Monsterboard

Formula 1 (motorsport 3)

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby judge death » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 am

Yep, the nose is a bit higher up than the previous car and the driver sits a bit more up as well, ca 3-5 cm. The under floor is changed and the rear end of the car and no F ducts anymore. Other than that it is a much look a like of a car with the previous model. Hopes it is a bit faster. Will be interesting to see how KERS will do this year.

From what I have heard Mclarens car will be Black and Red :P Will be interesting to see if it is true or not.

Hmm I couldn't see BBC here in Sweden before so I don't think Corvus can either. But I´m sure he can see it on the computer for a small sum of money but then you will have to have a credit card to pay with. But it sucks that Corvus can´t see the races :( Come over to my home and to the Ferrari house and watch it here :) Have now made so we can watch F1 again at last^^
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Corvus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Heh, a bit too far from here, Judge. :lol: There is a chance local betting places might find a solution and show races on their TV-s, so we'll see. I'm gonna have to check those prices for Internet streaming. Do you know what that 'small sum of money' is?

And about the new Ferrari, nothing new nothing special. I hope the inside is not as same as the outside is to the previous one.
Fake dummies, that's what you are...
Corvus

Postby Lightning » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 pm

judge death wrote:From what I have heard Mclarens car will be Black and Red :P Will be interesting to see if it is true or not

Yeah, think the rumour came about because they released their team gear and was all black and red. though Mclaren i think dismissed the rumour shortly after...saying their keeping their chrome colours...shame really because black and red would be interesting and closer to the better looking '97-'04 cars. though doesn't really bother me as am really not a fan of the time....definately still not a fan of one particular driver in it :lol:
will find out next friday if the rumour is true though
Lightning

Postby judge death » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:56 pm

True that. :lol: Hmm Is not sure if you have viasat in Finland but check their website, you can there see a race on the computer for 5-9 Euros. Worth a try maybe.

Guess we have to wait to see if it is true or not.

Not long until we will see more new cars. :) Hope there will be some new cars which looks innovative or well designed. As Renault and Lotus was last season. :)

Here are the new cars from: Sauber, Torro Rosso, Red Bull, Mercedes, Renault, Lotus, Williams:

http://www.planetf1.com/photo-gallery/6 ... ay#photo=4

Red Bull have again made an innovative and aggressive design on their car. Loves how the rear of the car goes into the back wing.

Williams: Have positioned some wings on the nose of the car, a bit interesting car.

Lotus: Looking great from the few photos we can see.

Torro Rosso, not much to say about it.

Sauber: Looks like a standard car just as the Ferrari.

Mercedes: Much changes and new design when comparing it to the last seasons car. Longer wheelbase and seems to suit Schumacher more from the test times than it does for Rosberg. But it is too early to say.

Renault: Looks cool but cant see much of the details on the car due to the colors and not too good photos.

It is starting to heat up now. :D
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:19 pm

yeah, as you say, it's quite early to look too much into the times. though having said that...it seems a lot of teams admire the innovative exhaust system that Renault are using. As much as i'm hating Group Lotus at the moment, can see Renault having a good season.
As we thought, there isn't much change with the look of most cars..though i do prefer the Mercedes to last years :)

We will know much more this week when they hit Jerez. The teams will start hammering in proper lap times to what they were doing in Valencia. As well Mclaren and Force India will finally be using their 2011 cars :)
Lightning

Postby undertaker from hell » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Sad news, Robert Kubica has been badly injured in a rallying race. Italian sources say that he is in danger of losing his injured arm :?

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 11714.html
He who invited death
[Was] born with an ill-fated punishment
Don't call his name
That [Man] will come again
undertaker from hell

Postby judge death » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Must say that this year’s Mclaren is probably the most new thinking and good looking car for this coming season. Renault on place 2. No, I won’t ever call Renault for Lotus.

Damn! Was very shocked and still am with the accident Kubica was involved in today. :shock: And how it happened in the rally race. His right hand and arm is broken and have internal bleeding but they say it is not life threatening luckily enough and they managed to make the blood system in his hand to work again but they are not sure if his hand and arm will be okay ever after this or not but they do their best. They were discussing about amputate the arm but seems it won’t be needed now. I hope really much he can race again and comes back again to F1. He was such talent and will win the championship one day, I´m sure of that.

