Monsterboard

Miss_Cyn presents Blackout: Inferno (Chapter 3, page 9)

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Miss_Cyn presents Blackout: Inferno (Chapter 3, page 9)

Postby Miss_Cyn » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:17 am

I will be posting all of my Lordi fanfics here, so please R&R. Constructive criticism is most welcome; flames will be used to heat my house. Please note that I am unable to update regularly, so please bear with me.
Last edited by Miss_Cyn on Sat May 31, 2014 10:37 am, edited 21 times in total.
Miss_Cyn

Postby Miss_Cyn » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 am

Blackout

Chapter 1--Val and Tommy

"Val, are you awake, Sweetie?"

"Yah Mom!"

"Thomas, put your shoes on!"

"But I can't find them!"

"They're right here!"

Val rolled her eyes at the annoyed "Oh!" her kid brother had shouted. Mondays always seemed to go this way for the Bernette family, and it was annoying as hell. She was currently getting ready for work as her brother was getting ready for school.

Once the final pin was in place, she stepped back from her mirror to check herself. Her faded, ironed blue diner dress and white apron contrasted with her pale skin and deep blue eyes. Long blonde hair was pinned neatly to her head in a bun, and her grandmother's pendent necklace hung around her neck. Deciding she looked as good as she possibly could on a Monday, she turned and slipped on her white socks and hi-tops. Now she was ready to face the music.

A rushed breakfast, lost book, and signed planner later, Tommy was finally ready to go. Their mother had literally pushed them out the door, leaving the two to bicker all down Stanley Street towards their bus stop.

"I hate school."

"You do not hate school; you just hate getting up in the morning."

"I do too hate school! The food sucks! There's not enough time for us in recess, and I have to put up with Gary Chiles and all his friends!"

"Oh, sweet Jesus. Is he feeding you that 'monster' crap again?"

"He swears that his brother has not only seen one, but that him and his friends are going to catch one and show it off on Mainstreet!"

"Honey, monsters don't exist. You know that, I know that, the whole world knows it. Just smile, nod, and ignore him."

She shushed him when they got on the bus. They stayed quiet until they got to Mainstreet. She got off the bus, but turned to smile and wave good-bye to Tommy as the bus drove off towards the middle school.

Once he was out of sight, her smile fell from her face and she turned to face Polly's Diner, a tiny establishment sitting right on the corner of Mainstreet. Time for work, she thought grimly as she pushed through the few customers milling in and out of the diner.

~sorry this chapter's kinda short, but I promise the next chapter will be a bit longer, k?
Miss_Cyn

Postby SansForme » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:03 am

Uh-oh, someone said the 'M'-word... And so, the count-down begins....

Nice start, I'm interested to see where this is headed.
SansForme

Postby Miss_Cyn » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:13 am

Blackout

Chapter 2--Monster Hunters

~In the town's surrounding woods~

Despite the cloudless skies above the small township of Woodcrest, the trees overhead blocked out any possibility of the sun, helping to hide four men and their vehicles in the surrounding foliage. Two men were in a beat up white ford pickup and the other two were sitting in a camo jeep, the passenger of which sporting a pair of binoculars.

"See anything, Chris?" One of his buddies whispered loudly.

"No, be quiet!" he snapped in an equally low tone. A sudden movement caught his eye; he held up his hand so the others would know to stay still. The woods were quiet now--deathly so. Unable to see what had caught his attention, yet still knowing something was there, Chris signaled for both drivers to start their trucks. Just as they were about to turn their keys though--

BANG!

The white pickup's hood caved in a bit as a dark mass landed on top of it. Chris and his driver could only look on as the monster stood before his friends, on their truck. It paid no mind to their shouts of fear as it hopped off their hood, picked up the front end, and let it drop heavily back down. It seemed to revel in their cries as it turned to face Chris. Instead of attacking the jeep, though, it simply seemed to grin and waved at them before dozing its way through the woods.

Snapped out of his shock, Chris yelled for his buddies to start their engines again, and the chase was on.

Not five minutes after they had started after it than they finally caught up. It was running like hell, caught between both vehicles. Feeling this was the right time for it, Chris loaded his rifle and tried to aim out of his passenger side door so he could shoot it, but it was already one step ahead of him. Not slowing in the least bit, the creature rammed it's side into the jeep's side, sending it careening off course, the shot from Chris's gun ringing in his ears. Luckily his driver was able to get back on track, but they were behind it now.

But the monster had grown tired of this constant game it played with these amateurs, and decided to end today's chase with a bang. It picked up speed, outrunning the vehicles by a yard. it lead them to a rock face hidden in the foliage. Then in a split second, it turned on it's hooves, jumped up, and landed on the cliff fifty feet above him. The jeep stopped just feet from the rock face; the pickup was not so lucky. It crashed head on.

As Chris and his friend tried getting the other two men from the truck, all they could hear was the beast's deep rolling laughter echoing through the woods...

Mondays were usually slow for the diner. Still, Val had made a small profit from the lunch and dinner 'rush' --thirty-five in tips-- and was preparing for the dinner rush to hit when Tommy walked through the door.

She grabbed his bag from him. "How was school, Babe?"

"Crap. The only good thing about today is that there was no homework."

"You know," she implored jokingly. "Back in the day, no homework pretty much qualified any day to be a good day."

His face scrunched up at her. "Sis, you just graduated last year. it hasn't been that long ago that you were stuck in our crappy school system."

She shrugged. "True, but now I feel old. Leaving school is like leaving your childhood behind. So be young forever!" She ruffled his hair. "Or as long as you can be, 'cause I'm tellin' ya bro, you think life stinks now, adulthood is the pits, through and through."

"Whatever. Can I have some food now, or do I gotta beg?"

Val pushed a plate of food towards him and a glass of milk. "I'll be kind today, but that's my charity for the week. Don't expect me to be nice til next Monday, got it?" He laughed, and she turned to tend to the other customers.

Suddenly, aan annoyingly loud vehicle could be heard coming up the street. Tommy shook his head.

"Sounds like Chris Giles' piece."

Val said nothing as she ignored the boy walking through the diner doors.

"This your section, Val?" She looked towards Chris as he lightly patted a table in her area, a hopeful look on his bruised face. Val nodded and poured him a cup of coffee.

He sat and cleared his throat. "Val, you look real pretty in that dress. Th'other waitresses don't hold a light to you."

Val smiled wryly. "Chris, you look like hell. I'm willing to believe anything would look prettier standing next to you."

He laughed softly. "Yeah, kinda got stuck dealing with one of those freaks in the woods."

He jumped when she slapped the table. "Christopher Giles, don't you dare spread anymore of that monster bullshit around while my kid brother's in the room, got me?!" She hissed through her teeth.

"But Val, I swear it's true! I've got witnesses!"

"Oh, and where are your little friends?"

"In the hospital!"

"Tch, convenient, ain't it?" She turned on her heel and walked towards Tommy, who was currently pretending to be interested in his food. She handed him her tip purse.

"Tommy, take this home for me, put it in my jar. Use some of it for your bus fare home. Mom should be there now; let her know I'm closin'."

"Yes ma'am." He grabbed his sandwich and his bag and headed out with her tip purse in hand.

Chris came up behind her. "Val, I'm really sorry--"

"Yeah, well, you should be!" she rounded on him, forcing him a step back. "making up stuff like that, you oughta be ashamed! You're scaring kids like my brother and yours by spreading this bull around! I mean, Jesus, man, how old are you, seriously?" She turned to clean the counter top.

Chris looked down, lowering his voice. "So, Little Miss Val don't believe in the Boogey Man no more, huh?"

She bit her lip and frowned. "No," she whispered sadly, more to herself than anyone else. "No, I don't. Not anymore. Don'tcha know? We're all grown up now; time to leave the fairytales in the past, Chris."

He licked his bottom lip. "Yeah, I know. But I also know that what we saw today--what we fought today--was real." he slid a five in her hand and left.

Val was the last to clock out that night. Jeff, her boss and the manager for Polly's Diner, had walked her out and left. Like usual, though, she waited until he was out of sight and then she slipped behind the fence that hid the diner's dumpster and fished in her coat for the food she had saved. Immediately, she was greeted by five hungry cats, each getting petted before getting their 'dinner'.

"Hi guys! Oh, wow, someone's looking about ready to pop!" One of the cats was pregnant, and due any day now. Val wished she could take them all home, but she knew her mother would have a cow.

Val jumped a little when something rubbed against her side. She looked down to find a small, grey cat. She grinned and picked it up.

"Well, long time, no see, Lady!"

'Lady', as Val liked to call her, purred contedly in Val's arms as she was cradled and rubbed and cooed at. Lady had shown up one day a few months back with an injured foot and a hungry stomach. Val had cared for her, bringing an old blanket and some wrap for her foot. When she became well enough to walk on her own, Val only saw Lady when Lady saw fit to visit her.

Not that Val minded. Lady was free enough to do what she wanted; Val could only sit back and pray she would see her little grey friend at least once every couple weeks.

Val found herself, like many nights that Lady visited, telling Lady all that had happened in her absence. Lady merely chowed on whatever Val gave her and sat patiently through the stories Val would tell.

"...I mean, seriously, monsters?! Such things don't exist! You know what really happened? They were probably just slackin' off, getting drunk or whatever, and probably just started hallucinating. That's it! That's all! How dare he have the gall to spread that bull around, especially to little kids!"

Val sighed. Lady merely meowled at her and rubbed against her hand.

"Silly me, you're probably tired." She petted Lady and set her down. "Go, be free!" Lady swated her playfully with her tale and darted into the shadows. Val waving good-bye and wishing she could have the freedom Lady and the other cats had.

Three figures sat in the shadows overlooking the township. All were shrouded in darkness, only their eyes visible to the world.

"Oy, OX, you really should be more careful!"

"Can it, Kita."

"I'm serious! One of these days, someone's going to send in the real hunters, and then how do you think we'll fare?"

The third being sighed. "Ah, Kita, always the cautious one."

"For good reason, Amen." The one known as Kita turned a little from his comrades.

OX sighed. "So I got a little bored, so I'm messing with these silly human hunters, so what? People will just think they're off getting drunk or something stupid like that. Us? We're the stuff of legends to them. They won't believe we exist--not anymore."

"Yeah, well, what if something happens to you, eh? You think your dear brother Kalma will take it lightly if anything happens to you? And what of Awa, hm? She's our sister and my closest friend, if anything were to happen to her--'

Amen's head snapped up. "She's our little sister, too, you know! Don't act like you're the only one willing to die for The Gathering."

"All I know is, if the time comes, I'm not above kicking your ass and rubbing it in your face, OX, if you should somehow expose us to the world."

"Don't worry. I know the group comes first."

Kita did not respond; he simply left.

"However," OX said, sharing a mischievous grin with Amen, "I'm not above having a good time with these idiots who think they can just take us out, are you, old friend?"

Amen stepped out of the shadows, revealing his everlasting, grim toothy grin. "Hell no."
Last edited by Miss_Cyn on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Miss_Cyn

Postby ginacartoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Ooooh i like how this is going :) even though at first on the chase i thought they were chasing Kita until i saw "hooves" keep it up :D
ginacartoon

Postby Black Lady » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm

Cool story and I hope to see where it's going so keep it up! :D
The hardest decisions in life reap the biggest benefits. :) -Nikki Sixx
Black Lady

Postby Miss_Cyn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:29 am

Oh, wow, thanks for the support you guys! I didn't think I'd get feedback so soon, but it's all much appreciated! Third Chapter should be coming soon, but I've got so many other stories to work on in the meantime.

Muchos Gracias, Amigos! :)
Miss_Cyn

Postby Miss_Cyn » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:55 am

Blackout

Chapter 3--Moonlit Fright

"I am not closing tonight!"

"Yes, you are, I need you!" said Jeff. "Mimi called out sick and Laura had a PTA meeting to go to. You're the only one with enough hours!"

"But I had plans with my family!" Val pouted, hands on her hips.

"Them's the breaks, kid." With that he clapped her shoulder and walked off to his office. "Besides," he called over his shoulder, "think of your paycheck, kiddo."

She fumed, hating him and hating that she now had to call her mother from the pay phone to explain why she couldn't make it to movie night with them.

"But Val, can't he pick someone else?"

Val sighed into the mouthpiece. "No, I'm the only one here tonight with any real closing experience. Besides, Mama, think of the money."

"Right now I'd rather have you, Baby."

"I'm sorry, Mom, but I have to go now. I love you!"

Mrs. Bernette was silent for a moment, and Val knew she was on the verge of tears. "I-I love you too, Baby."

After she had hung up, Val immediately went into overdrive, working as quickly and efficiently as she could so she wouldn't dwell on their conversation.

She hated that they were broke. With a passion. When their father abandoned them they were left with almost nothing. Their mother had to work at a horrible factory job on the outskirts of town in the opposite direction of where they lived. Val had taken her current job when she hit the legal working age, trying hard to help out with the family's financial crisis. Four years and a downgrade to a smaller house later, they were finally getting a hold on their lives.

