Monsterboard

Formula 1 (motorsport 3)

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Corvus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 am

Aye, with you on that, I also want to see Webber get the title, he really deserves it and I also would hate to see Alonso get more titles than Hakkinen, it just wouldn't be right.

It was a good race in Brazil, less entertaining than usual but that leaves room for the grand finale in Abu Dhabi. What I still can't clear up is how Rosberg managed to get back in front of Button and Schumacher after that screwed up pit-stop during the safety car run. How the hell did he do that....or maybe I wasn't paying attention....

Hulkenberg was really good, he gave Alonso a good run for his money...too bad he dropped later on...Williams just ain't much of a car this season.
Fake dummies, that's what you are...
Corvus

Postby judge death » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:11 pm

I agree with Corvus on the korean grand prix: They have raced in far worse conditions and Schumacher and Hamilton and others said that too and it wasn't that dark either there, in China 2006 it was almost more dark during the start of the race than there. No, I think that Red bull drivers tried to have influence on the judges to call of the race so they would had been in the lead for the future race and therefore was very against the race to start and try to make the race stop as soon as possible: aka Vettels try to stop the race with saying he cant see anything and it is too dark.

In SPA 1998, Spain 1996, China 2006, Brazil 2003 when almost whole grid had to retire due to the rain they raced. Real drivers back then. Now they cant even drive a race when it is only little rain. Really weak from them to complain so much when they in the older times wouldn't even doubt about racing in that conditions. When Niki lauda had the chance of winning the title in a rainy and foggy race they drove anyway. But Lauda retired since he was afraid for risking his life again so soon after his comeback from his injuries at the old nurburgring, earlier that year.

One theory I have is that they don't have the extreme wet tires anymore as they had before but now have only rain tires and intermediates, if right: then bloody take back the extreme tires they used before!

Was a good race else in Korea.

Brazil was good too but Massa seems to dislike the situation in Ferrari much that some are discussing if he will leave after this season. To me he haven't been himself lately either.

Nico Hulcenberg did a very fantastic result and taking that pole, very impressive and then hold off Alonso for so many laps. :)
It is looking good for Alonso in the title too now.
But I don't want to see him as a winner this year, he don't deserve it, hope Webber will win it since he was nr 2 driver in Red bull and himself have made it possible to win it against Red bill and Vettel which is favourite in the team but not openly. I think it will be his only chance of winning the title.
Would be embarrassing for Red bull to lose the drivers title after so many poles and that they have the best car. In strategy and reliability they aren't that good.
But they say that they might use team orders if Vettel is winning and Webber is behind with Alonso third. But that would be against what they have said.
Will be a very exciting race on Sunday. :)

Good news: For the next season I will be able to see the full races again! :D So now I wont miss so damn much as I do now.

Must congratulate Sebastian loeb for the new title in rally.

Last race with Bridgestone tires this weekend before we use Pirelli. Bridgestone has been in F1 since in 1997.

Lotus will now for the next season use the black and yellow colors, will be great to see. :) Now we just miss John player as sponsor on it.

Alonso think he can beat the Red bulls at this race but we´ll see, Mclaren seems fast again. :)

Something most people missed at last race was that: Schumacher moved away to let Nico Rosberg pass since he was on better tires than himself, which Nico didn't do for Schumacher some races ago, so Schumacher is nice for once. :) I think that explains what happened there for you Corvus.

I think that was all from me.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Corvus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Well well well, who would have thought....Alonso missed out by the narrowest of margins...and I'm so glad he did. Vettel deserved this title, even though Webber deserved it more. I am glad for the young German, a good race and a good season. But the reaction on the team radio was hilarious :lol:

McLarens had a very good race, but Renault was really impressive. Alonso couldn't do anything against Petrov, who surprised me with his concentration. Alonso has no right to act like he did at the parade lap at the end...that was not cool.

And Schumacher almost regret coming back...that was a REALLY close shave... :shock: Liuzzi actually had room to react, if he was to watch OVER the chicane and see what's going on up front. A driver must look ahead, and react faster. Good that nothing serious happened, but too bad Schumi didn't get to race longer. It would've been interesting.
Corvus

Postby Erina » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Yay on Vettel for the amazing race. I like Vettel, so I think he deserved the victory. It doesn't bother me either that he can speak a little Finnish...

I bet the Italians aren't too pleased with Alonso. My mom's cousin's Italian husband isn't. It's a shame they didn't show the feelings of the Ferrari guys after the race (well, except for Alonso). I bet they were raging.

But what Alonso did to Petrov (showing his middle finger) wasn't nice. Sorry if Petrov didn't have to let him pass!
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Black Lady » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 am

one word for that...AMAZING.just pure amazing.i could not believe it.i was sure Fernando or Webber would take it but no.my ikle German came back fighting.of course he was aided by bad Ferrari timing and a sneaky pair of Renault cars (i now love Petrov and Kubica :lol: ) i hate the fact Alonso gave Petrov the finger after the race.he was only doing what he's paid to do and it was uncalled for.i can understand how he was feeling but still.

i also won my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

but when i heard Sebastian crying over the radio, i started cying myself with the joy :oops: :P so damn proud of the little bugger!he so deserves it!he's an amazing driver and i love him! deserving winner me thinks! :D
The hardest decisions in life reap the biggest benefits. :) -Nikki Sixx
Black Lady

Postby Lightning » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:27 pm

I'd have been happy with any of those 3 so, very well deserved for Seb!...just so long as Hamilton didn't somehow fluke a win (all he's done all year is moan on the radio about the state of his tyres...which he tends to do himself through clouting every curb and locking them onto too many turns..)

Was so disappointing to see Fernando swear at Petrov..no way was Petrov letting him past..he's fighting to keep his drive for 2011 so the last thing Renault would be impressed by would be him yielding...ironic that it was Renault too...kind of serves Fernando right too because according to Eric Boullier, Alonso was so focused last year on his 2010 Ferrari drive and didn't help development much at Renault...I still do think Fernando has been brilliant this year and to get to the final race as a contender in a clearly inferior car is very impressive. I think he'll be 2011 champ :)

I'd have much preferred Mark Webber, always been a fan since he started at minardi...i think this could have been his only title chance too as the Bull might not be as dominent next season, and Vettel clearly has potential to win several. Still happy with Vettel though, made a few mistakes this year but he's equally had some serious bad luck..and he seems a nice chap so its all good :) also, either Vettel or Alonso would have pissed off so many deluded Hamilton/Part time F1 fans in this country...so small part of me really wanted Webber to lose out i guess :lol:

Can't wait for 2011...such a shit part of the year now when all the motorsport has ended..particularly moto gp, IRL and F1..next year won't be as different as this year was...very few driver changes, no new teams...i suppose KERS is back and can't wait to see the new black and gold Lotus :D
Lightning

Postby judge death » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:00 am

Have to say congratulations to Vettel for winning the championship. :) Didn't believed he could do that after the Saturdays Qualifying but I was wrong. :)

Alonso: Damn idiot,Not Petrov´s fault if he cant pass him in a much better car. And if he did he would had to pass Kubica and Rosberg which is much harder. And to show the finger and point and express anger with the hands there was something like Alonso have done in the past when he don't get his way with some driver. Some of the reasons I dislike Alonso. To expect other racers to move away when you try to overtake them is not really good race strategy. Ferrari made a bad call there after Webber pitted, had they stayed out they would probably had gotten much better results.

Too bad with Webber, his only chance since Vettel will be even better next year after this and the car will probably not be superior to the Ferrari or even Renault and Mercedes and Mclaren who wants to compete for the title then.

Horrible crash with Schumacher but no one got injured or so, back in the 90s that wouldnt had been the same story... Hope he gets a better year next year, or as some rumors say he ends his career but I doubt that.
Fun to read that Häkkinen is now criticising Schumachers comeback and saying he is arrogant and wonders what he have to show the world? Schumacher does this mostly because of fun and he loves racing and may I ask what Häkkinen has done since 2006 when he ended his career in DTM after crashing into another racer and said himself he was too bad to race anymore? I think it is media which made something he said to something bigger since Häkkinen mostly respects Schumacher and he respects Häkkinen. Would love to see them two race each other for fun one day again. :)

Damn the F1 season is over and have to wait until March! Will be a long wait.
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Yeah Hakkinen nearly came back for Williams but kinda glad he didn't..just simply because i think he would have been terrible. he was such a brilliant driver until 2001 when he really lost his speed. apparently because when he stalled on the grid in Brazil, he saw the cars fly past him stationary and apparently lost his nerve after that..

