Monsterboard

Miss_Cyn presents Blackout: Inferno (Chapter 3, page 9)

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Miss_Cyn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:08 am

Blackout

Chapter 29--Val (Bye Bye Beautiful)

I remember it was a clear, cool morning. Amen had laughed at me when i tried taking the tents down. I watched in awe as, with a simple clap of his decaying hands, the tents and the firepit were reduced to sand before my very eyes.

Not too far from where I stood, Awa teased Tommy about his terrible bed hair. Kita merely shook his head, the closest thing to a real smile I've seen yet forming among his razor sharp fangs. Personally I think he has a thing for Awa, but then it might just be me.

Kalma and OX were talking quietly among themselves near the treeline. OX spared a warm look at me. I smiled bashfully in turn. I'm pretty sure I turned a light shade of pink. The night before had been nothing short of amazing for me. I loved OX, and that night I took the first step in what I hoped would be my first romantic relationship. Honestly, I couldn't bear the thought of being with someone else, and I was suddenly very proud of the fact that I'd decided to wait until I found the "one", however silly it may seem to wait for the theoretical other half of myself. For all his flaws, for all the stress of having to keep his family's monsterous secret, he made it all worth it.

His face that morning is still ingrained in my unconscious thought.

Kalma came to me then after calling out to the rest of the Gathering. The fires in his eyes was a bright orange, flickering in an anxious kind of way. He explained to Tommy and myself that the walk was long, and we would not get to the Gate for several hours, and that OX and himself would be carrying our packs for us so as to help us last longer on our "trip".

He then drilled us on the possibilities of having to make a run for the Gate, should anything suspicious or bad happen. Awa stepped in then, explaining to us that the Gate was not actually a gate at all; rather it was a form of ancient magic that bent a certain amount of space and dimensional time that their leader, the Shadow Mage Lordi, had created in his youth to connect the Human and Demonic Realms. When Tommy asked what that meant, she only gave a shrug of her shoulders and, patting his head, said, "You'll see when we get there."

She's such a sweetheart. Reminds me of my mom sometimes.

OX came close beside me then and placed a large arm around my shoulders, I supposed because he wanted to comfort me or something. Whatever his reason for contact, I was grateful. I was nervous as it was, I prayed nothing would happen to us on the way there.

I think Amen sensed my discomfort too, because he jumped to the other side of me and started a friendly argument with OX over who should guard the "Blonde Damsel of their Male Distress."

Despite his occasional pervertedness and strange sense of humor, Amen really is a good friend. I could use his wiseass remarks right about now.

Kita, ever the protector, chose to head the group with Kalma. Tommy and Awa followed behind them, then OX and I with Amen following behind, still joking with OX. I knew he was really just watching our backs though.

We walked for several hours like that in companionable fashion. I was beginning to get really tired, and was contemplating on asking OX to carry me for awhile, when Kita stopped dead in his tracks. We all went silent as we waited for him to react to whatever it was that had made him act that way.

Suddenly Kita crouched and pulled out his sword; he held his arms out, as if to shield us from an invisible enemy.

"Go," he whispered. "See if you can get around them, I'll do what I can here."

I didn't know what he meant, but apparently the Gathering did. Kalma immediately rushed to an anxious Awa's side as Amen literally threw me on top of OX's back. I remember feeling how rigid his body was then. I only caught sight of a very frightened looking Tommy in Kalma's arms before Awa gave the order to split up.

In the distance i could hear what sounded like several off-road vehicles coming our way as OX dozed through the woods, Amen swinging from the trees above us. I had never seen the mummy look so intensely worried before. I would be lying if I didn't say I was fucking terrified.

I tightened my hold on him just as I heard Amen yell something frighteningly incoherent before landing besides us. Suddenly we heard a small thudding sound, as if something heavy had been thrown in our direction. We looked on in horror as what looked to be a small grenade bounced towards us.

It was slow motion from there. OX throwing me off and away from him, Amen throwing himself in front of OX, the grenade going off in both their faces regardless as I sailed through the air. I landed hard on the ground, a sharp pain rocketing through my entire being as gunshots fired in the distance. I arose in time to see a badly injured Amen raise a wall of earth to stave off our assailants as OX rolled on the ground. I ran to him, trying to make him look at me.

I almost threw up when he finally raised his head. His jaw was just--hanging. The tiny explosive had just about sliced his jaw from his face, which was also cut to shit and littered with small bits of shrapnel. Amen came to me then, and I realized he hadn't fared any better. Half of what flesh had covered his face before was now gone as blood and sand streamed from various openings in his torso and limbs.

"WE HAVE TO GO! NOW!" Amen was freaking out as I helped him drag OX to his feet. OX shook his head a bit, his eyes were trying to swell shut on him. Amen was still yelling things to us, but the gunfire and shouting behind his "wall" was getting louder by the second. Amen exploded then--literally--in a vortex of sand, swallowing the three of us in a choking cloud of sand. It dispersed in a clearing that I had never been to before. There was something strange about it I realized as I was coughing and trying to get all the sand and dust out of my eyes.

A dome of sorts had appeared in the middle of this clearing, bending light as it finished forming. Awa, Kita, Kalma and Tommy were here already. They were all dirty, and I noticed the flames in Kalma's eyes had erupted into a furious red inferno that flickered beyond his sockets. Awa was wrapping Kita's leg with a piece of her dress she had ripped off from the bottom of her skirts.

Tommy ran to me, bawling. I barely registered what he was saying to me as I watched in a daze as the inside of the dome formed a different picture than the world around us. It was darker, and the landscape was dead and grey looking. I was too shocked to think of anything else besides, why weren't we jumping in already?

I didn't remember saying that out loud, but Kita then informed me that it was old magic and therefore slower to form. It was too dangerous to jump in before it was done forming, and once you were in there, it was too dangerous to try coming out again, if it would let you leave at all. "Besides," he said bitterly, pulling a bloody fang from his maw. "It's going to take a bit anyway since it has to expand for all of us to get in. It'll close quicker than it opens, believe you me."

It just sounded like rambling to me. I knew I was in shock, but in that moment of looking around and taking in the situation and all the blood and agony around me, it hit me--these people, these so-called monsters, were our family. My family was being attacked, and I couldn't do anything about it.

Suddenly, I could hear our attackers in the distance, and I knew the others could too. I looked down at Tommy and hugged him then, knowing in that moment what I had to do to protect my family. Awa offered to take him and I let her, mechanically opening my arms and letting my brother be taken from my being. My wide eyes spied Amen and Kalma helping OX through a fully formed Gate now, Kita pushed in Tommy and Awa close behind. I walked as close as I dared as they all got in, before Amen realized I was not going in with them.

His look of surprise changed to one of absolute fear as he realized I was doing this on purpose. The Gate began to disperse as our attackers got closer and closer, shouting things to each other over the sound of whells tearing up the earth. I gave a bittersweet smile and waved as my family, my brother and my lover all screamed for me to enter the gate, unable to come back for me themselves. I simply shook my head and told them I loved them. Tommy's tear streaked face and OX's pained look of horror were the last things I saw before I ran in the direction of my soon to be murderers.

The only thing I could think of was that I had to buy them time. The Gate was closing too slowly for my tastes. I could only barely hear their screams from behind me, as I closed the distance to my imminent death.

I stopped when I saw Chris Giles' familiar truck, along with several expensive looking ATV's, all carrying men I had never seen before, save Chris and--Walker?

The looks on their faces and the deafening silence behind me told me everything I needed to know. I succeeded in stopping these bastards before they could locate the Gate. The Gate was now closed. And I was now going to suffer and die.

I closed my eyes and smiled bitterly to myself as I heard them closing in on me, and imagined myself to be a bird in the sky, flying away from all this. As the first pair of hands reached me and began their assault, I imagined flying into the thicket where I spent my first moments with OX and him being there again, waiting for me.

Something smashed into my head then, and I blacked out.

END.
Darkness disguised as the morning light since 1987. :)
Miss_Cyn

Postby ginacartoon » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:13 pm

NOOOOOOOO DB> can't end like thiiiis the b***ads >3<

even though I wouldn't dare to imagine the band getting hurt like that D:
ginacartoon

Postby monster girl » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Oh wow, she sacrificed herself... :( how noble... but not a very happy ending. I have to say, very brave of her, but poor Ox, and Tommy... and of course the others. Brilliantly written, and as always, I shall wait for what you post next. :)
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby Miss_Cyn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 am

Blackout: Inferno

Preface-Magistra Nocte

Laura Harman sat stunned on the Bernette's front porch, watching the overcast day unfold around her. Lola Danvers sat beside her, sobbing silently and smoking what had to be her tenth cigarette that day. Both women were too shocked and saddened over the day's events to talk; they only wanted each other's company.

