Monsterboard

Now Playing Thread - # 6 - Read the rules before posting!

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Now Playing Thread - # 6 - Read the rules before posting

Postby Mooneyman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:05 am

Lazarus and the Plane Crash - King of the Village Fete

Disrupting the rock and metal orientation of this little thread with something a bit more...eccentric. I reviewed/interviewed this group back in September 2013. Life's never been quite the same since...How do you live life the same way after hearing a band that describes itself as "A Doberman full of jockey’s foreskins, a helicopter eating itself."

The entire song and video skits between different stages of excitement, violence and drunkenness – we start off with a thick, pulsing bit of double bass (my favourite albums all have this instrument involved. Coincidence? I think not) and a screaming bit of triumph from the very talented Joe Coles in King of the Village Fete, who seems to be striding from character trait to character trait, between hedge trimming, knobbly knees contests and being a combination of Desperate Dan, Bruce Lee and a Christmas tree. Repeatedly reminding us he’s ‘Crazy’. It paints the portrait of somebody who’ll work up a following like the Pied Piper of Hamilton, followed by his fellow weirdoes, seducing women as he goes. You’re scared of him, you’re intimidated, but you’re enthralled. It’s pure insanity, painting the portrait of a very broken mind dancing around a maypole with the medallions of a thousand victories around his neck.

To read about Lazarus and the Plane Crash and find links to more of their wonderfully terrifying music... http://catonthewall.net/?p=2467
Mooneyman

Postby Rosalie » Thu May 15, 2014 8:30 pm

The Pretty Reckless - Just Tonight

I've only recently gotten into this band. My friend at school got me to listen to them and I'm basically hooked now :mrgreen:
The first song I heard was Kill Me, which is a pretty fab song - but a little bit explicit.

So back to this song.
I love this song so much. Why? It suits me down to the ground. I love rock songs with a touch of ballad/slowness. If a song's too slow then I can't listen to it, but this is a good slow. Not too slow but...slow. Do I make sense? Probably not.
The lyrics are pretty powerful if you look into them and the music video is amazing. Taylor looks gorgeous in it. I want to be like Taylor Momsen one day. :)
I would definitely recommend listening to this song, it's one of my favourites at the moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VGOnV2QhU&feature=kp
(skip to 12 seconds in to the song. Please listen to it! :D )
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby Dr. Sin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:33 am

Nightwish - Ever Dream

This song reminds me of a certain person, which is the reason why I've been listening to this a lot lately.
Dr. Sin

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:24 pm

Okay, I think I'm gonna give this topic a go, here's my first post

Right now I'm listening to actually......it's a pop song

"Criminal" by Ash Koley

Whenever I listen to it I think about one of the video game characters I have a crush on. He's the villain in the game and the song itself is basically about loving someone who is pretty much well.....evil so yeah.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Mena » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:09 pm

David Guetta - Dangerous

It's just a lighthearted and catchy kind of song. I like listening to the official video version of it, because the video is car racing-themed, so you get both the song and the sound effects of car racing at one go. :)
this blood in my veins runs cold when I think it'll never be the same
Mena

Postby judge death » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Iron mask: Holy war.
Listening to this band now since I´m searching after new metal to listen to and their sound just sticks to me.
Hoping to find other bands like them and in my taste but even heavier/faster guitars and tempo.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Ice Queen by Within Temptation

This song makes me think of mostly the white witch from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the only installment of The Chronicles of Narnia that I remember and have seen. It's a very soft sort of mysterious song and clearly my voice isn't high enough to match Sharon's.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby judge death » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:38 pm

Blutengel-Lucifer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foWq9s8WScA

Perfect to listen to when reloading energy and thinking back on how one tried to be all super nice to everything and good things will come, such naive ideas and there is no god who will help, you create your own destiny so I rather follow the dark side. :twisted:
And yes pinnhead said it the best: Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks?!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Erina » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 am

John Williams - Rey's Theme

I'm writing Star Wars fanfiction, my Skyrissian playlist is on shuffle, and this came up. I really love it, I think it describes Rey perfectly ♥ it's gentle and playful and there's an air of mystery, and it really helps me write.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby judge death » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:53 pm

Wellcome to hell by Mono inc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpzI_iayhxI

Good dark Music which fit a dark judge like myself very well.
A song about that the end will come to all those who Thinks they are immortal and playing tricks on others and manipulate others, in the end we all will face Death! :twisted: So Wellcome to hell, this is the end! Death is easy and an end to the misery of Life.
judge death

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous babbling