Monsterboard

The Hellhound comes home

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: The Hellhound comes home

Postby Shadow Hound » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:33 am

Well right now guys I'm working on Skyler's character sheet. Tomorrow I get to do Lauren's, which will be fun. I don't know when I'll be updating the fic next, but I'll keep you guys updated on the character sheets for now.
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm looking forward to that :) I'm curious for Angel's sheet :P
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:14 am

I've actually started doing Shena's instead of Lauren's. I believe Angel's is actually next...and yeah both of them (Shena and Angel) are gonna be awkward when talking about their relationships as it gets very, very personal if you guys get my meaning...so yeah...it's gonna be crazy...Still can't wait to do them though, as Shena/OX and Amen/Angel are my favorite couples to write, and of course Lauren/Kalma too
-The Hellhound
P.S: Now that I think about it, Lauren's is gonna be awkward too... :shock: God help me...
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:01 pm

haha, you make me even more curious now :D can't wait for it!!
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:25 am

Hey guys, I'm still working on Shena's. I never realized just how interesting of a character she is. I mean, really I think to myself, why the heck isn't this chick the main character? lol but it'd be cool to have her powers I won't lie, and of course who wouldn't wanna be all cuddly with OX? :lol:
So I'm thinking of posting Skyler's character sheet here on MB, but I don't know if I can do that as character sheets don't exactly mean fanfiction, it's more like the "making of" process so to speak, but at the same time, readers can learn stuff from the character sheets that they might not get in the story, and there's not many spoilers in the sheets themselves, but like I said yesterday, some of the questions get very, very personal, so that's the only thing keeping me from posting them. I don't wanna embarrass anyone, especially not myself so I'm on the fence about it. It's something I'd like to do but I don't know if I can. And not to mention I don't wanna take up too much space either.
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:52 pm

of course you can post it here :) it's part of the fanfic :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 am

Hey guys
I kinda took a day off from the sheets today. I decided to go looking around and im happy to say I found my story again!
Yeah I lost it for a bit but it's found now and hopefully I can get it back up and running here soon. But more than likely I'll post the character sheets first while I write the next few chapters. Thanks for your patience guys. The tamers will be back :)
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:09 pm

yaayy, that's nice to hear Amari, can't wait for it :D
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:05 am

Okay everyone, so as promised, I'm gonna go ahead and post Skyler's character sheet. I'm more than halfway through with Shena's and then I think I'll start Angel's or Lauren's, depending on who I feel like getting out the way next. I decided to make things less awkward on myself and for you guys and take out parts that might seem inappropriate or offensive. So here you guys go :)

Skyler Character Sheet
Full Name: Skyler Taylor Monroe
Nickname: Sky (By mostly everyone she knows)
Age: 14 at the beginning of the Monster Tamers Series. Grows up as the series goes along.
Date of birth: February 4, 1996
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Occupation: Monster Tamer, leader of the Monster Tamers crew, responsible for saving the world from evil monsters, and sealing the veil between the monster and human worlds. On the side, is an artist in the making.
Hair Color/Style: At the beginning of Monster Tamers, Skyler has dark brown hair, almost dirty blonde in color. She doesn’t really do much with it as far as styling is concerned. But as the series goes along, she dyes her hair blonde and starts straightening it more often.
Eye Color: Brown
Accent: Hint of an almost British sounding accent, but only if you really pay attention to it. For the most part though is American accented, Northern.
Height: Unknown for now
Weight: Unknown for now
Tattoos: None, though she likes making them as it goes hand in hand with her art.
Piercings: Her ears are pierced in the later part of the Monster Tamers series, never gets anything big though.
Birthmarks: None that can be seen.
Disfigurements: Not really a disfigurement per se, but her eye sight has been kinda bad since she was really little.

Personality Overview
Fears: Failing her team and taking the responsibility as a leader for a team whose members are for the most part older than her is very intimidating. She doesn’t like being picked up either, as it makes her feel unstable.
Childhood: Skyler Taylor Monroe is the daughter of famous artists Teresa and William Monroe. Growing up, her parents weren’t around very often, going on trips around the world to display their art while Skyler stayed home in Manhattan to get her education. She was raised for the most part by the caretakers and nannies that were in her parent’s employment. She was never truly too fond of them, and missed her parents often when they were away. When they weren’t around, she often sought companionship, but was mostly distant from others her own age. It wasn’t that she didn’t get along with people, she was just terribly shy and liked it better when people approached her. At a young age, Skyler displayed incredible artistic talent, even by her parent’s standards. Wanting to follow in their footsteps, Sky decided early on that art was what she wanted to spend her life doing. She was enrolled in private schools most of her life, where she received the best education money could buy. This did nothing however to help her need for companionship.
Adolescence: At the age of fourteen, Skyler didn’t have really any friends. She was still as artistic as ever, and enjoyed making things and seeing them come to life. One day, while in art class, she feels a very strong urge to draw something, hearing a growling, dark voice in her head begging to be freed and for her to come back home, saying it’d been waiting. She drew out a creature that was a mix of a troll and a demon, who turned out to be Lordi himself. In a clever and somewhat ironic twist of fate, the demon-troll had escaped the Monster World not through a tear in the Veil between worlds, but through Skyler’s mind, a detail he gave her once she got home. She wasn’t sure how to take becoming a Tamer and initially she was afraid of him. But after taking her to the Gore Family Funeral Home, and explaining his and his allies reason for being in her world, she was bent on helping them, though doubted her abilities as a leader. Since being with the Tamers, Skyler’s gone on plenty of adventures, meeting with many other Tamers and their monster partners along the way all the while learning more about herself and her power.
Adulthood: She’s not an adult quite yet, so she’s still on her adventures with the Tamers. Will be updated as the series goes along, but she has high hopes of becoming a famous artist, which may happen.

