Monsterboard

Kalma on the board!

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Spellfire » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:59 am

I'd like to say how much I enjoy the music and think the videos are realy cool perticulaly blood red sandman
I've noticed on here that some people call you Kalma and some say Mr Kalma I was just woundering witch you prefer?
keep rocking
In the name of god, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.
Amen
Spellfire

Postby Rose Nightmaren » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:47 am

Kalma, your mask is awesome. Someone said you look like the infamous Skull Cowboy that was removed from the Crow movie (but can be scene on the DVD).

Did you take inspiration from it?

ARE you in fact the skull cowboy?
Rose Nightmaren

Postby Kalma » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:48 am

Anthalerero wrote:Hej Kalma!

On a few pictures, I saw that you carry a small metallic heart on the left arm of your costume. Does that have a special Reason?

It's because I'm such a nice person and a loving monster :lol:
Kalmageddon...still lurking in the shadows....
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Kalma » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:50 am

Spellfire wrote:I've noticed on here that some people call you Kalma and some say Mr Kalma I was just woundering witch you prefer?

Mr Kalma is very polite and shows respect to me. That's nice! So, from now on, it's Mr Kalma to you all 8)
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Kalma » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:52 am

Rose Nightmaren wrote:Kalma, your mask is awesome. Someone said you look like the infamous Skull Cowboy that was removed from the Crow movie (but can be scene on the DVD).

Did you take inspiration from it?

No.

ARE you in fact the skull cowboy?

Again, no.
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Rose Nightmaren » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:00 pm

Sorry Mr. Kalma, didn't mean to offend if you're not a fan of the Crow :)

How did you come up with such a great costume? What kind of process do the band members do to decide on their looks? Did you sit around together, or just go off and do sketches on your own?
Rose Nightmaren

Postby Kalma » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:08 pm

Rose Nightmaren wrote:Sorry Mr. Kalma, didn't mean to offend if you're not a fan of the Crow :) ?

I'm not offended at all.

How did you come up with such a great costume? What kind of process do the band members do to decide on their looks? Did you sit around together, or just go off and do sketches on your own?

This question has been answered many times here on the monsterboard, but anyway: all the "characters" in this band are pretty much created by Mr Lordi himself. Of course we all had some ideas and wishes for the costumes but what you see is basically coming from Mr Lordi's imagination!
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:59 pm

How is or was the Monstour Mr. Kalma? I have seen many pictures and heard alot of good things about the Monstour. what did you think of it?

P.S. thanks for handing me your pick at the La Scala Gig, That Rocked my day :D .

Stay Heavy Mosntermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Fallen Angel » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:42 am

Hope your having a good time scaring all the European children :twisted: You where awesome at the concert!

..::Fallen Angel::..
Life is unpredictable, just go along with it
Fallen Angel

Postby LoKKie » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:33 am

Hey! I'm not a child and I was scared too! :P

After seeing Mr. Kalma of (rotten) flesh and blood and not in pictures,I must say he looks like an older brother of Iron Maiden's Eddie :P (at least for me!).But our monster is more elegant,of course :roll:

Next time I'll steal some of your chains!!! :twisted: :P
LoKKie

Postby Fallen Angel » Sun May 01, 2005 3:25 am

It was amazing seeing Mr. Kalma at the concert that BotB and I went to at La Scala in London. I was stood right in front of him when he was on stage performing with the rest of the gang and I couldn’t believe how tall he was in his costume because of his platforms that he was wearing. I found him kind of attractive when I was looking at him for some reason because he was really tall and the shoulder pads he has on his costume where amazing :twisted: . When me and BotB met him before the concert though when he didn’t have his costume on… I swear I wouldn’t have recognised him unless someone had actually said it was him, he was a completely different person. I really wanted to hug him when I knew it was him… then again I felt like hugging the entire gang when I met them.

