Monsterboard

Kitawa fan art goes English~ updated July 25th 2015

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Kitawa fan art goes English~ updated Feb 17th 2014

Postby tsark » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:54 am

Sulo looks so adorable and yet so horrifying! :D Beautiful work as always buddy!
tsark

Postby Kitawa » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Thank you for your feedback lovelies! And happy summertime to everybody!

I was thinking I'll give the "Because everybody loves Mr. OX" original away to anybody who's interested. It's not that much of a masterpiece, but if somebody would like to have it, I will happily send it for free. Drop me a line to my inbox and you shall get it (the first one who does that). :)

Edit: The drawing is taken. :) Don't bother any more.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Postby Kitawa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:44 am

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I updated last time!

I am currently in sort of a crisis when it comes to making Lordi fan art, therefor I am actually surprised that I suddenly ended up making the following picture. I didn't plan it, I was just yearning for good old times and Lordi's ex-members, started drawing and went with the flow. The result is these two monsters with a bit updated costumes, though I think they're not different enough to actually be like from a new era. Anyways, if the picture raises any sort of feelings, thoughts or reactions, I'd like to hear about it. Also I'm tempted to mention that this picture wasn't drawn with a pen of any sort except for the gold & silver details. I used a brush only. I painted the outlines with ink and coloured it with watercolour. God knows I haven't touched watercolours in years, but you gotta try something different every now and then, right? :)

"Into the future"
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f79/l ... g~original
Kitawa

Re: Kitawa fan art goes English~ updated Sep. 11th 2014

Postby Maddy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:23 am

First off all: I am very glad to see you back here. I missed you, and your beautiful pictures!

And then about your new painting:
It looks really really nice! I love how you imagined how those two monsters could have looked like, if they ever got an updated. Especially your interpretation of Otus looks fantastic! Even though I think he might look a little bit too kind..
Anyway, the amout of details is, again, stunning. Maybe they wouldn't be fitting into the Scare Force Once era, but definitely in the To Beast Or Not To Beastone. That's at least my opinion!

And about feelings/thoughts/reactions:
Seeing this picture I'm realizing that I'm still missing Kita a lot. :(
I mean, I'm also really happy with Mana in the band, but Kita is simply someone really special to me. He will always have a really special place in my heart, no matter what.
But I'm also trying to imagine how those two would look during the current era now.. Thank you for making my thoughts go nuts! :P

I'm in love with the colors that you used to paint this. <3
And I'd also say that it turned out really great, even though you didn't use watercolors in such a long time.
You can be really happy with this result. At least, I am. :)
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Isa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:54 am

I like the color of Kita hair and Otus I have a feeling like it was him in his teenage year or something like that. A younger version of the Otus we did know
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby monsterboy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi good to see you back! :)

So happy to see your new art. Indeed it brings back memories, it gives me some nostalgic feeling especially to see Otus. Those where the good times. :P

I really love your interpretation of his new look! Although I imagine him a little more angrier and aggressive, with more studs and spikes and deeper, more open scars in his head. But hey it's very nicely done. Great job!
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby Angel Of Death » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:45 pm

very nice drawings once again..Otus actually looks kinda cute in it :)
Angel Of Death

Postby tsark » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:03 pm

I agree they look like they're teenagers (ooooh the headcanons appearing in my mind! XD ) but they do look blooming gorgeous!!

I LOVE the way you draw Kita, something about his hair looks so strokable, even though I know he'd eat my fingers if I tried :P Mr Otus looks like he's trying to look badass but would stop to pet random dogs passing by XD They're both really well done and I'm loving the detail of Kita;s chainmail and Otus' piercings!
tsark

Postby Kitawa » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Alright this is getting really frustrating. I cannot currently upload stuff to my fan art topic. Imageshack is not free anymore and I need another image hosting service, which would:
1) be free!
2) ALLOW DIRECT LINKING in full resolution
3) would not show my pictures on the hosting site itself thru search or such, or allow people to comment my pics on the actual hosting site
4) has enough space for my images (currently 57 pieces of art and likely more to come) and has max. image size at least 3 megabit.

So far I have tried
Imageshack -> no more free
Photobucket -> no direct linking
Dropbox -> no direct linking
Flickr -> no direct linking
Deviantart -> shows my pics to anybody on the actual DA site, also wants to have all rights to my pictures once I upload them on the site

So would anyone know yet another image hosting service which would actually work for me? I am tired of creating useless accounts to see if the site works for my purpose or not. Help on this would be very much apprecciated. <3 Thanks.
Kitawa

Re: Kitawa fan art goes English~ updated Jan. 30th 2015

Postby Kitawa » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Alright fellas, I found a way to allow direct linking to full resolution pics from Dropbox, so I am changing my image hosting server to that and hopefully everything works as perfectly as should. If you see a broken link on the fisrt message of this thread, would you please be so kind that you'd write me a note about it? Thanks a thousand!

