Monsterboard

The Hellhound comes home

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

The Hellhound comes home

Postby Shadow Hound » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:26 am

Oh my god, it is soooooo good to be back on here! Gah! How long has it been? Seriously, time does sure fly when you're away from everything here.
So I know some of you are kinda pissed and are like AMARI, Y U NO FINISH YOUR STORIES?!
Well, lots of reasons is the simple answer and I'm not really gonna go into them all, for the sake of time.. I'll admit though, I actually kinda fell out with Lordi for a while, but thanks to a good friend on here, I'm back in, sort of. I don't like most of the newer stuff, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan, as I'm happy they're enjoying success and stuff.
Shoot, I can't remember the last chapter of Monster Tamers I posted. God dang it...Oh well, just means I'll have to take a lucky guess and pray it's it :lol:
So, for those of you who don't know what's going on this story, I encourage you to read the first half of Monster Tamers 2 in The Hellhound Returns topic thing-a-majig thing lol. Or if you're too lazy, keep reading on: Basically it's a sequel to a story I made before called Monster Tamers. In this, the Tamers have both a new enemy and a reluctant new ally and both will stop at nothing to get what they want. One wants domination, the other revenge. When Lauren gets kidnapped by an ancient and seemingly unstoppable monster, the Tamers must stand together to save their friend, but will it be enough? Read on to find out :)

Monster Tamers 2. The Rise of Jane
Chapter 22. Monster

He'd grabbed her arm and practically dragged her to her room. Lauren didn't put up much of a fight. She felt drained of all her energy. The Chaotic was still in that hated form, but at least he wasn't looking at her.
He threw open the door and threw her in. Safe in the dark, he shifted to his true, unseen form.
"You should know by now not to make me angry, Lauren Ringers".
She didn't respond at first, but she asked after a few minutes, mostly out of curiosity, "Why didn't you just let him kill me?"
"Because you wouldn't be any good to me dead".
"Really? Is that really why?"
"Don't push the matter, human. I can easily end you".
"Technically, thanks to my abilities I would've come right back...well sort of, but you still could've used me. You know what I think" the young necromancer was being very, VERY bold with this assumption, "I think you've grown to care about me".
"What would make you think of something so preposterous?"
"Because you didn't have to save me. You could've let him make me a wraith".
The Chaotic didn't answer, but moved away from her. Lauren continued, though she knew she was stepping into dangerous territory.
"I knew it! You don't have it in your heart to harm me! Scare me, maybe, but never hurt!".
He laughed! He was laughing like she'd told some kind of joke! It unnerved her, and maybe she found it even scarier than anything he could shift into.
"Heart?! Ha!" he grabbed her wrist and put her hand on his chest.
To Lauren's shock, there was no heartbeat. She looked puzzled. It didn't make sense! How was he alive without one?! Man, this thing just defied logic!
"How-"
"Red Chaotic...they don't have them" he let her go.
Lauren still looked puzzled and sat on the bed, very much confused now. But maybe...just maybe she could work with this, buy herself and her friends some more time. Whatever this thing was planning, it could be easily stalled. She just had to keep him talking. Not too hard...at least she hoped.
"How is that even possible?!"
"My kind are like that. Black chaotics and pinks, they have use for them, but reds and blues, we don't need them".
"There's others like you?"
"Yes, they're different colors and stand for many things. Most of the time they're invisible unless they choose to be seen. other times, a human can only see them if they have supernaturally good eyesight, like your little Jane friend".
"Jane's no friend of ours. She's trying to get back at the one who made her kill her family. Anyway, do they change shape like you?"
"They aren't shapeshifters. Reds are the only ones who can. Blacks are...soft. Despite their fierce appearance. They're what humans would refer to as...diamonds in the rough. They're tender and...ugh...gentle" the Chaotic sounded disgusted when talking about them, "But they're very wise as well. Blue are capable of great mischief. They inspired other stories of creatures similar to goblins. Pink ones...these things...ugh...they're almost as bad as the black. They are around those who have... unrequited love".
"Wow...shocked I don't see those all over the funeral home".
"Why would you see them there?"
"Well...some of us are...well, we're more than just Tamers to our partners, and some Tamers have hooked up with each other while other crushes and stuff have been left unsaid, you know".
"What about you?"
"What about me?"
"The night I stole you, you and your...partner were on sleeping on the same bed".
"OH! Me and Kalma?" Lauren shrugged, "I don't know. I guess I could love him, but I'm no necrophiliac trust me. Like I said, I could love him, but...but he's...well, he's dead. And I may be a necromancer, but I can't, I can't bring him back to life, you know, in like a living body and stuff".
"So your partnership is strictly that? Just a partnership, nothing more, nothing less?"
"Well we're friends. I mean, he saved my life and I'm debted to him for that. I feel safe with him, comfortable. All my life I've run away from things, but with Kalma I don't wanna run away. Okay, maybe I do a little sometimes, but I'd take him with me, just to feel safe and wanted by someone. He's the only true thing I've ever had".
"What do you mean?"
Lauren sighed. "I never really had a family before. My parents gave me up when I was small. I was in foster care nearly my entire life. I've seen a lot of things: Violence, abuse...everything in the book. Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I was tired of being told where to go, what to do, how to do it. So I took my life into my own hands and ran away. On the streets of Brooklyn I found Kalma".
The Chaotic didn't reply at first. In the dark, he looked down in reflection. A hand went into his pocket and touched a metal object that held high value...and served as a constant, painful reminder. But he didn't let himself think too much about it, not in front of the human at least. To do so would mean to show emotion and with it, weakness.
"Do you have a name?" Lauren asked, pulling him out of his thoughts.
He didn't seem evil in that moment. Their previous altercation and the hostility he'd shown before was forgotten as Lauren felt a small pain coming off her strange captor. She heard him sigh.
"No...I was never named".
"Why?"
The Chaotic growled defensively. "That's none of your business!"
The hand that gripped the metal object in his pocket tightened its hold as pain washed through him. Memories he'd buried deep inside were resurfacing. He remembered a caress, a voice, a lullaby...He couldn't take it. He turned and walked out without another word, locking the Lauren in behind him.
Safe in his own chamber, the Chaotic pulled out the metal object: a copper music box. It was small, circular, color fading with time. In the back was a small key mechanism. When it was turned, a small melody would play. His lullaby...the lullaby SHE once sang to him. He gazed down at it angrily, but still turned the key with utmost gentleness. The lid opened revealing what appeared to be something like a crumbling mosaic, a picture of a woman dressed in all black. Her skin was a deep gray in color and eyes once ice blue. Despite his anger, it seemed to calm him for just a moment. But then he remembered her betrayal, how she'd lied and abandoned him, broke his heart before his mind ever even truly knew what love was. A thought came to him: Smash it! Destroy it! Throw it against a wall! Do something to get rid of it!
It sounded like a good idea, seeing as how SHE had destroyed his life. He raised his arm to throw it, but hesitated. How could he think of destroying something so sentimental? She had loved him for a short time, and this was a reminder of that love, no matter how short a time or how false it was. At least she'd pretended...perhaps even tried. Sighing, feeling defeated, he put his arm down and held the music box to his chest, where his heart once was.
"Why?" he asked, "WHY?!"