I will hope for him that he will be alright again after this accident.

Strange that the team let him race in rally and does stuff which risks his health but it seems like the teams is different with it, Ferrari let Kimi race in rally several times. Mclaren don´t allow that.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 pm

yeah as you say, Ferrari let Kimi do it too. I think its written into their contracts, allowing them to do it. Kubica is such a highly rated driver, I'm sure Renault wern't going to argue with him...they were just thankful to hire him.
Its such a shame and he must be gutted because it looks like Renault have built a good car this year. We'll know in 6 days if the surgery has worked properly. If theres no problems, he could be back in 3 months...however I imagine thats unlikely. I think he'll be out for the year but at least now it doesn't look career threatening :)
He's such a promising driver, so its a real shame. And i like him because he tends to not talk shit in interviews and just gets on with being quick :) I hope too that he's just as good when he comes back. I think it changes driver to driver. Schumacher was better when he came back from his broken leg...Panis broke both legs of course in '97 but i think he really lost it. Before '97 he was a really promising driver...but came back distinctly average :(
...so who will replace Kubica? Bruno Senna has been put on stand by but apparently Heidfeld was in talks with Renault today. He's the better option. Renault putting out 2 reasonably inexperianced drivers wouldn't be too smart. Heidfeld is clearly the best option so really hope gets it :)
Lightning

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:10 pm

undertaker from hell wrote:Sad news, Robert Kubica has been badly injured in a rallying race. Italian sources say that he is in danger of losing his injured arm :?

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 11714.html

Everyone in Poland is in shock over it...
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby judge death » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Kubica has already since he woke up begin to talk about coming back as soon as possible to F1 and seems to be fully okay. :) Shows how strong racer he is and we all know him for. He came back from Canada 07 and if he comes back after this then he is truly an amazing racer. :)
He is hoping to race again in this season and he will do all he can for making it happen but according to doctors it can take a year before his hand is alright again. They shall operate him again soon so we have to see at the end of this week to see if he can come back this season or not.
Last time he crashed with a car and got injured he came back better than ever and took pole and a win. Hopefully he does the same now.

Rumors is discussing from: Kimi to drive for Renault and Jaques Villeneuve as well. Bruno Senna and Nico hulcenberg and many more. Is myself hoping for Heidfeld who was a close friend to Kubica and team mate in BMW.

New Force india and HRT and Virgin has been shown now. :)
HRT looks like Mclarens car :P So I think there will be some mistakes from the commentators during this season due to it. Looks better than last years cars. :)
judge death

Postby Lightning » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Well HRT is a very strange team generally. The colour scheme is very different to last year but still quite like it. I can't see them being anywhere but last by the end of the season however. it almost seems like nobody wants to drive their 2nd car...i think their asking so much money for it...apparently neither Yanamoto nor De La Rosa couldn't afford it so no idea who will drive it...won't be announced until near the first race i think...

I'm surprised Heidfeld hasn't been confirmed at Renault yet...he was a second quicker than Senna (though granted, Bruno was probably testing different things)...i think their still considering Liuzzi...but Nicks clearly the best choice.

I hope he's confirmed and I hope the car is good...I'm very loyal supporter to Tony Fernandes's proper Lotus team, but i'm a huge fan of Nick Heidfeld and would love to see him challenge for the championship
Lightning

Postby Corvus » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Heidfeld just confirmed for Renault. :wink:
Corvus

Postby Lightning » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:41 pm

yup. the only choice really i thought, so good from Renault...I hope he has a strong season...though i would love to see Petrov do well too. He was really promising in GP2 and deserves a second year.....though so did Hulkenburg to be honest..

Obviously due to whats going on in Bahrain...the opening race might be cancelled. Bernie sais he'll decide this week but looks very possible. I don't object though..it would mean the season would start where it should - in Melbourne! i wouldn't mind waiting an extra couple of weeks for that...

though its a shame GP2 has been cancelled this weekend. Was supposed to be the second event of the GP2 Asia series, which i was looking forward to :(
Lightning

Postby Corvus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:34 am

Bahrain GP officialy cancelled....we're down to 19 races for now, maybe they find another date. Can't say I enjoy opening the season with Bahrein, or the track itself, but it is still one GP less, and that ain't good.
Corvus

Postby judge death » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Looked on an old race on the F1 channel we have in Sweden now. :) Was fun to see Japan GP 1989 and see real history almost live :D
Can now see why so many still debate if it was with purpose or not Prost drove into Senna.