Of course, they still had to go without some things no matter how much they didn't want to. Like Lady, for instance. They could not afford a pet for Tommy, so he had to go without, no matter how much he longed for one. However, Val couldn't resist bringing the then injured Lady home to care for her. Tommy had immediately grown attached to the cat, and she to him.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Bernette had had to put a stop to Lady's stay, and all three of them snuck into the dumpster alley behind the diner and made a comfy cove for her that night.

I'm sorry, Baby, she had said. You can visit her anytime you want, though.

But Tommy could not be consoled; he cried the entire way home. And, even though he never heard it, secretly Val knew their mother had cried as well.

"Val! What's the holdup? You've got a four top to take care of!"

Jeff's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she darted back onto the floor, ready to forget herself in her work.

Closing that night had royally sucked. She had somehow gotten stuck doing all the closing chores and was late getting out. Jeff had tsked her, saying something about little girls staying out past their bed time. She had told him where to go and they both got a laugh out of it. Then he left.

Of course he left. And right before she realized she had forgotten her coin purse on the counter in the diner. Which in turn meant no taxi fare, no pay phone to call someone, and a long ass walk home that extended a full three miles.

Well, standing here isn't getting me home any faster, now is it?

So she began walking down the barely lit streets, past all the closed shops that might've helped her out had she not taken forever closing that night. It was when she reached South Road that she began to get really worried about her safety. There was nothing lining the road for another mile except the woods.

She chided herself again for not grabbing her tip purse. Great, maybe now some weirdo will run into me and then we'll really be having fun then!

She groused over that for awhile when she suddenly stopped. Something was going on in the woods. She could hear shouting in the distance. Curiousity getting the best of her, she stepped off the left side of the road and made her way towards the shouting voices.

As she went deeper into the woods, she realized that there was a light ahead of her. She decided it might be a campfire and kept going. Just a quick peek, that was all. Maybe Chris amd his friends were camping again. In any case, someone was here, and that someone might have a car.

Yeah, if they don't cut you up and put you in the trunk. She shook that thought out of her head though when she realized that yes, one of the voices was Chris, and she brightened a bit before coming to the tall, thick foliage that separated her from them.

Before she could make it through, though, the shouts became angry and frightened, and then a gunshot was heard before the light in the distance went out. She stood there in shock, unable to move for fear of the recent events. Suddenly, a deep roar echoed through the woods, and something was running, no, galloping in her direction. She held herself and fell to the ground, unsure of what to do and scared to move.

Another gunshot went off, and whatever had been coming her way, fell heavily to the ground mere feet from her. She could hear it crawling towards her, obviously desperate to get to the thick sanctuary she was in.

Her first instict was to run, because now she could see the outline of it's face as it got ever closer to her. It saw her as well, and she saw the pleading in it's eyes and the pain on its face, but it didn't fully hit her as she turned heel and, horrified, began crawling for the other end of their hideaway.

She about reached her exit when she suddenly heard a light whimper. It was so quiet, though, she was almost sure it had been in her imagination. But as she finally registered what it's eyes and face were saying to her moments ago, she knew it wasn't in her head.

Maternal overdrive kicked in.She crawled back to it, slowly, so as not to scare it. It looked at her with as much surprise at her actions as she was feeling before its face became pained again. It was holding itself, breathing heavily as she put a hand against its chest and guided it down on its back. She crawled behind it and cradled it's head, supporting its shoulders on her kneeling legs.

It had growled a bit, but she simply put a finger to her lips in a shush motion. The voices were getting closer. Being heard was a death sentence for the creature in her arms, and it knew it. The beast slowed it's breathing to the best of it's ability.
"Chris,I'm telling you it went that way!"

"No, it definately came this way." Chris's friend was holding a big flashlight while Chris held a rifle in his arms, ready to shoot at the next moving target.

"Man, I'm tellin' you--"

"Shut up!"

Slence enveloped the area as he scanned for any movement, but there was none.

"Maybe it went up into the trees again?" his friend offered, pointing up with his free hand.

Chris hesitated for a moment before lowering his gun. "Probably. Let's head back, see if we can find anything."

Val let go of the small breath she had been holding when she was sure they were far away enough not to hear her. The beast did the same, except it ended up coughing violently. She had to help it cover its mouth to stifle the sounds, praying Chris wouldn't hear anything.

When it finally stopped coughing, it pushed her hands away roughly and tried to sit up. After two failed attempts, she tried approaching it. It growled, but she wouldn't be deterred. After weakly attempting to push her away, it finally gave up and let her try to help it up. It took the help of a fairly sturdy tree nearby, but she helped him get up nonetheless. After it steadied itself, she put her arm around its waist and let it guide her to where it wanted to go.

They walked slowly for awhile, both confused. It didn't like that a human was helping it out, that much was obvious. Even she couldn't figure it out. But it didn't try to hurt her, and it no longer tried to push her away, fully aware it would need her to get to it's destination.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, they reached a clearing and a rockface. It was covered in foliage, and higher than her eyes could see, even with the now brightly shining stars above them. it moved towards the right of the rockface, heading into even thicker greenery than they had been crawling through awhile before. It hissed as it ducked to enter the thicket. Val held onto it tighter than before, hoping it wouldn't fall and crush her in it's pain.

To her surprise, though, there was a small clearing in the center of the thicket, and it was here that the creature decided to kneel down. She sat in front of it, ready to attempt catching its head should it fall.

But it didn't. Instead it just sat there, holding its midsection. She crawled forward again and, after some gentle persuasion, was allowed to feel for it's wounds. It's whole midsection was sticky with what she assumed was blood, and when she found its injuries, she couldn't help but gasp at the two wide holes the gun had created in its side.

She took off her apron and ripped it into strips, wrapping its wounds to the best of her ability. It didn't try to stop her. It was too tired to do anything but let the little woman before it tend to the bulletholes.

When she was done it crawled away from her to the other side of the tiny clearing. It turned its back to her, laying in the soft grass, letting the exhaustion overcome it.

She sat there for sometime before she heard deep, gentle snoring. She couldn't help but grin a little. She made her way over to it, noting how almost non-threatening it looked in its sleep. She stayed a bit longer before she decided it was time to go.

As she went to leave the thicket, she looked over her shoulder towards where he was sleeping. "My name is Val, and you're welcome."

After fumbling around in the woods for a bit, she finally found the road again. She would not reach her house for another three hours.
Miss_Cyn

Postby Black Lady » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:16 am

This chapter is just as exciting as the last! :D
That was so sweet of Val to go help the best.I hope it's ok now.
Please write more!
Black Lady

Postby Miss_Cyn » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:04 am

Blackout

Chapter 4--Midnight Mover

"Val? Sweetie?"

Groan.

Annie Bernette bit her lip, worry lines forming across her face. She had noticed her daughter's alarm going off, but Val wasn't hearing it. Annie had walked in to find her daughter had not even taken the time to get under the covers; her uniform was still on, too! Val had simply flopped onto her bed and become dead to the world.

"Baby?" {Shake, shake, shake.} "Babygirl, what time did you get in?"

Val did not even lift her head from her pillow. "'Bout three."

Mrs. Bernette sighed. "Let me guess, you left your tip purse in the diner again, didn't you?"

"Yargh."

"Well, I'm sorry, but it's time to get up, Babe. You need to change out of those clothes so I can wash them. And your comforter, too! Honestly, what were you doing last night? You're positively filthy!"

Val's eyes shot open at that. Think quick, girl!

"Uh, o-on my way home last night I was so tired that I accidentally fell off the side of South Road and landed in the woods."

Annie tsked at Val. "You need to be more careful, Hun. There's dangerous people out there; they'd snatch you up and then I'd never see my Baby again."

Val sat up, her aching body protesting with every move. "I can take care of myself, Mama." She got up and began rooting through her drawers for clothes. Her mother simply sat there, watching her daughter, concern still etched on her face.

When Val showed no sign of speaking again, Annie finally spoke up. "It's okay to be independent. It's okay to be strong. But don't you ever get so cocky as to think nothing bad could--or would-- happen to you, or any of us. Got that?"

"I'm well aware of all that, Mom. Don't worry, I have no illusions as to what this world is really like. What people are really like. But that doesn't mean I'm going to hide everytime a shadow moves or the wind blows."

Annie laughed softly. She rose and kissed Val on the forehead. "I'm glad. Now hurry; you have work in three hours and I still have to finish getting me and Tommy ready."

Val was left standing there, thinking quietly to herself. She knew that this world was screwed up. In more ways than one. And after last night...

God, what was that last night?

She knew that whoever she had helped, they had most definately not been human. She didn't know exactly why she had helped it, but she just hadn't been able to help herself. It had needed her help, that much was evident on it's face and in it's actions.

Her eyes widened. And what possessed me to yell my name to it?!

If anything had the ability to come back and haunt her, that was probably it. It knew her name now! The thicket had been deep and thick, but somehow she got the impression that the creature had pretty good hearing.

Creature, nothing! That thing had been a monster, through and through. Something meant for the imagination, meant to scare children, had really been in her arms mere hours ago!

She shook her head, trying not to dwell too much on this information. Right now, what she needed was a shower and a clean uniform. She would deal with the rest later.

Sunrise was peeking through the leaves of the tall, thick trees in the woods. Tiny beams of light drifted through the covering of the thicket, making it's inhabitant scrunch his eyes against the bright intrusion.

He groaned and opened his eyes, but he did not move. What he really wanted to do was kick himself. Hard.

He had been following those silly hunters in the woods, noting that they were setting up camp near the heart of the woods. This was a big no-no, something that could not be tolerated. So he had waited until nightfall to get any closer. He was planning on messing with them in their sleep, but when the midnight hour came upon them and they still showed no sign of resting, he decided to get a little closer, maybe scare them a little if they made him too bored.

But he had miscalculated their intentions for being there. He did not expect their leader to be waiting for him. How the lead hunter spotted him
he would never guess, but no sooner than he was ready to pounce on them than the one they called 'Chris' pulled his gun out from under his chair and began firing.

The first two shots had missed him; the third time he was not so lucky. Trying to run through the woods with a hole in his side the size of his palm wasn't completely unmanageable; he had gotten a good distance ahead of the hunters when they fired another shot. This one also hit him. But this time, he could not take it. He fell--hard--onto the earth beneath him, panting from the exertion and the then noticeable pain. He had scrambled for some thick shrubbery, only to find something, or rather someone, else already taking refuge there.

They had meant to escape, leave him there to die and be caught. But for whatever reason, they had come back. They had even tried comforting him. It wasn't until they actually started touching him, though, that he realized something significant.

Woman! A woman was helping him, comforting him even though she had no doubt seen what he was. He laughed a little at that memory. She had smelled like food and sweat and earth--and something else, something sweet he could not place. But there was no fear in her scent. Not of him, anyway. No, she had been more afraid for him than she had been of him.

It was all so...surreal. Grown human men had practically wet themselves after seeing him and his kin, but a little woman-child was just brave enough to get him out of harms way, regardless of what she had seen! It really was quite funny!

But then another thought struck him, one a bit more sobering. He raised a hand to his face. Oy, OX, you've really stepped in it this time.

Amen and dear older brother Kalma would not be able to smell her scent on him, but their leader, Awa, and Kita would be able to. Maybe G-Stealer, but he would be too busy guarding the grounds with Enary to take notice. And Magnum, well...he wouldn't be able to smell anything, per say, but he would be able to tell that something was off about his ally, and no doubt run off to blab to their Elder that something was amiss.

And oh, the trouble that would come his way.

He sat up shakily, careful not to mess with his side too much. The wounds were healed by now, of course, but the new flesh was still weak, and would need just a bit more time to heal before he could go running around again. After all, those holes were deep. Awa would need to tend to him. She was also good at keeping secrets, but just in case, he also knew a secret of hers that insured that she would not blab on him. And she knew it.

Good, off to Awa then, he thought, trying to stand and adjust his clothing. His nose scrunched when he got a whiff of himself, though, and made a dual note to wash off the grime and as much of that woman's scent off of him as he could before heading home.

He made way for the creek that ran through the woods. He was almost there when a smaller, even funnier thought hit him. He had at first thoguht he was dreaming it, but the more he thought of it, the wider the grin spread across his face.

She had called her name to him! She had called herself "Val" and then run off into the night, probably thinking he had not heard her.

"Oh, but I did, Val," he laughed, finally reaching the creek. "And once I'm through at home, I'm going to find you."

He figured some thanks was in order. He jsut needed to do a little spying first to see what kind of thanks he should give her. And oh, what fun he would have.

~sorry this is another short chapter! hoping to have something a bit longer next time!
Last edited by Miss_Cyn on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss_Cyn

Postby Lets Kill Barbie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:41 pm

omg, never read anything like this!
It's amazing, so detailed... Wow!
Lets Kill Barbie

Postby ginacartoon » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Oooh i like this chapter, and i feel bad for Val, not for saying her name, but that she has to get ready for work in 3 hours! poor girl :lol: lookin' forword to see how OX will thank her :D
ginacartoon

Postby Black Lady » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Agree with gina! :)
Glad to see OX is alright and I'm wondering how he's planning on thanking her.
Black Lady

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Well i know that i,m a new reader of your story but i have to say that i,m really impressed by all the chapters that i,ve finished reading a couple of minutes ago . :P I think youre writing style is very good and it,s very exiting to read . The way how you seem to build up the tention into your story is just perfect and you really make me scream for more :wink: . So i guess theres nothing to do for me now then to wait till the next chapter . So please keep up the amazing work ...

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby ILoveMonsters » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:44 am

Love it! Sounds like a beauty and the beast story.
Yes, I would love a monsterman!
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Postby Miss_Cyn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Well, thank you, all of you! I appreciate all the positive feedback i've been getting.

Black Lady & ginacartoon: thank you both for following my story. greatly appreciated. btw, ginacartoon, i absolutely love your artstyle! i can't look at little Kita and not giggle and go "aw!".

LIVING DEAD DOLLIE: no need to scream for much longer, m'dear. :wink: fourth chapter's on the way. thanks for the compliments. :)
Miss_Cyn

Postby Lillith Duskcutter » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Miss_Cyn wrote:Well, thank you, all of you! I appreciate all the positive feedback i've been getting.

Black Lady & ginacartoon: thank you both for following my story. greatly appreciated. btw, ginacartoon, i absolutely love your artstyle! i can't look at little Kita and not giggle and go "aw!".

LIVING DEAD DOLLIE: no need to scream for much longer, m'dear. :wink: fourth chapter's on the way. thanks for the compliments. :)

I know! Chibi Kita is sooooo adorable!!!
You need to update ASAP!!!! If you don't, then I won't update my fic.
Can you squeeze a Whigmaleerie into your fic? Lawl. Kidding. But seriously, I can write you into my fic if you want me to. Is it OX that you'd like to be placed with? Hehehe......
Boy? You give me a Deadache.

Now known as Lillith Von Gore.
Lillith Duskcutter

Postby ginacartoon » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Thank you Miss Cyn and Lillith Duskcutter :D and i really love your story X3 i keep thinking how Ox will encounter Val ^^
ginacartoon

Postby Isa » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:24 pm

Those men, even monster they need a woman, they can't without us :twisted:

Seriously let's see what happen to the best (yeah I know i'm not objectif) :lol:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Lillith Duskcutter » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Isa wrote:Those men, even monster they need a woman, they can't without us :twisted:

Seriously let's see what happen to the best (yeah I know i'm not objectif) :lol:

You are one dirty minded woman, Ms. Isa.
That is, if you are implying what I think you are implying.

Lillith Duskcutter

Postby Isa » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:33 pm

I didn't had mind dirty on this one, then it's you who are :twisted:

I agree that I can mind dirty but I try don't let it see so much in public and to see with who I make dirty sentence, since they are do with humour. If I mind someone should take it serioulsy I shouldn't make some
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Lillith Duskcutter » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:35 pm

:lol:
Hehehehe.....

Lillith Duskcutter

Postby ILoveMonsters » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:51 am

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter . . . :D
Yes, I would love a monsterman!
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Postby Miss_Cyn » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:57 am

lolz, you guys are a frickin' riot!

as for Blackout, i'm having a bit of trouble starting it out. see, i used to write all the time, but i stopped for about a year and a half, and now i'm trying to learn how to do it all over again. it's like learnign to walk again, it sucks. the same goes for my drawing skills.

i already know what's going to happen, i just need to figure out how i'm going to get it all across without overkilling it. i hope that makes sense?
Miss_Cyn

Postby Miss_Cyn » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:02 am

Blackout

Chapter 5--OX's Suspicions

Thoughts of the events from the night before scattered to the winds as Val scrambled to get ready for the day ahead of her. She was down to the last fifteen minutes of her 'morning' time when Tommy poked his head through her bedroom door. She motioned with her head for him to come in and he lazily flopped down on her bed.

"Have you seen Lady lately?"

Val nodded, pinning her hair into her signature bun. "She was fat, furry, and as healthy as an alley cat can get, bud."

He sighed. "I have to do a project with Gary Giles and Billy Harris tis afternoon. Gary's dad is driving us home from the library." When Val said nothing, he continued on, staring at the ceiling. "Mom has to work late tonight. I think I'll go check on Lady while we're waiting for Mr. Harris."

"Don't get caught."

"I won't, " he said, leaving the room as he did. There was something sad about him this morning, but she didn't want to bother him. He would talk to her when the time was right.