Well, now that you've seen our baddie isn't really such a baddie after all. Thanks guys for welcoming me back, and I hope to update soon. AOD, if you read this, there's a pretty important chapter coming up next that has you in it. I can't wait to post it, it's gonna be awesome :D
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Re: The Hellhound comes home

Postby Shadow Hound » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 am

Holy crap guys, you know what, I just totally went back to my old stuff and found that I skipped WAY ahead than what I was supposed to, I feel so bad about that. If I get another chance, I'll post the chapters I skipped over. There's A LOT! XD God that was such a fail! I should've totally looked first. I'm sooooo sorry guys. So I'll go ahead and basically write a summary for each skipped chapter here.
Chapter 9
Song: Broken, by Seether Feat. Amy Lee
Summary: The Tamers discover that the creature who took Lauren was none other than a Chaotic Demigod, a creature that takes the form of a person's worst fears. It's the one that drove Jane insane and sent her on a rampage that killed her parents and her brother. Kalma gets sick from being away from Lauren, though they can't seem to figure out why this is, as it didn't happen when Angel was separated from Amen. The group concludes to go after the Chaotic, but need to find out where he is first. Impatient to get her revenge, Jane strikes out on her own. Otus tries to convince her it's not a good idea, but she doesn't listen.

Chapter 10.
Song: It Ends Tonight, by The All American Rejects
Summary: Otus tells the group how he met Jane, after she killed her parents he helped her hide from the police and she made her own weapons mostly of silver for hunting down her enemies. We learn about Kita's history, how he'd once hated humans for keeping him caged and using him in a freak show. Meanwhile Kalma's condition worsens by the hour, but he vows to destory the Chaotic if it's the last thing he does.

Chapter 11
Song: You and Me, by Lifehouse
Summary: Angel and Amen share a mental moment while the monsters are out trying to see if Lauren is still somewhere in New York. Shena is having trouble trying to find their friend, but continues to try. Amen agrees to give Angel guitar lessons in hopes that maybe something will happen to cure her amnesia.

Chapter 12
Song: It Snows in Hell
Summary: Jane looks at her life from a different angle and wonders if what she does is truly right. Otus has played the free will card, which has left Jane feeling alone and defenseless. He keeps his distance physically, though he follows her and speaks to her in her mind. Otus discovers Jane fears being alone, that he'll eventually abandon or die on her as well. With this realized, Otus decides to give her just a little bit of space, but not too much that he'd lose her.

Chapter 13
Song: Missing, by Evanescence
Summary: Lauren wakes in the lair of the Chaotic, who's accompanied by twelve ancient vampires called the Icari. Lauren learns more about the Chaotic's power and comes to the conclusion that he can't really control when, how, and what he shifts into. Turns out he's not acting alone either, he has someone else working behind the scenes who wants the Tamers destroyed and he's using Lauren as bait to lure them into the Icari.