Laura and Lola had agreed to stay with Annie while her children were out on their camping trip. She didn't want to be alone, and they felt uncomfortable leaving her by herself. She would have only ended up obsessing over Val and Tommy again; it wasn't healthy.

So they'd stayed the night and reminisced over their time in high school. They'd always stuck together through thick and thin. Between Lola's fiery attitude and Laura's ice queen mentality, Annie was the happy-go-lucky one that seemed to balance them out. Without her, they would have never been able to coexist.

They were both her maids of honor when she'd gotten married. They were the ones in the hospital with her when her piece of shit husband would lose control in another drunken rage. They were there when her husband finally left Annie and the kids.

God damn it. The Kids.

"Oh, hell!"

Laura's head whipped around to see Lola's shaking hands fumbling, trying to catch the lit cigarette they failed to keep hold of. Laura reached over and gently grasped Lola's hands still. Lola's lips trembled as she looked down at the lost cigarette. Laura's eyes glassed over as she stood, leading Lola into the house. Lola broke away from her as they reached the kitchen, heading towards the sink to wash her hands.

The three women hadn't even rolled out of bed yet when they'd received a knock at the door at ten that morning. Annie, still bubbly from the previous day's events, had opened the door to greet two police officers. Her positive attitude had turned to hysterics when they'd told her and her two companions what they had found in the woods.

Sit down, they'd told her. The kids' designated campground looked as if it had not been used once that weekend. They'd gotten calls from surrounding campgrounds saying they heard what sounded like off road vehicles and screaming in the distance. Tommy was missing. Val had been considered missing as well for awhile--

"What the hell does that mean?!" Annie had rocked from side to side, both her friends sobbing at her side on the couch and holding her hands as she broke down. "Where's my daughter?! Where's Valerie?! Where are my babies!"

The policemen looked on the verge of tears themselves. One of them kneeled before her and placed what he hoped was a comforting hand on her knee.

They had searched all around, even going into the thicker ends of the woods, trying to find either of the missing children. They found dragging marks on the cold autumn ground, indications of someone or something being led off to God knew where. The drag marks ended at a lone sand bank with trees lining the upper ridges.

Val's broken body was in the sand. She had crawled from the place she had been attacked to this spot. They weren't sure why, or who the attackers were.

Val was gone. All gone. Tommy was still missing...

Laura found herself choking on the very idea. Lola was beside her in an instant, patting her on the back. When her coughing fit had passed, Lola wiped her friend's eyes dry. "You thinkin' about this morning, too?"

Laura breathed deeply, shuddering as she exhaled and nodded. She couldn't speak. Hell, it was difficult enough to breathe.

Lola handed her a glass of water, then turned around and grabbed a small plate from the counter. Apparently she had made a sandwich while Laura had been reliving the past few hours. Laura refilled the glass and both women made their way to Val's room.

Annie lay silent on her daughter's bed. She had lain in bed with the both of them the night before they'd left for the weekend, content to simply bask in both her babies' existence's. Tears poured down her cheeks in steady streams. Her arms wrapped tighter around herself as her own nightmare threatened to consume her again.

My daughter's dead, my son is missing, my daughter's dead, my son is missing, my daughter's dead...

She let loose a body wracking sob as someone put dishes on the nightstand.

My son is missing, and could be dead...

"No!" She screamed into the space of the room, her fingers digging into her flesh. Her friends were on the bed with her now, trying to hold her, comfort her, but there was no comfort to be had. "No! No! NO! NO! NO!"

All three women lay locked around each other in her daughter's bed, mourning their losses as Annie cried out to the indifference of the room around them.
Miss_Cyn

Postby ginacartoon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:03 pm

She's dead?! D: NOOOOOOOOOOOOES
ginacartoon

Postby monster girl » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Ditto with ginacartoon. :(
On the plus side, it's great to see more from you! Can't wait to read what's coming next. :)
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:38 pm

(._. ) Very late to the party... for a while there, I would normally never check this section of the forums, but your story is definitely going to have me dwell these topics again!

