Monsterboard

Kalma on the board!

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Fallen One » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:45 pm

lol... Funny story... Glad to hear noone got hurt though.

Well, it seems to me that you're the most active Lordi member on the forums, Mr. Kalma. Congrats for that ;)

Greetings,
Fallen.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Fallen Angel » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:22 pm

I’m glad to hear that no one was hurt Kalma. At least we know that the technician knows that he did it wrong and he won’t do it again, we hope. I wonder, if it happened at the Brits in Britain, how come we didn’t hear about it, especially me because I actually watch the Brits sometimes. You performed at the Brits? Or have I mis-read that post?

W-N-F :twisted:.
Life is unpredictable, just go along with it
Fallen Angel

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:46 pm

Yeah you missread it W-N-F.

Thanks a Beast load Mr. Kalma, I knew you would be the person to ask as you seem to be here alot of the time, I feel sorry for that other band having their equipment sent up in flames like that, but atleast it wasnt you going up in flames Mr. Kalma.
... I wonder if that technician burnt off his eyebrows :P .

Thank you so much Mr. Kalma for answering that question for me, I do have another one if you dont mind. I believe it is quite a good question alot of people here would like to know about.
If you have the spare time Mr. Kalma I would be incredibly happy if you would answer this one question.

I read that ALL the Bass in Get Heavy was played by Magnum, and I wondered how that made you feel, Having yourself on the front of the album and Magnum only having his little space in the back. Was it hard having to learn all the bass for Lordis songs and trying to fit in with the band?

Thank you a Beast load Mr. Kalma for your time.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Fallen Angel » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:53 pm

My god I bet that must have been awkard for you Mr Kalma. Actually I would like to know about that Mr Kalma if you don't mind because I find it difficult to fit in so I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you. How did you feel? Actually that is kind of personal, :?, did the other Monsters give you a warm hellcome?

Fallen Angel

Postby Kalma » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:02 am

Beauty of the beast wrote:I read that ALL the Bass in Get Heavy was played by Magnum, and I wondered how that made you feel, Having yourself on the front of the album and Magnum only having his little space in the back. Was it hard having to learn all the bass for Lordis songs and trying to fit in with the band?

Fitting in the band wasn't a problem at all because I knew all the guys beforehand. And what comes to the learning of the songs, they are not that hard to play so they were pretty easy to learn...Of course we had to rehearse a lot, but it went quite smoothly. Our reheasals are pretty effective, we don't talk much shit when it's time to work!

How did I feel about Magnum playing all the basses...well when they were recording the Get Heavy album, I didn't know that I was going to be in the band, so of course that was ok to me! Of course it would have been nice to play in that album but hopefully we have lots of album ahead of us, and I can be part of them all!
Kalmageddon...still lurking in the shadows....
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Fallen Angel » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:48 am

Kalma wrote:How did I feel about Magnum playing all the basses...well when they were recording the Get Heavy album, I didn't know that I was going to be in the band, so of course that was ok to me!

How did it actually some about you joining the band? No one on here actually knows what happened with Magnum and I don't think anyone know how you came about as the new Bass player, any story behind that? ((God I sounded like a Journalist then :P)).

Kalma wrote:Of course it would have been nice to play in that album but hopefully we have lots of album ahead of us, and I can be part of them all!

I do hope that there are lot's of album a head of you guys because I don't know what this place would be like without you lot in it ((this place -refering to the world, not the forum)). And one more thing, no offence meant to Mr Magnum, but I think that the band is actually better with you Mr Kalma, as I feel that you suit the whole Monster theme more than what Mr Magnum did. Also, I know this may sound quit confusing, but I have to say that you are the sexist Biker Zombie from Hell I have ever seen :P.

Fallen Angel

Postby Yrindale » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:41 am

Kalma, since you are the single most lively zombie I've met (perhaps it's the alcohol that does it?), I have a question. As you know I do some zombie art, but I've never quite been able to ask a zombie what they'd be interested in.

If I were to do a kalma based zombie picture would you have any suggestions? I find myself lacking in amusing zombie art idea's sadly - figured I'd go find me a real zombie to ask ;)
Yrindale

Postby Aggronor » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:56 am

Thanks alot Mr Kalma.I wanted to buy a ESP but sadly I can't find ESP basses in my country (and I'm to lazy to order one by internet :) )
Will play for food!!!
Aggronor

Postby Fallen Angel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:35 am

I was going to mention about using Ebay to order one because you can find loads of things on there and the prices don't take the piss niether.