Chapter 14
Song: Amaranth, by Nightwish
Summary: Shena has more trouble finding Lauren than she'd hoped. And to add to the strangeness, a new tracking stone, a rose quartz, appears in the drawer where she keeps them. Upon touching the stone, Shena has a vision of a new unknown monster that seems like a human, but but it's not and she's left to assume there's another Tamer out there. She keeps the stone hidden from OX and the others as she doesn't know how it'll effect events in the future.

Chapter 15
Song: Stay in Shadow, by Finger Eleven
Summary: The Chaotic isn't too happy that Shena has sensed him, even had a vision of him, though how she did it he doesn't know. His mistress comes calling and she encourages him to not get too close to Lauren, for fear of exposing his "true, weak self" to her.

Chapter 16
Song: Whispers in the Dark, by Skillet
Summary: Meanwhile, Lauren starts exploring the Icari hideout and stumbles across wraiths, living dead bodies of an Icari's bride. Lauren is shocked and frightened at the sight of these creatures, but they mean her no harm. She strikes a bargain with them: She'd help them to escape in exchange for helping her train her necromancy abilities.

Chapter 17
Song: Won't go Home Without You, by Maroon 5
Summary: Otus is still following Jane, who's still in deep thought about everything. He tells her she hasn't lost him yet, and that he'll keep following her until she decides to return to the others. He tells her revenge isn't everything and even admits he was once like her, only he hunted humans back when the human and monster world were one world. He also tells her that forgiveness is stronger than revenge and that she needs to let go of her past if she ever wants a future, and promises never to truly leave her. The two reconcile and become truly Tamer and Partner.

Chapter 18
Song: Only One, by Alex Band
Summary: In his weakening condition, Kalma comes to the conclusion that he's changed since meeting Lauren and comes to the conclusion he's in love with his Tamer, though he knows it's wrong and believes she could never feel the same about him. He falls asleep holding her favorite book, Keturah and Lord Death.

Chapter 19
Song: Away, by Breaking Benjamin
Summary: Shena is the first to greet Jane and Otus back at the Funeral Home. Jane tells the psychic she wants to help them find Lauren and so Shena takes an opportunity to try to track the enemy without exposing her own secret. She uses Jane's mind to track the Chaotic, only to find he's in a whole other dimension, well, actually, in the world between dimensions.

Chapter 20
Song: Mulan's Decision from the movie Mulan
Summary: Shena tells the Tamers where she believes the Chaotic is and they agree that they have to find a way to go after him for Kalma's and Lauren's sake. Jane tells them all she knows about the Chaotic and they conclude that there's now way he's working alone and there's a connection between the Chaotic and the Icari.

Chapter 21
Song: What Have You Done, by Within Temptation
Summary: Lauren works with the wraiths in trying to control her abilities but it proves difficult, as wraiths are not completely dead. In order to fully a control a wraith, she'd need the powers of a traditional shaman as well. But she manages in transferring her commands to their minds. Their bodies obey, but their souls are against it. After this she attempts to go back to her room, but is attacked by an Icarus who seeks her as a bride. Just as the Icari is about to strike, the Chaotic moves in and saves her, practically torturing the Icarus with its worst fear, which is, ironically enough, the darkness. Lauren begs the Chaotic to stop but it turns into a fight where he turns into her worst fear and drags her away.

So I hope that was enlightening. I can't believe I didn't even think of all this sooner. Anyway, I'm heading to bed now. Night Guys
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Amari, so nice that you are back :D and you didn't have reasons to be scared for coming back, it's not that I'm angry or so :)
very nice that you decided to continue the story, I always loved reading it :D
the Chaotic seems to be a bit soft...hopefully the others can save Lauren. And yes, can't wait for the next chapter of course ;)
Angel Of Death

Postby ravelyn » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:31 pm

woooo aamazing chapter
ravelyn

Postby Shadow Hound » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:45 am

AOD OMG! I frikkin missed you! (Hugs, really, really tight) So happy to be back on here and reading you're awesome reviews :) And yes, he is a softie, but you'll catch on to more stuff about him later. Now let's get you what you came here for :lol:

Chapter 23. Beauty and the Beast

"Like this?" Angel asked, positioning her fingers on the fret board of her guitar, trying to mimic her partner.
Amen looked at his Tamer's hand thoughtfully and reached for it. Careful so to not hurt her, he moved her index finger up a string ad smiled.
"There, now it's perfect. Hold those strings down and strum".
Angel strummed the strings and it let out a dull sound. The look on her face was disdainful.
"That doesn't sound right".
When Amen strummed his, it sounded clear. Feeling a bit discouraged, Angel sighed.
"I'm never gonna be as good as you".
"Don't be so hard on yourself, you'll get it. You probably weren't holding them down hard enough. Here" the mummy went behind her and held down the fingers on the strings, just barely enough to hurt.
"Ow" Angel winced.
"Shhh...don't think about the pain. Soon you won't feel it" he whispered in her ear as if it was a secret, "Now try again".
Angel did as instructed and the sound was clear as could be, definitely musical and most definitely right. Encouraged again, Angel turned her head and smiled at her partner, whose heart leaped to his throat.
"Oh my god" Angel strummed it again, "We did it!"
"And that, my dear, is the A Chord".
They stayed that way for a while. It felt nice, right almost. In that moment, nothing mattered. The world just seemed to fade until it was just the two of them looking into each other's eyes.
"Um...Amen..."
"Yeah?"
"You can let go of me now".
"Oh!" he got up, letting go of her hand, "Sorry".
Angel laughed. "That was real smooth there, Amen".
"Oh yes, wasn't it?" he found himself laughing with her.
Putting her guitar aside, Angel looked up as if deep in thought. "So we're doing it...going after Lauren I mean".
"So I heard. You know the risks but yet you'd give your life for a fellow Tamer. You're very noble Angel".
"Well so are you. I learned it from you sort of. That and I owe you all one for saving me from that creep before".
"I'm not all that brave".
"To me you are, and noble too. Look, when you made that bargain with Ra I know exactly what you risked, your happiness. I know you love me, or you loved me-"
"Love. I've always loved you, Angel, and I always will no matter how much you choose Izariel over me".
"Well when you put it like that you make me seem cruel".
"It's not you" Amen sighed, "Love has always been cruel to me. You've always been good and I won't give up, Angel Morris. Even if you could never bring yourself to love someone like me, I will try always for you, just as I always have".
Angel didn't reply at first. How could she? Never had she heard someone confess something like that to her face before. To be honest, she didn't know what to say or how to feel. In that one moment he wasn't a monster anymore, he was a man and a man who loved her. Though her thought was taking a huge risk, she knew it was what he wanted. He gave up something for her, and now it was time she took a chance for him.
"Amen...I know what I'm about to ask is a little weird but please...kiss me".
"What?" he gave her a shocked look.
"You heard me. Just once. It'll be our secret. Izzy doesn't have to know. I know you want to and it's okay. It's just one, right?"
"You have no idea..."
Without another word, he leaned in and kissed her as she'd asked. It felt...strange, unnatural, but felt so familiar. It was electrifying, almost bringing all of her senses to acute levels. She closed her eyes and then...it all came back. All of her memories of Amen came back, from that dreadful night in Egypt up to this moment. What in the world was she doing?! He'd killed her parents, and she was with Izzy! Quickly she pulled away.
It was her turn to look shocked. "Amen...what just happened?"
"I did as you asked" realization hit him like a ton of bricks "And you remember".
"Yeah, I do" Angel got up, putting her guitar back in its case, "I'm sorry, but...I can't do this. I need to think. I need to be alone".
"Angel please-"
"Amen stop! Please, just stop! Really, I need to figure this out by myself"
"You forgave me of your parent's death".
"I know...but that's not what's got me now. I just need to think".
"About?"
Angel sighed. "I have a choice to make. We'll talk later, but for now...just leave me alone".
With that Angel left her partner standing alone, mentally kicking himself. How could he have not figured it out before?! It was so classic, cliche!
True love's kiss could undo any curse...

Wow! Pretty intense toward the end I think. Don't worry, all will be settled in the next chapter. Well, at least between these two :)
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:36 am

you are welcome and I missed you over here too. But good you are back now :D
so...a true love's kiss huh. I wonder what will happen in the next chapter :D
Angel Of Death

Postby ravelyn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:17 am

hugs you. amari you are the best
ravelyn

Postby Shadow Hound » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 pm

yay another update from me lol
Angel you're gonna love this chapter I think. If you really wanna feel the full effect of this chapter, please listen to the instrumental version of My Love by Sia as I was very inspired by that song to make this chapter :)
Ravelyn you're the best (Hugs)

Chapter 24. My Love

Alone in her dark room, Lauren's thoughts went back to Kalma. Chances were, he was miserable without her. She wondered if he knew somehow she was thinking of him.
She thought back to her conversation with the Chaotic. Lauren had admitted that it wouldn't be hard to love him. She knew Kalma was dead, but he still had a soul, and a wonderful heart to match. But still...it seemed wrong, looking at it from the outside anyway.
Shena and Ox then came to mind. How did she do it?! How did she bring herself to love her partner, who not only was dead, but of a different species altogether?! Kalma had at least been human at one point, so why couldn't she bring herself to love him the way Shena did Ox? Surely it was easier in some small way. Maybe she was being too technical, being too...outside-ish.
"He always said that was my problem" Lauren thought, "Lauren, you really do think too much".