Fashion sense
How does Skyler usually dress?
Skyler likes variety in what she wears. Much like her art, she loves colors and sees them as a reflection of who she and her friends are as people. She gets color meanings rather well. For her, she usually wears lighter shades at the beginning of Monster Tamers, but as she grows and matures her colors change with her. It’s also interesting to note that Sky is what’s typically called a blind shopper, where she buys things primarily based on texture.
What does Skyler usually wear to bed?
Skyler likes to wear t shirts and baggy pants to bed. She also likes to wear socks to bed, to keep her feet from getting cold.
Does Skyler wear jewelry?
Sometimes, when occasions demand, Skyler will wear Lordi’s tracking stone, a polished garnet on a silver chain, around her neck in case she needs to find him, or when traveling between worlds. All Tamers have a tracking stone that links them directly to their partner. Besides that, she usually wears earrings but nothing that dangles as she claims they make her ears look big.
Is there anything about Skyler’s appearance that she’d like to change?
She dyes her hair blonde later in the series, and she would choose to have green eyes given the chance, as she thinks brown eyes are too common.
How would Skyler look as a guy?
As far as appearance she’d probably have only one ear pierced and would probably have shorter hair. She’d be stronger physically but besides that not much else would change as far as appearance.
What does Skyler smell like?
Typically she smells like paint or other artistic utensils like wood or charcoal, especially after making something new. The others are okay with it, but Lordi finds it particularly pleasant. For formal occasions she might wear some scented perfume, but nothing too strong.
Does Skyler have an accurate mental picture of her appearance?
Skyler thinks nobody looks how they imagine themselves to look, which is fine with her. So her mental picture of herself varies from one situation to another.
Choose a different time period and describe what Skyler would be like in that time period.
Skyler can easily be compared somewhat to Joan of Arc. She comes from humble beginnings but rises to become an important leadership figure to those around her.
Favorites, habits, likes, and dislikes.
Skyler’s favorite pastime is painting. She can actually paint physical figures but finds it more fun to do abstract work. She likes colorful things, and can’t stand just using one or two colors for her work. She also practices her ability to bring objects to life, which she also enjoys doing. At first, Skyler hates the idea of being a leader but with Lordi’s help, things get easier and it grows on her. She hates Kalmaged the Time Traveler and what he’s put her monster friends through. Her favorite person of all is Lordi, but her favorite Tamer to be around is either Shena or Lauren.
What are some of Skyler’s hobbies? What does she do with her time?
Skyler views herself first and foremost as an artist. This is beneficial, as it ties in with her ability to bring her creations to life and gives her the liberty to do and make just about anything she wants. When she’s not busy being an artist, heroine, or leader, she hangs out with Shena and Lauren doing typical girl stuff.
What is Skyler’s favorite color?
Skyler likes darker colors, but most notably any shade of red, similar to that of Lordi’s tracking stone, and anything that coordinates with it.

Favorites
Favorite books and music artists.
Skyler loves to read sometimes, but she mostly reads about the artists of the renaissance era and tries to use some of their techniques herself, which is easier said than done in her opinion. As for music, she likes classical at first, but grows to love rock music thanks to her monster and human friends as time goes along.
Movies and TV shows
She doesn’t really watch too much TV but she is a fan of anything Supernatural related. Her favorite character is Castiel.
Authors
Doesn’t typically look at authors, but artists.
Favorite actress/actor.
Skyler loves just about anything Johnny Depp related. Tim Burton is her favorite director.
Political Stance.
Skyler, like most of the Tamers, hates politics and doesn’t really pay too much attention to them.
What are some of Skyler’s pet peeves?
Skyler is a perfectionist almost she has too many pet peeves to list.
What sort of gifts does Skyler like?
Skyler enjoys anything art related, which could be anything. She loves anything with color in it or any gifts that allow her to be creative.
What is Skyler’s favorite time of day?
She doesn’t really have a favorite time of day.
What is Skyler’s favorite weather condition and season?
She hates cold weather so winter is a bad time for her, though she does love snow. She loves spring and fall mostly when things are brighter and more colorful.
Where does Skyler like to spend her time?
Anywhere she can take out a notebook and drawing pencils. She’s shy at first but also loves to be around the Tamers when they aren’t busy saving the world.
What is Skyler’s favorite food and drink?
Skyler loves Italian food, like Lauren, and is especially fond of anything pasta. As for drinks, water and tea suffice just fine with her.
What is Skyler’s favorite animal?
She loves birds. Owls are her favorite, most notably the great gray owl.
Does Skyler have any pets? Does she want any?
She eventually gets two rescued cats and a dog, a black lab she names Sirius after Sirius Black from Harry Potter.
What relaxes Skyler?
Usually doing something artistic and somewhat distracting gets Skyler calm. Also talking about the situation that is stressing her out with Lordi also keeps her calm, as he tends to think things out more logically than she does. She’s artistic and he’s logical, which is part of what makes them so compatible as partners.
Does Skyler have any bad habits?
Skyler tends to think too much, but doesn’t say much either. She’s something of a perfectionist also, which doesn’t sit well with some members of her team. When she’s younger, Skyler tends to chew on the ends of her hair when she’s nervous. She gets sick when speaking in front of crowds.
What are some things Skyler doesn’t like?
At first she doesn’t like the idea of being a leader to a group of older teens, as it intimidates her. She doesn’t like the fact that she’s a perfectionist but it stems from the need to please everyone. She doesn’t like the idea of losing her partner, who becomes her closest friend as the series goes on.
What is Skyler allergic to?
Freshly cut grass is an allergy Skyler has. She likes the smell of it though.

Resources and Abilities
Where did Skyler learn her abilities?
She along with most of the other tamers discovers her special ability when she gets her partner. Skyler draws things and if she wills it they come to life. Her power however does have its limits. If there’s a problem, she can’t draw an immediate solution to it, especially if the problem in question is relatively complex or if it’s hypothetical or even philosophical. So no, she can’t draw the meaning of life and have it be so. Nothing she draws is invincible, as it’s understood that nothing truly is invincible, a fact she comes to understand rather quickly.
If Skyler has an income where does it come from?
Her parents are famous artists, so really her monthly allowance comes from them until she’s old enough to get a job. She hasn’t found one currently in the series as she’s still too busy trying to save the world and go to school at the same time.
Does Skyler have a job? How does she feel about her coworkers?
She doesn’t have a day job currently, but Lordi describes her being a Tamer as a higher calling, so that can be quite a job. She loves her teammates like her family, considering each one as some relative or other, usually a sibling.
Why does Skyler have her resources? How long has she had them and how have they served her over time?
Her power stems from Lordi himself, though he can’t control how, when, and to what degree she uses it. Officially she’s had them for about four years now, since the series started four years ago. She’s made many weapons using her special talent and even in some rare cases can summon devices from the monster world for the Tamers’ use.
Where does Skyler live? Why did she choose it and how did she acquire it? How does she fend off intruders?
Skyler lives up in New York with the rest of the Tamers. During the school year, she stays at her family’s home in downtown Manhattan but over the summer and whenever the Tamers need her Lordi teleports her to the Gore Family Funeral Home in a small suburban area in Brooklyn. The funeral home was run by zombie Kalma’s family, and has been long since abandoned, but refurnished by the monsters for their Tamers’ use. Usually she doesn’t have to fend off intruders as the Funeral home is very closely guarded with magic and by the monsters themselves.
What are some of Skyler’s merits and flaws? How did they develop and how has it helped or hindered her in the past?
She’s about as flawed as they come. Skyler is a perfectionist, as stated before, and has high expectations for her friends and for herself, but especially herself. She’s her own harshest critic and will berate herself harshly for even the smallest mistake. This may have come from the fact that she practically grew up without her parents there to encourage her and having few close friends to boost her self esteem. At the same time she’s also very creative, intuitive, and is quick to take charge of a situation if need be, which is hardly ever because the Tamers usually sort problems amongst themselves. She’s also very good at thinking on her feet.
How is Skyler with technology?
Skyler likes technology but that doesn’t mean she’s good with it. She’s good with art programs on computers and such but not much else. When she has a problem, Izzy is the one she usually goes to with a technical problem.
Has Skyler been publicly acknowledged for anything?
No not really. Though her work has been displayed at her school for all to see and she’s gotten awards and scholarship opportunities for her work.
Is there anything Skyler has deliberately sought to improve at?
Her perfectionism and leadership skills. Her self esteem is also something she has to work on.
Does Skyler speak more than one language?
No. She only speaks English, but the Tamers are capable of a type of telepathy called Thought Speech where they talk to their partners with their thoughts which are blocked from other Tamers and monsters from hearing unless permitted otherwise.