With basses there are never much choice when it comes to buying one, especially over here because all the good basses are all in a different country and if you want one you have to order one if you want it. I think it is kind of mean.

Mr. Kalma, how old where you when you started learning the bass? Also how old where you when you recieved you own first bass and what make was it?

..::Fallen Angel::..
Fallen Angel

Postby Beauty of the beast » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:57 am

Thank you a Beast load Mr. Kalma for the replies.

I'll look forward to seeing you in the UK Scala gig soon.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Fallen Angel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Mr. Kalma I wanted to ask about when you are performing with the other guys... you and Mr. Amen always seem to get on very well with each other and kind of play of each others actions, is that planned or do you just kind of do it?

I think the pyrotechnics you use in your shows are amazing too, are you going to be using them at the concert in London? I just hope you don't hurt anyone or yourselfs.. I was quite shocked about what happened when they pyrotechnics went wrong at your last concert :shock:.

Fallen Angel

Postby Kalma » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:19 pm

Fallen Angel wrote:you and Mr. Amen always seem to get on very well with each other and kind of play of each others actions, is that planned or do you just kind of do it?

What we are doing on stage comes pretty naturally. Of course we always check out each others actions on stage and react to them if necessary...We are not planning anything, we are just going with the flow 8)

I think the pyrotechnics you use in your shows are amazing too, are you going to be using them at the concert in London? I just hope you don't hurt anyone or yourselfs.. I was quite shocked about what happened when they pyrotechnics went wrong at your last concert :shock:

Unfortunately we are not allowed to use any pyros in LaScala. It is an old and traditional building and pyros are forbidden there. The stage is also quite small and that is always little risky with pyrotechnics involved. But you shouldn't worry about the pyros though...If we use them, there is always lots of professional technicians and security persons to make sure, that the audience is safe. These persons are trained to use fire extinquishers is a matter of seconds, if something should go wrong. So don't worry!
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:30 pm

Hello Mr.Kalma.

I was talking to Mr. Amen a while back through Email about having my Tokai signed at the Scala gig. He said he would sign it but we werent sure how to get to eachother. I emailed Scala and they said it has to be sorted out by your mannager. Do you Mr. Kalma know about any way we can meet? I would love to meet you guys or Monsters even.

Thanks for your time Mr. Kalma, reply when you have the spare time.

P.S. good luck with the Recordings for the new album.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Fallen Angel » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:26 pm

Kalma wrote:What we are doing on stage comes pretty naturally. Of course we always check out each others actions on stage and react to them if necessary...We are not planning anything, we are just going with the flow 8)

Cool, at least you two are keeping the performance slighty planned so that nothing goes wrong when you are on stage. I can't wait until I get to see you guys on stage, it is going to be sooo cool!

Kalma wrote:Unfortunately we are not allowed to use any pyros in LaScala. It is an old and traditional building and pyros are forbidden there. The stage is also quite small and that is always little risky with pyrotechnics involved.

That's shame about the Pyrotechnics Mr. Kalma because the pictures I have seen of you guys performing are quite cool with the Pryotechnics that are used on your bass and Mr. Amen's guitar. I would have loved to have seen that in concert but if it isn't allowed... at least it means that I can come see you again used to see the Pyrotechnics :wink:.

Kalma wrote:If we use them, there is always lots of professional technicians and security persons to make sure, that the audience is safe. These persons are trained to use fire extinquishers is a matter of seconds, if something should go wrong. So don't worry!

That is some useful news, as because if you do use Pyrotechnics at least I will know that it is all under control and that I am safe in the crowd. Hope if you do use them then at least I know you guys are safe as well as the crowd.

Fallen Angel

Postby MasterofPuppets » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:25 am

Hi Kalma.