Its a toss up between Rosberg and Kubica for best of the rest after the 3 main teams...I'd probably say Kubica though..he's really surprised me this year. He was quick at BMW but was harder to tell i guess because Heidfeld was damm quick too..
so even though the season is over, the young driver tests were earlier in the week. Here's a star to look out for:

Daniel Ricciardo. he was testing the Red Bull and set a 1:38.102 lap time...Vettel's pole time last weekend was 1.39.394..not too shabby really for a guy not currently in F1. I saw him at Silverstone this year too and he dominated the race..think he could be brilliant when he gets to the F1 stage
Lightning

Postby judge death » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:49 pm

I agree, and then I look back on his DTM results and to imagine him driving in Williams now, I would just say it would be much worse than Schumachers results this season. Rubens would had slaughtered him almost.

Rumors is saying that Massa will be changed for the next season but to me he is the perfect driver to have in the team and he will be better next season, I´m sure so I think Ferrari will keep him and he seems to be fast on the new Pirelli tires. :)

Is getting interested in Pastor and if he is good or not, looks like a real racer on the tests so will be interesting. Anyone have any opinions about him yet?

Good times the newcomers is doing at Abu dabhi but on the other hand the track has been improving since the race and is in overall one second faster than back then at the race. But still great times. :)
judge death

Postby Lightning » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 pm

judge death wrote:Rumors is saying that Massa will be changed for the next season but to me he is the perfect driver to have in the team and he will be better next season, I´m sure so I think Ferrari will keep him and he seems to be fast on the new Pirelli tires. :)

Is getting interested in Pastor and if he is good or not, looks like a real racer on the tests so will be interesting. Anyone have any opinions about him?

I think Massa deserves a year more...naturally he had a much weaker season than usual but he did come back from that awful accident in 2009. Be a tad harsh for Ferrari to drop him now...maybe give him next year to see if he can get back to his old self...especially since Kubica still has a year left i think on his Renault deal...though the latest rumour i saw today....Adrian Sutil to Ferrari....theres some reason why Sutil hasn't confirmed a Force India seat so he's clearly in talks with other teams...personally i don't know how..he's quick but he's got too many floors. Especially when theres other similar age drivers who are much better like Vettel, Kubica, Rosberg, Hamilton etc

Pastor Maldonado is an interesting one..i think he really only got good in GP2 this year....he's incredibly quick but also quite crash-prone. he sometimes makes the odd overtaking move which leads to a crash but i reckon he could be good for F1...Kobayashi looked pretty poor in GP2 but really has played a good game in F1 and Maldonado could be similar..if Williams really are struggling for money,he's probably one of the best choices for a 'paying' driver but other prob is he's already 25 and in modern F1...thats quite old to be a rookie.
I think Sergio Perez will be better...he's looked amazing in GP2 and dominated the first race of Abu Dhabi by about 40 seconds :D (though should point out he did a crazy crash in race 2 :wink: ) but still think he'll be good...Kobayashi might have a challenge at Sauber next year...
other drivers worth looking out for in GP2 are Dani Clos, Sam Bird, Giedo Van der Garde, Jules Bianchi, Alvaro Parente, Josef Kral...all of whom i think could make F1 from 2011 onwards :)
Lightning

Postby judge death » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:25 pm

I doubt Adrian can get a deal somewhere else than at Force india at the moment and as you say he crashes the car a lot or make mistakes, he need to mature a bit more before he can be really good but his speed is great.

I agree with you on Massa and Kubica. :)

Seems like many promising drivers who can drive soon in F1. Perez I´m sure will be driver 2 in Sauber next season. He has similar style as Kobayashi, so a big challenge for him and good for Sauber.

Daniel Ricciardo is also a promising driver, was more than a second faster than Vettel at Abu dabhi. But Red bull is full and also Torro Rosso so he will drive in gp2 if rumors are true next season.

Wonder how it is going for heidfeild who drove for later part of the season for Sauber, and apparently Pedro de la rosa is trying to get a drive for HRT next season....
judge death

Postby Lightning » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Perez is a great example of a talented driver paying for his seat...Sauber really do pick up good young drivers. Everyone said Peter Sauber was mad in 2001 for going for too young drivers of Raikkonen and Heidfeld but he proved himself right with them two..great teamates...he also went for for Frentzen before he went to Williams and of course Massa in 2002...I thought Kobayashi was a mad choice from his GP2 record but was definately wrong with him, he's been superb..as I'm sure Perez will be...

Ricciardo is going to stay in the Renault World Series next year but also do test driving for Torro Rosso on the Friday of weekends, replacing either Buemi and Alguersari each time...he was Red Bull test driver this year...so to go to Torro Rosso seems like a demotion really :D but he's going to do more running at Torro Rosso so makes sense :)

As for De La Rosa and Heidfeld...think De La Rosa is wasting time paying up for a HRT but like the fact he just wants to drive for the fun of it..Heidfeld really should be in F1 but only chance is Force India i think...unless Renault kick Petrov out, which seems unlikely now...though Chandhok and Hulkenburg are both going for that Force India seat...so sadly, think that might be the last of Heidfeld :(
Lightning

Postby judge death » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Dont underestimate Peter Sauber. ;) He has found many great drivers and bought them to F1. I´m sure he will have made the team a bit better for the next season since he had to stress this year to get the car to the grid and save the team. He did a great work on saving his life project after BMW pulled out. Would had missed the Sauber name on the F1 grid else since they have been in F1 since in 1993 with Mercedes engines back then.

Hmm Kovalinnen crashed terrible at the race of the champions :/
Vettel and Schumacher won the country prize again and Vettel won the driver title in the race after a close final against Schumacher.

Bernie ecclestone was robbed and hitted by some criminals some days ago but he is fine now. :) But the thief's got away with much money and his clock and other stuff.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:04 am

I agree about Peter Sauber. its so easy to ignore how well he's done..keeping a midfield team in F1 is difficult but he's chosen the right sponsor partners and engine suppliers over the years...remember Sauber was the first car to brand Red Bull before the company grew to take over Jaguar :wink: ...and he kept a good relationship with Ferrari for engine suppliers in the 90s, allowing him to use them again in 2010 after recovering from the BMW withdrawal..
yeah the kovalainen crash looked bad but think he's fully ok now. hmmm still waiting for some drivers to be confirmed for 2011...Lotus haven't confirmed either driver (though both look likely to remain with them)..as is Petrov with Renault...its Force India who are most interesting...Hulkenburg is looking most likely to drive for them which is well deserved i would say
Lightning

Postby judge death » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:25 am

Pastor Maldonado is now confirmed to drive for Williams next season. :)
Isnt looking good for Hulkenberg now.

Sauber have now announced that they will show the new car in January the 30 and hopefully that one will be a better car. But still I must say it is strong work of Sauber to have saved his team and make it as competitive as they are. :)

Schumacher and Nico has now told some magazines that they had terrible much problems with the car, such as the exhaust pipe got often too hot so it damaged the car at some places. But they now hope that the new car is better and since Ross Brawn started early on it this year, I hope that will be the case but cant see them beating Adrian neweys future Red bull design.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:27 pm

i love it when Sauber and Williams launch...they just roll out the car and get going with some testing...none of this high profile launches that most of the manafacturer's tend to do..

Timo Glock is now definately staying at Virgin...though i think this guy deserves a better car...its a shame Toyota pulled out because him and Jarno were a great set of teamates,

i think you could be right about Hulkenburg...tho he still has a good chance of landing Liuzzi's Force India...

As for Mercedes..i think could go either way. could be championship contenders...or could be the same..they're shifting a lot of the team around and both drivers are having new race engineers...I'm hoping they'll be good..want to see Nico as title challenger :)
Lightning

Postby judge death » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Apparently Mark Webber had another bike cycling accident when he was in his home in Australia. There he broke his shoulder again so he had it operated in secret from the team and he had to drive so in the last four races of the season, could explain why he didn't managed to be high up in the ending races. Red bull management isn't happy to find that out now. As Horner said: We are thinking about forbidding him to use bicycles as long as he drives for us.

Else than that there isn't much going on in F1 now.

Pascal Grosjean Died sadly after his victory in Superbike class, he just won the race and drove the parade lap when a faster driver from behind drove into him and he was badly injured and died. :(

Hmm what do you guys think is the most ugly and beautiful F1 car to have been made and best race? :)

Have now found a great F1 game which is really deep. :) I pm it to you lightning and Corvus and some more info about it :) But if others want it too then pm me.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Looks very interesting...i remember years back in the day..i had an old F1 manager game that limited but good fun..this looks very good though...i'll register and join up later in the week when i've got more time :) also...whilst we're talking games...will say again..the codemasters F1 game is brilliant...very well done...just wish had more time to make use of it,

Yeah i feel bit sorry for Mark..mainly because i can see why he didn't say anything..obviously he didn't want to make it look like and excuse and i suppose Red Bull would have given him a real bollcking for it at the time,

heard about Pascal Grosjean...bikes are still incredibly dangerous..there was a death in 125cc racing this year too,

some F1 news today...Proton and Group Lotus have finally taken control of Renault.. so next year they'll look like this or similar to this:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88616

Very disappointing news really...silly to have two Lotus teams on the grid..Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne have done brilliantly in reviving Lotus...and have just brought the rights to Team Lotus from the Chapman family...in my view theyre still the proper Lotus...Group Lotus really aren't putting F1 in a good light by causing this dispute...they've also stolen Tony Fernandes plan to use the classic black and gold colour scheme next season...so once again its disappointing,

hmm good question..best looking car and worst looking car?

well maybe even in the same season Williams for the ugly 'walrus' front wing:

http://minardi.freeblog.hu/files/2004-B ... 0x1200.jpg

...and the beautiful Mclaren of the same year with the much preferred slim front wing:

http://www.carautoportal.com/car-images ... mp4-19.jpg

those were the days when wings could be designed how they liked so had a good mix in F1...i still prefer the black and white West Mclaren to the recent chrome ones too :)

other ugly...hmmm the 2008 Honda with slightly hypocritical 'earth aware' sponsors:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... h_1_hr.jpg

though i did think other '08 cars looked great...Force India, Renault and Williams..
personally think the cars look ugly now from '09 and '10 just because of the wing regulations :)
Lightning

Postby judge death » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:47 am

Very disappointing news really...silly to have two Lotus teams on the grid..Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne have done brilliantly in reviving Lotus...and have just brought the rights to Team Lotus from the Chapman family...in my view they're still the proper Lotus...Group Lotus really aren't putting F1 in a good light by causing this dispute...they've also stolen Tony Fernandes plan to use the classic black and gold colour scheme next season...so once again its disappointing,

I agree, this is just bad for F1 and for the real Lotus team and for everyone involved in it. Bad decision by proton to do this after that they said to Lotus they have the right and is the real Lotus team.
Now suddenly we have two Lotus teams. :?
To me it is Tony Fernandes who have made Lotus to come back and are the real Lotus and fighters, they deserve to be called Lotus really. It was their idea to do that and for the coming season use black and gold colors on the car which Proton stole. Renault accepted this change and is called: Lotus. To me they will always be Renault whatever they try to say, many fans around the world think the same and to me they don't deserve the name or respect for it. Lotus has worked hard to get revived and get to where they are by hard work and that I respect and their fighting spirit.
Sadly it seems that Tony is giving up and will be called Malaysian air team or something like that and use the green and yellow colors like this season, a sad thing to see by someone who gave the fans much joy and brought Lotus back from the dead just to see it stolen. They bought the rights to the name and also had David hunts and other of the owners of the old Lotus team. Even David hunt say this is stupid and bad for F1. David is brother to the famous James Hunt. :wink:
I hope Bernie does something to this or Renault and F1 will loose much respect from the fans. As I´ve said: I wont ever call Renault for Lotus, that name is for Tony Fernande's team. Stealing someones else idea is the worse thing I know in this world or to show the respect they deserve for their hard work.

Hmm now they are decreasing the power of the engines even more from 2,4 litre engines to: 1,9 litres if I remember it right. But they get turbo and KERS so have to see how that will be. But I doubt about KERS and as last time: Some teams wont be using it.

The 7% rule is back for next season so we wont probably see the new teams so much in the races anymore if they are like this season will say.
Cant say if it is good or bad.

HRT team is apparently for sale now so I hope Villeneuve buys it. Would be fun to see him and Schumacher race each other. But we all know what they think about each other. :lol: Would be interesting to see how good or bad Villeneuve is today.

Ahh I see that you choose the Honda 2008 car :P I think 07/08 cars of them looked very ugly, especially the 08 car with the famous Elephant ears.