Meanwhile, Angel was facing a similar problem. She'd kissed Amen, which now left her all kinds of confused. She hadn't forgotten anything from the time she didn't remember him. Despite everything, she'd forgiven him and opened her heart to him even just a crack. Hell...now he was probably reading her mind.
More than just a crack. Speak of the devil. Ever since that first memory, that first kiss, your heart's been an open book and it's one I love to read.
"Get out of my head, Amen! And get away from the door!" She knew he was in her hallway (Where else would he be?), "I don't need you clouding my head and influencing my choices".
Is it really me, Angel? Or is it something you've left under wraps ever since you saw that first memory? Oh, and the pun was intended.
"Well your puns suck!"
But Angel knew her partner spoke the truth. It'd started out as sympathy, but everyone knew, especially lovers of a good love story, that sympathy and intrigue were normally the seeds planted for love to grow from. That seed had been planted upon that first memory and all this time she'd let it grow, unchecked, until it budded and, with their most recent kiss, blossomed into love, like a flower almost. She'd never really thought of love being like that. Then again, she wasn't really close to many people outside her family.
Admit it Angel.
"No"
Say it.
"No I won't".
But god was it tempting! Angel wanted to say it, and to let herself fully believe it. Why was it so hard? They were just words, right? Simple and meaningless...except love and other matters of the heart were neither. She needed to get away, to think. But where would she go? It didn't matter, as Amen would always find her.
Angel felt this warmth cross over her shoulders as if strong arms were keeping a hold on her. Angel leaned back and closed her eyes, hearing steady breathing and feeling the beat of a strong heart. It was too late. He was already there to claim what had always been his. The time for thinking was long since over.
Before she knew it, Angel felt her head turning to the side, tilting at just the perfect angle. She felt her own heart fluttering in her chest. She reached a hand up and touched his face, only to find that instead of dead dried out flesh she was touching something alive. It wasn't Izzy, she knew, she would've heard him come in. Amen had a glamour on! That cheater! But her mind was in other places. Sensations and emotions bombarded her, the temptation to say what he so wanted her to say was getting stronger. Angel kept her eyes closed and moved up just a little, and before she knew it she was kissing the man, not the monster, she'd grown so deeply to love.
At long last! He'd done it! Angel's heart was finally, after so many years, after so much trouble, all his. At last, she loved him, admitted it without even speaking. Finally she pulled away for air and opened her lovely eyes. He looked alive again, like in the memories she saw with his queen.
"Will you say it now?" he asked.
"Lose the glamour, I wanna say it to the real you".
At her words, it seemed to melt away, leaving behind the mummy he was now. Without fear, or any form of resentment, she finally said it.
"I love you, Amen".
"And I love you, Angel Morris".
Without another word, Angel turned in his hold, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him with all her love. All the while, he kept her close, afraid to let her go. He'd never let her go again, no matter what happened.
When she pulled away again, she was smiling. For the first time in so long, both felt complete and happy. Angel relaxed a little more in his hold, snuggling in his arms.
"Love me" it was a silent plea, but one she understood too well.
"Always"

Finally! This chapter is done :D The next one's gonna be rather short, but I'll post that when i get a chance. Hope you liked :)
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 pm

I really hope everyone can save Lauren, they have to!!
oh this chapter was so beautiful to read :D Amen finally has his Angel all for himself. I really hope they will be happy with eachother :D very beautiful written too :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 am

Angel, Glad you liked it :) That was probably my favorite chapter to write in this story so far. I don't know why, I just really like writing in Amen/Angel's world. It's just soooo much FUN :D
And yes, after this chapter, You'll see that the Tamers need to hurry to rescue Lauren

Chapter 25. Unforgiven

You're exposing yourself to her! What have I told you about that?!
"Forgive me, mistress" the Chaotic replied calmly, "Miss Ringers has...quite a way of carrying on a conversation".
And you've left yourself open as a result! I should just destroy you and take those pesky tamers down myself!
"They'll be on their way soon mistress. It's just a matter of them getting to us".
Which you have only made more complicated!
"What would you have me do?! Show them the way here?!"
You and I both know we can't do that. Already the little psychic bitch has figured out half of it, along with your little enemy who has now fully aligned with her partner!
"If I know Jane Florence at all, there's some kind of ulterior motive. She'd never fully align with any monster, much less her own partner".
Then we are pressed for time. Not only have the Tamers discovered our location, Ringers grows stronger by the day!
"What?! How can this be?! She's been locked up!"
FOOL! She is a necromancer and she is gathering the wraiths!
"She can't!"
She is! The only thing stopping her now from holding a complete uprising is that she does not have the powers of a traditional shaman. She can control dead bodies, but not much else.
"What should I do?"
As I said we are pressed for time. The Tamers may very well be on their way as we speak. The time to act is now. Give her to one the of the Icari. I need just one more soul to complete my purpose, and Ringers should have more than enough power.
"You'd make her a bride then, mistress?" he dared a question.
WHAT SHOULD IT MATTER TO YOU IF A HUMAN LIVES OR NOT?! YES! Give her to the Icarus that attacked before. Revan I believe his name is. He should make quick of her. Don't disappoint me, nightmare soldier.
"As you wish" he bowed respectfully as his mistress's thoughts left him.
A pit formed in his stomach and he hesitated. He couldn't hold back now, not when he was so close to getting what he himself desired. The Chaotic pushed his emotions aside and decided to do as she asked.
Lauren Ringers was about to face a fate worse than death: Becoming the bride of a Winged Icarus

Oh shit! Things just got real on here! :shock:
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby ravelyn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:14 am

omg looks at the others you better find her hugs a little lauren plushie and sobs
ravelyn

Postby Isa » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:41 am

Sorry did discover only yesterday that you was Amari :)

How is Kalma now ? Will he be better ? And will you included Hella and Mana ?
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Angel Of Death » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:18 pm

oh wow, that really doesn't sound good at all :s they really have to find her and really fast!!!
nice to hear you like writing in Amen/Angel's world :D
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:48 am

ISA :D Yes! It's me ^^ I thought I lost you lol. Alright, as for your question, Kalma's condition is getting worse before it gets better. But if they rescue Lauren in time they can save him. As for your question about Mana and Hella: They're probably not gonna appear in this particular story. There will be more Monster Tamers though, I promise. Just haven't decided on what to do exactly with them. For Mana I got three different ideas that I'll probably share with you guys at a later date, but right now it's kinda up in the air with both of them. I don't know much about either one, so that doesn't really help either. So yeah, ultimately they will be in a future Monster Tamers story.
AOD: Oh yeah, they need to find Lauren and quick! if you haven't read the Dark Angel Trilogy by Meredith Anne Pierce, I would highly recommend that you do in order to fully understand what happens when an Icarus takes a bride. It's not good news at all.
So without further ado...

Chapter 26. All of this Past

"So how are we gonna get there?" Izzy asked, as the Tamers were all sitting at the dining room table, trying to discuss what to do.
"Well I know we don't have any portals around here. Not any that are open" Jane told them, taking a sip of her grape soda.
"What about the one we used last time at Stonehenge?" Bella wondered.
"That portal's sealed up" Lordi explained, "It sealed after we used it".
"Lovely" Angel rolled her eyes.
"Well...there's one portal I know of that we haven't used yet" Amen added, "It's one I've been dying to use and seal. And no, no pun intended this time".
"Where is it?" Shena asked.
"Well back when I was alive it was in a city we called Lycopolis-"
"The City of Wolves? Seriously, could you Egyptians get anymore original?" Jane sighed.
Amen gave her a dark glare. "It was named for Wepwawet, the wolf god of hunting and war".
"But why would a portal be there? As far as we know, nothing historic really happened there".
"Wait" Angel remembered something, "If my memory serves me right, Sheenataroma was from that city, right? She was buried there instead of the the Valley of the Queens. I think the city's called Asyut today".
"Nice one, Angel" Amen smiled.
"Hey it paid to have Egyptologists as parents".
"Anyway, so you guys think it might be in her tomb?" Jane asked.
Amen shrugged. "It's a good guess. We'd know it 'cause we could sense it".
"Yeah it should be simple enough" Ox added, "We can sense portals where tears in the Veil between Worlds is most prominent. If there's one anywhere in Asyut, I say we give it a shot".
Izzy wasn't really paying attention to the others. He had his eyes on Angel and Amen. Something must've happened since she seemed to know who he was now. The young spellcaster sighed quietly as he caught on to the truth. Angel was no longer his. He let that thought go, as he would deal with it later, and paid more attention to the situation at hand.
"So what do you guys know about this world between dimensions?" he asked.
"Well it's pretty self explanatory. Not much is really known about it. It's that shadow world we went through when we rescued Angel" Awa explained.
"Needless to say, we don't really stop and look around. Technically we can't" Kita looked slightly nervous.
"Why's that?" Skyler looked slightly confused.
"Because we can't stay there for a certain amount of time, or we'll be trapped there".
"Wait, so then how is it the Chaotic and the Icari can stay there and still come to the human world?" Jane shared Skyler's confusion.
"Good question" Amen nodded, "When we have an answer we'll let you know".
Shea looked thoughtful for a moment. "Maybe they're not really in between dimensions, but in a whole new world altogether. Not the human or the monster world, but in a world all their own".
"Good theory, but if true finding Lauren would be next to impossible" Ox shook his head, "We only have access to this world and ours".
"Whoa wait a minute, that's not entirely true" Skyler thought aloud, "Not in the case of you and Kalma. When you were in the Kalmageddon brotherhood, you guys could do interdimensional travel right?"
"Because of Kalmaged, we had other powers, but yes, we did. Why?"
"But Kalmaged himself was a time traveler, not an interdimensional jumper. I think there's a link between the two somehow. Didn't he send Kalma forward in time once?"
"Yes" Kalma's voice, weak as it was, answered, "But I was still in the same world. There were just different things in it".
""But we also went to other dimensions Kalma, other worlds is what the kid's saying. I think she's on to something".
"She is" Shena confirmed, "There's always been tears in the veil between worlds, hasn't there?"
"That's what we were always told. Kalmaged would tell us to use these tears for when we went on recruitment missions and such. The only problem we had was that we didn't know where, or when, we'd end up".
"So basically interdimensional travel and time travel are entwined. I think I got it!" Skyler stood up with an excited expression, "Lauren's in the monster world! But she's just in a different time! Don't you guys see?! Lauren's being held in the past, which kinda explains a few things but i won't go into that due to time and stuff. All I know is we need to get to Asyut and find that portal and fast!"

And let's just hope they do.
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:13 am

no, I didn't read that trilogy...maybe one day I will or so :)
this is getting exciting. Comon monsters and tamers, go after Lauren and save her!!!
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:11 am

I was gonna wait til Isa left a review, but I'm trying to do two updates a day at least. So as you guys can imagine, I'm writing like crazy. The story's almost all written. I'm just gonna really hate doing the last battle scene 'cause I suck so bad with fight scenes, I really do.

Chapter 27. For You Only

Lauren hadn't moved from her spot. She had a single candle lit as she sat on her bed lost in thought. A part of her felt lost and she found herself wondering still about her feelings toward Kalma.
The jingle of keys brought her out of her thoughts. The Chaotic was coming. Quickly she blew out the candle and laid down, pretending to sleep. The door opened and she struggled not to move.
Lauren felt him place something on her bed, something very light. She could hear him breathing and, as always, it was calm. It seemed like nothing really could disturb this strange creature's serenity except for when she brought up subjects he felt didn't need to be discussed. But in his calm, there was a kind of uncertainty, like something deep down was wrong. He moved away from the bed and placed something more solid on the night stand. Lauren kept her breathing steady, though her heart pounded. Without saying anything, he left the room and locked it behind him.
Sitting up, Lauren lit the candle again and looked around. At the foot of her bed was something that looked like a pile of lumpy clothes. When she touched it, it was soft, like velvet in one part and then silk in another. Taking a closer look, she found...it was a dress. A long black ball gown like dress. The top half was made of velvet and the skirt silk. Why would he...
"Oh god...no! No! No! NO!"
On the nightstand though was something that caught her curiosity. It sort of looked like a small, very small, jewelry box. But upon further investigation she found it was a music box. It was made of some kind of metal, copper or brass she couldn't tell in the dull light. Under it was a note:
Let this trinket be a comfort to you, as it has in some ways been for me over the years. I didn't have it in me to be rid of it, and the memories it brings. Soon though it won't matter. Keep it, destroy it, I don't care anymore. The choice is yours, but tomorrow at sundown, you will meet your fate. Your friends, your precious partner, all of them will perish. Do not dare hope for help, as it will not come. This I assure you.
He didn't sign it. How could he? Lauren gripped the music box tightly and tried her hardest to fight back tears.
"Kalma...please...please find me"

Short, but somewhat meaningful chapter. A little "awww" moment that he gave her the box, but why I won't reveal 'til later chapters. Let's just say there are just some things best left in the past, or so our villain seems to think.
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Isa » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:49 am

Don't wait for me 'cos I sometime do read more then one chapter at once depending how busy I am

I always go read back what I miss then no worry for me
Isa

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm

oh poor Lauren...she won't like what will be happening with her tomorrow :(
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:12 am

Isa: I'm just nice like that. It annoys the hell outta people lol
AOD: No she won't like it...it's a very, VERY, unpleasant experience to become the bride of a Winged Icarus. Very painful, but you're still kept at least half alive.

Chapter 28. Fire in the Water

"This is it?" Skyler asked.
"Yes" Lordi materialized next to her, "This is Asyut today. It's not much, but it was once a very poor city. Sheenataroma gave the people hope. Stole from the aristocracy and gave to the poor".
"Ah, so she was like a chick, Egyptian version of Robing Hood? Seems legit".
"What?"
"Legit".
"What is that?"
"I don't know, all the cool people say it, so...yeah".
Lordi sighed. "I refuse to become a slave to a trend. Humans are strange..."
"So wait...where are the others?"
"Searching for the portal I think. Amen and Angel may have already found it"
"Sounds good to me. It's in the tomb, isn't it?"
"According to what I just heard from him...it is. In the tomb of Queen Sheenataroma, Queen of Egypt, and Queen of Thieves".
"No wonder why he wanted to come back here. C'mon, we gotta meet up with them".
"I agree"
The shadows surrounded them, slowly engulfing them into some kind of dark bubble like formation. How they'd been separated from the others they didn't know. Probably some sort of problem with the teleportation spell. Skyler closed her eyes and stayed close to her partner, as she didn't like this means of travel. It always scared her, and often times left her sick. But thankfully it only lasted about a minute and they were at the tomb with the others.
"Sorry guys" Izzy apologized, as he'd been the one to cite the spell.
"Hey don't sweat it, we're all here now, right?".
"It appears so" Shena answered as she started handing out each Tamer/Monster pair's tracking stones.
"Sweet! Let's do this!" Skyler grabbed hers with enthusiasm.
Each monster cut their hand, letting the blood flow on to their stones. Soon a cold, almost freezing feeling came over them and darkness surrounded them. The world between dimensions was large, obviously easy to get lost in, as there was really no means of directions. Just darkness and cold. Kalma had a hard time without his partner, but he was managing, feeling determined to find Lauren was making him stronger. It was also Jane's first time travelling between dimensions. She had her eyes shut, and clinged to Otus for dear life. She was obviously afraid, and cold to boot. The others could see her shivering. But at last, a bright light awaited them and finally, they stepped through the tear in the veil and they were again in the monster world, just in another time.

