Monsterboard

The Hellhound comes home

Stories and art created by the Lordi fans

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: The Hellhound comes home

Postby Shadow Hound » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:03 am

Mana could very easily kill them all, but only because he was taking power from Shena, a detail I unfortunately left out of this chapter, but might be further explained in another one. Anyway, hope you guys like it :)

Monster Tamers 3: Heart of Darkness
Chapter 18. Nothing Lasts Forever

While the others fought for their lives in Norway, Ox watched as his beloved tamer fought for her own. She looked almost dead and for the first time in a long time, the hellbull felt helpless. He took her small hand into his own and held it delicately.
"I won't leave you. Not now or ever" he silently promised, "But I need you to keep fighting. I need you to pull through..."
A knock on the door frame, caught his attention. Ox looked over to see Bella, still looking depressed, but asking with her eyes if she could come in. When he gave her a nod, Bella slowly walked in.
"She's still out. Ox I'm so sorry".
"It's not your fault. If they bring that damn insect man back, he better undo this. I'll crush his damn skull in and I don't care if he's Theia's partner or not" Ox noticed her saddened look, "How are you holding up?"
"I could be better" Bella answered with a sigh, "I mean, I can't believe he just left. He didn't even say goodbye".
"No, but he sang it".
"what?"
"You didn't listen to his song, did you?"
Bella shook her head. "I'm assuming that's what he left in the nightstand. I've been too pissed to look into it".
"Might wanna give it a listen. He worked hard on it. Bella, he'll be back. Maybe he didn't actually say it because he knows goodbye is a permanent thing. I know Kita and I know one thing: He would never abandon you".
"I wish I could believe it now".
"Give his song a listen, maybe then it'll help you to believe it".
Bella shrugged. "I figured maybe you'd want some company. I was tired of being alone".
"I can imagine so".
"Yeah and I wanted to see if Shena was okay too. Do you think he'll let her go?"
"Ha...like I'm gonna give him a choice".

"Let him go" Theia quietly demanded.
"He's a risk to everyone. He's a mad dog and needs to be put down" Kalma argued.
"He's not a dog! He's my ancestor!"
Mana kept his eyes on Theia. She looked so much like his beloved wife, it almost shocked him. But the illusion was shattered when she mentioned he was her ancestor.
"Liar!" Mana shifted into a warm of flies and reformed in front of her, "I watched them burn her!"
Theia held out her ring. "Do you recognize this?"
The others watched, the Tamers hopeful and the partners cautious. Mana stared at the ring in disbelief, recognizing the peridot and obsidian stone.
"Where did you get this?" he asked.
"My father. It's been passed down in the Hatcher family for centuries. So you do recognize it?"
For a moment Theia swore she saw his eyes soften and go misty. He took the ring from her hand and caressed it fondly.
"It was supposed to be our secret...my Theia's and mine. It was my fault it got out. If I hadn't even met her, or if I hadn't spared her-"
"It wasn't your fault" Theia tried to assure him, "She wouldn't want you to blame yourself for all this".
"But it was my fault. If I had been the one to end her, I would've been more merciful than those beasts".
"But you were merciful. You didn't harm her. You chose mercy...you chose love".
"That doesn't make things right".
"No but there's still time. You need to let go of Shena".
"Oh, the little witch who tried to find me the first time? I can't. I'll lose most of my power".
"She'll die! Come back with us, we can help you".
Mana shook his head after a moment of consideration. "Go back...I've released the little witch. She sleeps a healing sleep now. She'll wake in about a fortnight".
"You're my partner!"
"No. You deserve better. Thank you for returning my ring and your kind words. But find a new partner".
"I can't...I don't want to. And there's nothing you can say or do to convince me to".
"A stubborn one I see. Stay with them. I will not go back with them, but fear not. I'll be there when you need me. Right now, I have too much to answer for".
"You can't just leave! You're one of us! Let us help you!" Skyler objected.
"I shall not waste my time saving a world that inevitably destroy itself, nor save a kind that isn't worth saving. Your wickedness will be your end, and then I shall sit back and enjoy that ruin".
"So then I guess I mean nothing to you" Theia backed away from him, "I can't believe it. You'd leave innocent people to die".
"Nobody's innocent. Remember that, young one".
Before any other objections could be made, Mana slipped silently away somewhere to disappear for the time being. Theia watched teary eyed as he left, feeling more betrayed than anything else.
"Okay...well....at least we saved Shena right?" Lauren asked.