07 Honda car:
http://www.urbanracer.com/gallery/artic ... 47/002.jpg

The sex wheeled Tyrrel:
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multimedi ... 23563l.jpg

The vacuum cleaner Tyrrel as I call it:
http://yfrog.com/c0brabham78swe63anj

Tyrrel 98:
http://www.verstappen.nl/picture/tyrrel ... rgm007.jpg

Ferrari 1995:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2252/228 ... 95c7e1.jpg

Mclaren 1995 car:
http://akelta.files.wordpress.com/2008/ ... en1995.jpg

Best looking:

Ferrari 2004:
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/01 ... 1f2004.jpg

Jordan 1997, damn what I miss this team :( :
http://www.skyscraperpicture.com/f1pict ... jordan.JPG

This is probably the most cool and best designed car ever in my taste: Jordan car from 2001:
http://www.f1journal.com/photos/red-shark_002.jpg

From the last 2 seasons:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/435 ... 4a9b_o.jpg

Ferrari 2008, looks so advanced:
http://free.desktopwallpaper.org/f2008- ... 28663.jpeg

Mclaren 1998:
http://wiringharnessservices.co.uk/images/mp4-13.jpg
As you also think Lightning: I prefer the white chromed cars than those silver ones they do now.

Oh team orders are back again, and it is Jean Todt who made that decision. Kinda ironic. :lol:
judge death

Postby Lightning » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Yeah the Lotus stuff is a bit ridiculous and looks like staying that way. Tony Fernandes it seems is staying with the name 'Team Lotus' and will keep the cars yellow and green....where as Renault next year becomes 'Lotus Renault GP' and will run the gold and black colours...its just a bad story for F1 really and a shame for the Chapman family...
Though the good news is Renault have decided to keep Petrov for next 2 years...good choice because teams should give rookies more of a chance most of the time...and for some reason Virgin have confirmed to ditch Di Grassi for D'Ambrosio next year..(i've been watching him in GP2 and don't think he looks good at all)...though i said the same about kobayashi and he's really done well :)

yeah the lifting the ban on team orders doesn't surprise me...imagine they just couldn't figure out how to police it..
should have mentioned Jordan too...their 2001 car looked great with the shark nose...man i feel like such a geeky anorak about F1 sometimes :lol:
Lightning

Postby Corvus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:28 pm

My country's national television had ceased broadcasting Formula 1 championship. Abyss take them.
Corvus

Postby Lightning » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:21 pm

ah that sucks..sos to hear that...i'd be seriously outraged if that happened here....ironically, we've had some good news on the broadcasting front. Martin Brundle will now be the lead commentator with David Coulthard assuming the 2nd commentator role. Think it will really be an improvement having 2 ex drivers commentating...rather than a journalist and a driver :)

nearly there once again...Ferrari are first to launch late next week with the others following..and then straight onto testing 8)
Lightning

Postby Corvus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Lightning wrote:ah that sucks..sos to hear that...i'd be seriously outraged if that happened here....ironically, we've had some good news on the broadcasting front. Martin Brundle will now be the lead commentator with David Coulthard assuming the 2nd commentator role. Think it will really be an improvement having 2 ex drivers commentating...rather than a journalist and a driver :)

nearly there once again...Ferrari are first to launch late next week with the others following..and then straight onto testing 8)

Well I AM seriously outraged :lol: I will have to try my luck with surrounding countries, like maybe Hungary. Eurosport does not broadcast it, right? As far as I know they only do GP2.
Corvus

Postby judge death » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Not long until they show all new cars and they do some testings and it will be fun to see how the Pirelli tires will be like. :) And the changes to the cars and KERS and changeable adjustable rear wings and much more.

Sad to hear that Corvus. :( One good thing is that I can see F1 again, but that don't weight up that you cant see it :(

Will be 20 races this season. Finally I say.

Watched some F1 videos and my addiction to the sport went through the roof. Luckily it isn't too far away now. :D

Would like to say that F1 drivers are today's Gladiators.

Good video about the sport:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk9VqE1AZ7U&NR=1
I wish there was more corners like that one at 1:46- 48.

Cant wait for the new season to start :D
judge death

Postby Lightning » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:09 pm

yeah at 1.48 it looked like the banking at the old Nurburgring...still there of course but shame F1 moved out to next door,

unfortuantly I don't think theres a chance it will be shown on eurosport. I'm not even sure GP2 has been confirmed to be shown on it this year...which will be really annoying not to be able to watch, as the racing is getting really good in the series...hopefully it'll be confirmed soon and hopefully you'll find somewhere to see F1..i know are BBC broadcasts to several countries...Malaysia, Australia and some places in Europe but maybe not to yours which is unfortunate...

testing starts next week and the first launch has been today with Ferrari:

http://www.planetf1.com/photo-gallery/6 ... ts#photo=1

Seems like the nose has got a bit longer but nothing too different. Like the idea of the Italian flag on the rear wing...though i suppose that could disappear if they find another sponsor
Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling