Monsterboard

AMEN

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Amen » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:51 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote:My question is, what were the seven songs you used your quite stylish Baritone in?

Am I late with this answer or what? :P
Anyway, as far as I remember, those songs were:
-Children of the night (chorus)
-My heaven is your hell (main riffs, I also played extremely distorted bass in a first riff)
-Bring it on (chorus etc.)
-Blood red sandman (chorus)
-Fire in the hole (rhythm under solo)
-Wake the snake (rhythm under solo etc.)
-Kalmageddon (rhythm under solo & main riffs)

Amen \,,/
So be it, it shall be done
Amen
Guitar

Postby kerry » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:36 pm

Hey Amen your playing London why is there not a date in Scotland?
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
kerry

Postby MasterofPuppets » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:02 am

Amen wrote:
Beauty of the beast wrote:My question is, what were the seven songs you used your quite stylish Baritone in?

-My heaven is your hell (main riffs, I also played extremely distorted bass in a first riff)

Amen \,,/

HEH, better late than never. Besides, being late is a male thing, I do it constantly, hehhehe. :P
Here I stand with sword in hand. While standing tall I heed the call...........of heavy metal. \m/
MasterofPuppets

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:38 pm

Amen wrote:

Amen \,,/

Weyhey Thanks so much Mr. Amen. It's OK that you were a "little" late in replying, you are my God of gods and you can take as long as you want before replying to one of my questions :P .

I guess now from the answer to my question I know why it's allmost impossible to get the same sound as you get for the songs of Monsterican Dream.

Thanks again Mr. Amen and Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Mr.Guitar » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:42 pm

hi Amen,
i am a guitarist myself, and i had a question:

I saw that you have a gig in holland on april the 11th.
i also saw that you don't have a support, now was my question, i have a band and i think it would me great for you AND for us if we support you just that gig.
think about it and tell me wether you think it is a good idea or not.
i know it sounds a bit weird, but i think this is a great plan.

keep on rockin

Mr. Guitar
once again there is pain
i bring flames, i bring cold
Mr.Guitar

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:36 pm

Not a bad idea there Mr. Guitar, but more than often it's out of the bands hands or claws in this case to choose who or what's gonna happen at a gig.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby bah » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:22 am

Hey Amen,
Im an Australian fan, yes thats Australia not Austria :)
Look, I love your stuff, it would be so awesome to see you guys come to OZ.
Please think about it,
If ya do, please swing by Perth WA, id love to meet you guys!
Anyway,
Enjoy!
bah

Postby devilhound » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:18 pm

HEY SUP DUDE

im a big guitarist my self and pratice a hell of a lot i have a warlock signature series. your riff in blood red sandman is totally cool can u tell me where i could get hte tabs cause i cant find em. is it hard to play with makeup and glaoves nad whatever else you where?

keep up the good work dudes you rock!!!!
ALL HAIL THE DEVIL HOUND!!! I RAPE UR NIGHTMERES!

SATAN REPRESENTS VITAL EXSITENCE INSTEAD OF PIPE-DREAMS
devilhound

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:35 pm

You can use a very good software that free from the web called Guitar Pro, it plays tabs for you and shows the chords and everything. I use it and in my opinion I have got prety damn good in just over a year.

You can get guitar pro by just googling it, it will be on the first page.

Now there is a website called www.mysongbook.com this is the place you download the tabs, Lordis Would you love a Monsterman, The Devil is a Loser and Blood Red Sandman are on there. just download the files, open them in guitar pro and play!

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby devilhound » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:48 pm

RAWKIN thanks botb I checked it out and am playing lordi in no time thanks dude
ALL HAIL THE DEVIL HOUND!!! I RAPE UR NIGHTMERES!

SATAN REPRESENTS VITAL EXSITENCE INSTEAD OF PIPE-DREAMS
devilhound

Postby Amendanumero1 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:07 pm

Yo Amen r u guys ever comin to America? U guys r awesome but I really u wanna c u in America. So plz tell me!! CHEERS. Amen u rock!
Amendanumero1

Postby Ashe » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:47 pm

Yall should totally come to America. I would so be there and I'd love to meet ya Amen.
Ashe

Postby the*morning*star » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:57 am

Well Amen if were giving you our requests, I want you to come on up to Yorkshire ~ I know you're doing a UK show, but its miles away! Come on, I know you want to - we've tons of erm...sheep up here, oh and they make nice fish & chips I'm told :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and if you do ~ I'm begging you to to a tour of a few streets! I'd LOVE to see the looks on peoples faces!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
the*morning*star

Postby Ashe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:47 am

*L* That would rock...Amen shambling down the streets.
Ashe

Postby TheHatred » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:27 pm

the*morning*star wrote:Well Amen if were giving you our requests, I want you to come on up to Yorkshire ~ I know you're doing a UK show, but its miles away! Come on, I know you want to - we've tons of erm...sheep up here, oh and they make nice fish & chips I'm told :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can coroborate this. Yorkshire is best for cuisine, and the fish & chips simply cant be beaten. Plus, like Star said... sheep. Great sheep.

I've got a question for Amen: Have you seen Bubba Ho-Tep? Your resemblance to the Ho-Tep is pretty strong. Great film, by the way, excellent example of Bruce Campbell's forté.
I love a Monster Man.
TheHatred

Postby Ashe » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:41 am

Hail to the king baby.
Ashe

Postby Amen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:29 pm

Amendanumero1 wrote:Yo Amen r u guys ever comin to America?

Trust me, it would be a dream come true for us..

Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Amen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:35 pm

Mr.Guitar wrote:i have a band and i think it would me great for you AND for us if we support you just that gig.

Hi, you know, like Beauty Of The Beast said, it's more or less out of the bands hands. I think u should take a contact in that club and ask them. Personally I don't have anything against it, I guess it would be a lot of fun :twisted:

All the Be(a)st with your band,
Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Amen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:36 pm

Fabiohevius wrote:Could you give me the phone number of Enary because I'm fallen in love with her since i saw her for the fist time in your movie "the kin" :D

For sure!
It's 666. :P

Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Amen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:41 pm

The Prophecy wrote:..So I have a six-year-old brother, his name is Niklas. When I showed him the video for "Blood Red Sandman" the first time he found you the best at once. And since I have told him that mummies come from Egypt he loves this country. He permanently says that he wants to go absolutely there.

He has ordered himself an inflatable guitar from a catalogue and tries to imitate you if I show him the videos. :D

Hey man,
that's absolutely great! :D
If u have a video camera, take some true-young-guitar-playing-attitude on the tape and please send it to me, I guess we have a lot of use for a material like that, for example in our website or upcoming DVD or..u know.

All the Be(a)st for you and for your family,
Hope to meet you someday,

Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Amen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:46 pm

Btw u mummy freaks,
your discussions about my eye color was something...hmm..er..funny? :D

You haven't noticed that my eyes are dead, have you? :P

Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Amen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:44 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote:You said you started to play guitar more seriously when you were a teen, how long was it before you started to get ahold of the more tricky stuff like jumping madly between strings and soloing?

Okay, first of all, you can't learn to play guitar if u keep on watching clock or calendar all the time, u know what I mean? I understand what you mean with your question, but it's like with a woman, again, :wink: it might take sometime to get there but in the end your efforts will be..how you say it...bear fruit :wink:

But seriously,
first when I picked up my acoustic nylon string guitar I was something like a five or six years old and I just played children's songs with my nanny :)
As a teen I started to do rock-stuff, and as soon as I got some distortion out of my guitar I started to play along with the albums I loved, u know, it was based on imitation. I guess it took a few months to learn the basic chords and different variations of those and a few months more learn to play them smoothly one chord after the other.

I never wasn't so much into soloing, I just loved the rhythms I got out of my guitar, until I collide with the blues. And I still haven't recovered from that "accident" and u know what, I don't even want to! :) I remember playing along blues records hours and hours per day and from there I learned the basics of the soloing. So there was a time when I played only blues..it was a two year period in my life, only blues :) When I came back to my "blues heaven" :D I noticed that all the bands I loved used the same kinda riffs, licks, that is in use in blues. So...what was the question? :) Anyway, I started to use techniques I learned from the blues in rock music.

Beauty of the beast wrote:I'd also like to ask if you have any tips for doing solos? I have been trying stuff like finger tapping, and I have allmost got the hang of pinch harmonics, but what should I do to improve my abilities?

I guess I more or less already answered in your question. I would advise you not to take advises from anybody, ever. :) just follow your fingers and ears. But I think that there is a lot of articles in internet where you can find some useful tips. And you can also take a one easy song from your favorite artist, find the tabs for that, and learn the basic stuff that way. It's slated to put up a some kinda "Amen's guitar lessons" website later this year. If it's gonna happen then we can absorbed in that issue more deeply.

Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Beauty of the beast » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:28 pm

Ahhh the Amen posting spree... It's almost becoming a trend. :P .

But anyway, Thank You a Beast load Mr. Amen, you have answered allot of questions for us... and mine as well!

I'll definitely remember what you said Mr. Amen, especially this one below.

Amen wrote:
it's like with a woman, again, :wink: it might take sometime to get there but in the end your efforts will be..how you say it...bear fruit :wink:

Amen \,,/

I'm also soon to be on stage performing, I'm playing the Synth in Nightwish's Crimson Tide for my friend for his GCSE Music piece... I would have played the guitar but he is a much better guitarist than I, and it is his GCSE Music piece anyway.

Thanks for the Hellish tips and Beastly information Mr. Amen, you really are a great help to me and many of the Monstermaniacs out there...

I got your Email and I sent a reply, I thank you again for agreeing to sign my guitar on the gig day... I'll see you there.

Thanks again for the excellent help, information and insight into your past Mr. Amen.

Stay Heavy Mr. Amen and Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Fallen One » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:11 am

I have to agree with the above stated... And might I add that I just love how you always manage to get women involved in your posts lol...

I think I'm going to buy an guitar some day... But I need money first... -.-

Now what I need is conscent from my parents (oh boy...), money and an idea of what could be a nice guitar (Although I do know how to tell an accoustic guitar from an electric one... That's about all I know about those :p)

Who knows, perhaps one day I too will be playing away to the sounds of Lordi.

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby MasterofPuppets » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:59 am

Hi Amen. Greetings from Canada. If I had the cash, I would fly your asses over here personally so I could infect Canada with some Lordi, heh.

*opens wallet* Damn.........ok, never mind. The bank already took it all. :P

It's nice to see that you guys post here frequently. Most bands don't bother to keep in contact with their fan base. Glad to see that you can find a minute or 5 in your schedule to answer some questions.

You mentioned a DVD in your earlier post. Is there a Lordi DVD on the horizon? That is about the only way I will ever be able to see you guys live I think, so a Live DVD or something of the sort would rock. :P

Rock on and keep the metal alive;
Cory
Here I stand with sword in hand. While standing tall I heed the call...........of heavy metal. \m/
MasterofPuppets

PreviousNext

Return to Members