Monsterboard

Miss_Cyn presents Blackout: Inferno (Chapter 3, page 9)

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Miss_Cyn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Blackout

Chapter 22 - Good News?

Val could only stare at the monsterman standing before her, his massive arms crossed across his chest.OX had just finished telling her about all that had happened within the Fortress; Lordi's decision, Kita's fall from grace, and his brother's return.

When Awa told them Kita was going to rat them out, OX immediately took refuge in the woods by South Road for two days, knowing it would only be a matter of time before Kalma showed up to remind him of his place. Amen was the one to track him down and give him the good news of Lordi's decision. He also informed him of Kalma's agreement to stay.

As soon as night had fallen on the second night, OX was at Val's window. He didn't care if anyone saw him or not.

Val was nervous. Now all of OX's friends would be able to come and go around her as they pleased. It set off some very mixed feelings.

OX tilted his head. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a lot to take in you know? But I'm sure everything will pan out. Do you think Kita will take to me?" she asked, almost shyly.

OX sighed. "I don't know. Don't get him wrong, he's not a bad guy. He's just had to put up with a lot of bad shit in his life, and it's all effected him greatly."

"Like what?"

"I won't give you details, but I will say that if you can get him to accept you, be prepared to be under constant surveillance. He's very protective of those who are close to him."

"Oh, good!" She giggled nervously. "I'll have an alien manbeast version of you hanging around!"

His eyes narrowed. "Trust me, Lil' Bit, we ain't that much alike."

Then Val did something that caught OX off guard. She launched herself up and latched onto him, hugging him tightly around the waist. He patted her head as it snuggled into his stomach.

She looked up at him, her blue eyes shining bright. "I'm just happy that I still get to hang around with your sarcastic ass, OX."

It was his turn to laugh nervously. "Oy, woman, no need to be so damn emotional! I mean, look at me," he turned her chin up. "Do I look like someone who follows rules? I would have come to see you, anyway."

She backed up and punched him lightly in the arm. "Aw, you'd miss me and you know it!"

"Yeah, you're right, out of everyone in my circle, you're the most fun to pester and bully!"

"Tch, whatev, whatev."

He mussed her hair a bit. "Yeah, I'd miss you. Would you miss me?"

She gave him a blank look at first, then in all seriousness and honesty, "Yeah, I would miss you. More than you know."

She held his hand in both of hers. "OX, I lost a lot of friends when I started working; even more so when I graduated high school and they all moved on to college. You are the closest thing I have to a 'best friend' I have had in years. I would be devastated to see you go away."

He nodded. "Same here, kid. Same here."

"Awe, how lovely! Am I interrupting anything serious?"

Amen was grinning broadly, leaning against Val's dresser. She ran over and hugged him, too, not noticing the jealous face OX made at the sight. Amen patted her back.

"Good evening, Miss Val. I take it you heard the good news?"

"Yes! I am so happy I still get to run around with you guys! Tommy will be ecstatic!"

"Yes, well funny you should mention that," Amen said, a sly look on his face. "Lordi had decided that you, Miss Val, should kidnap your brother for the weekend and camp in the woods for awhile."

Val: "So, what, like a camping trip? What for?"

"Why, so you and Tommy can become acquainted with some of us monsters! You are technically somewhat of an honorary member now, you know. You must know who your allies are. You will ask off two weekends from now at work, and you will spend three days with us in the woods by South Road. Understood?"

Both Val and OX nodded.

"Good! Well, OX, we must be going now, much to do in such a small space in time."

"Wait!" Val stopped them. "When will I see you guys again?"

OX shrugged. "I'll probably not be back til that weekend, the way things are usually planned for us."

She pouted. "Well, damn!"

"Ja, we're such handsome bastards, we know, but I'm sure you can do without for awhile," Amen's silky baritone played like music as he laughed at Val, who threw a pillow at his head.

Both monstermen landed outside her window. She stuck her head outside. "Well, then I'd better see you at least once before then, OX!" she turned her attention to Amen, smiling sweetly. "Oh, and Amen? Don't call me 'Miss' anymore. It's just Val."

"Ahaha, ja! Eye for an eye, neh?"

Val nodded, then winked at OX before shutting her window and closing her blinds.

OX rubbed the back of his head. "What do I do, Amen?"

"Hm? With what?"

OX glanced at Val's now dark window. Amen nodded. "Ah, I see what you mean. Well, you could let her know how you feel and all, end your mass confusion, or you could just keep on being the bumbling idiot you were acting like in there, c'mon OX! What do you really think I would say to this?"

