, so I have trouble keeping up sometimes! As far as I'm concerned you will be a great asset to Lordi, and enable them to keep rocking the hell out of us!
Rock away m'lovely!

C.haos

§ Don't do anything I wouldn't do.....no limits, then §
¤ She loves to kill and she kills for love ¤
Chaos

Postby Awa » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:50 pm

Armageddon Outta Here wrote: how you come to join lordi did you know the members previously or where you approached?

I knew Kita before. Our manager is a friend of mine and he introduced me to him. After Enary was said goodbye, they needed a new keyboard player and Kita called me. There were also other candidates... Don't know why they chose me!

Armageddon Outta Here wrote:what can you tell us about the HRH video and is there plans for more video?

Go check the pictures from monsterdiscohell.com if you haven't already. I hope we make more videos from the Arockalypse album.

Armageddon Outta Here wrote:and when are you getting you butts downs to australia

Soon as Australian gigorganisers want us there.

Armageddon Outta Here wrote:and did you do backing vocals on the arockalypse

No, I just joined the band when they were done. Or... maybe I did something girlish there...

Armageddon Outta Here wrote:well that might be seven questions but your the first monster to answer a question and i the queen insanity quite intriuging?

I'm glad if I could help you. We're two of a kind :P
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby WrathChild » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:32 am

Awa wrote:Or... maybe I did something girlish there...

Maybe some screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaams(!!!!!)? ;)
I set the mood,
It's like Evil Dead II!
WrathChild

Postby Fallen One » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:01 pm

WrathChild wrote:
Awa wrote:Or... maybe I did something girlish there...

Maybe some screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaams(!!!!!)? ;)

I thought I definitely heard some female voices in the Euro Vision Song entries :p

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Members