I honestly thought writing Mana was gonna be hard. But nope, my series now has a new anti-hero ish kinda character :) Don't worry he'll come around...eventually! lol anyway comments are much appreciated :D
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm

oh..such a pity that he won't join them back :( but it's good that he let go of Shena!!
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:55 pm

Oh hes coming to America but he won't be living with them until the next story :) Thats when he'll be really needed. I have a villain idea for the next monster tamers and a surprise crazy twist for it that I'm sure will have you guys going omg :shock: dont worry its gonna be good :)
-Amari the hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:02 pm

you are making me curious, once again :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:33 pm

Stay curious my friend lol
Shadow Hound

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:08 am

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that I completed monster tamers 3 on paper tonight and I'll be able to post it tomorrow. I think you might hate how it ends but it'll leave you wanting more :) see you guys then ^^
-Amari the hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:26 am

Okay so I stand corrected I may have a little time to post before I have to be in bed. So here it is guys, the epic conclusion to Monster Tamers 3. Heart of Darkness

Chapter 19. Daylight's End

Jane was keeping all of her senses at work. That feather hadn't come from nowhere. She could feel the icari, and they weren't too happy she was there.
"Otus...guys, c'mon. They know we're here. Let's get this guy and go".
We're on our way Jane. Just hold on.
"Well hurry. I don't know if I'll be able to hold them off alone like this".
Stay still. We're close.
As Otus and the others came closer, Jane saw the silver soulless eyes of a winged Icarus. With her good arm, she reached over to her belt and pulled out a second dagger.
"Bring it on".
The icarus snarled and lunged out from the shadows of the trees with lightning quickness. Jane yelled and lifted the blade to the vampyre's throat. As it passed to reach her, the silver cut clean through, making the icarus pull back, clutching its profusely bleeding throat. As it lay dying, Jane stabbed through its chest, effectively killing it.
Are you alright? Otus asked from a distance, We're close.
"Just hurry. My arm's going numb, like badly".
When they arrived, Jane's arm had lost most of it's color. Theia looked on worried.
"We need to get her home and fast. She could lose circulation in that arm".
"Wait, didn't you say you were a healer before? What if because now you have a partner now your powers will work?" Otus proposed.
"Hmm...that might work" Theia agreed and laid a hand on Jane's broken arm.
The healer focused her power, fixing whatever she could find. Her hand glowed a light green and felt warm against the bare skin of Jane's broken arm. Theia fixed what she could and pulled back, tired now from the effort...

Meanwhile, as the other Tamers slept, Phobos left Clarissa's room and went out to the graves n the backyard. With the spell in his mind and tracking stone in his hand, he approached the grave of Nicholas Gore.
"For the sake of all...one must fall. Though darkness comes and the dead rest, the dawn will always rise" Phobos held his palm open and the rose quartz glowed.
He opened his eyes and from an onlooker's perspective, they were maroon once more as his magic worked through him.
"No mercy for the guilty. And for the sake of all...one".
He took out then a small vial that contained two slender items, hairs. One was silvery white and the other a darker color that looked almost black. He twisted the hairs together, placed them on the grave and recited the last line of the spell.
"Without her, may the dawn never rise again. And without him...may the dead never rest again".

Lauren started to feel strange. Her mind was reeling and her vision kept blurring. Her steps faltered and she fell backwards suddenly.
"Guys!" her vision blackened completely as she fell into the snow.
She couldn't see them, but she could hear her friends calling her name. They sounded so faint, so distant until she felt nor heard anything more...

