Monsterboard

AMEN

Discussion about band members

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:01 pm

Song titles are not secret, but we still working on those.. Some "working-titles" are Kalmageddon, Pyromite, Haunted Town..
yeah I heard about the Kalmageddon title, but these other titles are new to me.

Oh and I hear it's Kitas birthday on the 23rd right? I gotta wish him a hell of a birthday :twisted: .

And I know this is a bit of a tall order Amen but is there any chance you could share the Get Heavy Tabs for the guitar or even Bass with me (with the bands approval of course). I can already play Would you love a Monsterman and I'd really love it if I could learn to play Get Heavy.
I have looked everywhere for the tabs but I can only find The Devil is a loser and would you love a Monsterman. I would greatly appreciate it if you would share the Get heavy tabs with me.
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Beauty of the beast » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:24 pm

Hey I jus been looking on the Ibanez site Amen and I found this model called the MDN1, it's made to look like tis wraped in tape, but it also looks like it's been mummified, I know you like the idea of playing normal instruments and not custom made ones for the bands immage, but seeming as this is a real guitar thats in production you should have a look at it, it's realy great looking. I recon it would fit in with the theme quite well heheee.
The specifications for it are :
; NDM neck.
; Basswood body
; Medium frets
; Fixed bridge
; INF1 (H) neck
; INFS1 (S) mid
; INF2 (H) bridge

and I got a pic of it here.
I hope you like it Amen.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Nofretete » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:22 pm

Hey Amen
Do you have some News out of the studio?
Which songs will we hear also on the new album?
greats from you lovley mummy
Nofretete :twisted:
Separate your tongue not from your heart, then everything, which you do, will succeed.
Nofretete

Postby Amen » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:03 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote:[is there any chance you could share the Get Heavy Tabs for the guitar

Hey,
we have received a lot of questions about the tabs, and yes, we gonna release tabs of the Get Heavy and forthcoming album during springtime. Meanwhile, check out the www.monsterdiscohell.com
(http://www.monsterdiscohell.com/index.h ... t_getheavy)

Amen \,,/
So be it, it shall be done
Amen
Guitar

Postby Amen » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:16 pm

Nofretete wrote:Do you have some News out of the studio?
Which songs will we hear also on the new album?

Hey,
yesterday I recorded last guitar solos for the album, so now all the guitars has been done. Actually, the whole album is now recorded, and we'll start mixing it on a next week. I advise you to check out our studio diary at www.lordi.org/studio/diary.htm Last four weeks has been gone really fast, and we all are very satisfied with the end result so far. We still haven't decided title for the record. Probably there will be 11-12 songs. This weekend we have a day off-weekend, which we will spent by taking new promo shots :twisted:

Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Nofretete » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:52 pm

hay Amen

When can we see this promo shots?
How long do you have to get dressed?It seems to be difficult to get in your mummydress
Separate your tongue not from your heart, then everything, which you do, will succeed.
Nofretete

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:21 pm

Amen wrote:Hey,
we have received a lot of questions about the tabs, and yes, we gonna release tabs of the Get Heavy and forthcoming album during springtime.

Amen \,,/

Thanks Amen, You have been a great help, I'll look forward to the new album.

Stay Heavy.
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Amen » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:31 pm

Nofretete wrote:When can we see this promo shots?

Soon... :twisted: New single is coming out in a few weeks..
Nofretete wrote:How long do you have to get dressed?It seems to be difficult to get in your mummydress

It depends..for example last photosession; it took something like 3 to 4 hours..
Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Nofretete » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:02 pm

----
Last edited by Nofretete on Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nofretete

Postby Ashe » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:00 pm

Amen, Sup duder. Got another guitar designed for ya. It's got the old school mummy thing goin.

http://www22.brinkster.com/ashe0420/ima ... spaul3.jpg

As usual, copy and paste into the address bar.

Also, you said you were tryin the JCM800/900 w/ Boss Super Overdrive set up, have you looked at Peavey's Triple XXX head? I freakin love it and I'm hopin to get one. www.peavey.com
Ashe

Postby Amen » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:38 pm

Nofretete wrote:Ohhh it tooks a long time.
Even if you have had some nice girls around you?:-) :twisted:

That's the reason why it takes such a long time.. :wink:
Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Amen » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:45 pm

Ashe wrote:Amen, Sup duder. Got another guitar designed for ya. It's got the old school mummy thing goin.
http://www22.brinkster.com/ashe0420/ima ... spaul3.jpg

Hahaa, it looks just like my brother!!! :lol:

Ashe wrote:...have you looked at Peavey's Triple XXX head? I freakin love it and I'm hopin to get one. www.peavey.com

No, I haven't...should I :?:
Amen \,,/
Amen
Guitar

Postby Ashe » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:16 pm

Dude they're an awesome amp. Three independant channels, clean, crunch and ultra(most people use crunch for rhythm and ultra for lead). Very versatile. Definitely worth checking out man.
Ashe

erm...

