Monsterboard

MAGNUM

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:48 pm

What anushka posted was sufficient facts about him leaving Lordi, (thank you very much anushka for the link you posted as well), I was simply inquiring about edited bass parts in Get Heavy. That is all. However, it appears that my simple question has turned out to be such a problem for some people. Thank you very much for turning this more into a problem then it was actually worth. Good job, really makes me want to inquire about facts on the forum about the bands history. I'll just ask the bandmembers next time and spare myself the fucking drama here. Jesus.

Sadly, this just served as a bitter reminder to me about some people on this forum. I guess both sides here need to grow up.

So end this topic. No more point discussing it as no one is able to give a clear answer.
Last edited by Nightmare Wings Hell on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Thomas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Well, this is nothing to argue about. Maybe his bass was edited, maybe not. We don't know. People can believe in what they want to. The only who knows for sure is bandmembers of Lordi and Magnum himself
Thomas

Postby PEML94 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Thomas wrote:Well, this is nothing to argue about. Maybe his bass was edited, maybe not. We don't know. People can believe in what they want to. The only who knows for sure is bandmembers of Lordi and Magnum himself

Well said
PEML94

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Thomas wrote:Well, this is nothing to argue about. Maybe his bass was edited, maybe not. We don't know. People can believe in what they want to. The only who knows for sure is bandmembers of Lordi and Magnum himself

Hallelujah and Amen. I'll just keep my questions to myself from now on.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:03 pm

Thomas wrote:blaablaa...Magnum himself

Well, why the people can't believe me then?
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Thomas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:

SOme people don't believe in you 'cause you don't have any concrete evidence that he told you so. Simply as that. But let's stop arguing, this is getting annoying (I'm not saying this specific to YOU PoliceLineDoNotCross, but to everybody)
Thomas

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Thomas wrote:
Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:

SOme people don't believe in you 'cause you don't have any concrete evidence that he told you so. Simply as that. But let's stop arguing, this is getting annoying (I'm not saying this specific to YOU PoliceLineDoNotCross, but to everybody)

I don't care about evidences, because the important thing to me is that Magnum said that bass editing didn't happen. And thats enough for me 8)

I'm now out of this thing.
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby martinmaniac » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote: I'm now out of this thing.

you promise? Thanks...
martinmaniac

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 pm

Okay ladies and gents, we can end this topic. Got my question answered. Let it be gone in the catacombs somewhere :twisted:
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Ida » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Just one simple little thing, I don't wanna "argue" but I want to put in;

Maybe, HE doesn't KNOW they edited it, even if they did. So, then it is true in his world that they didnt edit it, but true in the others world that they did edit it. You get me? It's always two sides.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Mie Oon Lordi's word against Magnum's :wink:
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Stude » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 pm

It's so cute that you can still talk about this.
Last edited by Stude on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're my heroin.
Stude

Postby Thomas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Ida wrote:Just one simple little thing, I don't wanna "argue" but I want to put in;

Maybe, HE doesn't KNOW they edited it, even if they did. So, then it is true in his world that they didnt edit it, but true in the others world that they did edit it. You get me? It's always two sides.

NO. That would just be so unprofessional. But Ida, you don't want to make a fight outta this, but this can be a huge "catfight" very fast, so just please don't talk about this anymore :) Thanks! ;D
Thomas

Postby Lordi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:54 am

Hi all!

I just happened to check on this topic and there´s a war going on! :twisted:
Well, lemme clear some things up so you´ll get your minds at ease.

First of all, to make this clear if someone is in doubt;
Editing does NOT mean deleting. Editing is something that is very commonly used on ALL the instruments nowadays, including vocals. For example, a guitar riff or a drum pattern, or a bass line, or a vocal line, can and sometimes is put together from several different takes, to get the best possible feel and groove. Especially in pop music, this kind of editing is used all over the songs. In rock/metal, it is also used a LOT. Whenever it is needed or desired to have a human play like a machine, you know it is most likely "edited" together at some point.

In the case of Get Heavy and Magnum.. Magnum did definitely play ALL the basses on the album, nothing was taken away nor replaced by anyone else or such.

But was his playing edited? Yes, the same way like ALL of our playing was. Drums were edited, guitars and my vocals in some cases were put together from separate words, even syllables. And depending on the case, some instruments/players/performances/songs need more editing than others.

And that procedure is continued being done in the studios everywhere, that´s how records are mostly done today! It is not anything that is done to "fool" the listeners or anything like that.
Of course, it can make a crappy band or player or singer sound amazing too, and there are a million examples of that! But the bottom line is, that it is just something the recording technology allows to do, and it is being done a lot. It is kinda like a situation where you would enter a cookie baking contest. Of course, you wanna pick up the best cookie of all the ones you baked from the same dough. Right? Right.

But I guess I know what the whole fuss you have here is actually about. Maybe some of you have confused the term of editing with this fact, that has been told before: one night in the studio, the producer TT did ask me to play the basses again, naturally when Magnum was not present. Needles to say, I refused. But that could have been done of course, without Magnum knowing about it. But we have never been and never will be a band that something like that will happen. There will be no re-recordings behind any other members back. That is unethical. Every single note you hear on a Lordi album, is played by the one it is said to be played by. GH is 100% Magnum on the bass.

But while that being said, there are bands that don´t mind, and for whom it is not a big deal. For example KISS did it all the time, and were no shy about admitting it at all. And that´s cool too. But would never work for us.

L
Lordi
Vocals

Postby AAore » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks for clearing it up :wink:
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

Postby Thomas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Oh man thank you Mr. Lordi! I think it's really great that you share a little about what's going on in a studio :D I'm really interested in such things :) Great that you gave us a final answer :)
Thomas

Postby King » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks L!
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby miss_brutality » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Thank you very much Mr Lordi :D
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Oh Lordi does this lift some clouds from the issue! Thank you Mr. L! :D
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby monsterboy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Have a litlebit more faith in the band.
Drummer for Solitude Within
Just support your band that you dig.That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling.
I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby Joni Master » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 pm

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/ ... poster.jpg

Got today rare poster where is Magnum. :)
Joni Master

Postby mr.Linoge » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 am

OMG So old :D
mr.Linoge

Postby RaceR » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 am

nice one Joni :D
RaceR

Postby Joni Master » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:47 am

RaceR wrote:nice one Joni :D

THX! My first Magnum poster. Magnum posters arent many I think.
Joni Master

Postby RaceR » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Joni Master wrote:
RaceR wrote:nice one Joni :D

THX! My first Magnum poster. Magnum posters arent many I think.

yup that's true... I'm trying to find all photos of magnum that are on internet... i have many but still I try to collect as much as I can... that's was my fav line-up :)
RaceR

PreviousNext

Return to Members