Kalma fell on his hands and knees, desperately searching for his faded tamer. But she was gone. Gone once more, she had faded like an illusion before him. But he didn't feel like himself suddenly either. Something was wrong.
Terribly, horribly wrong...
"Kalma!" Amen yelled in concern.
But the zombie didn't answer, as he didn't hear. All he could hear was the beating of his undead heart, thundering in his ears. His vision blurred temporarily as well, as his eyes sunk into their sockets and turned from emerald green to sapphire blue. His pupils slit like a snake's.
Amen and Lordi looked on with shock and horror as Kalma's flesh seemed to sink in further, making a gray skeletal shape. His top hat turned to some kind of helmet made from obsidian, leaving only his skeletal face visible.
"What's happening?!" Skyler cried.
His leather jacket turned into a tattered cloak, the spikes becoming a part of him. Wings made of bone with rotted flesh membranes sprouted painfully from his shoulder blades. The figure that once was Kalma stumbled to stand almost as if pain itself. The snow around him turned black and formed into a black scythe. Chains bound his chest and part of his back.
"Amen, get the girls out of here, I'll hold him off long enough to get them through a portal" Lordi commanded.
"I'm not leaving you here with-"
But Lordi looked at him with utmost determination. The mummy knew he had no choice but to obey. He turned to Otus and the others.
"We need to go now!"
"But what about-" Skyler started.
"C'mon!" Amen picked her up and the tamers and Otus followed him.
Lordi faced the creature and growled, his battle axe coming straight to his hand like a magnet. "After a thousand years of banishment, you finally decide to show your face again. Well then...to the end I suppose it is".
The creature made no reply and struck out with his scythe...

Shena Torrent sat up in her bed as if waking from a nightmare. And judging by what she saw, she hoped that it was. But something deep down told her it was very much reality. She looked out her window, her eyes wide with fear.
"Darkness..." she said, "Eternal darkness!"
THE END

And that was the exciting conclusion to Monster Tamers 3. Heart of Darkness. Have the others made it out alive? What exactly has happened to Lauren? What the hell happened to Kalma? Well, you're gonna have to wait for Monster Tamers 4 to come out to find out :P
I'm evil :twisted:
-Amari The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Scarletvixen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:54 am

OH MY FUCKING HELL THAT ENDING WHY DID YOU END IT LIKE THATTTTTT yes all caps
Scarletvixen

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:08 pm

damn, why did you have to end like that? :D you know how to make some suspence :D
oh btw..starting from tomorrow I won't be online for a little while..I'll be back next Monday evening :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Awww dang AOD where you going? I'll miss you lol. The prologue for monster tamers 4 should be about done and posted by then
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:01 am

can be I'll quickly come online before but I'm not sure..
well, Germany :) look at the tourdates of the band and you know what I'll do there ;)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:20 am

Well lucky you. I'm stuck here in the States. I wish they'd come to Nashville but I doubt it :(
Shadow Hound

Postby Shadow Hound » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Okay so ive decided to give you guys a teaser as to whats going on in monster tamers 4- Daylight's End. Here's a summary of it if it were a novel. Enjoy ^^

The moon shall rise...
The night shall last forever...
The dead will never find peace...
And the tamers will face their greatest threat yet!

After the events of monster tamers 3, the tamers are left crippled. Lordi is gone, Lauren's caught in another time and Kalma has become the ultimate evil: Kalmageddon! Nobody can stop death or time, but our heroes are determined to carry on no matter the cost.
In the northern parts of Alaska, a new ally shows herself. A mysterious white wolf and her tamer who may be able to help them. And a legendary creature of unmatchable might is making his way toward new york, but only time will tell if he truly is a friend or foe.
And Lauren is trapped in a world of revolution and intrigue. Pulled into a rebellion with a living Kalma at the lead, the young necromancer must come to terms with her true destiny.
Can kalmageddon be stopped? Who will survive the eternal night? Find out monster tamers 4: Daylights End!
Shadow Hound

Postby Shadow Hound » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:55 am

Okay gotta try this a second time, cause the first time I tried posting this, it actually deleted itself somehow. Not sure if I pressed a button or something but anyway, I hope you guys like it :)

Shadow Hound Presents...