Relationships and History
What is Skyler’s family history like? How does it affect her? How does she feel about her family and how do they feel about her?
Skyler comes from a long line of artists. It’s something her family prides themselves on, but Skyler’s always wanted to be something more than a simple artist. She loves her family, but wishes they were home more often. She knows they love her, but they always seem to put their careers ahead of their daughter, which has led to Skyler’s mostly negative views of herself.
What was Skyler like as a child? What was her favorite toy or game? Did she have any playmates?
Skyler really hasn’t changed much from childhood. Still a child herself when she became a Tamer, she’s quiet and shy for the most part. She loved stuffed animals when she was smaller, but didn’t really have any playmates because people just didn’t interest her.
Describe Skyler’s best and worst memories from childhood.
Best: When she became a Tamer is probably her best memory, though there’s a lot of moments to choose from.
Worst: When she was little her parents once left the home late at night to make it out to an event across the state, leaving poor Skyler home all alone.
Where and when did Skyler grow up? How did she view it as a child and did that view change as she matured? How does she feel about that place now?
Skyler grew up in a large house in downtown Manhattan. Anyone would’ve seen it as luxurious and beautiful but to Skyler it felt more like a prison as she grew older. She still views it as such but still respects that it’s her family’s home.
Does Skyler, or did she have in the past a mentor? What was her relationship with this person and how has it changed since then?
She didn’t really have an official mentor. If she needed guidance as far as the Tamers’ matters were concerned, Skyler looked to Lordi for help, which he was more than happy to give. She takes most of what he says into consideration and starts to think rationally as she gets older.
What sort of education has Skyler had? Does she want more?
Skyler’s been to private schools for most of her life. She’d like to go to public school like most of her fellow Tamers but her parents feel it’s beneath her. Skyler would like to go to college, but doesn’t have really any plans right now, as she has to help the others save their world.
Who is Skyler’s closest friend and why? What makes her like this person?
Lordi is Skyler’s closest friend. He’s her monster partner and knows more about her than possibly even she knows herself. He’s the leader she strives to be and she admires him for that. As far as the other Tamers are concerned, Shena is her closest human friend as she’s had a similar background to her.
Does Skyler have a rival? Who and why?
Skyler doesn’t have a rival in a traditional sense. It’s been pretty much decided that if something should happen to Skyler, Angel, Amen’s Tamer, would take up her place. One person though that Skyler sees at first as something of a threat is Lauren, who right off the bat displays more leadership qualities that Skyler doesn’t have.
Has Skyler ever been betrayed? By who and how did it effect her?
She hasn’t been betrayed by anyone yet but the series may come with something like that in store for her.

Romance
What is Skyler attracted to in a partner?
She likes guys who are good to the people they love, who are loyal and know how to handle situations she can’t by herself. Also, someone who can put up with her perfectionism would be great.
Who is Skyler’s current partner? What attracted her to him? How did she meet him? How long have they been together? What kind of relationship is it? Do they have plans for the future?
Skyler only has Lordi, her monster partner and they’re not romantically involved.
What is Skyler’s idea of a perfect date?
Skyler just likes to go out and have fun. A simple dinner and movie date suits her just fine.
Has Skyler ever hurt someone she loves?
No and if she does it’s never her intention to be hurtful.
Does Skyler fall in love easily?
No she doesn’t.

Future
What are Skyler’s dreams? What does she want to do someday?
Skyler has high hopes of being a famous artist one day. That is ultimately her goal.
Are there places she wants to go? Where and why?
Skyler would like to go on a world tour someday as she’s interested in all kinds of art from all over.
Does Skyler get married and have kids?
She wants to, but it’s not something she wants right now.
Would Skyler consider adopting a child? Why or why not?
Skyler would rather adopt children than have her own. She thinks labor sounds too painful.
Does Skyler have any prominent sensory associations?
No, not that she knows of.
Who does Skyler want to meet?
She actually wants to find more Tamers and see how they take to being responsible for saving the world.
What about Skyler is heroic?
Skyler is an unlikely hero. She’s someone readers can relate to, as she rises from being practically antisocial to a strong leader as the series goes on.
What would Skyler be like in her old age?
Skyler would be wise and knowledgeable. She’d still be hero and leader material in spirit.
Describe one plot you’d like to do.
I’d like to have Lordi come see her after the Veil is sealed when she’s old and possibly dying that way they see each other one last time, just to play with everyone's feels.
Stuck in a waiting room, what magazine does Skyler pick up?
Magazines don’t really interest her. She’d probably have her drawing stuff with her.

