Monsterboard

Teenage Monsters

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Teenage Monsters

Postby Rosalie » Sat May 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Woo, it's been AGES since I've last posted here...I'm so sorry! :oops: (but I don't think anyone's been reading this thread lately so I guess it's all okay).
So the other week I was completely bored out of my mind (don't worry, I'll try to keep this speech short!) and then I suddenly remember that fanfiction existed so I ran to my laptop and loaded up Word. And I was completely stuck for ideas. I didn't know what kind of fanfic to write and eventually I decided on Lordi.
I've already got a Lordi fanfic up on Wattpad, and I considered making a prequel but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
D'you know why?
It's because when writing Lordi fanfic I feel that I've got to make all of the monsters serious and knowledgable because they've just got that kind of auror about them.
And I realised that my Teenage Monsters is one of my favourite fanfiction that I've ever written.

SO I DECIDED TO COMPLETELY RE-DO IT!!!!!

And here it is...the first chapter of the re-done Teenage Monsters...PLEASE have a read of it. I spent a lot of time editing it, going through it to make sure it was perfect :)

Awa

I look back and forth between my best friend Enary and this monster I've had a crush on since Year Seven: Kita.
They're sitting closely together and Enary's long blonde hair is tumbling all over his shoulder like a silky blonde waterfall. It's so unfair. How come she gets to be pretty and smart?

Enary lets out a sugary giggle and I feel sick to my stomach. It's funny how she claims to be my best friend. She KNOWS I've fancied Kita ever since Y7 and she's more or less stayed away from him. But every since we got back from the Easter holidays...well they've been all over each other. Why the sudden change? As the bell goes for lunch Enary links arm with Kita and looks over at me.

"See you at lunch babe!" she blows me a kiss and flounces off. I scowl at the back of her head. Her skirt's so short it's blinding me. I hope the wind outside blows it right up in her face.

"See you," I mutter and trudge after them.

"Awa?" I hear a voice behind me and spin around to see my friend Amen Ra standing there. Amen's always been one of the shyest people I've ever known, although his best mate Mr. Lordi says he's very talkative. Weird. Whenever he's near me he goes ever so red and stammers.

"What?" I say grumpily.

"A-are you okay?" he asks quietly.

"I'm fine!" I snap at stalk off, wanting to be as far away as possible from everyone.

As I walk into the girls locker room, Enary and this other girl (Hella Schizo) are giggling together and smearing on lip gloss. I can't stand the idea of make-up. Why cover up your face?

"You've got a face like a bulldog Awa," Hella remarks cattily.

"And you've got a face like a clown," I reply sourly and fling open my locker and I dump my books in it.

"Don't speak to Hella like that," Enary says automatically.

Hella moved here from MonsterCity a few weeks ago. I can see why Enary's befriended her. They're both tall, skinny and blonde with big blue eyes and perfect figures. It only took Hella a few days to have 40% of the monsters in Haunted Town High crushing on her. Guess who the other 60% fancy: Enary.

"Well excuse me," I snarl and turn my back on them and walk away as fast as I can. I can hear them whispering and snickering behind me.

When I get my food from the cafeteria I scan the place for somewhere to sit. I spot a couple of empty seats where Kita is. I make my way towards him, smiling hopefully. He glances up and sighs deeply.

"Sorry. Enary, Kalma and Hella are sitting there," he glares at me.

"Oh...well I'm Enary's best fri-"

"Are you sure?" Kita smirks. "D'you honestly believe you two are as close as you think?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. Look, there's a seat over there," he nods his head in the direction of an empty table.

I smile at him and make my way towards it, feeling hurt. I know it doesn't really mean much...but I am her best friend. Why wouldn't she want me to sit with her?

"Do you mind?" I hear a deep, gravelly voice. I glance up and see OX Tavener.
OX, Kalma and Hella are all new kids. OX and Kalma are non-identical twins. Kalma and Kita became fast friends and OX has more or less kept to himself. I suppose he's relatively good-looking with his dark, brooding eyes and leather jacket. If you're into that type.

I shake my head and he pulls up a seat next to me.

"Shouldn't you be over with the popular ones?" he arches an eyebrow at me.

"Not anymore," I mutter. The 'in crowd' includes: Enary, Kita, Hella, Mr. Lordi, Amen, Kalma and , until today, me. The rest of us are Charlene, G-Stealed, Mana and Magnum. OX was invited on the first day to sit with the in crowd but he pulled a face and stated he didn't run with a crowd.

"Us rejects stick together," he breaks off a piece of bread.

"I'm not a-"

He cuts me off with a knowing look and I glare at him. Great. Looks like I'm doomed to spend the rest of my days with a grumpy, sarcastic hellbull with a leather jacket.

Just as I thought this couldn't get any worse.

Wow, that was longer than I though it would be...sorry! :oops:
But when I start writing I can't stop and my fingers just take over my keyboard and nothing can tear me away from my laptop. Oops.
Well I hope you all enjoyed the beginning!! :mrgreen:
(and here's a hoping I'll be able to stick with updating this and I won't "abandon" the fanfic)
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Re: Teenage Monsters

Postby Miss-Elodia » Sat May 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Good to see you're writing again!
I really liked the beginning :)
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015.
Twitter Tumblr Facebook Lordi stories on FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Previous

Return to Lordi fanfic