Monster Tamers 4: Daylight's End

Prologue-Late Goodbye

The white wolf watched from a snowy ridge, scanning her surroundings with ruby red eyes. She sat on her haunches, proud and tall like the queen she was. Around her neck was a woven leather cord necklace with a dream catcher for a charm. At its center was a pearl, her Power Stone. More wolves emerged from the surrounding wood, all of which were smaller than her.
From the wolves' body language, they felt as she did. They knew something was wrong. They were afraid. But she wasn't. She couldn't be. The wolves, along with all the monster world, looked to her to lead them.
She was a wolf demon by birth, despite her father being human. If anything, her human blood served her well. Unlike others of her kind, she could take on a human shape without having to use a glamour. But in all honesty she preferred her wolf form above all others.
Where is he? She asked.
He's already gone through the portal, my lady. We believe he's now in the mortal world. The wolf closest to her explained.
Then that is where I must go. She told him.
But my lady, your master charged you with leading us.
The white wolf sighed. I know, but if I don't go, things will go terribly wrong. Someone in that world needs me and for all I know it could be my master.
And what of us?
The wolf smile reassuringly. You are wolves, you're survivors. If worse comes to worst, go to the Time Empire. It's protected. You'll be safe there.
Without another world, the white wolf stood and ran across the snowy field down to the large circle of boulders below. She turned to her human shape, removed the pearl from the dream catcher, and bit her arm. The blood trickled down to the pearl as she set it on the center boulder. A pillar of light shot into the sky and the leader was gone...

Jack knew the norther parts of the world had nights that lasted seemingly forever, but this was insane. The moon always burned bright, and he'd already encountered his fair share of the living dead. This wasn't an ordinary night. Someone was breaking the rules and to say it was unsettling was the understatement of a lifetime. The night felt cursed. It felt wrong and wicked.
"Dark forces appear to be at play here, but what could it be?" he wondered aloud.
He wouldn't deny there was a familiar feeling right along with it. He'd felt this surge of dark power before. But it couldn't be, as Jack had imprisoned him years ago.
"Centuries ago...unless something woke him up. Only he'd do something like this".
Jack was what was formally called a Knightmare. He was the last of his kind, which were legendary even in the monster world. Even in his human glamour, he appeared to be less than inviting. He was tall, almost seven feet tall with an athletic build. His long hair was dark as a raven's wing, and he kept it in a ponytail usually. The trench coat he wore appeared to be made of leather but was in fact made from demon skin. Like his wolf demon companion, his eyes were a deep shade of crimson.
Without the glamour it was a different story. He was an incredibly thin creature, similar to the Rake, except he was pure black. He didn't really have skin so to speak, as he was made of some kind of inky substance. In his true shape, Jack had an old stopwatch for a right eye. His jaws were lined with rows of sharp teeth and for some strange reason he had two forked tongues.
With no humans in sight, Jack shed his human shape and sped into the darkness in hopes of investigating this cursed night further...