Morality
What is one thing from Skyler’s past that she’s proud of? What’s one thing she’s ashamed of?
Skyler is proud to be the leader of the Tamers but is ashamed of the fact that she doesn’t feel she has what it takes to lead them or that she has to rely on others for help.
Describe one fight Skyler’s had in the past.
Skyler and Lordi teamed up to battle the White Witch, who was the one responsible for sending Winged Icari against the Tamers, particularly Jane. Thanks to Skyler’s quick thinking and drawing skills, they not only defeated the Witch but acquired a new weapon as well.
What is one thing Skyler feels strongly about?
That the Veil between worlds must be closed in order to restore balance to both Monster and human world.
What is one trait Skyler admires?
She admires both bravery and wisdom most notably.
What disturbs Skyler?
I think the innermost nature of man itself is a very disturbing thing indeed to Skyler. She’s afraid of her own natural desires, as most people are when they’re relatively young and don’t understand it.
Do the ends justify the means in Skyler’s eyes?
Like with most of my characters it varies on the situation.
What does Skyler feel most responsible for?
Skyler feels responsible for leading the Tamers to victory against Kalmaged the Time Traveler and sealing the tears in the Veil. Basically she feels responsible for humanity’s survival.
Does Skyler believe a person can redeem themselves from mistakes of the past?
Some people she believes can, but after the adventures she’s had with the Tamers and monsters, she doesn’t believe everyone can. Some people are just pure evil in this world.
What scares Skyler?
Skyler is scared of a lot of things. But primarily she fears failing her team.
How does Skyler feel about death? Has she been significantly affected it?
Skyler fears death, but she accepts that it’s a part of life. She hasn’t been directly affected by it, but knows many of the Tamers have.
Does Skyler value faith over reason or vice reason?
Skyler has faith in her friends and puts that above even the faith she has in herself. In that respect, yes she puts faith over reason.
Does Skyler believe in the afterlife?
Well, she doesn’t before meeting the monsters, but afterwards when she learns that there’s other worlds, she starts to believe that maybe there are different forms of the afterlife.
Does Skyler have any habits that reflect her beliefs?
She’s vegetarian if that counts for anything.
Does Skyler respect the beliefs of others?
Yes, in fact she actually likes to learn about other’s beliefs because she’s open minded.
Is Skyler manipulative?
No she doesn’t like to think she is.
Choose a holiday and come up with a potential scenario involving Skyler in that holiday.
Skyler’s a bit of a procrastinator, so I can see her running around last minute around Christmas trying to do holiday shopping and making sure she’s got everything perfect.
How does Skyler like to die?
Skyler would like to die a hero’s death if she could choose her way to die.

So I tried to make this fun for myself and making it look like an interview I figured would be great :) Anyway I'll see you guys tomorrow and give you an update on Shena's character sheet. I'll probably post hers some time next week so yeah :) Hope you guys love Skyler as much as I do ^^
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:05 pm

these sheets are really interesting to read..now we really get to know the tamer :) can't wait to read the rest of those sheets :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 am

Hello my friends :)
I just got done with Shena's tonight but for the sake of time, I'm gonna post it tomorrow night when I get home from work. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm glad the sheets have gotten a mostly positive response. I'm gonna be a little embarrassed to post Shena's for a particular category, let's just say there's some rated M stuff in it and on top of that, there's also spoilers for things in these sheets that happen AFTER Monster Tamers. So you'll kinda get to see into the current futures I have planned for each character for the time being. These are not set in stone, just so everyone knows. My mind is constantly changing and who knows what the heck I'll come up with on whim one of these days. But we got plenty of time for that. I also finished another Monster Tamers chapter just last night, so when I get the sheets all done and posted on here I'll go ahead and put the chapters on :)
-The Hellhound
P.S: So yeah, if spoilers and mature stuff aren't your thing or you're easily offended by that sort of thing, don't read Shena's, Angel's, or Lauren's. Next one up AOD is the one you're probably most anticipating: Angel :)
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:15 pm

will be nice to read Shena's sheet and yeah, of course I'm very curious for Angel's sheet :D
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:51 am

Okay guys as promised here's Shena's sheet. I just started Angel's tonight :) I hope you guys like it. Like said yesterday, if you're easily offended by M rated stuff and don't like spoilers, DO NOT READ THIS! lol anyway, for the rest of you, enjoy. Opinions are welcome and yes, if I'm doing something against the rules of the site (I'm always paranoid about that!) please let me know.

Shena Character Sheet
Full Name: Shena Lee Torrent
Nickname: None
Date of birth: July 11, 1998
Ethnicity: Spanish-American
Occupation: Monster Tamer, OX’s tamer and later lover, as well as a psychic.
Hair color/Style: Shena’s hair starts out chocolate brown in the series and slowly turns darker over time. By the end of the series, it should be black. Most of the time she wears it down and typically has it in curls
Eye Color: Brown
Accent: Hint of a Spanish accent.
Height: Unknown for now
Weight: Unknown for now
Tattoos: She has a cross tattooed into her hand later in the series, but, oddly enough, it starts to fade after her encounter with Mana.
Birthmarks: None
Disfigurements: None

Personality overview
Fears: As a child, Shena used to be afraid of her visions, and because of her family’s knowledge of them, she was afraid of them as well. She was picked on and called a witch as a child, so people at times make her nervous. Her visions of OX, particularly the romantic ones, also frightened her at first, but later grew to accept her destiny. She, like most of the Tamers, fears failing her team and not being able to help people in need.
Childhood: Shena Lee Torrent is the daughter of prominent bankers from Rochester. She grew up in luxury, similar to Skyler, and actually rather enjoyed it. When she was eight years old, Shena had her first vision of OX, back when he was in the Kalmageddon Brotherhood. She told no one of the vision and personally thought it was all a dream, or her imagination. A few months later, she had another of when he broke free of Kalmaged’s control and when Kalma joined the Monster Squad. It was that vision that made Shena realize her powers were no joke, no illusion, and certainly no dream. She kept herself isolated, fearing what would happen should word of her power get out. Over time she developed other abilities as well, including telekinesis and telepathy. Her powers only seemed to get stronger with her intellect and it astounds her she was able to control them even back then. But she can’t control when she has visions. One night, at a charity event for a local animal shelter, Shena went outside to get away from the crowds of people and spotted a great gray owl with a velvet bag tied to its claws. After almost an hour of coaxing, the bird finally came to her (She didn’t like to use her powers on living things) and dropped the bag at her feet. Inside, there were ten precious stones. When she touched each one, she received a vision of a different monster and understood that the stones were somehow connected to them. She vowed to keep them safe until they came to their world.
Adolescence: It wasn’t until she hit her early teenaged years that Shena really started to use her powers and the stones for what they were originally meant to do: Keep track of the monsters. She continuously had visions about them, as well as other people she’d never met, but knew someday she would. These people just so happened to be the original Monster Tamers. So yes, she did know that there were tears in the Veil between Worlds, and knew she’d be a part of their sealing. At the age of thirteen she started using her powers to track the monsters and the Tamers, but the visions primarily of OX never truly did stop coming, which led Shena to believe that he was her partner. That much was certain in her mind, but she also started having visions about him as her lover as well, which she found repulsive on the outside but deep down inside Shena knew all along he was only one for her, even if he was an undead minotaur. When she was sixteen, the stones and her visions finally told her that they were at last here and the adventures with the Tamers started.
Adulthood: When the Veil between Worlds is sealed, Shena makes the choice to go with OX to the monster world to be with him, as she knew he would never be accepted into the human world. Not to mention Shena felt she never truly fit in anyway. She’s welcomed by the Monster Squad with open arms. She leaves the human world behind but at great cost: She never sees her human family again.

Fashion sense
How does Shena usually dress?
Of all the Tamers that have come and gone, Shena probably has one of the best senses of fashion, but isn’t above or below taking people’s advice. She loves to buy clothes for people and herself, but her favorite article of clothing is her dark red cloak that she wears when either meditating or searching for one of the monsters using the stones. She’s all about glitz and glam, but isn’t always flashy about it.
What does Shena usually wear to bed?
Shena usually wears her cloak to bed as it feels more comforting to her than any blanket, but typically she’ll wear a camisole with a pair of nice lounge pants.
Does Shena wear jewelry?
Yes, and lots of it. Most of them are charms to ward off evil spirits, but she loves them anyway. Her most prominent piece of jewelry is a silver chain with the ten stones attached to it, which she keeps on her person or locked up at all times when the Tamer’s separate during the school year. This helps her to keep track of the monsters, and every so often, when a new monster comes, a new stone will appear that she’ll add to the chain.
Is there anything about Shena’s appearance she’d like to change?
No. Shena is one of the view Tamers (And characters I’ve made up) who’s perfectly content with how she looks.
How would Shena look as a guy?
Can’t be seen as a guy. She’s just too awesome to be a guy.
What does Shena smell like?
Shena usually smells like the many scented oils, perfumes, and candles she keeps around her room. Most of them are ritualistic, while others are therapeutic and help to control her visions. So Shena’s scent varies from one time to another.
Does Shena have an accurate mental picture of her appearance?
She does, but likes to think she’s greater than what she appears.
Choose a different time period and describe what Shena would be like in that time period.
Shena could’ve easily fit in with the dark ages in the Monster World. Though she probably would’ve used her powers for evil instead of good, another thing she actually fears in this series.
Favorites, habits, likes, and dislikes.
Shena enjoys helping others, magically or otherwise. She often volunteers at local shelters around New York, just for the fun of it. She likes to make people happy and strongly dislikes seeing people get hurt by her or other people.
What are some of Shena’s hobbies? What does she like to do with her time?
Her spare time is mostly spent at local shelters. Other times she goes out shopping with friends or every so often with just OX in a human glamour. Also, she likes to make clothes too.
What is Shena’s favorite color?
Shena really loves any shade of red or brown, which might explain why OX’s tracking stone is a tiger eye.

Favorites
Favorite books and music artists:
Shena loves to read historical fiction. The royal diaries series was a favorite of hers growing up, alongside the Dear America series. But her favorite book of all time is Besty and the Emperor by Staton Rabin.
Movies and TV shows:
Shena not surprisingly loves dramatic romance movies. She considers herself a romantic and likes to imagine herself as one of the main characters. Her favorite movie is Titanic. As far as TV shows are concerned, she also likes Supernatural, but will often times stick around to watch Arrow.
Authors:
Staton Rabin is her top favorite.
Favorite actress or actor:
She loves Stephen Amell, which often times gets OX jealous, also Sam Witwer.
Political stance:
Hates politics, sees politicians as nothing more than intricate liars.
What are some of Shena’s pet peeves?
Shena is fiercely independent, so she hates relying on others for help, though she knows it’s necessary for working on a team. She doesn’t like when said independence is questioned or when compromised, which is why she’s hesitant to go into a relationship with OX at first. She can’t stand when love stories end badly but if done the right way it’s okay. She can’t stand OX’s somewhat dominant attitude but loves him anyway.
What sort of gifts does Shena like?
Shena loves candles, incense, anything that can burn that will give off a pleasant smell. She also loves figurines of various different creatures, just anything that will add a hint of sophistication or mysticism to her environment.
What is Shena’s favorite time of day?
Shena loves the night time, or just any time she can get for herself so she can meditate or spend time with OX.
What is Shena’s favorite season or weather condition?
Shena loves the snow best, so winter is her favorite season.
What is Shena’s favorite food and drink?
Shena isn’t a picky eater. She loves just about anything as long as it’s edible. As for drinks, she never has soda or anything she deems unhealthy. Shena primarily drinks various different teas for both health and mystic purposes.
What is Shena’s favorite animal?
Shena loves ravens, but cardinals take the place as her favorite.
Does Shena have any pets? Does she want one?
Her parents own a Pomeranian, which she herself can’t stand. She’d rather have a parrot, preferably an African Gray. But she admits to OX she’d like a tame cardinal.
What relaxes Shena?
Meditation and OX’s massages. Yep…he massages her, what of it?
Does Shena have any bad habits?
She tends to keep things that are important to herself. This may spring from the fact that she only sees herself as an individual and not as a member of a team. Most of her other habits she keeps under wraps.
What are some things Shena doesn’t like?
She doesn’t really like her powers at first. She doesn’t like when people make fun of her for them either. She hates those who betray her trust. Shena hates politicians and those with dominating personalities. She hates being late for anything.
What is Shena allergic to?
Pollen, though she really does love flowers.

Resources and abilities
Where did Shena learn her abilities?
Shena, like all the other tamers, gets her abilities from her connection with her partner, but she and Izzy are the only Tamers that have their abilities show before they meet their partners, so it’s been somewhat called into question about their abilities. Her powers enhance as she ages, but they oddly enough become easier to control.
If Shena has an income where does it come from?
Like Skyler, Shena comes from a wealthy family, so money isn’t a problem for her. Though despite this, she’s rather conservative with her money and tries not to spend excessively.
Does Shena have a job? How does she feel about her coworkers?
Shena doesn’t have a real job, but she does volunteer work at local shelters around New York when she’s not busy saving the human world. She gets along with just about everyone, though she seems somewhat off putting at first.
Why does Shena have her resources? How long has she had them and how have they served her in the past?
Like all the Tamers, Shena’s power stems from her connection with her partner, but her ability has been called into question by other Tamers because she could see the future and glimpse into the Monster World before she ever even knew OX. She’s been able to do this since she was eight years old. They helped her to prepare for things to come, but not for things that effected her in the present or past. Her powers often caused her to feel withdrawn and depressed.
Where does Shena live? Why did she choose it and how did she acquire it? How does she fend off intruders?
Shena originally hails from Rochester, New York. She lives with her parents with OX as her bodyguard while she goes to school. But when the Tamers need her, she moves down to Brooklyn to live in the Gore Family Funeral Home, which belonged to Kalma’s family when he was alive, and now where the Tamers live if either homeless or just need a place to crash. Intruders aren’t usually a problem as the large house is protected by magic.
What are some of Shena’s merits and flaws? How have they helped or hindered her in the past?
Shena is typically a private person. She’s always afraid of being hurt, which makes her paranoid about nearly everyone. While she loves OX, she still feels the need to keep things from him, which has landed her in deep trouble in the past. As the series goes on though she becomes a little more social and starts to accept people’s help more often.
How is Shena with technology?
She doesn’t really care too much for technology, surprisingly. If she has to use it or she’s bored, she will. But most of the time, she likes to keep things old fashioned.
Has Shena ever been publicly acknowledged for anything?
Not on anything she’d consider positive. When word got out at her old school that she was able to see the future, Shena was terribly bullied for it.
Is there anything Shena has deliberately sought to improve at?
As mentioned before, Shena is very antisocial at the start of the series but opens up as it goes along. Also, she’s more willing to rely on others for help if she can’t do something.
Does Shena speak more than on language?
Yes. She knows Spanish, English, and Latin.

Relationships and History
What is Shena’s family history like? How does it affect her? How does she feel about her family and how do they feel about her?
Shena has always felt like the black sheep of her family, and in a very big way, she is. Her family knows about her powers but love her no less. Things get even crazier when they meet OX before the events of Rise of Jane, but surprisingly welcome him into their family as well as Shena’s body guard. So her family, despite being rich and influential, aren’t stingy and are pretty laid back. I can probably best describe her parents as being like Tony Stark and his girlfriend in the Iron Man movies. She loves them and they love her, but like all families, they have their secrets…secrets that may tie Shena to the Monster World…
What was Shena like as a child? What was her favorite toy or game? Did she have any playmates?
Like Skyler, Shena grew up in luxury, so her childhood, at first, was very happy. But when her powers came to full swing at eight years old, things took a turn for the worst. She was constantly bullied for being too different, being called a freak and Satanist later in life. Shena was very withdrawn and depressed from the lack of companionship, but was happy at the idea of finally getting a special friend (OX) that no one else would ever have. She didn’t have any playmates, as she didn’t trust people too much either.
Describe Shena’s best and worst memories from childhood.
Best: It’s a tie between her first vision of OX and the many vacations Shena took with her parents to Greece.
Worst: Basically nearly every day she went to school she’d suffer abuse from the other kids when word got out about her powers.
Where and when did Shena grow up? How did she view it as a child and did that view change as she matured? How does she feel about that place now?
Shena grew up in a mansion in Rochester. She actually enjoyed her family home, unlike Skyler, and was given all she could ever want while her parents kept her humble. She still loves it, but knows soon she’ll have to abandon it to find a place of her own.
Does Shena, or has she in the past, have a mentor? What was her relationship with this person and how has it changed since then?
Shena’s never really had a mentor. All her powers she had hone and control by herself. In a way the Tamers are her mentors, as they all see each other as teachers as well as friends.
What sort of education has Shena had? Does she want more?
Shena went to private school for half her life, and then went to public school after meeting the Tamers. She’d love to go to college but doesn’t think she’d be able to manage it. She goes at OX’s insistence.
Who is Shena’s closest friend and why? What makes her like this person?
Shena’s closest friend is definitely OX. She’s watched his journey from the Kalmageddon Brotherhood and saw their future together, and she really admires how far he’s gotten. It makes her feel empowered as well. Skyler is her best human friend, despite being younger than her.
Does Shena have a rival? Who and why?
She doesn’t have a rival. OX is all hers and she knows it.
Has Shena ever been betrayed? By who and how did it effect her?
Shena has been betrayed many times by people who only pretended to be her friend and it’s effected her into becoming extremely independent and antisocial.

(A/N:) This is where it gets WAY personal! Skip over this if you are offended by M Rated stuff!!! Also contains spoilers for what happens after Monster Tamers is over. Deal with it 8)

Sex and Romance
What is Shena’s sexual orientation? Does she ever question it?
Shena is straight, and no she never questions it.
When did Shena lose her virginity? Who to, where, and what was it like?
Shena loses her virginity to OX when they venture back to the Monster World at the end of the series. It was their wedding night and both were very timid, as he was afraid of hurting her and she was afraid of disappointing him. In the end, they grew closer because of it.
What is Shena’s favorite sexual fantasy?
Shena doesn’t really fantasize, as she’s open to whatever he wants to try unless she knows it’ll physically hurt her.
Does Shena have any fetishes or kinks?
Shena really likes to make love outside in her new home’s gardens. The couple have their own special spot just for that where they aren’t disturbed. Needless to say it’s a very used spot…and she digs minotaurs so yeah…there you go.
What is the strangest thing Shena’s done in bed?
Well, if you really wanna get down to it, OX is an undead minotaur. From that alone one can probably think of a couple weird things…
What is Shena attracted to in a partner?
Underneath it all, Shena really likes the danger factor. She knows OX is much bigger than she is and can potentially hurt her, but knows he never would. It’s this gentleness that draws her to him, though letting out his ferocious side every so often doesn’t hurt.
Who is Shena’s current partner? What attracted her to him? How did she meet him? How long have they been together? What kind of relationship is it and do they have plans for the future?
Shena loves OX. She’s loved him since childhood, and again, it was his danger factor that drew her in, but knowing he’d never hurt her was a huge plus. She met him through destiny itself she believes, as they had always been meant for each other. They get together during the events of the first monster tamers, and the relationship continues throughout the series. She believes they have true love and yes they do inevitably get married.
Has Shena ever hurt someone she loves?
Yes. As said, she tends to keep important details from people. This greatly hurts OX, who then feels like she doesn’t trust him.
Does Shena fall in love easily?
Absolutely. She's felt a strange connection to OX since she had her first vision of him. In a sense, she was already in love when they met, but kept it under wraps.

Future
What are Shena’s dreams? What does she want to do someday?
Shena has hopes of bringing order back to the Monster World when she agrees to leave with OX at the end of the series. She wants to become a powerful Seeker, those who can see the future with telepathic tendencies.
Are there places she wants to go? Where and why?
Shena wants to go to the Monster World and just be a part of it. She thinks she can help restore balance to it.
Does Shena get married and have kids?
Sure does. Well, at least the married part. Kids may be out of the question, but who knows?
Would Shena consider adopting a child? Why or why not?
She’d love to have kids, whether they’re her own or adopted is irrelevant. This also suits perfectly with OX, who surprisingly loves children at least in this series.
Who does Shena want to meet?
Well, by the end of the series, Shena’s pretty much met all she wants to.
What about Shena is heroic?
Shena is brave, smart, and has a heart for others, often times caring more for them than she does herself.
What would Shena be like in her old age?
I can imagine her being a lot wiser in her old age and still very much in love OX.
Describe one plot you’d like to do.
I’d like to maybe do a spinoff series based on Shena after Monster Tamers is over. Maybe have her come back to the human world even after the Veil has been sealed.
Stuck in a waiting room. What magazine does Shena pick up?
Any fashion magazine or anything relating to the supernatural.