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:19 am

I know this is a bit of a odd thing to ask but...
I gather from the music videos that I've seen you play the guitar normaly... well I seem to only be comfortable playing the top string with my thumb instead of using my fingers. I can play prety much the same as everyone else but should I try to stop using my thumb on the top string..E..? or does it not matter?
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ashe » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:35 am

Definitely stop using your thumb, it's a bad habit to form and if you can only do it that way chances are you're holding the guitar at an uncomfortable angle. Sorry I know you asked Amen but I play guitar too so I figured I'd answer, um...sorry Amen :lol: Anyways, try moving the neck around to find a better position.
Ashe

Postby Beauty of the beast » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:08 pm

Tis ok Ashe, I try to play the normal way but my little finger bends in... realy it does, it's genetic, the top part of my little finger bends inwards so I can barely reach the right note. I've tried to use my other fingers and it goes prety well for powerchords past 7 on the fretboard but I still have to strengthen my fingers up heheee at the moment they keep leaving one another behind.
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ashe » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:47 pm

No worries, my little finger bends in too, you just have to get your fingers stretched REALLY good so that they can go where you need them too. A good stretching exercise I did is I'd split my fingers and put my middle and index and ring and little fingers together so there's a V between them and stretch out my fingers, and then I'd put my middle and ring fingers together and stretch out my index and little finger. Works well.
Ashe

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:54 am

Yeah I'm getting used to it now, it's helps learning some of Sentenced songs as I have to have a open note on E when playing a fret like 7 on the lower string, I'm sure Lordi have a good bit like that, I just gotta learn the Lordi songs I dont know now :twisted: .

Is it ok that I use my thumb on the top string still?
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ashe » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:01 pm

no duder, still a bad habit. Just keep stretchin your fingers out and you'll get there. And like I said, maybe you need to adjust how you're holding the neck so that your fret fingers can have maximum reach.
Ashe

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:12 am

Crap!!

eh well I have been stretching my fingers more now, you know the vulcan sighn that you can do with your hand when you separate both sets of fingers so they are like a V or so it is asif you only have 2 big fingers ? well I can finaly do that with my lest hand... admittadly not as good as I can with my right, but I gather it's a sighn that my fingers are getting stronger and more flexible right?
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ashe » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:57 pm

Aye, just keep at it man and don't forget to switch up so that you have a pinky, one big middle finger and an index finger. Just keep on stretchin and usin good hand posture. :D
Ashe

Postby Deimos » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:55 pm

Hi Amen!

What an unbelievably great new videoclip! I just have to thank you for that experience! When I saw it for first time, I coundn't close my mouth even 5 minutes after it had finished.
You know what? I LOVE you guys!! I'm going mad, sitting here and waiting for the german CD-Release. Come to Pratteln/CH soon, please. I have to rock the hell outta me! :twisted:

greetz from Germany -> Deimos
THE BLACKNESS COMES
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
... THE BLADE IS GONNA RIDE!
Deimos

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:37 am

Hey Amen I am now the proud owner or The Monsterican Dream.
I bought it from a extra kind Finnish guy called Sami.
I't was the Limmited edition one with the music video, the Making of features and The EXCELLENT film.. THE KIN.

I Love the new album, Bring it on, Blood Red Sandman, My heaven is your hell, Pet the destroyer, Wake the snake, Shotgun divorce,Forsaken fashion dolls, Kalmageddon..... I love them all

You play some excellent guitar riffs in the new songs,
And Magistra Nocte that Enary did was excellent.
And Forsaken Fashion dolls was magnificent, somewhat different to what I expected it to be but it still blew me away.

But if may ask you 2 questions: Do you and Kalma get along well togeather? Because on every pic I see of you two you are playing togeather having what looks like a great time.

And did you enjoy recording or even playing the new songs more or less than Get Heavy.

I Idolize you Amen,Rock On
\../
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby citylite » Wed May 05, 2004 8:36 pm

Hey Amen !

First, if you come by Paris, and I truly hope you do because I've spent already too much money to go to Finland to see you, I'd be happy to help you unwrap your bandages (no offense to the eventual Mrs Amen :wink: )

Do you think you'll ever release an "Unmasked" album like Kiss did ?
I have seen you, Enary and Kalma without your outfits, but I'd be curious to see Lordi and Kita :D
~*~Eden~*~
www.Citylite.net
citylite

Postby kerry » Thu May 06, 2004 4:49 pm

Hello Amen I was wondering who your idols where and why? and I also want to know what you think of Murderdolls and Slipknot :D
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
kerry

PreviousNext

Return to Members