Val gasped when she saw the time. She was going to be late for work! Deciding not to waste anymore time on makeup, she threw her shoes on and ran out the door, Tommy barely being able to catch up.

OX had spent most of the day before bathing and drying in the sun. He would have been done sooner, but he had suddenly realized the woman had also left her scent on his clothes. He scrubbed and dried his clothes in the sun as well, grumbling about silly women and their stupid smells getting in the way of his getting home.

It wasn't until later that night that he finally made it to the Gate. He went through, the world turning into a darker version of itself as he did. He made his way down a narrow, crooked rock path, leading to a giant stone fortress. He passed G-Stealer and Enary as he entered his home, but neither said a word to him. Not that they could, anyway; their lips had been sewn shut, which was a part of being a member of the Outer Circle.

Once inside, he climbed the long, stone spiral staircase leading to the different levels of the Gathering's fortress. He counted the levels in his head, each level belonging to someone living there (not because he had to, but it was habit so he went with it.)

One, two... Enary and G-Stealers' residencies; three, four...Magnum and Kalmas' levels; five... his level; then finally, the sixth level, Awa's territory. He had to be quiet entering her chambers. He didn't care that Amen was right above them, but if Kita heard him, who was just above Amen, he would investigate. OX didn't necessarily need a third party during his visit with the Lady Awa.

Once inside, his senses were overridden with all that was Awa's chambers. Soft, crimson curtains tied back against the archway in which they were hung greeted him as he walked in on a long, plush rug that stretched from her door all the way into her Study. From there he could hear her piano playing a sad, haunting tune that would have brought heartache to a lesser being. But she was not there to play it, so he made his way towards her bedchamber, which he found locked. He knocked as subtly as he could on the violet ornate doors, but they shook anyway and only caused her to screech at him from behind said doors.

So, nursing his poor ears, he sat back in the Study in an old red-velvet chair and waited. And waited. And waited some more.

He didn't know when he had passed out, but she caught him sleeping in her nice chair and gave his left leg as good, solid kick. He woke with a start, ready to kill whatever had feebly attempted to hurt him, but sat back when he saw who it was and what she was wearing.

"Good grief, Awa! Who's the lucky bastard and has Kita killed him yet?!"

Awa huffed and folded her arms, her new gown swishing with each movement she made. It was a deep purple victorian-style gown with a slightly lighter-colored corset that accentuated her soft build and the curves of her body. Her hair was down as was the usual, but around her neck a matching lace choker decorated with an onyx stone the size of a grape clung to its owner. Her black boots poked out from beneath the hem of her outfit, the left one tapping in annoyance. She wore no jewelry, but she didn't need any. Not her.

"For your information, OX, I don't need to dress for anyone else but me, "she started, hissing and baring her teeth a bit more than usual. "And furthermore, even if I did have a beau, which I don't, darling Kita would have no say in the matter, is that clear?"

"Oh, crystal."

"Now," she kept her arms folded and leaned sideways towards him."Why in the loser's name would you come unannounced into my chambers at this hour of the night, hmm?"

"I need your healing hands and complete confidence."

"Oh?" Her interest was obviously peaked as a single eyebrow raised and her ears went back, like a cat that was interested in a strange object it was excited to play with.

Grinning the whole way through, he told her of the week's events, right down to why he needed her remedial touch and the little woman-child that had 'saved' him. She was quiet the whole way through, her eyes glazing over for a mere second at the mention of 'Val'.

Good. It wasn't exactly the reaction OX had expected, but it didn't take long for him to put two and two together. Still, he kept his mouth shut about it, knowing full well he was pushing it just by being there in her space.

When he had finished, she swatted his arm and walked back into her bedroom, emerging seconds later with a small bottle boasting a glowing emerald green liquid inside.

"Why for did you hit me, and what the blazes is this?"

"A hit for your stupidity, a shot for your pains," she glowered. "Now get out."

OX didn't need to be told twice. He left and downed the shot of whatever that crap had been, gagging and sputtering as it worked its way through his body and as he headed down towards his level. He would definately need to sleep this off.

Awa locked the door behind him, cursing her bad luck. OX had seen her new dress, right before she got to enjoy it for herself. Stupid hellbull, she thought.

She needed to be quick. Morning was on its way, and she had plans for the day ahead, especially now that Miss Val had come into the picture.

Silly girl, Awa shook her head sadly. Can't you keep your head out of trouble for even a while?
Miss_Cyn

Next

Return to Lordi fanfic