Fallen Angel

Postby Rose Nightmaren » Mon May 02, 2005 11:23 pm

I'm interested to know how people got to know the band so well, are they really that friendly that they got to make friends over the internet in their earlier days?
Rose Nightmaren

Postby Fallen Angel » Tue May 03, 2005 12:46 am

I got to know the band through BotB when I met him last January and then when I started to come on here and really started getting into the band I started to email them and plus BotB had got to know them through the forum and the website anyway, so when we met them in person at La Scala is wasn't that bad... Mr. Kalma was more quiet than us...

Fallen Angel

Postby Sanctuary_Bass » Wed May 04, 2005 11:00 pm

Yo Kalma! Your the coolest bassist I've ever heard of! I'm a bassist myself, I got my whole band into Lordi! You guys rock!!! I was at the gothenburg concert...niiiceeee...hehe, keep on breaking those old peoples backs! Me and my friend couldn't help laughing at that! hehe, it was hilarious! Are you going to headline any concerts in Sweden this year, if so, Iäm going to it!!! Kalmageddon rules! I've just learnt to play it on bass...nice riff! hehe...Stay rocking...I hope u guys last for a long time! :D
Sanctuary_Bass

kalma

Postby Shagrath » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:09 pm

Whta warwick bass Does Kalma Use??
Shagrath

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:18 pm

Kalma wrote:Well heyho there! My main instrument is ESP Ltd Viper 304 and spare one is Ibanez Ergodyne. Both black of course. Amps and cabins from Warwick.

Thats what Mr. Kalma said on page 4 of this thread...

I'd very much like to know what type of Warwick amps you use Mr. Kalma, to be honest I was surprised you use Warwick, I don't know why though, they are great amps.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Lostfourwords » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:00 pm

Hi Mr Kalma.1 Question.No offence to any band member but do you like Enary's tits?Once again, no offence meant.
Lostfourwords

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:35 pm

Read Mr. Kalmas' profile, he mentions tits twice...

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Lostfourwords » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:51 pm

Yeah I saw that but I was specifically asking if he liked Enarys.I can guess he probably would like...
Lostfourwords

Postby Kalma » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:53 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote:I'd very much like to know what type of Warwick amps you use Mr. Kalma, to be honest I was surprised you use Warwick, I don't know why though, they are great amps.

Right now I'm using Warwick ProFet III -amp, which is quite nice actually. In larger stages like Download for example I often use bigger amp, Pro Tube IV.
Great amps, affordable price, great sound...
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Kalma » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:00 pm

Lostfourwords wrote:Hi Mr Kalma.1 Question.No offence to any band member but do you like Enary's tits?Once again, no offence meant.

I don't think that way about Enary's tits. She is my band mate and you don't wanna mess with your band mates :lol: And remember kids: That is a rule :wink:
Kalma
Ex-bass

Postby Rose Nightmaren » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:48 pm

That's so sweet Kalma! What a gentleman.

Great to have you back, missed you guys lots ^_^

WIll Enary be around too? She kinda disappeared too, but I got an email from her a while back. Lovely lady.
Rose Nightmaren

Postby Fallen Angel » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:20 am

Kalma wrote:I don't think that way about Enary's tits. She is my band mate and you don't wanna mess with your band mates :lol: And remember kids: That is a rule :wink:

At least we know that you can control yourself around Miss. Enary. She might have to attack you if you had a look :P I don't think that would be Beastly having two of our Monsters having a fight... I wonder who would win *wonders off into dead thought*...

Anyway Mr. Kalma. I wanted to say, I am learning Bass pretty soon because I am getting my Bass Guitar for my birthday and I was wondering if you have any tips or advice for me and my learning?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Fallen Angel

Postby Lostfourwords » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:28 pm

Hey Mr Kalma, I just gotta respect you for that answer.Glad to know that you can control yourself.
Lostfourwords

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:27 pm

Thanks Mr. Kalma for the reply... now I'll just have to find out what amps Mr. Amen is using at the moment.

Thanks again Mr. Kalma. Warwick do Killer amps and basses.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Members