In New York, things weren't any better. In fact, one would say it was worse. The Tamers were helpless as the world was plunged into eternal night. The graves in the funeral home were unearthed as the bodies of the Gore family arose once more, soulless. The monsters had succeeded in helping to defend the tamers and their home base, but it did nothing to stop the raging storm within it.
"I left you guys for three weeks! THREE WEEKS! And the whole damn world's gone to hell in a handbasket!" Shena Torrent yelled.
"Hey don't look at us! We don't even know how this happened!" Bella objected.
"Then don't you think we need to find out?!" Shena sat down agitated now in one of the chairs in the living room.
"We don't even know what exactly what it is we're up against here" Izzy explained, "But I have a real damn good idea who did this" the young spellcaster looked over at Phobos who stood silently in a corner until everyone turned to look at him.
The red chaotic demigod said nothing as the psychic tamer approached him.
"What in the hell have you done?" Shena demanded.
"Let me say to my defense that I didn't realize it was a curse. I thought it was a simple time travel spell. I didn't know about Kalmageddon".
"But yet you knew Lauren and Kalma were Life Bound. Even I know you can't separate lifebonds like this. And to think, all of this because you decided to meddle in something that had, for the most part, not a damn thing to do with you!" Izzy had to restrain himself.
"They'll be thanking me after this, I assure you".
"Really?! Do we look happy now?!" Skyler screamed, "When are they gonna thank you?! Hm?! When everyone's dead?!" she burst into tears, "This is all your fault! We should've killed you when we had the chance! My partner is DEAD because of your stupidity!"
"Excuse me? Dead? His body wasn't found! You forget that Kalmageddon has the power to send entire kingdoms to different dimensions-"
"So imagine what he can do to a demontroll, even the king of monsters himself!" Ox growled, "I've seen Kalmageddon firsthand do that. Just because a body wasn't found doesn't mean shit. What if he killed Lordi then sent the body to the monster world or the Time Empire?! Either way, you better hope to hell that Kalmaged hasn't found out yet!"
Clarissa, Phobos' young tamer, interrupted in a tear strained, half frightened voice: "Will everyone please just stop fighting? We've already lost Mr. Lordi, we can't lose ourselves and each other too. We have to stay together now more than ever".
"The girl's right" Otus agreed, "The world around us is falling apart and here we are destroying one another, or at least threatening to. We have bigger problems to worry about".
"Otus is right...For once" Jane reluctantly concurred, "We need to figure out how to stop Kalmageddon and fast, before things get even worse".
"There is no way" Ox stayed closed to Shena, "Nobody can stop death".
"But he can be cheated right?" Angel asked, "I mean c'mon Final Destination is living proof of that".
"Eh...well it doesn't work that way exactly" Amen looked thoughtful, "This isn't like Final Destination. Kalmageddon is far more brutal than that. And, unlike death in Final Destination, he doesn't seem to have a sense of humor to speak of".
"Our best bet would be finding when Lauren is" Awa pointed out, "She may be the only one who can stop him".
"Oh I know when she is" Phobos admitted, "And where. England, the year is twenty thirty eight".
"You sent her to the future?!" Jane asked in shock.
"Oh I did. I sent her where she needs to be".
Shena facepalmed. "You're a fool, Phobos".
"Can you track her?" Theia wondered.
"If I had Kalma's tracking stone, I may have been able to. But I'm not sure. My powers have been a little...distorted since I came back".
"Distorted?" Awa wondered.
"Like...like there's interference. Like something's been messing up my future predictions".
"So what can we do. Lordi's..." Skyler couldn't bring herself to say it.
Shena glanced over at Skyler. "We have to keep fighting on. That's what he would've wanted. We need to stop Kalmageddon".
"Or if Lauren can stop him, stall him for time until we get her back" Izzy shrugged.
"What about our families?!" Bella asked concerned now, "Everyone's asleep! The zombies could go after our families!"
"I've set up barriers around each of your homes" Awa told her, "They'll be safe from attacks".
"I'll try to find a way to keep tabs on Lauren. But I need you to keep Kalmageddon busy" Shena took out the few tracking stones she had left, "And you Theia need to find Mana. We need all the help we can get".
"Leave that to us" Ox nodded, "Kalmageddon has to be stopped".

Lauren ran behind the corner of a nearby building, nearly out of breath and drenched from the heavy rain. One would think she would've been used to it by now. But then again, she hadn't had to run from police or much of anything else for almost a year now. She slowly slid to the ground, pulling her knees against her chest.
This wasn't New York. In fact she wasn't even sure where she was. It appeared to be some kind of war torn country by the looks of the destroyed buildings. When it wasn't raining, the air felt heavy with moisture and dirt. And it rained almost all the time. But none of that could compare to the dead voices which were prominent everywhere she went. They pleaded for her help.
"Where am I?" she wondered aloud.
The voices were more than glad to answer. She was in what used to be England. It had fallen under totalitarian rule years ago. Most of the voices she heard were those of rebels and they were telling her she'd be safest with their allies.
Lauren tried to block the voices out. Too many were speaking at once and it was giving the poor girl a killer headache. Unfortunately, hers wasn't a power that could simply be turned off. She screamed trying to drown out the voices in her head.
It proved to be a mistake. The next thing she knew, Lauren was being dragged away by two men, a hand clamped over her mouth. A black bag was put over her head and she knew nothing else...

And that was the prologue to the new Monster Tamers :) Hope you guys like it so far, I'd appreciate any comments ^^ I'll see you next update :)
-Amari The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:38 am

Hey guys I just wanted to tell you about something else I've been working on for the past two days and I actually just got it done. I've been working on a video of sorts that's kinda like a trailer for Monster Tamers revolving around my favorite pair to write about: Kalma and Lauren. I won't be posting it on YouTube or showing you guys until Valentine's Day. It doubles as a gift for my good friend Scarlet Vixen and a little V-Day gift for you guys 'cause I love you all so much :) You keep me inspired and make all my days of writing my series worth while.
Now the only question is....what am I gonna do when it's over?! :shock:
I don't know :lol:
-Amari The Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:20 pm

heh..I'm back for this week :P
I like it that you referred to Final Destination..good found :D
and for the rest, I like it of course ;) can't wait to read more..
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Good to see you back AOD :) missed you ^^ how was your trip? :)
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:46 pm

it was nice :) traveling to Germany is always nice..next week again :P
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:04 pm

I'll bet. Like said im stuck here in the states and I'm not sure if they're coming here. It'd be a dream to see them live but eh it'll be alright. Glad you had a good time :)
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 pm

keep on hoping!! Hopefully they'll go back to the States one day :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:27 am

That'd be awesome. My dad promised me tickets some years ago, and he still hasn't been able to fulfill that promise. I'm making it my life goal to go to one of their shows at least and it'd be a dream to meet them.
I'm not sure when the next update will be. The chapter I'm currently writing is being a little difficult. I'm sure we authors know how writer's block can be at times :roll: But hopefully it'll be done sometime this week and I can be free to post it :)
-Amari the Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:10 pm

don't give up on that ;)
take your time to post a new chapter..no worries about it :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Shadow Hound » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Im a lot ofb things but a quitter certainly isn't one :)
Shadow Hound

Postby Shadow Hound » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:52 am

Hey guys I got a new chapter for you :) Some of you are gonna be surprised at what's going on in this but I hope you'll like it anyway. Sorry Amari isn't gonna have a lot of development til a little later in the story. Scarlet Vixen, I need Scarlet's background story. If you could send that to me via pm or text or skype, I'd appreciate that thank you ^.^ Hope you guys like it :D

Monster Tamers 4: Daylight's End
Chapter 1-Rocket Collecting

Their partnership wasn't easy by any means. Amari didn't like the idea of having a human partner, and new Tamer Scarlet Reynolds felt thrusted into a war she didn't understand. In a matter of days, her whole life changed.
Everyone in her town was either asleep or dead. And it seemed even death didn't keep its hold. Somehow, she had been the only one to wake in the darkness and Scarlet had a feeling it had to do with the wolf that rested not even five feet from her.
To an untrained eye, she appeared to be simply albino, and that was what Scarlet believed originally. That was until Amari started speaking in her head. Scarlet still had a hard time believing it. But then again, who wouldn't?
"What are you?" she asked.
Scarlet herself was a cryptozoologist. She was fond of all things supernatural, but even this was crazy to her. She was blonde with dark tints which looked more natural than not. She had a slight olive tone to her skin, despite the icy conditions. Her eyes, hidden by the hood of her parka, were olive green with a hint of brown around the pupils.
Amari opened a red eye and looked at her human companion. If you must know, I'm a wolf demon.
"And you think your friend did this?"
I don't think Jack would do this. He's an ass, but he'd never plunge the world into eternal night.
"And the zombies?"
I know he finds zombies amusing, but he wouldn't play with the dead like this. Jack has a little bit more respect than that.
"Then what's causing all this?"
I have a feeling I know, but I don't want to believe it's true. Until we know more, there's nothing we can do but assume. The wolf went silent for a moment. Get some rest. You'll need it for the journey ahead.
"And if we're attacked?"
I'll take care of any attackers, but you need to sleep. We're heading south tomorrow.

