Monsterboard

AWA

Discussion about band members

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby STS777 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:58 pm

Fallen One wrote:
WrathChild wrote:
Awa wrote:Or... maybe I did something girlish there...

Maybe some screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaams(!!!!!)? ;)

I thought I definitely heard some female voices in the Euro Vision Song entries :p

Fallen One.

second that! :roll:
- Getting Heavy since 12/11/2004
- Monstermaniac #1 in Russia. :)
Kiitos, LORDI!!!
STEVEN!!! (hear my name)
STS777

Postby Beauty of the beast » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:15 pm

Fallen One wrote:I thought I definitely heard some female voices in the Euro Vision Song entries :p

Fallen One.

Amasing what Mr. Kita can do :P .

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Bonesaw666 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:19 pm

Wow, great to see so much contact with the fans here! Just got into Lordi a few weeks ago but i really love the way you monsters rock :twisted:
First of all, Awa you look awesome, I'm really looking forward to see you live :D

The questions: Do you play any other instruments too? Will you write some songs in the future of lordi?

Greetings + Kisses from Austria :twisted:
Wenn ihr Lordi mögt, werdet ihr Incendo auch lieben ;)

http://www.myblog.de/bonesawband
Bonesaw666

Postby Strutter » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:03 am

Actually, Awa is Sexiest Monstar alive today :wink: :roll:
Strutter

Postby spazworrier » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:37 am

We all know she's dead, Strutter. Dead-alive.
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby kerry » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:25 am

Awa how long does it take you to get ready before you go on stage?
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
kerry

Postby Awa » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Hi everyone, we’ve been very busy with the new album and rehearsals for the Bringing Back the Balls to Finland tour. So I’m again sorry it has taken so long to answer your questions.

STS777:
What it for playing cards which you hold in your profile?
What story behind this?
Is that some kind of a Dead Dealer or something?

Like Wrathchild wrote they’re Tarot cards. I’m a witch and they are my reading cards. Would you like to know you’re future dear mortal…? :wink:

spazworrier:
One question, Miss Awa, did you have a choice of what your costume would be? Or did Mr Lordi decide on it for you?

Just a few more quick questions to keep you busy, Miss Awa. How long had you been working with Lordi prior to your official joining? And how are you adjusting to wearing the prosthetics?

Did Mr Lordi give you a choice of what you wanted your persona to be (y'know, examples of what you could have), or did he leave it completely open ended?

Mr. Lordi were the brain and hands for my costume as a whole but we planned it together and I had quite a lot of influence to it. It was (and still is) great to think up my costume!

I’ve been working with the guys since last September. Or was it October? Well, either way not very long, hope we have still a long way ahead of us.
Do you mean by prosthetics my lovely theeth? :lol: Well… Their very important part of my character. I like them and the form was my wish. Not so great “side effect” with them is that it’s not very easy to speak naturally when I’m wearing them.

We had quite similar thoughts about my character with mr. Lordi. = Sorceress, vampire, ghost. So we made a mix :)

SMF:
AWA -
Who is cuter... Kalma.. Or.. OX.

Well well, their both very hot and I like them. There’s a rumour that says I might have had something to do with the Kalmageddon order in the past. Maybe in the 1900-century or something of the kind…

Lestat:
Awa, are you planning to come to Italy for the european tour of the next album?
I hope it.

I honestly hope it too, but nothing decided yet. We’ll let you know the tourdates and places as soon as we know them by ourselves. But first we have to Bring Back the Balls to Finland, then rest of the world

TheSpaceToaster
And now my question: Do you and the other members hang out when you aren't doing band-related stuff?

Yeah of course. But often we’re so stick together by the band stuffs that we have to
make some time to our own friends too. So we’re not hanging together like 24/7.

kerry:
Hello Awa how are you doing? Who is your biggest musical icons and why?

I’m fine. Going to Udo’s gig tonight!

This is what I wrote to LoKKie earlier (edited a little bit):
I listen to a lot of different kind of bands, artists, music. Especially I enjoy live performances, if they’re great and special, even if I wouldn’t usually listen to that kind of music. I could say that the 80’s music thrills me the most and has the biggest influence to my playing. Through the years I’ve loved Kiss, Madonna, Depeche mode, Duran duran, Skid row, Nirvana... The list goes on and on and on. Now very big thing to me is for example System of a down and Mew. Heavy is great, especially 80’s hard rock but I also like electric music like Röyksopp and Air. The classical music has also been a part of my life ‘cause my training of playing piano and music theory. Time to time I also listen 70’s progressive rock.
If you have some bands on your mind and you would like to know if I like them or not or tell your own opinions about them, please ask and tell!

It takes about 30 minutes to get ready

Beauty of the beast:
Do you find performing easy in the mask AWA?

I never really thought Depeche Mode would be a Lordi thing. I know Mr. Lordi likes some of their songs, Hell so do I.

It’s easier than I thought, but of course it’s not as easy as without it. The hardest part though, is wearing the contact lenses ‘cause I have very dry eyes and the contacts are probably made from thicker plastic than normal ones. Or something. But who said it would be easy to make a great monstershow! :lol:

Oh shit, I LOOOOVE Depeche Mode and it’s very nice to know that you like them too!

rocker:
PS: Hmmm, miss Awa, how are you feeling about the Eurovision?
PS2: Forgive me all my grammar mistakes if they are. My English is not good enough...

(Check what I answered earlier to armageddon about your other questions)

Eurovision? Hmm… I think it’s a very good way to bring those heavy balls to Finland. And maybe to other European countries too.

Sorry for MY number of grammar mistakes!

The Prophecy:
What was the idea for your character? Were these your own thoughts or ideas of Mr. Lordi?
Check what I answered earlier.

Do you know when Mr. Ox reports here for word?

He wrote to Finnish side earlier. I’m sure he writes here too as soon as he has time.

Bonesaw666:
The questions: Do you play any other instruments too? Will you write some songs in the future of lordi?

No, unfortunately I play just keyboard. But I would like to learn to play bass. I’m left-handed so it makes the starting more difficult.
Don’t know yet about writing songs. Only time will tell :shock:

Okay, that’s all. I’m sorry if I forgot to answer someone’s questions. If so, please ask again.
Thank you again so much for your writings and support and let’s keep contact.
Awa
Ex-keyboards

Postby Fallen One » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:20 pm

Thanks again for your time Awa :)
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby WrathChild » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:48 pm

Awa wrote:There’s a rumour that says I might have had something to do with the Kalmageddon order in the past. Maybe in the 1900-century or something of the kind…

Ewww! Sorry that I'm so dirty minded, but please, don't tell more! :lol: Nothing is more grose than monsters havin' a "good time"...

Awa wrote:So we’re not hanging together like 24/7.

Snif, now you broke my dreams. I thought that you're just like KISS, livin' in a same apartment and sleepin' in the same bed. Unfortunately not.
I set the mood,
It's like Evil Dead II!
WrathChild

Postby atherakh » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:19 am

left handed :D the best for a woman, but I though only angels were left-handed, but in any case it's sign of lots of qualities ...

lol ar euuuh :P
Thank you for all your answers, that's nice to be with fans like you are.
About the Kalmageddon will we have more informations about this order that seems to be an important monster's army or this kind. If I understand, you are a sorceress-vampire that became a ghost ? :P

The other monsters seems to hear more Rock and Metal, your the only-one to hear Depeche Mode, Madona etc...?
Lordi seems to here this kind of music a few too, do you speacks sometimes about this music with them? Actually, is there a musical-link in the band or has everyone so different music-culture ???
(And were you too in the Finnish-Kiss-Army ?)

Huuum sorry about my english :s not a difficult and too rich language and I can't write good in english lol so bad from me :(

good night

Atherakh :)
She's a good girl, gone bad, ONE KISS CAN DRIVE ME MAAAAAD ! ! !

Site français de lordi en finition: http://www.lordi-france.fr.tc
atherakh

Postby spazworrier » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:36 am

Awa wrote:Mr. Lordi were the brain and hands for my costume as a whole but we planned it together and I had quite a lot of influence to it. It was (and still is) great to think up my costume!

I’ve been working with the guys since last September. Or was it October? Well, either way not very long, hope we have still a long way ahead of us.
Do you mean by prosthetics my lovely theeth? :lol: Well… Their very important part of my character. I like them and the form was my wish. Not so great “side effect” with them is that it’s not very easy to speak naturally when I’m wearing them.

We had quite similar thoughts about my character with mr. Lordi. = Sorceress, vampire, ghost. So we made a mix :)

Well I meant as a whole, y'know, there must be some work on the face. Monsters prior to this (and even Lordi) complain that having facial-prosthetics make them sweat like hell and that they get ever-so dehydrated on stage. I assume you're new to the whole monster-rock/ costume wearing type of band and was just wondering how you're coping with that.

Also, how long does it usually take you to get prepared before you go on stage?
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby TheSpaceToaster » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:15 am

Thank you for answering my question, ma'am! ^_^
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
TheSpaceToaster

Postby killthesnowmen » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:44 am

Also, how long does it usually take you to get prepared before you go on stage?

It takes about 30 minutes to get ready

Question answered :)
killthesnowmen

Postby spazworrier » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:32 am

But I want it answered again!

*pouts and goes off to sulk in a corner*
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby STS777 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:16 pm

Thanks for answers, AWA!

What you think about Dream Theater?
Did you hear James LaBrie's last solo album?
Kiitos, LORDI!!!
STEVEN!!! (hear my name)
STS777

Postby Armageddon Outta Here » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:13 am

miss awa
what iss your faorite lordi song of each album and what's your favorite KISS song
AOH. got heavy way before you n00bs.

fuck you fairweather fans
Armageddon Outta Here

Postby Beauty of the beast » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:12 pm

By the size of your last Post Miss. Awa you are realy feeling the force of fandom :P . I have never seen so many questions being answered in one go in a long while.

Awa wrote:It’s easier than I thought, but of course it’s not as easy as without it. The hardest part though, is wearing the contact lenses ‘cause I have very dry eyes and the contacts are probably made from thicker plastic than normal ones. Or something. But who said it would be easy to make a great monstershow! :lol:

Oh shit, I LOOOOVE Depeche Mode and it’s very nice to know that you like them too!

I feel sorry for you Miss. Awa, I bet those contacts realy do irritate your eyes after a while. Atleast you don't have to wear the old glass ones they used in the Evil Dead movies, they HURT!

Also it is cool to see you "
LOOOOVE Depeche Mode" I thought people would think I was gay when I said I liked them :P . Very cool music. As typical as this will sound I do love Enjoy the silence and People are people.

Glad to see you are working so hard for us Monstermaniacs Miss. Awa.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Affen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:22 pm

Nice to see a new "pretty" face in Lordi! And great keyboard work on The Arockalypse! Looking forward to see you live!

Greetings from Norway! 8)
Check out Cat Eye - Norways finest hard rock band at http://www.cateyeband.com
Affen

Postby Soulhuntress » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am

Dear Awa,
nice to see a witch there, who isn't burning! ;)
I hope, you enjoy it to be a member of the greatest monsterband ever!
Finally I got The Arockalypse today (YEAH, it's MINE! :twisted: ) and have to tell you: you've got a really nice voice and - YOU ROCK!!
Stay so ... so ... so possessed ;)

monstrous greetings from Germany
~Soulhuntress~
~...when hope is gone...~
~... INSANITY COMES...~
Soulhuntress

Postby STS777 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:53 am

Awa wrote:
Armageddon Outta Here wrote:and did you do backing vocals on the arockalypse

No, I just joined the band when they were done. Or... maybe I did something girlish there...

Read more carefully the previous answers :wink:
Last edited by STS777 on Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiitos, LORDI!!!
STEVEN!!! (hear my name)
STS777

Postby Soulhuntress » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:21 am

Oops sorry... what ever: Awa, you rock if you are singing or not ^^
~...when hope is gone...~
~... INSANITY COMES...~
Soulhuntress

Postby PoweDoom » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:44 pm

Bonjour madame Awa,
you talked about your musical influences, but what about your favorite keyboard and piano players?
And what kind of approach you prefer with keyboards?
Do you like fast solos like COB and Stratovarius?
Would you ever perform a keyboard solo with Lordi? And if yes what kind of solo would it be? Faster than light or something based on chords progressions and more jazzy stuffs? Or maybe it would be something based on the sound synthesis?
And what do you think about the inserction of more hammond sounds with Lordi?

Sorry for the massive flood of questions but I'm a curious guy.
Sex, Milk & Rock'n'Roll!!
+ http://www.powerhill.ch +
PoweDoom

Re: AWA

Postby RevDeadCorpse » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:29 am

Awa wrote:Hi!

I really would like to get to know you. Tell me something...

Awa

Ok... try these on for size then. ;-)

Havamal 44

If you find a friend you fully trust
And wish for his good-will,
exchange thoughts,
exchange gifts,
Go often to his house.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/info-tech/mg18925405.700.html

Zeno effect quantum computers produce less program errors when the progam isn't actually being processed. This is an excellent example of Einstein's "spooky action at a distance".

When hand forging a chisel, you need to heat the metal until the chisel's cutting edge turns a purple just transitioning to dark blue. This should be around the 550-565F range. Quenching should be done in a saltwater brine for a harder quench. After which, you can grind the final cutting edge to the desired sharpness. Woodcutting tools should be ground with a much finer, sharper edge than metal working chisels.

"I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time." HL Menken. Political philosopher.

I don't actually have any questions for you, but I do hope you enjoy the little bits of wisdom I have passed along to you. I hope your journey with the band is an exciting and fullfilling one. :D
Dolor Temparaius
Gloria Aetaernia
Cicatrices Virgnes Placent
"Pain is temporary. Glory is forever. Chicks dig the scars."
RevDeadCorpse

Postby MasterofPuppets » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:49 am

Awa wrote:
Armageddon Outta Here wrote: how you come to join lordi did you know the members previously or where you approached?

I knew Kita before. Our manager is a friend of mine and he introduced me to him. After Enary was said goodbye, they needed a new keyboard player and Kita called me. There were also other candidates... Don't know why they chose me!

Armageddon Outta Here wrote:what can you tell us about the HRH video and is there plans for more video?

Go check the pictures from monsterdiscohell.com if you haven't already. I hope we make more videos from the Arockalypse album.

Armageddon Outta Here wrote:and when are you getting you butts downs to australia

Soon as Australian gigorganisers want us there.

Armageddon Outta Here wrote:and did you do backing vocals on the arockalypse

No, I just joined the band when they were done. Or... maybe I did something girlish there...

Armageddon Outta Here wrote:well that might be seven questions but your the first monster to answer a question and i the queen insanity quite intriuging?

I'm glad if I could help you. We're two of a kind :P
Hello Awa!

Greetings from Canada. Lordi is rocking hard here too (at least when I can help it by playing it REALLY loud, heh).
Here I stand with sword in hand. While standing tall I heed the call...........of heavy metal. \m/
MasterofPuppets

Postby Joni Master » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:25 am

Happy birthday Awa... :twisted:
Joni Master

PreviousNext

Return to Members