"I know, I know! But what do I say? 'Hey, Val, I hate the human race, wish they'd go extinct, but I'd love to get with you!' Not very appealing argument, even to my ears."

Amen pushed OX out of the yard. "Well, you better think of something before our little camping trip. I don't do well with awkward moments, so unless you want me to make a move for myself, I suggest you start catching her attention."

OX's eyes widened. "You wouldn't dare!"

Amen grinned wickedly. "Wouldn't I? Quite frankly I think she's rather attractive, I wouldn't mind going on a couple dating rounds with her, why waste the opportunity?"

OX roared and lunged for his laughing, mischievious friend, chasing his sand cloud all the way home.
Darkness disguised as the morning light since 1987. :)
Miss_Cyn

Postby Black Lady » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Such a sweet chap! :D
That camping trip sounds like fun! :D Can I go too? :lol:
The hardest decisions in life reap the biggest benefits. :) -Nikki Sixx
Black Lady

Postby ginacartoon » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:26 pm

'Hey, Val, I hate the human race, wish they'd go extinct, but I'd love to get with you!'

I laughed so hard XP
ginacartoon

Postby Miss_Cyn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 pm

BL: sure, i'll bring the marshmallows if you bring the hershey bars! gc, wanna bring the graham crackers, we'dmake some wicked s'mores!

gc: :lol:

Blackout

Chapter 23 - Walker

One more week. Val thought absently as she quickly bused her tables.

She'd told Tommy about the 'trip' they were taking; he nearly busted his room apart in hyperactive joy, packing as much as he could. Of course, they'd given their mother a more refined version of what they were doing that weekend (you know, leaving out the part about the monsters and what not), so luckily it didn't take much to convince her to let them go.

As excited as Val was about the trip, she couldn't help but feel nervous and slightly, well...depressed. What if Kita and the others didn't like her? Would her occasional visits from OX, Awa and Amen be discontinued?

OX. He hadn't come around at all since she'd received the news, even though she'd asked him to before he left that night. It felt strange not having him come to her window at night; she'd lost more sleep hoping to hear that familiar tapping on her window than she ever did on one of their all-night chats.

Sighing, she finished her tables and was wiping the last one down when a sudden flash from outside caught her eye. Outside the diner window, an older man was looking at his camera. He looked up at the last moment and gave a smile at her shocked expression. Waving, he went to the diner entrance and came in, tapping on her table.

"This booth taken?" His voice wasn't as deep as she expected it to be, but it sounded pleasant enough. He was a large man, nicely dressed in a suit-and-tie affair, clean shaven, about 5'5" and chunky. If she played her cards right, she could get a nice little tip by the end of his meal.

She smiled sweetly, "Nope, it's all yours, sir."

"Please, Call me Walker."

He took her booth and she took his order. He stayed for quite awhile, observing everyone in the diner. Val noticed a couple times he'd even been watching her.

"So, from out of town?" she asked, taking his empty plate and replacing it with his second order of a burger and fries.

He laughed. "Am I being too obvious?"

She giggled. "Yeah, usually out-of-towners tend to watch everybody while us townies don't pay any attention to each other at all."

"Sounds good to me," he dropped a ten on her table. "So, what's your name, ma'am?"

"Valerie, but everybody calls me Val."

"'Val,'" he repeated, standing up, testing her name out on his lips. "Well, Val, hope to see you again real soon." He smiled and left.

Val smiled back, trying to ignore the shiver that went down her back. Something about the way he said that made her uneasy, like suddenly his kind demeanor had become fake somehow.

She shook it off and went back to her other customers. She would worry about it later, right now she had money to earn so she could afford the upcoming trip.

~~~~~

The man called Walker turned the corner, getting into a black BMW. His generous facade wore off and he dialed a number in his cell phone.

"Hello, Randall? Yeah, get the boys together; I found her."

~~~~~

OX watched from the rooftop of a shop across the street from the diner. He'd seen the whole exchange between Val and the older man, and couldn't help but think he'd seen this 'Walker' character before.

He made a mental note to ask Amen later. Right now, he was too busy watching his Lil' Bit.

Yes, his Lil' Bit. After all the turmoil and trouble that went down the past few weeks, he'd finally admitted to himself that he did, in fact, want Val. What he didn't know right yet, was how deeply he felt for her. He knew he wanted her enough that if his best friend of several eras wanted a go at her, he'd slit Amen's throat.

He focused his attention on the short blonde as she darted from table to table, task to task.