I can't believe I'm back with another drawing since... September 2014. Whoa. Well, I was drawing something Lordi-related for a buddy of mine and got inspiration for this as well. The drawing is called "Wistful", and it's a drawing of The Drummer. It's made with a common black pen and my brand new and very much cherished Adobe Photoshop CS6. :) No reference material used this time. Hope ya like it!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qxs ... l.jpg?dl=0

As for the feedback on the previous fan art piece by me: thank you so much to all who commented! I love and apprecciate each and every comment you've given; they DO mean a lot to me. Especially I want to thank you Maddy for your thoughtfully written feedback. I do feel you and share your feelings 100% when it comes to missing Kita. So good to hear you were inspired to think about how these ex-drummers would look in new Lordi eras. :mrgreen:
Kitawa

Postby Isa » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:11 am

Draw is very sweet. Somewhere it make me think on two option :

- He look at a show and is nostalgic
- He saw sad and the light represent hope or so
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Maddy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:50 am

Kitawa wrote:So would anyone know yet another image hosting service which would actually work for me?

If you are still looking for one, I can highly recommend Tinypic.
You don't have to creat an account to use it and I'm quite happy with this.

And about the feedback:
You are very welcome! And actually I have to thank you for giving me this inspiration. :)

Kitawa wrote:I can't believe I'm back with another drawing since... September 2014. Whoa. Well, I was drawing something Lordi-related for a buddy of mine and got inspiration for this as well. The drawing is called "Wistful", and it's a drawing of The Drummer. It's made with a common black pen and my brand new and very much cherished Adobe Photoshop CS6. :) No reference material used this time. Hope ya like it!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qxs ... l.jpg?dl=0

I like this new drawing a lot!
It has a pretty nice style and I especially like the coloration of it. And I also think that the title of the image is very fitting for this piece of artwork.
What did you have in mind when you were drawing it? I mean, what is he waiting for so eageryl? :)
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Kitawa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:21 am

Thank you for your sweet feedback Isa & Maddy! <3 <3

Maddy wrote:What did you have in mind when you were drawing it? I mean, what is he waiting for so eageryl? :)

I didn't have anything spesific in my mind when I started drawing it. I was sketching just for fun and as often happens, it turned into an expression of a certain emotion in my heart. (Now this might sound a bit deep sh*t but sometimes I feel strongly a drawing I have made wants to tell me something and I have to interpret it to understand it myself. That's when I feel I was really not the one who decided what to draw, but the character/feeling took my hand and led me to draw what it was wanting me to say. If that makes any sense? Sometimes a backstory comes to my mind afterwards when I start to "understand" the drawing.) There really was not a backstory for this one and so I actually think both Isa's interpretations of it are really good. However, I know he is not waiting for something. Somehow I find the way how his hands are pretty meaningful.
Kitawa

Postby Kitawa » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Yo!

I'm back again. Summer holiday does miracles and so I have another drawing to offer for viewing here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xn8 ... 5.jpg?dl=0

The drawing itself is almost as old as hell, but I coloured it only today (July 25th 2015) after I had found it in a box of unfinished drawings. So I thought it'd be waste not to finish it. I didn't like the drawing too much but I think it turned out pretty nice with colours, what do you think? I guess it's Kita in summer mood. 8) I didn't look at preference pictures for other than a couple of details such as the colours for hair & spikes, so it's pretty much a freehand drawing. Hope ya like what you see (however if you don't, I guess there's not much I can do about that anyway). Have a very relaxing summer, all monstermaniacs! :wink:
Kitawa

Re: Kitawa fan art goes English~ updated July 25th 2015

Postby Angel Of Death » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm

a very nice drawing again, like usual ;)
Angel Of Death

Postby tsark » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Yay more Kita! :D He looks gorgeous when you draw him (not that he isn't pretty darn cute on his own of course!)
tsark

Postby Maddy » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:54 pm

I don't get why you did not like it too much in the beginning, because I think the pose is pretty cool already.
Since I'm not such a big fan of the Babez outfit, that would be my only "negative" aspect here (But you can't really call that negative xD).
I'm really in love with the colors you used there!
Btw, nice new logo you got there. :)
Sacred and Wild.

Previous

Return to Lordi fanfic