Morality
What is one thing from Shena’s past that she’s proud of? What’s one thing she’s ashamed of?
Shena is proud of being able to help others even if they don’t feel they want it. She’s ashamed for the longest time of her own powers until OX teaches her to accept them.
Describe one fight Shena’s had in the past.
It was practically an argument when OX confessed how he felt about her. Shena made it into a fight because she was afraid that inevitably he wouldn’t want her anymore and that she didn’t want to lose her independence. OX reassured her he’d never leave and that he wasn’t out to control her at all.
What is one thing Shena feels strongly about?
The needs of the many surpass the needs of the few. She always seems to look at the bigger picture and puts others ahead of herself all the time.
What is one trait Shena admires?
Independence of course, is one of many. Like Lauren, she also values vulnerability as well.
What disturbs Shena?
The idea of losing her personal freedom is one thing that disturbs Shena greatly. The idea of losing OX is also very disturbing.
Do the ends justify the means in Shena’s eyes?
Shena doesn’t believe in killing living things to a degree. She’d rather see someone changed than someone killed.
What does Shena feel most responsible for?
Shena feels most responsible for looking out for the younger members of the Tamers. She also feels responsible for ensuring their victory over their enemies, who would want to see them and their world destroyed.
Does Shena believe someone can redeem themselves from mistakes of the past?
Yes! Shena doesn’t just believe, she knows, as this was proven in Monster Tamers 3: Heart of Darkness when Shena proves that Phobos the Chaotic can change his ways.
What scares Shena?
That somewhat falls into the same category of what disturbs her.
How does Shena feel about death? Has she been significantly affected by it?
Shena does innately fear death, as most beings do, but she doesn’t think it as unwelcome either.
Does Shena value faith over reason or vice versa?
She values both pretty equally.
Does Shena believe in an afterlife?
Yes, she believes that everyone gets their own individual afterlife where they make it what they want.
Does Shena have any habits that reflect her beliefs?
She’s open minded so she tries all kinds of stuff to respect most religions and beliefs.
Does Shena respect the beliefs of others?
Most definitely.
Is Shena manipulative?
No, she doesn’t have a manipulative bone in her body.
Choose a holiday and come up with a potential scenario involving Shena in that holiday.
Shena loves taking the younger tamers out trick or treating for Halloween and playing hostess to the Halloween parties at the funeral home, which is one time of the year where the safeguards around the home are put down and the tamers and their partners can actually have some fun. Shena would probably be the one coordinating it all.
How would Shena like to die?
Shena would like to die with her beloved OX, having fulfilled her life as well as his with all the happiness she could give.

Well that was Shena's character sheet everyone I hope you liked and I'll be posting Angel's some time next week, fun :D I'll keep you guys updated on both the sheets and on Monster Tamers, which I'm still working on. Though my update might be a little late 'cause I'm gonna be doing a nine hour shift tomorrow at work...FUN! :roll:
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:09 pm

Shena didn't really have an easy life it seems. Poor girl..
and yes, I read everything. Nothing shocked me so it's really okay ;)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:11 am

Hello my faithful readers :D
Well, I started Angel's character sheet last night and I must say I keep figuring out more and more hidden depths with my characters. Let's just say I'm still doing her character overview. Typically I'd have that done in a night...so yeah, lots of detail. Might not even finish that part of it tonight 'cause I'm so flippin tired. Worked a near nine hour shift...ugh! Why, cruel world?! oh well, it's all good. It's definitely worth it for you guys :) Thanks a lot for all the continued support ^^
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:17 pm

you worked a nine hour shift? That's quite a lot..normal you are tired then
looking forward to Angel's sheet ^^
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:00 am

Hey everyone it's amari.
Gotta make this one brief cause I really need some sleep. I didn't get to work on my character sheet today as I had a lot going on. Tomorrow I might go see winter's tale and Im excited about it. Happy Valentine's day to all my readers
-the hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:27 pm

it's okay, take your time for posting things :)
happy Valentine's day for you too :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:58 am

Omg! Best Valentine's day I've had in years! Saw winter's tale and it was amazing! I loved Russell Crowe as pearly soames and Colin Farrell did a wonderful job as Peter lake. And for once it was a movie that stayed kinda close to the book. All in all simply amazing :)
-the hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:15 pm

good to hear you had such a great day, mine was a bit less nice..
what is that Winter's Tale actually? I don't know it..
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:36 am

Awww I'm sorry yours wasn't so good AOD.
Well, the movie is based on a book by the same name by Mark Helprin. It tells the story of a man named Peter Lake, a thief/mechanic, who attempts to a rob a mansion like house when supposedly all the people are gone. During his attempt, he's interrupted by Beverly Penn, who's stayed behind because she's dying of consumption. It's love at first sight for them, but things go from bad to worse when Pearly Soames, Peter's old boss and the man who raised him, shows up just as Beverly is about to join her family on their holiday vacation.
There's a lot more to it, but I don't wanna spoil too much here. I just hope you'll see it because it's a really good, beautiful movie that actually in its own way stays true to the source material, despite cutting a lot of details out. It's straight forward and to the point which is great :)
-The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:56 pm

oh that sounds like a nice movie..if I ever find it here, I think I'll watch it :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:42 am

I'M BACK!!!!
Bet all of you are like, oh god, the hound's back...well, I would like to let you all know that I missed you guys, even if you're mad at me for leaving...yet again. I know I'm a terrible person for that. But I've got a couple one shot ideas based around my Monster Tamers Series that I'd eventually like to post. Like tonight as I was looking back on all the stuff I wrote and some vids I made, I really wanted to get back into this series, though it'll be tough because unfortunately I'm not as a huge a fan as I used to be. I do still love my characters and of course our lovable monsters, but it's hard when I've had my mind on other things.
So reasons I've been away for so long: 1. Fell out with the fandom. 2. Had a lot of relationship issues, causing me to lose a lot of inspiration. 3. Thought I was gonna get published, but turned down the offer to be published for personal reasons. 4. Worked on other fanfiction. 5. Started my own jewelry business late last year and that's been keeping me occupied. And last: 6. Been working on some original stuff that I do eventually plan to get published.
I'll be back on here either later or tomorrow to post a fluffy Kalma/Lauren One Shot cause everyone knows I love them, and it gives a huge spoiler as to what's gonna in the next Monster Tamers story. So don't be surprised if you see two posts from me in one night cause I have a little bit of time. Be back soon. Hope you guys are okay and again, really sorry for being away for so long
-Amari The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Shadow Hound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 am

Okay so here's the One Shot I promised. My skills writing in this fandom are a little rusty, so if things seem wrong or out of character, please forgive me.