I am glad the pyro accident was only minor. I remember not that long ago at a metal concert in the USA for the 80's metal band Whitesnake, the pyrotechnics caught the stage on fire. If that wasn't bad enough, the concert was at a very old bar that had only ONE exit. Well, as you can imagine, everyone panicked when the place caught on fire. This resulted in everyone trying to exit out one door, trampling each other. In the end, the entire building burnt down with everyone trapped inside. I don't remember the exact number of deaths, but it was around 100 if I remember correctly. Not good. :cry:

On another note. I noticed in your profile that other than tits and a few other interests of mine also, you list guns. I am a gun nut myself and shoot every weekend. Do you shoot, and if so, what? :)
Here I stand with sword in hand. While standing tall I heed the call...........of heavy metal. \m/
MasterofPuppets

Postby the*morning*star » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:02 am

Kalma!

I was just looking at your profile, while it was being mentioned (I'm nosey like that :lol: :lol: )

booze,tits,bikes,heavymetal,guns,more tits

Not at the same time I hope?!?! :shock: :P :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the*morning*star

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:40 pm

Heheee it would make some kind of Drink despensing heavymetal femmbot... Interesting :P .

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Kalma » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:03 pm

MasterofPuppets wrote: I remember not that long ago at a metal concert in the USA for the 80's metal band Whitesnake, the pyrotechnics caught the stage on fire.

Correction: the band was Great White, not Whitesnake...

On another note. I noticed in your profile that other than tits and a few other interests of mine also, you list guns. I am a gun nut myself and shoot every weekend. Do you shoot, and if so, what? :)

I haven't fired a real gun since -95, nowadays I just shoot with my love gun...or cannon, whatever :lol:
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Beauty of the beast » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:58 pm

Kalma wrote:I haven't fired a real gun since -95, nowadays I just shoot with my love gun...or cannon, whatever :lol:

You realy are the Dirtiest Monster I know Mr. Kalma... I'm sure alot of the women like it :twisted: .

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby MasterofPuppets » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:22 am

Kalma wrote:
MasterofPuppets wrote: I remember not that long ago at a metal concert in the USA for the 80's metal band Whitesnake, the pyrotechnics caught the stage on fire.

Correction: the band was Great White, not Whitesnake...

I haven't fired a real gun since -95, nowadays I just shoot with my love gun...or cannon, whatever :lol:

Oh yea, my bad, Great White. Well, obviously you heard about it already then, heh.

Which is more fun is questionable, but the "love gun" is cheaper to fire..........oh wait, there's dinner, and flowers, and movies.......ok, never mind, heh. :twisted:
Here I stand with sword in hand. While standing tall I heed the call...........of heavy metal. \m/
MasterofPuppets

Postby Fallen Angel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Kalma wrote:I haven't fired a real gun since -95, nowadays I just shoot with my love gun...or cannon, whatever :lol:

You certainly are the filthiest monster out of the entire band :twisted:… I think that you really need to be less filthy mister on the board. Actually maybe not, I find it quite amusing and I think that you are a funny guy :lol:. I think that some of the things you come out with are a once in life time thing... I think that if you opened your own shop and sold Lordi merchandise (( like your thongs )), I think that a lot of people would buy them, I know I would :twisted:.

Fallen Angel

Postby SMF » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:44 pm

Kalma,
I was wondering how you feel about the board trying to be so 'safe'? Is it the band that doesn't want the profanity and requests the threads to be locked, or is it the moderators? You seem like the most Rock n Roll/Metal one of the group so I wanna know what you think.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Fallen Angel » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:55 pm

Hey Mr. Kalma,

Recently when I was at the gig at La Scala, I noticed on one of the close up photographs that I took of your face that your costume was slightly out of place. I just wanted to ask whether you knew this already or whether you had done it on purpose? If not, then at least you know for the next concert you do :twisted:.

Also, I wanted to tell you that you where most excellent on stage and I really enjoyed the performance that you and the other Monsters gave to us Monstermaniacs. And I did feel sorry for the girl in the cloak that you smashed your Bass on… even though it was only one of the cinematic parts of your concert, but you really did have contact :shock:. Poor girl...

Anyway.. Keep On Rocking my Heavy Monster!

Fallen Angel

Postby Soul Reaver » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:47 pm

nothing beats a zombie in a long coat and a top hat, you are without a doubt the coolest looking of the monster bunch.
Soul Reaver

Postby Anthalerero » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:03 pm

Hej Kalma!

On a few pictures, I saw that you carry a small metallic heart on the left arm of your costume. Does that have a special Reason?
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

PreviousNext

Return to Members