After defeating another horde of zombies, Jack could now confirm his beliefs. The dead were gathering in packs, hunting in a very lupine like fashion.
"Only Thanatos could give them such intelligence. Damn it, Androlus, I thought I could trust you".
Many centuries ago, Jack had faced off against Thanatos, Death Incarnate. After a victory that shocked all the worlds, the knightmare had used his power to entrap Thanatos in a stone of obsidian. For several centuries, Jack kept the stone on his person at all times, believing he couldn't trust anyone with its power.
Androlus, a mage from Crete, had changed that.
Jack hated spellcasters. In his mind, they were cowards who hid behind their magic. Androlus had practically changed that opinion.
He had been a well mannered and independent man. He had been old and wise when Jack met him, relying little on his magic and only used it for the good of the people. Jack remembered he had been training a young orphaned minotaur, Asterion, in the ways of magic and combat. Androlus explained that the minotaur was going to be his body guard, but also presented the opportunity to pass his skills to another generation. Benevolent, wise and powerful, Jack gave Androlus the stone that contained the Spirit of Thanatos.
But now it was free and Jack was determined to find out how and why. As the knightmare gazed up at the stars, he felt something, a slight tugging at the back of his mind. Jack's good eye went wide. He blinked and saw a vision of a young human girl in a red velvet cloak.
In front of her were stones of many types and colors, all surrounding a white candle in the center of a pentacle. She looked up as if to see him. Jack shed his human shape and the girl flinched lightly.
"Hello there..." he said.
What...what are you? the girl looked at him curiously.
"You've chosen the wrong mind to breach, human".
Wait! I can assure you, I mean you no harm!
"What are you doing here then?" he at least decided to let her explain.
I wasn't actually looking for you, but sometimes the universal forces drive my powers to seek out creatures for a reason.
"How are you even still awake now? The world is plunged in eternal night, so everyone is in eternal sleep".
Come to New York. I'm in Brooklyn. Seek out the Gore Family Funeral home. You'll find me, and the rest of us, there.
"Rest of us?"
She faded and the tugging stopped. Jack now knew his destination, but he could only hope that it would lead him to the answers he sought...

"What did you see?" Ox asked as Shena removed her cloak.
"I don't know. But he wasn't human" the psychic answered.
"He?"
Shena told him of her communication with this strange creature. The minotaur seemed intrigued and looked thoughtful.
"What do you think he was?" Shena snuggled close to him on the bed.
"I'm not too entirely certain, but he seems familiar somehow. Like a memory long since past".
"Do you know what he might be?"
"Theoretically? Well, the way you described him, he appears to, possibly, be a species that was wiped out centuries ago".
"Why?"
"They weren't necessary" Ox explained, "What I'm thinking is, theoretically of course, is that he could be what's called a Knightmare. Spelled with a K at the beginning, they were responsible for upholding and enforcing monsterican law".
"Monsters have laws?" Shena asked.
"We used to. The knightmares made sure monsters didn't kill too many humans, primarily. That's not to say they preferred the humans, but it was what they were created to do".
"Is that where our nightmares come from?"
"Well to be honest, human nightmares were created from incubi and succubi. Our knightmares were created from the fears of the All-Father himself. The tears of fear he shed for his human creations supposedly formed the first Knightmares".
"By the All-Father, do you mean-"
"What humans may call God? Yes. Technically he was our father just as Man's".
"Okay I got it. Not gonna go there with the religious aspects of that".
"Agreed. It'd be best not to".
Shena felt her stomach lurch slightly. She'd been sick recently for some reason, and she assumed it was from the lack of daylight. Or maybe it was an aftereffect of Mana's curse.
But her dreams were painting a much, much different pictured. And slowly, but very surely, she was starting to believe it.
But telling Ox would be a different story. Besides, it was just a dream right?