I stayed up well into the morning(I believe it was about 6:30 AM before I finally passed out, heh) because I couldn't stop reading this!! Really, truely an amazing story! And I'll have you know that "what in the loser's name..." will quickly become my new catchphrase! XD So awesome. Keep up the FANTASTIC work!
:.I love Kita.:
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
HalfmetalAlchemist

Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby Miss_Cyn » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:32 am

well thanks guys! sorry i wasn't able to reply to ya'll sooner, works been running rampant lately.

GC and MG: yeah, i know it sucks, but i have a few surprises and tricks up my sleeves. :twisted: don't worry, the universe will balance itself out before this is all over.

H-MC: glad to see a new reader, and i thank you and monster girl for your compliments. i hope this story arc lives up to everyone's expectations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/4/2010

(A/N: ok, NOW they are in their Deadache forms.)

Chapter 1 - Grievance

"Amen-Ra! Come out and play with us!"

"Come to us, Amen!"

He didn't move.

"Come out! We'll help you forget!"

He scoffed at that. There was no chance in hell of that happening.

Amen sat in his private chambers, a single candle burning, head bowed. The first thing he had done when they reached the fortress was help Kita and OX to the good doctor in the underbelly of the fortress. He cared little for his own injuries as he limped back to his quarters, blocking out everything and everyone. His harlots had been banging on his doors for quite sometime now, but he would hear none of it.

They could not ease his pain...his grief...his guilt.

He knew not even the Lady Awa could have predicted Val's actions the day before, yet he still blamed himself. He had swore to OX that he would help keep the woman child and her brother safe on their little trip. He swore and he failed.

He sat on his bedding, arms resting on his knees, staring scornfully at the monster in the mirror on the wall across the room. The creature staring back had lost much of the flesh from his face, showing much of the skull. It grinned back at him, almost mocking him. It infuriated him. How dare he be allowed to have such an everlasting grin, when all he had was grief and his broken honor?!

He growled and stood, the room shaking in the wake of his anger. He raged about his room, flipping his bedding, knocking over various chests and sarcophagi, before turning on the mirror and the creature within it. He roared at his reflection, grabbing the single lit candle and hurling it at the fragile glass. He was cast in darkness as glass shattered and turned to sand falling at his still feet.

He breathed deep and let it out slowly. The banging on his door persisted.

He opened his double doors as slow as he could before the women were on him, touching him, whispering sweet nothings as a way to calm their master's nerves. He was in no mood for their games, or their advances.

He clapped his hands and they disintegrated, leaving piles of sand in their place. His body shuddered at the loss of their contact, but it was not with want. Deciding an outing would do him some good, he became one with his element, and drifted lazily out his window and into the night.

````````````````````````````````````````````````

Kita winced slightly as OX's howls broke the uneasy silence of the fortress grounds, but it did not stop him from working. His hammer burned red as he used it to reshape one of his older, more prized weapons. His replica of the ancient samurai sword was one of his favorites, not only because he also owned the original and its likeness was so close to it that no one else could tell the difference between the two, oh no. It was because he had modified the design in this twin sword, making it more lethal than the original had ever been on the battlefield.

He hammered away, humming an old war song under his breath. It was music to his ears as his body still sang for blood to be spilled on the battlefield. His injuries were lesser than OX and Amen's, but on the inside his body roared with pain and loss. He found it distasteful that in the moment he and his brethren lost one of their own yet again, that he was reborn into the warrior he once was, his fingers itching for revenge on those that dared to cause them such grief.

Alas, it could not be helped. His repairs and modifications finished, he tested the sword in his hands, twirling it around in his hands a few times before sheathing it and placing it beside the rest of his samurai armor by the doors to his quarters. He strode off, still in the damaged armor they had been attacked in the previous day. He shed it piece by piece as he headed for his private bath, glad to be free from the weight of it all.

He hissed as he lowered himself into the steaming bath, his wounds reopening with the motion. He berated himself for not properly cleaning them in the first place, but he disliked their 'doctor' immensely, and did not trust the old demon with his body. It was a pity that OX had to be the subject of the mad doctor's current experimentations. As if on cue, another roar shook the walls of the fortress, causing some dust to fall from the ceiling.

His muscles screamed at him as he tried to scrub a good twenty-four hour's worth of dirt and grime from his body. It was a welcome feeling. When once the death of his loved ones had made him numb inside and out, it now became a desperate burning in his being, screaming to draw blood and defend their honor in the only way he knew how.

Deciding he'd soaked for long enough, he arose and returned to his newly renovated armor, pulling it on and reveling in the feel of it, like a hug from a long lost friend. He blanched at the wording of his last thought, but he did not allow his sorrow to weigh him down now. He had much to do, battle plans to draw up, a damsel to be saved, an enemy to be slaughtered...a witch to be courted...

He glanced back at his abandoned armor on the floor and decided to replace them on the wall where his current attire once hung. It was the same armor he had found the Lady Awa in...the woman that would end up being his confidante, his friend, and what he soon hoped to be his everything.

A sound outside his doors broke him from his thoughts. His sword at his side, he opened his doors to find Awa standing there, her hand raised as if to knock. He sighed, opening his arms as if to say "I'm here."

She fell against him, her veil hitting him just under his chin...wait, veil?

He pulled back from her, noting she had on the same wedding dress she wore when he'd saved her so many centuries ago. He laughed and motioned between their attire, "Something old and something new, eh, Awa?"

She sniffled a bit before catching on; she too giggled then, pulling a lone ribbon from beneath her veil. She pulled his head down and tied his hair up with it before giving him a peck on the cheek and straightening up herself.

"Well, are we going to just stand here, Darling Kita, or are we going to raise some hell in heaven?"

He placed an over exaggerated hand over his chest and bowed a little before her: "Oh, the lady doth speak after mine own heart!"

She giggled as he took her hand and pulled her along the dark corridors of their home, searching for their comrades.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

OX felt as if his head might explode from trying to process the pain and agony ripping through him. The doctor had successfully 'healed' him. However, after losing much of his skin and some bone, much of his neck was covered in bolted on leather, all the way up under his chin to cover his prosthetics underneath. His jaw would be swinging right now if not for two thin leather straps the doctor had bolted on either side of his mouth.

The hand mirror the doctor had handed him found itself sailing across the room, breaking as it hit the floor. He arose from the medical table and strode to the chair next to it, grabbing his clothing and throwing it all on. The doctor had gone moments before to tend to one of his test subjects in the back, so OX knew it wasn't the old codger that slid into the room behind him.

"Oy, Amen, let's not be shy, old friend."

Amen said nothing as OX continued to dress, merely bowing his head as he leaned against the wall. Suddenly a large hand clapped him on the back, nearly making his knees buckle under him. OX gave him a sad smile that Amen could not help but reciprocate. "So, you're not pissed off at me, Big Guy?"

OX shook his head: "No, Amen, i think we were doomed to fail this mission from the get-go. My Valerie, she's gone," he choked on that a bit before continuing."I can feel it, that she's gone. I have taken an oath to defend her honor in the only way I know how. Will you help me, Amen?"

Amen's eyes sparked back to life as he gave his best grin. "Say the word, I'll scour the earth hunting those bastards down. How shall we do this?"

OX rose to full height, his heart heavy with grief. "By fulfilling our Scarctic duties to Val even as she lays dead. By protecting her brother and her mother from harm, and avenging her murder by taking out every hunter with the scent of her blood on them from here to the poles if we have to."

"That sounds like a plan to me." Kalma's towering figure filled the doorway to the room, all the members of the Outer Circle standing behind him.

OX limped to his brother; they embraced momentarily as OX thanked Kalma for his support. Kalma merely clapped him on the back and tipped his hat. "C'mon now brother, save the mush for later, Kita and Awa be waitin' for us downstairs. Awa says she might have a plan herself."

With that, Kalma turned heel and led the way down the curving stone steps to the fortress entryway. OX brought up the rear, trying to look sure of himself, but he felt dead on the inside.

He wasn't lying, he knew for a fact the hunters would have tortured and killed her slowly. They'd done it to his own mother in his early years. There was no way she could have escaped from them, save her death.

In one breath, OX both prayed--

God give me strength to keep going.--

and sent out a silent curse to his beloved's murderers:

Best save a penny for the Ferry man, I'm sendin' you all to hell.
Miss_Cyn

Postby ginacartoon » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:57 am

Don't think any of them will have a penny >3 oooh I can't wait for some paybaaaaack *dances* as for Ox o3o sounds pretty painful for what he's been though, yeouch >_O
ginacartoon

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:03 am

Dig the absolute hell out of this new chapter!!! Can't wait to find out what happens next! Keep up the good work. :)
:.I love Kita.:
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
HalfmetalAlchemist

Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby monster girl » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:38 pm

I loved the 'transition' into the new costumes. I thought that was really clever and well done! :) Poor Ox and the monsters though, I really feel for their losses. Can't wait to read more, I'd love to read about their revenge. :twisted:
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby Miss_Cyn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:58 am

Mg: I’m glad you liked the transition!
GC, Halfmetal: thanks you guys! I promise, vengeance will be had.

Chapter 2 - The Plan

The Gathering members all met by the fortress entrance, where they were met by Awa and Kita. Kita nodded at OX, “You look terrible, my friend. How are you feeling?”

“Like he just lost the love of his life, captain obvious,” came Kalma’s sarcastic drawl. He lit a cigar for himself as Kita clicked his teeth in reproach. Awa placed a consoling hand on the Destroyer’s shoulder before stepping up to the rest of the group.

“OX, I feel your pain, brother,” she started, her voice filled with remorse. “which is why I have thought of a plan that would benefit all involved to avenge Valerie and her family. Kalma and the Outer Circle already gave their approval. I would very much like yours before we take anymore action.”

OX: “And this plan would be…?”

Kalma and Awa both gave fleeting looks at one another before the witch continued, anxiously twiddling her fingers. “Well, you see…I have been keeping a vigorous watch over the town since we arrived home yesterday. OX, they found her. The police found her body mere hours after we departed.”

OX held his breath. “Where?”

“By the creek, in one of the sand banks, less than a mile from our campgrounds. There‘s evidence that she dragged herself there.”

His heart plummeted into his stomach. She dragged herself to our spot…

“OX, they found her,” she crooned as Amen and Kalma helped to keep him from falling over. “They declared her dead on the scene. She was battered in ways unimaginable to the investigators…and they declared her dead…”she choked a little as she spoke. “So we now have a decision to make: after we kill those who accosted her, what do we do then? We took vows after all. The protection of Val and Tommy as honorary members is a necessity and one we all promised to uphold. But what of their mother? She will not be in the mindset to properly care for the youth for some time, if ever at all. And what about when or if Tommy decides to become a monster, hm? How will we accommodate him? Also, do we leave Val’s body, or do we leave it in the human realm? None of us can revive her to the way she once was, she would only be able to live as one of the brainless zombies we occasionally use as slaves. That is not the life we should intend for our Val.”

“S-so what‘s the plan?” OX rasped; his voice did not want to work anymore.

Awa opened her mouth to answer when a rock flew from the shadows and hit OX squarely in the jaw, making him howl. “What’s the plan? Are you freakin’ serious?! I would think that would have been an easy answer!”

The monsters all looked on in awe and guilt as Tommy rushed forward and began punching OX with his tiny fists, tears streaming steadily down his face. “We go and get my mom, and then we steal my sister’s body and we bring ‘em both back here, where we can be safe! She trusted you, OX! She trusted you and she loved you and we couldn’t do nothing’ to save her…we couldn’t…” OX merely stood there as Tommy’s fists slowly came to a stop; he clung to OX’s leg and buried his face in his thigh, sobbing all the while.

Awa rushed to Tommy’s side, but he pushed away from her. “So while all of ya are sittin’ around tryin’ to make a plan, you could be doing everything I just came up with and then some! Dammit OX!” he punched him once more, “I’m eight, and I just came up with a plan of action! Why couldn’t you?!”

OX’s hand came to rest heavily on the boy’s head; Tommy shrugged it off and ran up the stone stairway. No one tried to stop him. Awa looked fearfully up at the Hellbull, who’s face was hidden in shadow.

Kalma cleared his throat, “Outer circle members, you heard the boy, I want surveillance on Mama Bernette and any new information regarding her safety and the whereabouts of Val’s body! Kita and Awa, see if you two can’t find out where the stronghold for the Hunters is currently located. I’ma stay here and draw out battle plans with the big boss. Amen--”

Amen’s head hung low as he waved Kalma off. “I have something that needs to be done before I do anything else.” the seriousness of his tone alerted Kalma to his mode of thought. Kalma nodded, “Alrighty, but be quick! We’re gonna need you as a tactician. OX, that was pretty much the plan anyway, without kidnapping Val‘s body. We were gonna leave that one up to you.”

He received no answer. Shrugging, he headed up the stairs.

As all the other Circle members moved out, Awa and Kita stayed behind to be with OX. He still had not moved since Tommy’s departure. Kita turned his back to his friend as he spoke. “Do not be rash about this, OX. The boy will be fine, but if we are going to do anything we are planning to, you need to be thinking as clearly as possible. Can you do that?”

OX grunted; Kita took it as a positive motion and made his way out of the fortress doors. Awa could not be fooled so easily. She went beside the broken monster man and wrapped her arms around him for comfort as he raised his face towards the ceiling and allowed himself to cry for the first time in a long time. She held tightly to his shuddering body as he let loose the torrent of emotion he’d held in for the loss of the one he loved and the one she had valued as a sister; the two monsters mourned silently together for another hour before departing.
Miss_Cyn

Postby monster girl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Great to read a new chapter! Beautiful scene between the monsters, but incredibly sad to read too. At least they have a plan now, can't wait until they act on it! :) Can't wait for the next bit!
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby ginacartoon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:38 am

Poor Ox :cry: we all miss her...

What an emotional Chapter though, he shall get revenge!
ginacartoon

Postby ILoveMonsters » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Keep it up!
Yes, I would love a monsterman!
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Re: Miss_Cyn presents Blackout: Inferno (Chapter 2, page 9)

Postby ginacartoon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:26 am

Oh Cheeka.....How I miss thee :(
ginacartoon

Postby Miss_Cyn » Sat May 31, 2014 1:31 am

ginacartoon wrote:Oh Cheeka.....How I miss thee :(

I miss you, too. Life has not been kind, but I will be returning soon to finish what I started. This place is like therapy.
Miss_Cyn

Postby Miss_Cyn » Sat May 31, 2014 10:35 am

Chapter 3 - Closer (Kings of Leon)

Three days. Three days since Annie learned of her son's disappearance. Three days of no new leads in her children's case. Three whole days without being allowed to see her dead daughter's body.

Annie was numb as she went through Val's room, boxing things up and putting them in the basement. She'd decided in a fit of hysteria on the second night that she could not bear to pass Val's now eternally empty room one more time, so Annie, Lola and Laura set about carefully packing up the young blonde girl's things and moving them to storage. Annie was currently wrapping some of her daughter's delicate glass decorations from her dresser when the phone rang. Her heart heavy as a block of ice, she ignored the phone and kept wrapping things.

"Annie?" Laura asked. "Don't you want to answer the phone, Sweetheart?'

"Why?" Annie murmured, emotionless. "So they can tell me my son's dead, too? Unless they have him alive or I can finally see both their bodies, the authorities can let me have a moment of peace."

Annie vaguely heard Lola answer the phone, only to be greeted by excited fast-talking from Lola that they could finally see Valerie's body. The look on Annie's face when she finally turned to face them, however, quelled any long-sought hope the other two women had. Lola excused herself to start the car, leaving Laura and Annie alone. Annie held up the final glass figurine to the light coming in from the window. It was a glass bird in flight, no bigger than her palm, its wings spread wide and elegant. The light cast tiny rainbows onto her face and floor, but she felt no joy or warmth from this knowledge. The only light she had in her life was pretty much gone now.

She vaguely heard some excuse from Laura to hurry to the car. Annie paused for a moment, then pocketed the little glass bird. She would wrap it later.

Amen sat in disguise at the Woodcrest Pub on the edge of Main Street, drinking some vodka on the rocks. He knew Val's body had been moved from the morgue of the hospital to the police station, this much he learned from town gossip. He wanted to pay final respects, maybe even somehow steal her body away from the station for a proper burial. At the last minute, he got cold feet and decided he needed a drink. He quickly realized there was not enough alcohol in the whole establishment that could possibly help him feel any better. Five glasses of alcohol later, he finally gathered enough courage to see his little sister. When he arrived at the station, he gave pause again, shaking from sorrow and dark anticipation.

Shifting into sand, he traveled through the air ducts of the building, searching for the room he wanted. When he came to it, he slowly drifted into the room, not taking form until his entire essence was beside the stretcher holding her. He immediately choked back a sob. Her face was near unrecognizable; many of her bones obviously broken throughout her delicate frame. He shakily ran his fingers through her now red hair, sobbing as he came to terms with her new blood stained hair color. He dropped to his knees and surrounded her one hand with both of his, brushing a few soft kisses across her knuckles and then pressing it to his face.

"Oh, Valerie," he whispered. "My sweet, sweet sister. You were the closest we knew of true happiness in a long, long time. If I could trade places with you, I would! I-- we will honor our promise to protect your mother and brother, and you WILL have a proper burial, Love. I swear on my broken honor!"

Silence met him. Giving a shuddering breath once more, he was about to leave to check for a way out with her when he heard voices coming their way. Kissing her knuckles once more, he dissipated into sand and scattered throughout the white room, intending to see what would happen next.

Annie was lead to a door at the end of a long hall. She'd asked Lola and Laura to hang back for a bit; she needed to be alone with her daughter's corpse. She hesitated before going in, then slowly pushed the door open. She broke down again as she neared her Valerie's broken body.

This is it, she thought. This is the final memory I have of my only daughter. Unable to take it anymore, the dam of emotions she fought to keep in the past few days flooded over. Annie pulled Valerie's body to her chest, holding her as she cried. "I love you, My Valerie..."

"Why, hello, Miss Annie."

Annie froze. She turned to see the man know simply as Walker standing in the doorway, a mock expression of understanding on his face. "What do you want, Walker?" She practically spat.

"Well, Miss Annie. I know you're in a time of grieving, but I need you to sign these forms of consent for me to take Miss Valerie's body for investigation."

Annie was filled with a white hot rage in that moment.

Keep it together! A voice tore through her subconscious, sounding very much like her always level-headed daughter. Don't let him take me, Mama!

Annie clapped her hands over her ears, willing the voice to disappear. Was she going crazy?!

Walker, now looking genuinely concerned, reached out to her. "Annie? Annie, are you okay?"

"Get away from me!" She hissed, causing him to jump back. She was back in control of her emotions, but she would be damned if this stranger touched her for any reason. "You are not taking my daughter anywhere, Mr. Walker!"

He cocked his head, eying her warily. "You do realize her body may hold clues as to who attacked your children and who may still have your son, right?"

"No! Stay away from my daughter, Mr. Walker, I'm warning you! For all I know, YOU'RE BEHIND THIS!" She shrieked as she knocked the clipboard with the signing papers out of his hand. His face changed into a snarl. He looked as if he would charge her for a moment, but--

"Is there a problem in here?" A young cop walked into the room, looking suspiciously at the man who seemed to be towering over the grieving mother. Walker immediately calmed down, smoothing his expensive business suit down. "No problems here, officer. Just trying to help."

"You're help is unnecessary as far as my girl is concerned. Now get out." Annie turned her back to Walker. The young officer escorted the older man out, closing the door behind them to give her more privacy. A sob racked her entire frame; she covered her face with her hands, willing the nightmare to end.

Then, she raised her arms and face to the sky, a desperate note in her voice as she pleaded with whomever would listen to her: "Please! Please tell me what I should do! I don't know anymore! Please, somebody--ANYBODY--help me!"

Her "help" slapped one hand around her mouth to stifle her scream and used the other hand to pin both her arms to her sides. "I can help you, but you'll need to trust me and do everything I tell you..."

--------------

Short comeback, I know, but it's 2:35am where I am, and I haven't slept in a day and a half. Good night / morning, all!
Miss_Cyn

Re: Miss_Cyn presents Blackout: Inferno (Chapter 3, page 9)

Postby ginacartoon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:27 pm

OMGOSH YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK ;3; I was so worried when ye when quiet D: it's good to see you back!!!
ginacartoon

Re: Miss_Cyn presents Blackout: Inferno (Chapter 3, page 9)

Postby Miss_Cyn » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:28 am

ginacartoon wrote:OMGOSH YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK ;3; I was so worried when ye when quiet D: it's good to see you back!!!

Lol, yeah! I missed you, too! There was, and still is a lot going on, but I thought of you and several others on the Monsterboard a LOT in my absence. I'm going to make a better effort to keep up with things here. Btw,LOVE the OX doll!
Miss_Cyn

Previous

Return to Lordi fanfic