Monsterboard

Formula 1 (motorsport 3)

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby judge death » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Well Mercedes have said that the car they tested wasn´t the one they will race with and the updated car will be tested at this weeks test. So this is it if the car will be good or be like last year. But most drivers say that they are beginning to be afraid of Schumacher which according to them will be much better this season, have to see about that.

Mclaren on the other side have both its drivers complaining about the car and it don´t look good for them at the moment. Lewis have said that it is even worse than the 09 car. Mclaren looks like to be this years let down but can´t be sure of that before the first races have been.

What do you say about the new Pirelli tires? Some drivers are complaining that they don´t last long enough and have to pit 3-4 times at each race. Myself is happy with that since that will encourage to more overtaking and more pit stops and strategy. Last year Vettel and Webber drove full race on one type of tire without pitting almost. Only because of the rule they had to pit at the last lap. So back then I think they lasted too long and the whole point of soft and hard tires was useless.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:19 pm

well Mercedes say they can claw back this second that their currently behind on by this final test...but suspect both the Red Bull cars and Ferrari will improve....so i expect Mercedes and Mclaren not to be very competetive for the start of the season at least :)

yeah its a bit annoying to see the drivers are complaining about the tyres....they should have expected it. Its not the fault of Pirelli either...The FIA asked them to make them less durable than the bridgestones, to improve the show and thats what they've done :)
what i meant about the Pirelli's really was that not only should we read too much into testing times, but also the drivers will be much more aware of the behavior of the tyres once they've done a few miles on them.....still think some drivers will learn quicker and really get the most out of the tyres. Mclaren are going to be fascinating..they've got one driver whos always been a bit slow granted, but super kind to his tyres....where his teamate tends to destroy them frequently :roll:
Lightning

Postby judge death » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 am

Seems like they was right as well about it since at the last test they had the best time and it wasn´t made on super soft tires as the others were using, but this is tests and I doubt they will be as good when racing begins, we don´t know what the other teams will have up in their sleeves. :P

Only one week now. :D Can´t wait. :D
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:09 pm

yeah...unfortuantly looks like i was talking shit with that prediction :lol: the Mercedes seems to have seriously improved...I'd say Red Bull and Ferrari were probably focusing more on race pace but even so, Schumacher posted the fastest time of all the Barcelona sessions...

wow, ony few days till we start the engines again...already planned out the weekend. made a few shift changes at work...packed the fridge full of beer :wink:
Lightning

Postby Corvus » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Lightning wrote:..packed the fridge full of beer :wink:

...real veterans know what to do, it seems. Backing up that idea right here. :lol:

Schumacher's time is the best from the testing, yeah, I think they can be competitive. They did a lot of laps on these tests too, so it's a plus for reliability, they seem to have gotten rid of problems with that.

We have quite a lot of teams with very good cars, so it will be a very interesting beginning....I hope :lol:

If it wasn't for Bahrein shite going on, we would be in the season already...oh well...
Fake dummies, that's what you are...
Corvus

Postby judge death » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:22 pm

From what Mercedes team said: Schumacher did a race and qualifying test scenario, but tests is tests, on Sunday we will know. :) But I don´t think Schumacher can fight for a title however good car he get, he isn't the same old Schumacher as he was once, but on one hand, I should never say never. :lol: Everything can happen in F1.

Not just Bahrain, if the worst happen in Japan they have to cancel the race in Japan as well. :( But so far it seems good. :)
judge death

Postby Corvus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:31 pm

When I looked at the time sheets of the sessions today, my first reaction was 'My god, it's fuckin' same as last year'. I hope it won't continue. Granted, Massa is even worse....and there is no Kubica, Schumacher is slightly better, but no surprises yet.

My second reaction were bursts of laughter at Chandok :lol: I don't know if anyone ever managed to crash in first 20 seconds (or even less?) of the entire season, in his new team and new car. :lol: :lol: :lol: Epic fail.... :lol:
Corvus

Postby Lightning » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Corvus wrote:My second reaction were bursts of laughter at Chandok :lol: I don't know if anyone ever managed to crash in first 20 seconds (or even less?) of the entire season, in his new team and new car. :lol: :lol: :lol: Epic fail.... :lol:

I got really angry with that....sending the guy out without even having a seat fitting was crazy....plus taking practice away from the race drivers at the first race is mad, considering they're even still learning about the Pirellis at race 3 :roll: Epic fail is an understatement for Lotus on that one :D

Malaysia and China were pretty magic races i thought. Have to concede Lewis was great in Shanghai...and was good to see Webber climb to 3rd from 18th on the grid. Only downside is the quality of Williams nowadays. They're in danger of falling behind Lotus now....can't see Frank keeping the team going for many more years
Lightning

Postby Corvus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Aye, races were top notch, especially China. It is very interesting to see an eventful and action-packed race with only one driver retiring. Proves that F1 can be fun to watch without crashes. For the first time in many years I see improvements on the field. Mercedes is resurrecting which is a delight to see.

However, I'm again disappointed with steward decisions. Penalties so far (Alonso, Hamilton, Perez...) were all, in my opinion, wrong.
Corvus

Re: Formula 1 (motorsport 3)

Postby judge death » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:35 am

Whatssss your opinion about theeee 2014 sssseason? I myssself hateee the neeeew enginessss and theeee weak sssound they makeeee and how theeey madeee theeee ssssport ssso differeeenly :/ BTW Corvus: Do you play F1 gamessss on PS3? :)
judge death

Re: Formula 1 (motorsport 3)

Postby Corvus » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:35 pm

I don't do consoles, I belong to PC master race a hö hö

I have nothing against new engines, perhaps they lack sound but it is the least of our worries. What I don't like is the role of braking of MGU-K and ERS-K which means their failure is failure of brakes soon after. Everything else seems to function rather nicely. Racing was good, despite Merc dominance, much better than many seasons with V8's or similar.
Corvus

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous babbling