YAY :D they made it :D
BUT, will they get to Lauren in time? Or will she be forced to be married at fifteen? :lol:
Keep reading to find out!
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby ravelyn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:15 am

Yay they made it.. and they better well damn find her ..this stories awesome
ravelyn

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm

good that they made it...now they have to rush to save Lauren!!!
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:00 am

Not really much to say, except today's been a bit of a crap day, though it's one of my days off from work. Hopefully this chapter will cheer me up some.

Chapter 29. Come For You

To Lauren's surprise and horror, the dress fit perfectly. In the drawer of the night stand, she found a pair of black pearl earrings and a necklace to match. With her normally wavy dark brown hair straightened, and skin almost deathly pale, she wanted to smash the mirror she looked into. But she refrained, not wanting to anger her captor. But something intrigued her...
The music box. Why did he give it to her? Why was it so special, yet he was so willing to give it away? He was a mystery, and she was bent on solving him, even if it was the last thing she did. Circumstances being what they were, it probably would be. She turned the key and listened to the soft melody that played.
When it stopped, she felt something slide against her mind, like another consciousness flowing like water next to hers. It felt so familiar. It felt like..like...IT WAS! Lauren put her had on the mirror and reached out to that consciousness.
"Kalma! Kalma please help me!"
At her words, her reflection shifted into him, or it was more like he was right there behind the glass. At first he looked shocked and then relieved to see her.
Lauren! Oh my god, I feared the worst! I swear I'll never let you out of my sight again!
"Where are you?"
We're all here in our world. Do you know what year it is?
"Why?"
Because we might be in a different time right now. No time to really explain I think.
"I don't know the year. I've been locked up in this room most of the time".
We'll figure it out. What's with the dress?
When he asked, she was nearly on the brink of tears.
"Kalma, you have to help me! The Chaotic's gonna give me to an Icarus! I can't be married at fifteen, it's not even legal! And I don't feel like being turned into a wraith either!"
How much time do you have?!
"Tomorrow at sundown! But Kalma, listen to me carefully, I think he's planning a trap of some kind. Maybe...maybe you and the others should just leave me".
Lauren...Lauren how can you say something like that? I won't leave you. I won't go back to your world without you.
"Why? Why do I mean so much to you? Why do I mean so much to any of you?"
He could see her clearly in his head. Her tears were like knives in his heart. He wanted to make them stop, and to make her feel strong again. Now was the time. He had to be honest, and lay it all on the line.
You mean the world to me, Lauren. Of all the people, human, monster, I've met, you have had the greatest impact on me. No one has ever made me feel the way you do. I'd do anything to get you back. I hate this distance, Lauren. There's nothing more that I want than you. I guess what I'm trying to say is...I love you, Lauren Ringers. I always have, and I'm always going to. There's nothing anyone can do to undo that. That day we became partners, I pledged my life and allegiance to you. But now I pledge everything that I have. Mind, heart, and soul is all yours, Lauren, even if you don't feel the same.
He loved her..
He LOVED her!
Before she could process all that entirely, she heard the Chaotic approaching.
"He's coming! Hurry to me, Kalma and I promise...I'll try to make sense of all this. Please Kalma...Please come for me".
I'll be there, Animula.

Well this did make me feel a little better. Reading that Happy Appy creepy pasta didn't too particularly help :| Not reading that shit ever again...
Anyway, see you guys next chapter. hope you liked :)
And I promise, I won't read anymore creepy pastas! XD
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm

oh Kalma finally said it :D now they really have so save her!!! They need to be together again!!
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Okay good news and bad news. Good news is: I'm well on my way of finally getting my driver's license lol :lol:
Bad news is I won't be able to update for a little while. My chapters kinda caught up with me, and I wanna get at least two more written before I post anything.
And now I'm facing another big decision in my story, and I want you guys to really help me out on this: Should I, or should I not kill Otus off in this story? A part of me really doesn't want to, because i think it'd feel kinda wrong if I did, but I also wanna include Mana into the series ASAP. Not really ready to do anything with Hella just yet, just wanting to know what you guys think I should do. 'Cause the idea I had in mind was to kill Otus off and have Mana a replacement partner for Jane, which, of course, she's not happy with. Gonna see what you guys think and go from there.
Thanks a ton
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Isa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:19 pm

In my eyes you can include Mana without kill Otus

May look stupid but even in role game I can't kill Otus, he go away or so but never die, I guess 'cos he was (and still is) important for me
Isa

Next

Return to Lordi fanfic