He honestly felt lost without her. Ever since she'd disappeared, things weren't going well for him. Kalma had started to feel nauseated again, unusual for him. But that was what it felt like without his Tamer...and the one he loved. Shena had told him that she was safe, that she had someone watching over her, but it didn't feel right. He tried to shake it off, but Kalma couldn't.
He tried countless things to get his mind off his missing Tamer. From fixing up his bike, to strumming a couple notes on the bass, to going on patrol with OX...it always went back to Lauren. From the bottom of his heart, Kalma cursed Phobos, the newest partner in the group, for sending his Tamer back in time, and possibly into an alternate dimension. When he had found out, the zombie had wanted to beat the living hell out of the Chaotic, but didn't want to traumatize his young tamer. She was already going through enough as it was and doing that wouldn't help. Besides, she'd render him human most likely, leaving him powerless against her partner.
The situation was frustrating at worst...

Lauren didn't really know what was going on. In one day, she'd been transported to another place and time, been stuck in a war zone, been captured, accused of being a spy, and now was under the protection of the rebellion's leader. She wasn't sure what to make of all this. She'd confessed to Phobos how she felt about him, been rejected, and now all this happened. Could it get any worse?
She was pulled from her thoughts by approaching footsteps. Lauren turned and almost choked on bile in her throat as a figure clad in all black leather walked into the room where she was put. The man was tall, way taller than her. His movements were light, unrushed, and he held an air of authority about him. His coat was long, leather and torn slightly at the ends. He had long, unkempt blonde hair and then, most notably and alarming to Lauren, deep emerald green eyes.
She knew this man.
But in her world, in her time, he wasn't a man.
"So you're the one they think is a spy" he looked at her curiously, "How old are you?"
Typical, he'd ask for her age before her name. "I just turned sixteen not too long ago..."
"Sixteen...fresh age. And your name?"
"Lauren. Who are you?" but she already knew the answer.
"Nicholas Gore. Friends call me Nick, or at least they would if I had any friends".
Oh, the irony of it all...

Suddenly it was like he could feel her presence. She was close, yet far. It made him hopeful, but knowing his luck, that was about to get crushed. Where and what time was she? She was safe, he knew that...or at least he felt she was safe. Kalma felt a familiar softening in his chest, the same feeling he had when he first met Lauren.
That only meant....oh god! Kalma growled and made his way over to Phobos and Thalia, who were outside enjoying the day for themselves.
"Hey Phobos! I got a bone to pick with you, you bastard!"
"And that is?" Phobos got up, "Thalia, could you excuse us?"
The older Tamer to be nodded and left the two alone.
"You sick son of a bitch! Not only did you send her to another time, you...you sent her to me! To the alternate future in which I am killed?! Are you insane?!"
"Insane, perhaps. But I know what I'm doing. Trust me, it's for both your benefits".
"She could be killed!"
"Ah but she won't be...a certain someone won't let that happen now, would he?"
"What do you mean for both our benefits?".
"You love her, if I'm not mistaken".
"No shit, Sherlock".
"But she doesn't love you".
"Again, no shit...no need to remind me..." the Chaotic's words stung, especially since he was the one Lauren loved.
"Well, her reasons are because you're dead...but I thought of this idea. What if she fell in love with you when you were still alive?"
"That's not even possible. You don't know how I was back then".
"Ah but it's already started".
"If she dies...so do you. I don't care if you're a partner or not...you're lucky I don't kill you here".
"Just trust me...it'll all work out in the end".

She'd been there for only a week and so far, he hadn't given her a reason to distrust him. He was protective of her, made sure she had clothing and food. But he seemed detached somehow. Lauren had always known Kalma was an old soul, but just how old she never entirely knew. He wasn't much for conversation, unless he started it. She found it was easier to get him talking when he started asking questions. She never revealed too much, for fear of giving away who she was to him in another time, in another life. She didn't need to break too many of the rules of the time-space continuum.
As for Nick, he wasn't sure what to feel about the girl. Oddly enough, she seemed so familiar to him, especially her eyes. They were a clear blue, and he had a feeling that somewhere he'd seen them before. She had tried to disguise herself as a boy to try to escape the horrors of the war zone, but he would've known better. Her face was too soft, those big blue eyes too bright and trusting. What unnerved him most was how easy she made him feel, and the unfamiliar feeling in his chest that followed the easiness. Every time he saw those eyes, no matter in what light, it made him feel like there were butterflies fluttering inside him.
They didn't speak often, both seeming too nervous or not caring too much to break the ice. She had the essentials, that should've been enough. But it wasn't...not for him anyway. Something in him wanted more. But what that implied exactly he wasn't sure.
"So what the hell do you do when not running away from war?" he asked on a particularly quiet evening.
The question caught her off guard. But she shook off her surprise and looked over at him. "I love to read. Sometimes I write poetry. I like to make things for people, things that hold some sentimental value".
"Got a favorite book?"
"I got a favorite story...about a girl who loved Death himself".
Nicholas looked up interested. "Oh?"
Lauren nodded. "It was a favorite of a close friend too".
"Why did she love Death? Who could?"
"It's kinda hard to explain. She was the only one who could see him".
"Did he love her?"
"After a time, yes. He did. Because she told him stories...stories that reflected himself".
"Sounds interesting enough...".
"Maybe I could tell you one of her stories, but here's the kicker, she never finished any of them but one...I can start one, but I don't know if it's the one she finished".
"Enlighten me then..."

Okay, so that's one half of the one shot. I'd post more of it, but I have work in the morning and I gotta get some sleep. The story she's gonna tell him is one of the tales from Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt, which is actually my second favorite book of all time and the story is what inspired me to write this. Anyway, tell me if I should continue this or not, or if you wanna rage at me for being away for so long, that's okay too. Have at it. Night guys, be back soon
-Amari The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:08 pm

wow..it's almost been a year now that you posted the last time..quite some time you dissapeared..

anyway..about that shot you wrote, it's nice to read. Poor Kalma doesn't have an easy time without her it seems..
Angel Of Death

PreviousNext

Return to Lordi fanfic