Yeah but who cant love Amen.

Stay Heavy :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Nofretete » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:30 pm

I just know it and i shouldn´t tell it here.But they are blue like the sky in Egypt.
Tarja:How do you mean that?

He must spend hours watching Amen and looking into his eyes, awwww they're in love(Only messing Nofretete. )

And beauty of the beast: You love the mummy it the depens to me i love the person behind it

But now i have to stop its not right what i´m doing here its his private live.,
Separate your tongue not from your heart, then everything, which you do, will succeed.
Nofretete

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:15 pm

Hell if you love the person behind the mummy then that isn't my place to probe... Believe what you want Nofretete, as long as you are happy and not going insane, following Amen about and anoying him then I'm fine with that.

Stay Heavy :twisted: .
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Fallen Angel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:45 am

Right I have spoke to BoTB and he actually didn't mean that to sound so nasty. So we apoligise to anyone who may have took offence to it. He also said that he doesn't think Amen is going to be so bothered if we discuss his eye colour.

BoTB also added:

His eyes must be a really light blue because you can see a tint of blue behind his white contacts

Anyway I don't think that Amen is going to be too bothered about us discussing his eye colour, I think he might be quite chuffed that where taken so much time paying attention to him to realise his eye colour.

Keep On Rocking!
Life is unpredictable, just go along with it
Fallen Angel

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:45 pm

Hello there Mr. Amen, I just wanted to post to say I hope you guys had a Hell of a great time in your Rovaniemi gig on the 2nd of December, I'll bet it was and is damn cold outside in Finland now.

Stay Heavy guys.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Chris k » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:52 am

Hey Amen

:?: This year I'm going to Egypt for my holidays for the second year running. You have any realatives still burried there I should look up? (or dig up :lol: ) :P lol

:?: For a more serious question there have been romours on the board that you are comming to the U.K. can you give us anything more than rumour? I'd love to see you guys on stage I'm sure it would be one hell of a show.

If you do come over could you make it up to scotland.......please . Id much rather see you on home soil than having to go down to england, but hey if I need to I'll do it. lol 8)
Your counting in the dark, the last beats of your pounding heart
Chris k

Postby Amen » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:07 pm

Hey Chris, and all the other maniacs! :twisted:

I've been quite busy in last few weeks, but I promise to answer all the questions asap.

Chris k wrote:This year I'm going to Egypt for my holidays for the second year running. You have any realatives still burried there I should look up? (or dig up :lol: ) :P lol

Oh yeah, I have many friends and relatives over there! Dig'em up? I would advise against it, 'cos if you do that, you will turn into a mummy :wink:

Chris k wrote:.. there have been romours on the board that you are comming to the U.K. can you give us anything more than rumour?

Check out the 'events' -page, 23 March London :twisted:

I'll be back,
Amen \,,/
So be it, it shall be done
Amen
Guitar

Postby Gareth » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:21 pm

hey Amen!

a general question to the band, who is responsible for the backing vocals, such as "can you hear how the children weep" in blood red sandman?
and, how odl were you,a nd how did you learn to play the guitar? how long did it take, and at what stages were you when, kinda?

Gareth
Break you down
Mercy - I cannot allow
Through your face my fist will plow
Watching as your blood runs down
Let's do this now

-KoRn
Gareth

Postby The Prophecy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:52 pm

Hey Amen,

I imagined, that you perhaps would like to know as old is your probably youngest fan. So I have a six-year-old brother, his name is Niklas. When I showed him the video for "Blood Red Sandman" the first time he found you the best at once. And since I have told him that mummies come from Egypt he loves this country. He permanently says that he wants to go absolutely there.

Thanks to me the little boy very much also likes to hear Lordi. He has ordered himself an inflatable guitar from a catalogue and tries to imitate you if I show him the videos. :D
So steu're ich das Totenschiff
mit voller Kraft auf's nächste Riff.
Aufdass ihr an der Last erstickt
mit der ihr mich auf Reisen schickt.

http://spielwelt17.monstersgame.net/?ac ... d=60138078
The Prophecy

Postby Chris k » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:57 pm

Amen wrote:

[color=yellow]Check out the 'events' -page, 23 March London
:twisted:

I'll be back,
Amen \,,/

Thanx Amen for getting back to me. Unforyunately I'm going to a friends wedding that day. The only day I'm not free all march :cry:

You guys have a hell of a show. Kick Londons ass.