Keep bustin' ass, girl. He was content.

~~~~~

Jeff drove off, leaving Val to her lonesome...again. Or so she thought.

"Want a lift, Babe?"

She jumped, then nearly took the overgrown hellbull out as she hugged him, "I didn't think you'd come!"

"So stop thinking."

He picked her up and raced her home. He hopped up on her roof, carefully guiding her to her window. Once inside, she motioned for him to do the same, but he only shook his head, "I can't, I'm not even supposed to be in this realm right now, let alone with you."

She pouted her little pout, then leaned forward. He thought she was going to tell him something, but she found herself doing something a bit more--spontaneous. She kissed his cheek.

His eyes widened. "Why did ...what was that for?"

Val blushed. "I honestly don't know! I just suddenly felt like..doing that." She shook her head. "I'm sorry! I don't know what came over me! Did," she hesitated. "Did you not like it?"

He gave a small, nervous laugh. "No," he said, slowly. "It was fine. You were fine."

Both were quiet for a moment.

"Could I...?"

Val looked up. "Could you what?"

It was his turn to hesitate. "Could I...return the favor?"

Her eyes widened, her blush going deeper. "Sure."

He leaned in close, brushing his mouth against hers. A sensation like none other hit them both. He looked at her, her rosy cheeks, her messy blonde bun, her bright eyes, and saw nothing but beauty. His claws caressed her cheek, bringing her back from outer space.

"You okay?"

She suddenly remembered to breathe, a pleasant tremor working down her spine. "I'm fine, you were fine."

"So..."

"So."

OX took in a deep breath. "So, I'll see you this Friday?"

She shot back to reality. "Yep. See you this Friday."

"Good."

"Great. Well, I'll see you," she gave a shy wave at OX, who only gave her a smug grin before she closed and locked her window.

He jumped down and raced giddily home.

In your face, Amen-Ra!
Miss_Cyn

Postby Black Lady » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:44 pm

Miss_Cyn wrote:BL: sure, i'll bring the marshmallows if you bring the hershey bars! gc, wanna bring the graham crackers, we'dmake some wicked s'mores!

YAY! :D We can sing "Hard Rock Hallelujah" round the camp fire! :lol: :lol:

Ok back to the chap!AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWH!OX and Val kissed! :D That's so cute!I love this part at the end:
Miss_Cyn wrote:In your face, Amen-Ra!

It just made me laugh! :lol:

But I can't help but wonder who this Walker guy is.I think he's trouble... but we'll see!
Black Lady

Postby ginacartoon » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:46 pm

BL: sure, i'll bring the marshmallows if you bring the hershey bars! gc, wanna bring the graham crackers, we'dmake some wicked s'mores!

Got the crackers and the DrPeppers :3

and, THEY KISSED!!! THEY KISSED EEEEEI!!!!! >U<

and i don't trust that Walker guy one bit ><
ginacartoon

Postby pLastiC_raiN » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Ohh great new chapters again! Yeah!! :D
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you?
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you? ♥
pLastiC_raiN

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Okay, I know a certain reader has been waiting patiently for Mr. L to finally show up in this damn thing, so LDD, this one's dedicated to you!

Thank you very much for doing that couse when i was reading that, that you dedicated that chapter to me , i really had to blush a little bit :oops: But it sure was a nice surprise to read that and ofcourse to see that my beautiful monsterman finally got a bigger part into your amazing story couse yeah , i was waiting for him to appear . So i,m really happy now and ofcourse i will be following your story again couse i wasn,t able to post and leave you any comments about the story for a while , but now i,m back and i,m here to stay . Forever , so please contineu this couse i can,t wait to read more

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby monster girl » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Damn! Look what happens when I'm busy.... Awesome new chapters, and sorry for not commenting, but I have been reading it! Still loving this! :D

At first, I was thinking that 'Walker' was Mr L in disguise, but by the end.... :shock: It's not looking good for poor Val...

Also...
"So..."

"So."

OX took in a deep breath. "So, I'll see you this Friday?"

and

In your face, Amen-Ra!

:lol: they made me laugh!
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby Miss_Cyn » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 pm

BL & gc: something tells me a camping trip with you two would be quite the experience. :D HRH around the campfire and s'mores, mmmmmmm. :wink:

p_r: lol, thank you!

LDD: so, i take it that you're well, then? glad you liked it, i figured you would probably be the most enthusiastic about Mr. L gettin' his part of the story (finally!), and seeing as you are a humongous Mr. L fan, it only kinda made sense to dedicate that one to you. :) hope everything went well for you!

mg: s'okay, i've been really too busy to comment for you guys or post any more chaps myself for the past few days. yeah, Walker isn't Mr. L, although he will be playing a major part in this story, and not for the better. certainly not a trustworthy character. as for the "not looking good for poor Val"...you guys might hate me later for what ends up happening to her and some of the monsters. :cry:

lol, make-out scene was probably the most fun i've had making an awkward scene for a couple! :lol:
Miss_Cyn

Postby ginacartoon » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:41 pm

you guys might hate me later for what ends up happening to her and some of the monsters.

ACK! NOOOOES!
ginacartoon

Postby Black Lady » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:38 pm

ginacartoon wrote:
you guys might hate me later for what ends up happening to her and some of the monsters.

ACK! NOOOOES!

I think it needs to be a bit longer then that gina! :o
More like*clears throat*:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Well I'd say we'll be a little upset but I guess we can forgive you! :wink:
Now I really wanna iknow what happens! :shock:
Black Lady

Postby LostInTheStable » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:41 am

You better continue this story quickly cause I've spent a whole day reading this wonderful story instead of doing homework... :roll:
The World Is A Joke! Me, I'm Just Having Fun!
LostInTheStable

Postby Miss_Cyn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:22 pm

LostInTheStable: gah, i'm trying! it's great having new readers on board, i'm sorry it distracted you from your homework, tho. :cry:
Miss_Cyn

Postby LostInTheStable » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Haha! :lol:
Don't worry, I've got time to both do my homework and read your FF so I hope you don't feel guilty about that, I just got a bit exited and then I couldn't stop reading... x)
LostInTheStable

Postby Miss_Cyn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:19 am

Blackout

Chapter 24 - Friday Morning

Val awoke at four-thirty Friday morning, anxiously loading up her mother's blue Ford pickup for their trip. Annie had agreed to let Val and Tommy take her truck for the weekend so they could have a reliable form of transportation instead of borrowing someone else's vehicle.

Tommy had already hopped up into the cab of the truck, turning the radio to the local rock station. Annie handed Val the keys and walked her to the driver's side, an arm draped tightly across her daughter's shoulder.

"I really don't feel safe letting you and Tommy go off on your own, in the middle of nowhere, without me--"

"Mo-om..."

"--especially since you two seem to attract maniacs without even trying. You sure you'll be okay?"

Val sighed. "Yes, Mom, we'll be fine. I have my cell phone, it's charged, and i'll call if there's an emergency." She hugged her mother."Just relax, okay? Nothing bad will happen. Besides, this may be exactly what me and Tommy need to get over all the crap that's been happening lately."

Annie sighed, her eyes glassing over slightly with worry and sadness. "Yeah, I know. Just be careful, okay? I love you both so much, I'd die if anything happened to either of you."

Val opened the truck door and hopped up into her seat. "Mama, we'll be fine. And if we wanna get to our spot without being noticed by certain people, we need to go now."

Annie nodded and shut the driver's door for Val before going to her son's side of the vehicle and kissing him good-bye. As they pulled out of the driveway, Annie could only wave at them until they disappeared around the corner and out of her range of sight. She walked inside, dejectedly slamming the door shut behind her. Flopping down on the couch, she took one last look around their quiet living room before pent up frustration and depression finally broke past her inner defences; she could hold it back no more.

Holding a pillow to her chest, she sobbed uncontrollably.
~~~~~

Silence surrounded the two siblings as they drove down South Road, knowing it would be only a matter of time before they would be reunited with their monster friends. Val glanced anxiously at her little brother, unsure if he would be safe around them, despite already knowing them and knowing their oath to protect their human friends. Still, she couldn't help but worry. What if they weren't well received?

Tommy must have felt his sister's nervous demeanor; his baby blues looked up into hers, smiling and unafraid. She smiled back at him, his bravery rubbing off on her. She looked ahead, speeding up a bit more, suddenly hyper with the joyous thought of seeing her friends again.

Two weeks was a long time without her OX.
~~~~~

Sunrise was peeking over the horizon when Val finally found the driving path for the woods. The truck bumped and rocked down the rock-ridden dirt road, nearly missing a couple trees here and there. Tommy whooped and hollered in delight, though his knuckles turned white as he held on to the door handles.

Finally, after some time, the dirt path ended. Val turned to her brother. "We hike from here, hun."

They got out and grabbed their camping packs, slinging them onto their backs and heading out into the heart of the woods. Birds sang in the distance, filling the cool morning with soft autumn music as the two humans hiked their way to the meet-up point.

Val had to laugh at that. She shook her head s she remembered waking up the morning before with a letter and a map laying on her chest, OX's messy scrawl giving her directions to their little 'rendezvous' area. Tommy had had to help her decipher half of it, even though it took two hours to do so between the two of them.

Tommy laughed out loud, obviously thinking about it too. "Wouldn't it just suck if they gave us the wrong directions, or we read them wrong?"

"Hahaha, they'd find us anyway, I'm sure of it!"

"Glad you feel comfortable enough to trust us, Val."

The siblings turned to see a smirking Amen and OX standing behind them. Both monstermen grabbed their packs from them; Tommy looked upon the two monstermen in awe. Amen caught the boy's facial expression and laughed, shaking his head.

"C'mon, boy," Amen grabbed up Tommy, who settled comfortably in piggy-back fashion on the mummy's back, holding tightly. "I think you need to be close to the fire before you catch your death."

Amen winked at Val before materializing a dust devil around him and her brother, sweeping the two of them through the woods. Val didn't have time to protest as OX caught her up in his arms and dozed after the spinning dust cloud, her laughter filling the brightening morning.
~~~~~

Both parties made it to their 'campsite' at the same time. Two large canvas tents were already set up next to the mouth of the creek OX had introduced to Val mere weeks earlier, a fire pit blazing warmly between the two tents. Large, flat rocks made up 'seats' around the fire, covered in furs of all kinds.

Awa arose elegantly from one of these rock seats as OX and Amen arrived with her human friends. She laughed as Amen's dust devil dispersed, dropping Tommy on the ground. The boy shook copious amounts of sand from his hair before looking up at her, his eyes beaming. He ran to her, wrapping his arms around her middle; she returned the gesture warmly.

Val, having been left breathless from their transport through the woods, simply pushed away from OX and hugged Awa from behind, receiving a gentle pat on her head from the grey witch.

Amen clapped his hands together, rubbing them fee of excess sand. "Well, we monstermen are off to hunt for breakfast. You three catch up a bit, ja?"

Val nodded at OX as he reluctantly followed Amen through the woods, not really wanting to leave the reunion before him. As soon as Val gave her silent consent, though, he rolled his massive shoulders and hurried off after Amen, the thrill of the hunt building up inside him the more he thought of it.

When Awa was sure they were gone, she pulled away from her human friends and gently pushed them into the first tent, obviously set up for them.

"Come now," she ushered excitedly. "We have much to do before everyone gets here! Let's get you unpacked now, hm?"
```````````

and so it begins! :D :shock:
Miss_Cyn

Postby monster girl » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:47 pm

:o :o :o
continue please!

I really wanna read what happens next! I have a feeling that something is gonna go wrong at this camping trip...maybe something to do with Walker... And poor Annie.... :( I hope nothing bad happens to her...
Ok, enough speculation. :lol:

Only two tents? Who is gonna share then... :lol: I cant imagine Ox actually fitting into a tent!
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby Black Lady » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:24 pm

monster girl wrote:Only two tents? Who is gonna share then... :lol: I cant imagine Ox actually fitting into a tent!

Me neither! :lol:

I loved this chap and I can't WAIT to see what goes on next!
I'll have to try though! :D
Black Lady

Postby ginacartoon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Oooh it sounds like on hell of a camping trip >u< *sits and waits wish marshmallows on the side*
ginacartoon

Postby LostInTheStable » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Black Lady wrote:
monster girl wrote:Only two tents? Who is gonna share then... :lol: I cant imagine Ox actually fitting into a tent!

Me neither! :lol:

I loved this chap and I can't WAIT to see what goes on next!
I'll have to try though! :D

hahaha! :lol: I second that!
LostInTheStable

Postby Black Lady » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 pm

ginacartoon wrote:Oooh it sounds like on hell of a camping trip >u< *sits and waits wish marshmallows on the side*

My hershey bars are beginning to melt! :? :lol:
Black Lady

Postby ginacartoon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Black Lady wrote:
ginacartoon wrote:Oooh it sounds like on hell of a camping trip >u< *sits and waits wish marshmallows on the side*

My hershey bars are beginning to melt! :? :lol:

Quick! get the jacobs crackers ready! :lol:
ginacartoon

Postby Miss_Cyn » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:18 pm

really quick!

i just want you guys to know that i'm not trying to slack off or anything, cause there isn't a day that goes by that i don't think about this fic. however, it's crunch time in college and i've only got a few weeks left to catch up on the mountain of homework that accumulated when i wasn't looking. :cry:

summer semester will be three weeks long, and i do not plan on attending then. i hope to update sometime before that, but worse case scenario says you won't hear from me til then regardless. sorry guys.

always thinkin' of ya'll!

-Miss Cyn
Miss_Cyn

Postby ginacartoon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Ahhhh! cursed college >n< ooh wishing you the best of luck
ginacartoon

Postby judge death » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 pm

That is bad to hear. :(
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

PreviousNext

Return to Lordi fanfic