He was such an adorable little thing/ He had the dark brown locks of his mother, but he was his father's son through and through. His head seemed almost too big for his tiny body, but he didn't give up/ Shena smiled, encouraging him to get up and stand.
"Come to me sweetie. Come to mama, it's okay".
She couldn't laugh, as it would hurt his little feelings but it was hard not to. He was just so adorable and his little green eyes made her heart melt.
Mommy...

Shena shot up, flying to the bathroom. Ox sat up in the bed, startled by Shena's sudden departure. He listened as she threw up violently in the bathroom, worried as hell. He knew something was wrong, but also knew that if he asked, Shena wouldn't tell him...

When the bag was pulled from Lauren's head, she looked around in panic. It was dark and she felt a chill despite wearing her heavy winter coat. She could faintly hear voices but they seemed so far away. To her surprise, she couldn't move, as she appeared to be tied to a chair.
"What the hell?" she struggled, but knew all it would do was give her wrists rope burn.
She looked up as she heard the creak of an old door. She could make out a tall shape in the darkness, but not its features. Lauren let out a quiet, quivering breath as another chair, opposite of her, was pulled up. She could hear someone breathing and feel the warmth of their breath on her face. Lauren smelled a mix of gasoline and metal. She stayed quiet and still.
"State your name" a man's voice commanded.
"Lauren".
"Last name?"
"I...I don't know" she lied, "I don't know my last name. You see I...I never knew my parents. I was found by the state when I was eight-"
"Don't need your life story kid. What are you doing here?"
"I was hoping you could tell me".
"Oh?"
Lauren nodded. "I was lost. I was only trying to find some food and shelter and the next thing I know I'm here".
"So you're not a spy?"
"A spy? For who?"
"The Oppressors of course. Surely, you'd know?"
Lauren shook her head. "I don't even know where I am".
She heard the man stand up. "I'll get the captain. He'll wanna know of you".
"Shit" Lauren thought as he left.
Too many questions raced through her mind. It was a struggle for Lauren not to panic. But right now, all she wanted to do was scream. But she knew if she she did, she would've called the wrong sort of attention.
When the door opened again, another man walked in. This one brought a light with him though and shined it right at her. Lauren squinted, her eyes adjusting to the sudden bright light. But when she did see, she was surprised. She knew this man!
He wore tall black boots that added to his intimidation factor. His long black coat was leather, with many tears toward the bottom. He wore all black, and contrasted the near platinum blonde of his hair. He wore leather black fingerless gloves and, oddly enough, a dusty old top hat on his head.
"You have got to be kidding me" Lauren thought.
The captain was the last person she expected to run into, and the last person she wanted to run into.
It was Kalma, only not rotting. If this was fate's way of playing a joke, Lauren decided it wasn't funny. Lauren looked down, still unable to meet her partner's gaze. She had more questions, but she didn't dare ask. Lauren left the interrogating to him.
"How old are you?"
She was surprised that his voice hadn't changed much. As a zombie, it was slightly raspier, thanks to his decomposing vocal cords. With that in mind, it made sense that he would prefer mental speech.
"Sixteen...I just turned sixteen".
"Hm...about my age when I was forced to join the military. I won't thrust that on you however" he moved behind her and untied her wrists.
Lauren looked confused. "You're letting me go?"
"I don't see the harm in it".
She struggled to stand up. "But why?"
"Because no one should be forced into something they don't want. Be careful out there kid" his emerald eyes flashed in the faint light, "If you're anything like me, keep this in mind: This is a dangerous time".

Hope you guys liked that one :) Ugh this chapter was so long. As you can see, the chapters for this one are gonna be particularly longer cause I'm looking at different character situations. See you next update :) Don't forget to stay awesome ^^
-Amari the Hellhound
Shadow Hound

Postby Angel Of Death » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:54 pm

it was a nice chapter to read and I'm curious how everything will turn out :)
Angel Of Death

PreviousNext

Return to Lordi fanfic