Hurry back though, I really want to see you guys live.

As for being turned into a Mummy, Worse things have happened to me. lol :wink:

Stay Heavy
Chris
Your counting in the dark, the last beats of your pounding heart
Chris k

Postby Fabiohevius » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:35 am

Hello Amen.....I think you are a great mister!!!
You move very well on stage and your kind of playing is great!!!
I have just one question:I'm a keyboardplayer and i want only one thing from you...lol
Could you give me the phone number of Enary because I'm fallen in love with her since i saw her for the fist time in your movie "the kin" :D
Enary I love you :lol: !!!!! :D :lol: :evil: :twisted:
I'm training keyboard wizardly.I will reach it one day or another....Bloody hell
Fabiohevius

Postby Amen » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:18 pm

Gareth wrote:...who is responsible for the backing vocals, such as "can you hear how the children weep" in blood red sandman?

Mr.Kita :twisted:

Gareth wrote:and, how odl were you,a nd how did you learn to play the guitar? how long did it take, and at what stages were you when, kinda?

odl=old? you know, you never should ask age of the girl or mummy :wink: Anyway, I'm a thousands years old :twisted:
I learned the basics of the guitar playing by jamming along with the AC/DC -albums and I guess I learned basic-shit at very short notice. I started to play guitar more seriously when I was a teen.

Amen
Last edited by Amen on Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So be it, it shall be done
Amen
Guitar

Postby Gareth » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:24 pm

:twisted: that's cool, but how does he handle that at live performances :O?? i was there in Malmö, and if i remember correctly Lordi had a mic ( of course ) but i think Kalma had one too ?

:twisted: i'll make a point out of that then :D alrighty then, thanks for the answers!
Break you down
Mercy - I cannot allow
Through your face my fist will plow
Watching as your blood runs down
Let's do this now

-KoRn
Gareth

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:07 pm

From what I can remember it is played by tape during the live performances, I think Enary would be the one to que it, or if not then some nice guy backstage... Either way I'm sure Amen will know the truth.

I have a question aswell Mr. Amen.
You said you started to play guitar more seriously when you were a teen, how long was it before you started to get ahold of the more tricky stuff like jumping madly between strings and soloing?
I'd also like to ask if you have any tips for doing solos? I have been trying stuff like finger tapping, and I have allmost got the hang of pinch harmonics, but what should I do to improve my abilities?

Thanks for helping us all here Mr. Amen.

P.S. I agree with your views on Solos Mr. Amen, I don like it when there is a solo stuck in a song for no reason, sure you look damn good with a wicked solo but it's the song that matters most right?

Thanks again Mr. Amen.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Deimos » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:33 pm

I'd also like to ask if you have any tips for doing solos? I have been trying stuff like finger tapping, and I have allmost got the hang of pinch harmonics, but what should I do to improve my abilities?

Damn it! That was also my question! :lol:

But no problem.. I have another one! Unfortunately I do not know if it has already been asked.
What do you (you = Mr. Amen and everyone else here, too) think is the best guitarsolo in any song?
(I know. This is a very imprecise question.. but I just can't make up my mind. There are so many of 'em played in so many different styles..)
Let's put it this way: Is or was there any guitarsolo that especially impressed you?
THE BLACKNESS COMES
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
... THE BLADE IS GONNA RIDE!
Deimos

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:37 pm

Well if you disregard the likes of Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and that other dude with the mad name ( and the fact they arent realy bands as such, just people ), I'd definatley go for the solo from Not the nicest guy by our god of gods Mr. Amen and Lordi because it destroys my head each time I hear it, it sounds simple at first, ( it kinda seems like Mr. Amens guitar is replying to Mr. Lordi when he sings " Oooooo Guitar! " ). then it kicks off with killer intent, moves into another teasing build up to the final finger flailing action, just so tasty! It moves with the song so well!

And for just plain madness in a solo I'd choose the Neverlasting solo by Sentenced... I cant realy describe it, you just have to listen to the song and wonder how in hell these people do it like they do.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Deimos » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:55 pm

Hell Yeah, I know what you mean!

Mr. Amen's "Not The Nicest Guy"-solo really is a killer. I've been trying to play it myself.. but I can only play a "veeeeery" simple version of it. :?
And Lordis "Oooh Guitar"-scream fit's the whole thing so well.. I still get goosebumps listening to it!

I do not know if anyone know's this song, but I personally love the song "Weekend" by "X-Japan" (80's to 90's.. japanese Rock-/Metal-Band).
The song itself is quite ok.. but what makes it perfect is the guitarsolo!
Those guys play there guitars so damn fast.. you could actually think they're Slayer. But they don't play it as "mad" as Slayer but much more harmonic.. it's really fantastic!
THE BLACKNESS COMES
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
... THE BLADE IS GONNA RIDE!
Deimos

Pickups

Postby Tolkelas » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:07 pm

Well Amen they closed my pickups post so I'll ask you here. What pickups de you use? I really like that sound that you ahve and I was just wondering what makes that beutifull sound apart, of course, from your bandaged fingers. By the way what amp and head do you use?

Salut
Tolkelas

Postby Ashe » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:20 am

Wow, it's been a while. Hey Amen, do you still have all the pics of those guitar pics I made for you? I'm remaking one of them but I can't remember the pics I used for the other 2. And how did the amp search go? I read through the old stuff and we were talking about Marshall JCMs and the Peavey Triple XXX series. What did you finally land on?
Ashe

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:51 am

Just a quick little question to Ashe here: Dude what do you think about the Line 6 Spider 2 amp? I recently got one and I was just wondering what you thought about it.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby monsterfreak » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:33 am

Heya Kita hows it hangin ^^ Gotta couple of questions for ya, the first one I know is probably driving you guys insane but what the hell, its a new year and maybe you have some new info. Are you coming to the US? =P I want to see you guys rock the hell out of the USA.

Next question is what do you suggest for me with this guitar problem. I play my guitar, try to learn a new chord, but everytime I play it it has that buzzy choppy sound and it is because my fingers, no matter where I put them, always touch strings other than the ones they are supposed to be on, am I doomed to never be able to play the fuitar and end up a mummy walking around without guitar skills? that would suck o.O

Forgive me for sounding all, weird for guitar help, but you know, might as well learn from the mummy master ^^
monsterfreak

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:44 am

I could give you a little help Monsterfreak, I play guitar and even tho I have a different playing style to most people I face the same problem learning new chords, A good thing to do is once you have the chord all ready, fingers in the right place and such, pluck each string in the chord and if any of the strings sound off e.g. they dont ring like they should you are most probably muting a string or two, make sure none of your fingers are touching any of the strings they shouldnt, It is hard getting used to chords, even after over a year of playing the guitar I still have trouble accidentaly muting strings.

I hope this helps you monsterfreak.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ashe » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:55 am

Beauty of the beast wrote:Just a quick little question to Ashe here: Dude what do you think about the Line 6 Spider 2 amp? I recently got one and I was just wondering what you thought about it.

Hey duder, line 6 spider eh? Personally, I hate line 6. It's not much the amps/company as it is I'm not a fan of digital amps. I don't like the way they sound with palm muting and you don't get that extra growl underneath a chord(see the verse of "Would You Love a Monsterman?" for an example). The trick with amps is that it comes down to personal preferance. If you like it man and you make it rock and it sounds good to you then more power to ya, but personally I'm a tube purist. Btw, how's your playin since I gave you the advice about the thumb?
Ashe

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:11 am

Playing has been going just dandy Ashe, I still use my thumb but to be honest it works just fine for me now, I adapt the normal chord diagrams to suit the way I play, I can play Over the hills and far away buy Nightwish now, I am amased I can play that fast, and it's the first big solo I have ever learnt. I'm still battling with finding that Melodic feel to my songs tho, I am currently experimenting with chords and trying to get a good Lordi based guitar feel to my songs, I realy want to make songs like Pet the Destroyer and Forsaken Fashion Dolls.

Thanks for the info on the amps aswell duder.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ashe » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:14 am

Rock on man, glad I could help!
Ashe

PreviousNext

Return to Members