Hmm now when I think back in 2006: Then lapped cars was allowed to drive past the safety car to retake the lap and not be in the way of the faster cars when the race is restarted. But at last year they didnt do that anymore and was in the way for Webber so Hamilton could catch Webber almost :/ Did they cancel that rule or what? :? Thought it was just good to let the lapped cars drive past the safety car for the restart.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:29 pm

yeah was at Singapore right? I remember getting annoyed with Di Grassi for not getting out of Webber's way...yeah I might be wrong but i'm pretty sure they scrapped that rule at the beggining of the 2010 season....not sure why..possibly a safety thing. The fact that the backmarkers would overtake the safety car and then go full speed to catching back up with the pack....i guess that defeated the point in the safety car....though i preferred it when they could overtake...just affects the front-runners too much.

yeah Japan 89 was great to see...i think it was intentional from Prost..he turned in on him. Though their as bad as each other really..the very same track a year on Senna pushed Prost off into turn one. He actually said he was going to do that if Prost led into turn one....perhaps revenge? either way think it was pretty poor from the pair of them. Just one moment like that and i'm kind of put off...hence why i've always had trouble liking Schumacher
Lightning

Postby judge death » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 am

Looks on the data results..... Yes, it was there and was Grassi. Can only agree on you with that, but from how it looked like when that rule existed, it was safe way and was never a problem. More a problem now when they are in the way in the restarts, hopes they take back that rule.

Yes, I think that Senna took his revenge the year after with that move but that shows how bad sportsmanship they had towards each other. To me they aren't anything better than Schumacher for doing so, nor Alonso and some other drivers... Mansell and Hill and Hakkinen deserves to be called good winners and didn't cheat. :)
judge death

Postby Lightning » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 pm

oh yeah, i agree it was safe and there was no problem with the rule before...never caused a problem anyhow. I just reckoning that might have been their reasoning...remember they've been going mad on safety year on year since Senna died...

yeah its an interesting flaw in some drivers...really does hamper the reputation of Schumacher, Senna and Prost...not just on the track behavior hinders reputation too....look at Hamilton trying to get Jarno disqualified after the Oz GP in 2009 :roll: ...and also Alonso playing his qualifying pit games in Hungary at Mclaren,
Its just a shame some great drivers who didn't cheat in anyway wern't a bit quicker too....though i think Villeneuve and Raikkonen were two masters. In the right car...the quickest and wouldn't dream of cheating in any way :)

new Williams livery:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3524/pho ... 011-Livery

reminds me of the livery they used in the 90s a bit when they were sponsored by Rothmans...though i somewhat doubt the car will be as quick :wink:
Lightning

Postby judge death » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Looks very nice. :D But hmm they should put on the gold stripe they used in the 90s, that is the secret to their speed back then ;) XD Kidding but I miss that gold stripe which made them look so great:
http://www.actwin.com/toaph/life/cars/r ... lliams.jpg

Is a bit sceptical about the turrets design, the rear of it which points out oddly :/ Seems like they have problem with their KERS system as well.
I hope this year wont be Williams last but begins to doubt how long they can be in F1 now. Would be so fun to see them be good again.

But why don´t they buy Renault engines instead of Cosworth? Am sure that they would be faster then and better, Renault was that they used back in the 90s and had great successes with.
judge death

Postby Lightning » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:05 pm

yeah i agree totally...BMW to Cosworth engines was a poor move..then things looked better when they used Toyota engines....and now they've gone back to the Cosworths. They came close to securing a Renault engine deal apparently..but it fell through.

