Monsterboard

The Hellhound has returned

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: The Hellhound has returned

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:26 am

*makes some dramatic background music* :P wow, I really wonder how it will go there in that monster world and yeah, hopefully they will find Angel too...
Angel Of Death

Postby Hellhound 382 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:46 am

Well here's another chapter. This might be the last one that I can post for a while. It's a long one, possibly the longest one I've written in a while. Hope you like it :)

Monster Tamers
Chapter 3. Requiem

"In our world?! He's forbidden to set foot there!" Awa loudly objected when Shena told everyone.
"Apparently he's been breaking the rules since we left. He's declared himself king" Kalma explained.
"But...but that's your title isn't it?!" Skyler asked Lordi, who nodded.
"Yes...a title I'll soon take back"
"We'll help in anyway we can" Bella promised.
"But how can you guys get back into your world?" Izzy asked.
"Yeah, if the veil's open, can't you guys go through it?" Shena wondered.
"We could, but it's risky. Kalmaged could know the second we do that" OX answered, "But there is another way".
"We'll take it. How?" Lauren looked at Kalma.
"Stonehenge. It's a portal that was made by our kind centuries ago during the dark ages, when monsters and humans lived in the same world. But that's a different story" Kalma looked back at his partner, his emerald eyes piercing through her. He could sense her fear, her insecurity. She didn't know her power's full potential, but he knew. His strength had doubled since meeting her. She'd be of great value in this upcoming fight.
"There's other portals here as well. Easter island, the Bermuda Triangle...all the world's mystery places are all gateways to our world" Lordi explained.
"Okay. Well how do they work?" Izzy asked.
"Simple: Each of us chooses a stone. We cut our hands with a silver dagger, let the blood run on the stone and put the bloody palm on it. We go in between worlds and we're there" Awa answered, shrugging simply.
"Would we have to cut ourselves?" Bella wondered.
"No" Kita answered, "But you'll have to hold on to us".
"Sounds cool. I take it we're teleporting?" Shena grinned.
"Yeah" OX nodded, grinning back.
"Alright...let's go kick some ass and take some names" Lauren smiled, and her face seemed to light up, making Kalma's heart flutter strangely.
Once again teleportation had its uses. They were at stonehenge a little ways before sunrise the next morning.
Bella took out her camera and took a picture. "First time at stonehenge. Don't wanna forget it".
Kita gave her a funny look. "Really? You're about to go into a different world using it. You're not gonna forget it any time soon".
"It's never a bad time for a good photo op"
The alien rolled his eyes. "Whatever floats your happy little boat Bella".
She simply shrugged and followed after him.
"So this is it" Izzy stated, "Stonehenge".
"Yep" Amen replied with a hopeful expression.
"Hey" Izzy put a hand on the mummy's arm assuringly, "We'll find her".
Though he'd never admit it, Amen appreciated Izzy's comforting gesture. It strengthened him in an odd way. A little roughly, he pushed his hand away.
"I know" he went over to one of the stones hurriedly.
"Everyone pick a stone and take it. Tamers, stay with your partners and grab a hold of them. Don't let go for any reason. Am I understood?" Lordi growled as he claimed a center stone possessively.
The other five claimed their stones, their Tamers standing by them, each hoping for the best. Taking out a silver blade, each monster cut their hand and let the blood run on to the stones. The Tamers watched as each stone glowed a different color. Lordi's turned to a deep garnet color. Amen's turned to a lapis lazuli blue. Kalma's turned to pure black. OX's became a goldish brown, like a tiger eye. Kita's turned a deep ruby red and Awa's to amethyst purple.
Shena watched each one turn with interest. Each stone was used in her tracking circle and seeing the future. It couldn't be coincidence...could it?
It isn't. Each stone is linked to us. Hold on to me, Shena
Shena grabbed a hold of OX as bright lights surrounded them and she closed her eyes...

Dang this took me forever to write and type! You guys better like it. Wait to see: The Tamer's have arrived in the monster world, but all isn't well. And later: The battle begins. Will Angel be found? What did Amen do to cause Izzy to worry a few chapters back? It will probably make you wanna destroy your computer and hate me for life.
-The Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:28 pm

so they are off to the monster world...oh I hope everything will go fine there!! You really know where to stop, grrr :P
Angel Of Death

Postby Hellhound 382 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:41 am

You all had better be grateful for this...I am doing a multi posting which means...The story's over after this! But fear not, devoted fans! This is a series! I already have most of it all planned out! But the sequel will not be coming to you until about March. So yeah, boo me now if you want. Here they are: The final chapters of Monster Tamers

Monster Tamers
Chapter 31. Shadow Games

When Shena opened her eyes again, it was dark. The first feeling she got was cold. It was like she was in an ice box somewhere. Sitting up, she tried to keep herself from shaking.
"You're awake, Shena. It's late" OX said from a dark corner.
"Where are we?" she asked.
"Our world...in a cave for the night. The others are still sleeping".
"It's freezing, OX"
"Want my coat? You need it more than I do".
"Won't you be cold?"
"I'll be fine. Here" OX put his coat over her shoulders, "Now get some sleep, Shena. We'll all be here when you wake again".
Shena relaxed in her partner's arms and drifted to sleep again surrounded by his warmth and love. She hadn't seen OX enough to know a change had occured. He looked fiercer now, more powerful. Angel's power had been activated and was now effecting everyone.
The Hellbull looked out to see his comrades at the mouth of the cave. None of them, despite their new appearances, looked happy.
"Should've known he'd do something like this!" Awa quietly yelled.
"Awa keep it down! The humans are sleeping!" Amen walked in and sat down near OX, but still away from the others.
"What's happened?" OX asked.
The entire world is cursed...locked in eternal winter. Monsters are all evolving at incredibly fast rates and unless we can get Angel back, there's no way to stop it" Lordi growled, approaching his sleeping partner, "Perhaps bringing them here was unwise".
"It is our war after all" Kalma sat by Lauren, putting her head in his lap.
"But it just as easily could become theirs. We're risking their lives" Kita pushed some hair out of Bella's face.
"I can't imagine never seeing her again" Amen admitted.
To be honest, none of them could bear the thought of losing their partners. Although they were humans, they'd grown to be extremely dear to the monsters. Seeing Amen decimated by the loss of his partner only made losing them a more fragile and plausible reality. Someday, it would have to end, and it would hurt worse than they could imagine.
"Look, I say let's just enjoy the time we have while we can. Granted, it probably won't be much, but it's better than nothing I guess. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" Kita shrugged lightly.
The others simply nodded in silent agreement.
"They can do this...we all can" Lordi looked down at Skyler with a thoughtful expression, "Be rested everyone...tomorrow...we're at war".

Monster Tamers
Chapter 32. It's not Over (AKA, the chapter that will make AOD want to kill me... :lol:)

They had been lucky enough to break in. Izzy, Awa, and Amen were all on the hunt for Angel while the others were going off to fight Kalmaged. Awa led them down to the dungeons.
"If anything, he's keeping her here" she said.
The three made their way down the stone staircase and saw two heavily armed dark goblins at the door standing guard.
"Great...what's our plan of action?" Izzy asked.
"Magic" Awa answered.
"Great plan" Izzy replied, taking out the Shadows.
"What spell are you gonna use?" Amen asked.
Izzy flipped through pages until he found a spell that just might work.
"This" Izzy pointed.
"Are you insane?! Those things can turn on the caster" Awa looked at him wide eyed.
"Do you have a better idea?" Izzy asked rhetorically, "Just trust me".
Izzy began to recite the spell: "Creatura lapidis invoco te. Quorum ocali tue plaga hominibus pecoribusque commune vescentur. Venite ad me auxilium meum pugna praelium. Surge, et interfice inimicos meos oculos vestros lapideum!".
The room went dark and a short ways away, a loud hissing could be heard. Izzy grinned widely. His spell had worked.
"Izariel....what did you just summon?" Amen asked.
"A basilisk" Izzy answered simply.
The giant feathered serpent creature slipped through the dark, finding its summoner's enemies. With the goblins distracted with the basilisk, the three slipped past to the door.
"Damn its locked!" Izzy couldn't move it.
"Oh move over!" Amen pushed Izzy aside and broke down the door.
"Angel?!" Izzy hurried in.
"Izzy?! Izzy I'm in here!" Angel called out from the last cell.
Amen looked on with dread, bracing himself. Izzy would hate him for this, or maybe even like him better...who knew?
"Amen, the door's locked. Can you bust it?" Izzy asked.
"Yeah. Stand back" Amen shoved the door in and saw Angel standing inside.
She was perfectly unscathed, as promised to him. But Angel was giving him a confused, deer in headlights kind of look. She stared at him for a moment and then rushed out of the cell. She embraced Izzy.
"Oh thank god! I was scared you wouldn't come!" She kissed Izzy passionately, and Amen's heart broke all over again.
"Amen deserves some recognition too Angel" Awa was already suspicious.
"Who?" Angel asked.
"Amen...your partner" Izzy said, also confused.
"Partner? I don't have a partner" She looked at Amen, "I don't know you".
"I know..." Amen said solemnly.
Izzy stepped up angrily to him. "What the hell did you do to her?!"
"I...I made a bargain with Ra....her protection for her memory of me..."
"Oh my god" Awa looked apalled and Izzy ticked off.
Angel all the while was just plain confused. "Let's just go home".
"Yes...let's" Amen agreed, walking slowly ahead of them, his heart completely shattered...
(AOD, feel free to scream at me!)

Monster Tamers
Chapter 33. Amen's Lament to Ra

The others were all in a celebratory mood. Kalmaged was defeated and once again imprisoned in a world between dimensions. They'd all made it back safely. But Amen felt like a defeated man. He'd done the noble thing, yet everyone was pissed at him about it.
Someone knocked on his door.
"Doors open!" Amen called and looked to see Shena stepping in.
She was wearing a simple red party dress. Her hair was curled and the ten stones hung loosely on a silver chain around her neck. Her eyes were soft with sympathy.
"Hey...I heard you're the partier of the group. The party's downstairs" Shena told him.
"Not in the mood" he replied.
"I can see why" Shena sat down next to him.
She saw the half hidden, half drank bottle of scotch lying near the bed.
"Hm...that's where OX's scotch went. Don't worry I won't tell him. But you know, alcohol doesn't solve your problems, Amen".
"Yeah, yeah..."
"Look, I know right now things look bad for you. But they'll get better".
"How? Will she ever remember me?"
"I can't say that for certain. But I do know you guys are gonna be very close".
The mummy sighed. "That's not enough".
"You know this might be a second chance for you two. You guys can get along and eventually it might become love".
Amen hadn't really thought about that. In his eyes, she was still his and he hadn't stopped loving her. It was always her. Even when she was Sheenataroma. Best of all, she didn't remember he'd killed her parents...unless someone had already opened his mouth and told her!
Maybe...just maybe...there was hope yet".
"Thanks Shena...I think I'd like to join the party now" Amen got up and helped the psychic to her feet.
"It's not over..." Shena said cryptically.
"What?" Amen asked.
"It's far from over, Amen..."

Monster Tamers
Epilogue. Prelude 12/21

While the Tamers were in Brooklyn celebrating, a young blonde girl in the outskirts of Dallas Texas woke in a pool of blood.
"What the?" the girl sat up and looked around.
What she saw horrified her. The bodies of her parents and younger brother were gutted and bled out. Organs were scattered everywhere. She screamed, dropping the bloody knife from her hand.
"YOU TRICKED ME!" she screamed!
Too bad...so sad, little Jane...
"Shut up! You're a monster!"
Good...hunt me...hate me!
"No matter where you go...no matter where you are i will spend the rest of my life hunting you down!" she fell to the floor as despair took over and the terrible voice faded.
But it gave way to a more calming, soothing voice. One that was comforting.
He's gone Jane...but I'm here. I wanna help you.
"I want...vengeance..."
And I can help you get it...
"Who are you?"
I am...Otus

And that's a wrap guys :) The sequel will hopefully be coming to you guys really soon. Hope you loved reading this cause I absolutely loved writing it. Might post a few mock "interviews" on here just to hold you guys over til the sequel. And then, hopefully, I will post the little trailer I made :)
-The Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby titanastorm214 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:10 am

I love this :D
titanastorm214

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:42 pm

he did what?? Amen goddamnit...what the hell did you do?? Ah and I thought they would become a couple... :( ah anyway...maybe they will get closer in the sequel then :)
Angel Of Death

Postby sweet-wolf » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 am

awesome angel
sweet-wolf

Postby sweet-wolf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:01 am

Fantastic story, True masterpiece, the best story ever, words can not describe its awesomeness :D
sweet-wolf

Postby Hellhound 382 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:06 am

Hey guys. I'm not fixing to post much, but I wanna kinda give you guys something to kinda look forward to in the sequel to Monster Tamers. So I'm kinda gonna post a little written trailer thing here. Hope you like.

This Spring, they're coming back...
But they're not alone.
Skyler: (seeing Otus on a security camera) Who's that?
Lordi: One of us...
They Reunite...
Shena: So here we are again (smiles knowingly)
OX: You've had other visions haven't you?
Shena: I've had many.
A New Tamer will rise...
Otus: Jane, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into.
Jane: I think I can take it.
And with her, A new enemy!
Chaotic: Hello...Lauren Ringers (Laughs evily)
Lauren: (Screaming) Kalma! Kalma!
Kalma: He's taken her! She's gone!
How far will they go...
Otus: If she's been marked, there's no way to save her.
Kalma: I'm her partner! I have to find her! I'll find a way!
To save one of their own?
Bella: Kita please, don't do this
Kita: I don't have a choice.
Action...
Kalma: Get away from her! (Shoots at a winged vampire)
Family...
Bella: You mean more to me than anything in the world!
Izzy: I won't leave you...not again (Takes her hand)
Romance..
Amen: I can't be without you, Angel.
Angel: Amen, I can't...not with you. Not like this.
Kalma: Lauren...you look so beautiful (She's in a long black wedding dress)
And Revenge!
Jane: I will destroy the Red Chaotic...if it's the last thing I do!
Skyler...
Shena...
Lauren...
Bella...
Izzy...
Angel...
And introducing the newest Tamer Jane in...
Monster Tamers 2: The Rise of Jane
Coming to Monsterboard, Spring 2012

So hope you guys liked that, I actually did write it. I'm sure you guys are now full of suspense for this. But I'm not gonna be posting it til around March when hopefully I'll have it completed :)
-The Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Angel Of Death » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:24 pm

wow that's very nicely written. Just like a trailer from a movie or so :D can't wait to read it :D
Angel Of Death

Postby Hellhound 382 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Hey guys, got awesome news. Got my laptop back :D. And I wanted to let you guys know that I am now on Chapter 6 of Monster Tamers 2. The Rise of Jane. So, I wanted to give you guys an update on that. So hopefully I'll be posting some stuff in about a month.
-The hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Angel Of Death » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm really waiting for it :D
Angel Of Death

Postby Hellhound 382 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 am

Well at least someone is
-The Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm sure some others are waiting for it too, they only don't say it :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Angel Of Death wrote:I'm sure some others are waiting for it too, they only don't say it :)
:roll: :)

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm

it wasn't meant personal or so ;)
Angel Of Death

Postby Hellhound 382 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:04 am

Okay guys, I got bored last night and actually started typing some deleted scenes from Monster Tamers. I'm gonna copy and paste one here. This one is basically showing you guys a bit of a sample of Lauren's power: necromancy. So I hope you guys like it, it's a little inconclusive, but I didn't know where to take it from where I left off.

Monster Tamers
Deleted Scene 1. Breathe No More

Following what had happened with Kalma, Lauren took Shena’s advice to heart and went to Izzy’s room. Nervous, she tapped on the door loud enough for someone to hear. Awa answered it.
“Lauren? What brings you here?” the vampire countess asked.
“I need to know if Izzy has any books on necromancy”.
“He has spell books that have spells for necromancers in them. Not sure if they’d help you. But you could always try them”.
“Thanks” she made her way inside and stepped up to his bookcase.
She stepped on to the ladder and looked around. Some of the books looked old, like they were back from the late 1800s. They were all written in Latin. Much to her shock, Lauren found she could read it perfectly.
“How in the world…”
“Latin is a dead language. Quite literally, young one” Awa explained.
“So dead people speak Latin?” Lauren asked.
“Some yes”.
Suddenly the voices bombarded her. They were pleading for help, for her help. They rang loudly, loudly than they ever had. Lauren couldn’t even hear herself scream as her vision clouded and she fell off the ladder to the hardwood floor below.
“Lauren!” Awa rushed to the fallen tamer, but only found she was unconscious, “Oh god…Kalma!”
Kalma had already felt his tamer’s distress and had teleported to Izzy’s room to her side.
“What happened?!” the zombie kneeled down to Lauren.
“I don’t know. She was looking for books on necromancy when she screamed and fell off the ladder” Awa sounded distressed.
Kalma gently lifted his Tamer’s head. Thankfully, she wasn’t bleeding. Looking into her head, he found that also, she suffered no concussion. Strange…
“She’s fine” Kalma said, picking her up, “Just out cold. I’ll take care of her”.
“Kalma…Be careful around her” Awa looked concerned, “You don’t know what she’s capable of”.
“I know exactly what she’s capable of. A fully fledged necromancer….she’s never been trained. So of course, she has no control over when the dead call on her. It’s supposed to be the other way around. I got her, Awa. I promise”.
With that said, Kalma walked out with Lauren safe in his arms. She’d need to be trained and soon….

I noticed while writing Monster Tamers that I really didn't impose much on Lauren's power. And damn she's supposed to the me character in this. Hm...Well anyway, i'll be posting another deleted scene possibly later or tomorrow.
-The Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Angel Of Death » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:17 am

it's a really nice scene and yeah, not easy for her in the beginning I think...
Angel Of Death

Postby Hellhound 382 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:37 am

Okay guys, here's another scene. Now, I really wanted to put this in, but I was running out of time to get my fic done, so I figured I'd just put it in later. The song sung in this is Nobody Else Like Me by Uncle Kracker. I love that song :). The scene takes place the night Angel gets captured, but before that. So hope you guys like.

Monster Tamers
Deleted Scene 2. Nobody Else Like me

Upon return to camp, the group decided not to ask what had happened in the tomb. They thought some things were just best left unsaid. Though by the look on Amen’s face, it wasn’t hard to guess. That and the fact that Angel wouldn’t even look in her partner’s direction was a big give away. Amen’s grin didn’t fade as he looked over at Angel across the fire. Angel for her part, kept her eyes on the flames. Finally Skyler broke the tension and the silence.
“How ‘bout some music? We should sing”.
“Sing what?” Lauren asked.
“Well you guys are musicians, right? Play us something. If we know it, we’ll sing along to it” Bella smiled, agreeing with Skyler.
With that said, a guitar appeared next to Amen, whose grin only seemed to widen at the sight of it.
“Alright, but you all have to sing”
“That’s kinda the point, Amen” Izzy rolled his eyes, and put an arm around Angel. She put her head on his shoulder and gazed at Amen, who only glared at Izzy in response.
He started to play something and Skyler’s eyes lit up. “OH MY GOD! I love this song!” she started to snap her fingers and sing.
“You don’t know how you met me. You don’t know why you can’t turn around and say goodbye. All you know is when I’m with you, I make you free. And swim through your veins like a fish in the sea. I’m singing follow me, everything is alright. I’ll be the one to tuck you in at night and if you wanna leave, I can guarantee you won’t find nobody else like me”.
Shena joined in to the song. “I’m not worried about the ring you wear ‘cause as long as no one knows then nobody can care”.
“You’re feeling guilty, and I’m well aware. But you don’t look ashamed and baby I’m not scared” Bella sang with them and the three sang together.
“I’m singing follow me everything is alright. I’ll be the one to tuck you in at night and if you wanna leave, I can guarantee you won’t find nobody else like me”.
Kita had picked up a rhythm and started drumming on a nearby piece of dried out wood. Amen played on the guitar through the whole solo part of the song and the tamer’s snapped their fingers.
“Won’t give you money, I can’t give you the sky. You’re better off if you don’t ask why” Lauren sang loud and clear like a bell.
“I’m not the reason that you go astray and would be alright if you don’t ask me to stay!” Izzy joined in while the others sang the chorus.
Then came Angel’s turn. As he played, Amen looked at Angel. Hesitantly, she started to sing.
“You don’t know how you met me. You don’t know why you can’t turn around and say goodbye. All you know is when I’m with you, I make you free and swim through your veins like a fish in the sea. I’m singing”
They all sang the chorus together the last few times. By the end of it, all the tamers and the monsters had large grins on their faces.
Bella laughed. “Oh man that was fun. We should do that again sometime”.
“Heck yeah” Izzy agreed.
Even Angel, who had been in a gloomy mood this whole time, couldn’t resist a smile. “Well, I think I’m actually gonna go to bed guys. It’s been…quite a day”.
Amen looked on as she walked past him, almost completely ignoring him. It was alright. Soon enough, she’d be his for the taking.

Well I actually found this scene fun to type. Hope you guys liked it. :)
-The Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:45 pm

all singing together at a campfire...that's nice :D
Angel Of Death

Postby Hellhound 382 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:56 am

Hey guys Happy Valentines Day. This afternoon I wrote a poem, 'cause i think this day sucks. I'm not exactly single, but i gotta spend it alone anyway. Hope you like

Alone on the Day of Love
To me,
the 14th of Februrary,
is just another day.
Another day alone.
Just another day to get by.
Just another day to sit and think,
of all things that could've been.
My ghost in the mist gone.
My sweet wolf away.
Only to be seen once and then never again.
To me,
the 14th of Februrary,
is just another day.
Another day alone on the day of love.

Well hope you guys liked it. Today sucks...majorly.
-The Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Angel Of Death » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:24 pm

the Finnish people also celebrate it like friendsday so not only the day of love :)
nice poem :) can't really say more because today is a sad day too :(
Angel Of Death

Postby Hellhound 382 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 am

Hey guys...
I just heard about Otus and I feel like total shit right now. I just...I'm shaken to the core guys. I feel bad for his friends, his family, and all the band.
I'm not trying to seem selfish or anything, if that's the word I'm looking for in this kind of situation. But I'm leaving the fate of my fanfic series Monster Tamers in your guys' hands. Should I continue Monster Tamers? Because in this one, he plays a major part and...I kinda don't see a point in continuing it, but at the same time, I wanna do it as a sort of in his honor kind of thing. So it's up to you guys, I wanna know what you think and be honest.
Again, I'm really sorry if I seem selfish...I'm just so upset... :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry:
-The (heartbroken) Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Hellhound 382 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:47 am

Well, I couldn't resist doing this. This is a special fic for my newest Monster/Tamer partnership, Jane/Otus in Monster Tamers 2: The Rise of Jane. The song featured in it is Only One by Alex Band. I cried while typing this, watching Otus Tribute vids and listening to the song. Hope you guys like.

Only One
By: Hellhound382

When she had heard the news, she hadn't believed it. Then again, she wasn't even sure how she had been told in the first place. She just remembered reading those words on an old piece of paper. It was a letter from Lordi, expressing his condolences to her over the loss of her partner. The veil would be temporarily opened for her to attend the funeary rites in the monster world, as it was her right to do so. The others were invited as well, but after that, she didn't read anything else.
Jane Florence trembled, the letter in her shaking hand. Looking in the mirror, she saw that all the color had drained from her face...and everywhere else for that matter. She hadn't looked like this since the terrible night of their meeting, the night she had killed her family in that fit of madness. He hadn't judged her for it and had stood by her through everything. Hell, even when she had HATED him, he never left her. There were plenty of times where he could've, or could've just left her to be killed, but he never did. Otus was always there and now...he was gone. She never thought it was possible. He was Otus for corn's sake! In her eyes, he had always been unbeatable.
It took her days to get over the initial shock. She missed the funerary rites and several phone calls from Shena and the others asking her if she was okay. She never answered them. Jane spent her days on the couch in the Gore Family Funeral Home or up in her room away from everything. Every day was spent like that. She felt empty, hollow. Like her heart was gone. She tried to reach out to Otus with her mind, like she always had whenever she needed to talk to him, but no thoughts replied to hers. Numbness invaded her mind, gripping her near nonexistant heart in a way that was beyond all pain she had ever known.
A week past and she still didn't answer the phone. Finally, she managed to crawl out of bed to her cell phone that was sitting on her desk where it had been collecting dust the entire week. To her surprise, it was James.
"Hello?" she said, her voice dry but shaky.
"Janey? Janey you okay? Dear god, everyone thought you were gone too!"
"I'm sorry".
"For what? Mourning? Jane you have every right to be this way, but when we didn't hear from you, everyone started getting worried. We didn't see you at the funeral or anything".
"I'm sorry, James. I just couldn't...couldn't go".
"Hey it's understandable".
"I wish you were here".
"I know. I wish I was too believe me. I mean if you'd like, I could fly down there tonight".
"I'm not gonna make you come all the way from Seattle to Brooklyn".
"For you Janey, it's worth it".
"You're sweet, but it's not enough".
"Look, I'm here if you need me. There's a portal Lordi left open for you in case if you wanted to visit. He said it was at some church or something".
"The church Otus and I first stayed in when we came here. Knew that altar had something going on with it. Anyway, I think I'm gonna try".
"Do you want me to meet you there?"
"No" Jane shook her head, "This is something I gotta do on my own".
"Jane...you don't have to do anything on your own".
James, please. I can do this. I love you, but I really just need to do this alone".
"Alright. Well I'm here if you need me".
"Thank you".
"I love you Janey".
"I love you too James".
She hung up and decided to dress herself in a more appropriate attire for this. She chose a simple black button down dress complete with a large hood. She put her blonde hair up in a bun and slipped on her black boots. With that, the look was complete...or not. Jane dug into her jewelry box and took out a necklace. The chain was made of silver and the pendant white pearl in the shape of the symbol for Yang. He had taken the Yin sign with him. Jane put the necklace around her neck and then the look was complete. For a moment though, she felt just like the Yang symbol, like a piece of her was missing. She went outside and took some roses from a nearby bush and went to the church where they had first stayed in Brooklyn. Standing on the altar, she was transported to the monster world.
Awa was the first to greet her.
"Jane...we thought you'd never come".
"Sorry it took so long. I'm a suffer in silence kind of person I guess. Where are the others?"
"They've retired for the evening. I take it you're here...to visit Otus' crypt".
Jane nodded solemnly. "Yes. But I'd rather go alone...please?"
"Of course. It's not too far from here. Maybe a five minute walk to the cemetary".
"Thank you".
Jane walked out of the castle slowly and soon found herself at the cemetary. In one hand she held the roses, but the other hand was clasped at the Yang symbol.
"Otus...if you can hear me, I'm sorry...for everything" Jane started to sing, "My eyes are painted red. The canvas of my soul is slowly breaking down again. Today I heard the news. The story's getting old. When will we see the end of the days we bleed for what we need to forgive, forget, move on?"
She passed by different graves, light mist hanging in the air. Somehow she hoped her partner could hear her, somewhere, wherever he was.
"'Cause we got one life to live. One love to give. One chance to keep from falling. One heart to break. One soul to take us, not forsake us. Only one...only one".
God in that moment, no truer words had ever been sung. Otus had taught her that: people and monsters alike all had only one life to live and it shouldn't be wasted on worthless, meaningless things...like revenge for example.
"The writing's on the wall. Those who came before left pictures frozen still in time. You say you want it all, but who's side you fighting for? I sit and wonder why there are nights we sleep, while others they weep with regret, repent..."
Be strong...
Jane turned but saw no one. She continued walking along singing. "'Cause we've got one life to live. One love to give. One chance to keep from falling. One heart to break. One soul to take us, not forsake us. Only one...only one..."
Snow drifted around her, falling slowly and silently. Jane sighed, seeing her own breath. She kept on her way, until she came across the crypt at last. She paused and continued.
"Just you and I...under one sky...One life to live. One love to give. One chance to keep from falling. One heart to break. One soul to take us, not forsake us. Only one...Only one!" Jane fell to her knees before the grey stone crypt, sobbing, unable to continue.
For a moment silence reigned until another voice joined in, but in her head.
One life to live. One love to give. One chance to keep from falling. One heart to break. One soul to take us, not forsake us. Only one...
Jane looked up and gasped. There he was, sitting on the crypt steps, looking at her with soft amber eyes. He smiled that same gentle smile he always gave her whenever she was upset about something. Around his neck was the black pearl Yin symbol
"only one..." She finished and could almost hear the soft piano ending in the wind.
They stared at one another for a moment, unable to speak. Tears prickled at Jane's blue eyes. She struggled for words.
"Don't leave me...you promised...please Otus don't leave me!" She sobbed.
Her partner stood and in an instant he was on the step next to her. He put a hand on her shoulder, but it was cold.
I haven't forgotten my promise to you. And I have not, nor shall I ever leave you, Jane Florence. You're my Tamer, I'm a part of you, just as you were a part of me.
"But you're dead...I'll never see you again!".
Yes you will. Just as you'll see your family again. Being dead is just a setback, Janey.
"I know...but-"
You have one life to live, Jane Florence. I highly suggest you start living it. Look at all you have now. You have friends, and a boyfriend who adores you. Go to Seattle, be with him. Brooklyn holds too many memories. Go...live...your...life.
"But it's only a half life without you. You're my partner".
As you are mine. But Janey things change. You know they do. It's the way things work. Just know this: I love you. I have always loved you, ever since the day I felt your thoughts slide with mine. I wanted to help you and I have. My life was complete because of you Jane. But now it's time for you to live. If you're not gonna do it for yourself please...do it for James...your friends...do it for me.
Jane knew he was right, as much as she hated to admit it. After all, she did only have one life to live.
"I'll try...for you".
Otus smiled and pulled her hood down so he could see her face better. You look like you've been through hell.
"You have no idea...I'll leave these here...and this" Jane went to remove her necklace.
NO! Keep it...please, so you'll always have a piece of me wherever you are
"Alright" she put the roses at his feet and looked up at him.
I have to go now Jane. Don't my forget my promise...and don't forget yours. Remember...you have only one. Good bye Jane Florence
Jane sniffed and then managed to reply. "Goodbye Otus".
As he stood, he seemed to disolved into a flurry of snowflakes that blew right past Jane.
I will always love you, Janey...
"I love you too Otus"
But in that moment he was gone. And yet he was there...somewhere. Everywhere. A simple smile passed her lips.

Well, hope you guys liked this. Took me forever to type it and my eyes are killing me from crying so much. Anyway, I don't own the song. Alex Band owns it. Hope this also brought a little comfort to you guys.
-The (heartbroken) Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Angel Of Death » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:41 pm

of course you can continue the monster tamers...see it like an honor for him and I'm being honest now :)
very nice and also a very sad chapter you wrote...we fans have to support eachother now *hug* and we have to keep supporting the band too of course :)
Angel Of Death

PreviousNext

Return to Lordi fanfic