Also i think the key to their 90s success was Adrian Newey once again. He built those brilliant mid-90s Williams...then was responsible for the amazing 98-2000 Mclaren cars and now look what he's done with Red Bull :P

I'd love to see the gold stripe back too but i think it looks too much like cigarette advertising again....though why not! Renault have adopted the Lotus black and gold which was predominantly for John Player Special cigarettes so Williams may as well....as you say, might bring back a bit of form :D
Lightning

Postby judge death » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Sad that they didn´t got the Renault engines. :/

Yes, Adrian Newey was amazing back then and still is. :) HE have a big part of their sucess.

Jackie Stewart said something interesting some days ago: To him today's F1 tracks are boring and too safe and to kindly for driver mistakes. The Herman Tilke courses he says is copies of each other and is very boring tracks and too safe. Almost impossible to overtake when the mistakes the drivers make isn't punishing them anything.
I can agree on that and that the safety of today's F1 car is good enough and don't need to get safer. Time to do some challenging tracks which is not as kindly to the drivers then there will be good racing I´m sure. :)

Bernies last idea: That they shall do artificial rain so that it will rain on every race to make it more exciting. That old man gets more weird ideas for each year, he is over 80 years old and should had by now left his position for someone younger with better ideas. :?
judge death

Postby Lightning » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:16 pm

yeah its often hard to tell with these new circuits...i like the look of the one being built in Texas...but you never know...could end up being a dull-fest too....Valencia is really poor in my view and perhaps Bahrain...but its odd, the circuit in Shanghai looks like a good circuit but the races there are often dull, unless the weather gets involved.....i'm glad some more traditional tracks did leave the calender too...Magny-cours and Imola i thought didn't add much....and i'd like to see Barcelona go..its a good test track but the race is always poor..

haha Bernie..yeah its hard to tell with him...sometimes i think he's lost the plot and then sometimes i think he's just got a great sense of humour and is just stirring things up for the sake of it :P if people are talking about F1, its in his interest...so when its quiet like now, he feels the need to say something...no matter how ridiculous :D
Lightning

Postby judge death » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm

That is true indeed. :) And at making the sport as big as it is now and make so much money on it is impressive but his age is showing and to me it is time for a new leader to take his place there. :) But not Flavio as it is rumored to be. Can´t understand how he can be in F1 again..... And be on the highest position....

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 11788.html
This was kinda fun and good to see the drivers to do for Kubica.^^

So how do you rank the teams after the tests and for the new season?
Can´t believe it is soon a new season again. :D
judge death

Postby Corvus » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:07 pm

judge death wrote:That is true indeed. :) And at making the sport as big as it is now and make so much money on it is impressive but his age is showing and to me it is time for a new leader to take his place there. :) But not Flavio as it is rumored to be. Can´t understand how he can be in F1 again..... And be on the highest position....

How can't you understand? Money rules, and Flavio has a lot of it.....sad but true, and the big bad ass is back with us. Not-so-welcome-back, Flavio, I hope you die.

I won't be ranking teams, because test are merely - tests, so there can be no certain conclusions. I will, however, admit that Renault looks quite good and promising. Big names are standardly good, and Mercedes so far, sadly, is not convincing. At least not to me. But test are, as I said, just tests.
Corvus

Postby Lightning » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 am

yeah i agree its good not to read too much into testing times...though i remember badly advising someone in '09 to bet against Brawn...i thought from testing they were running light to attract sponsors (like Sauber did last year)...but they ended up being that quick in the season :D

though you never know what their testing truth...though from what we've seen, its pretty clear Ferrari and Red Bull are the quickest...but not sure at all out of the two...

Mercedes and Mclaren don't seem to be happy...particularly the Mercedes team who say their a whole second off the pace...and neither driver seems happy with the car..

i agree Corvus that Renault are looking pretty good...of course too early to say but they could potentially be regular podium finishers...thats why i felt doubley sorry for Robert, but who knows how quick they'll prove to be

as for the rest of them...theyre saying Torro Rosso have drastically improved...but they could only really improve from last year...Williams look a bit slow and Sauber look quick...but they did last year so hard to tell much from either of them

I'm bit disappointed with the reliability of Lotus so far...and their target is leading the midfield by the end of the year...think thats a bit ambitious to be honest :)

though we won't really know the order till race 2 or 3 :) ..especially with these new pirellis being such an important factor :)

yeah saw that vid JD, its nice to see them do it...they did it in '09 for Massa which was good :)
Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling