Monsterboard

Now Playing Thread - # 6 - Read the rules before posting!

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Now Playing Thread - # 6 - Read the rules before posting!

Postby Hemitys » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:25 am

OK!

Don't you just hate spamming? Pointless posts one after another and there is no information whatsoever. Now we are going to try something different. This time there are actually rules concerning this thread.

Instead of just giving the name of the band and song, tell us something about them. What are your opinions about the song, why are you listening it? Are you drinking beer and in a need for some kickass hard rock or are you broken-hearted and weeping along with some of cheesiest ballads ever made?

You know, anything like that. Let's make this a thread that is actually useful. Maybe people might get excited about some bands because your comments. Who knows. Let's do this.

NOTE!

1) If you don't anything to say about the song, don't even bother posting. There is a reason why we have these Delete-buttons.

2) If the spam continues and people don't go by the rules, this thread will be locked and after that there's no "now playing"-thread anymore.

Np. Innpeach - Concrete Boy

Ah, the nostalgy. One of my first favourite bands, I bought their debut as soon as it was released, umm I guess it was 1998... IMHO one the most underrated finnish bands of all time. Alternative/grunge... call it what you will. Nice melodies, nice guitar lines, a great drummer. Too bad their albums didn't sell sh** in Finland and they quit. Brings back too many nice memories. Geez, I wish I was a teen again...
Last edited by Hemitys on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Monster-Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:33 am

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

can we post youtube link and stuff?! :)

i LIKE IT!

umm... i just turned on my MP4 and first song that started playing was:

Brother Firetribe feat. Anette Olzon - Heart Full Of Fire...

this song reminds me of when i first time heard it on Nightwishs weblog (or i think it was there)... of course, it was there cos Emppu plays in both bands, and of course Anette is NWs singer.. i thought firs that it was randomly put there (this song) but later on i found all about BF band... they r great... have 2 albums and all of their songs RAWK!

next...

Heard it on my radio.. from the same band

what can i say... every song is special in its own way... their music fits perfectly in my PERFECT music genre... :) melodic hard rock... but its not lameass (like some bands have - really lameass music, dont know how to explain it differently) :P specially i like the keys and melody thats always so playful and makes you go crazy :P
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby Ayra-Raven » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:42 am

Fall Out Boy - This ain't a scene, it's an Arm's race

I think FOB is quite good band. Why do I listen to them? My friend has showed me them and they've made a good impressionon at me. In addition this song is very well written. The melody is catchy and the lyrics... I think the music is really one big race. The bands wanna only have more money and more fans - they don't think about true meaning of the music - that it have to move hearts or be simply kick-ass. And the video is killin'...
The biggest treasure is to love and to be loved...
Ayra-Raven

Location: In the melody of shout and silence... / Poland, F16

Postby Wake Me Up From Dead » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:59 am

Slipknot - Before I Forget

Well.. A day (dunno when), I thought about I maybe should try to find some Slipknot music, because I've heard from some friends of mine, that they should be pretty good.. So I searched and found this fantastic song. And I fell in 'love' with it after first time I heard it.. So yesterday I bought the CD, and it's just great !
Btw, Slipknot it also a mask band..
I can see you crack under pressure!
Rock N' Roll Children!
Wake Me Up From Dead

Postby Dezalene » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:32 am

Memories of Green -Vangelis. Soon to be followed by "La Petite Fille De La Mer"

If you are really into movie scores, or just need some good songs to relax to instead of the usual rock and thrash, then this is the man for you. He also did Chariots of Fire, the "Cheesy Inspirational Music" you hear in all the movies now, based on said title (And which he also won an award for.), and he did Blade Runner's Music. Memories of Green is sad, yet hopeful and ALWAYS sparks inspiration in my soul, and La Petite is just creepy. (Which I need for today.) When I'm writing one of my books (as I'm doing now.), I use these songs for inspiration for some of the scenes.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Monster-Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:54 am

Lamb - Gorecki

ignore the stupid video :) original video contains 3:40 long song, and this longer version is much better!

uh... i was watching "La Femme Nikita" and they've played this song while Nikita and Michael were making love... i tell you... i felt like i was there... uhhh... never heard bout it before... but im in love with it!
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby Ayra-Raven » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:06 pm

My Chemical Romance - I don't love you

Their music is quite unusuall in my opinion. Gerard can write very touching songs and 'I don't love you' is one of it. And the video is very impressing.
PS. Gerard can screamin' very nice :D
The biggest treasure is to love and to be loved...
Ayra-Raven

Location: In the melody of shout and silence... / Poland, F16

Postby Monster-Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Martina - Idi, leđa mi okreni

ahahhaha.... this is from Croatian ESC National semifinals from this year (2008).... song is so funny... no, actually, song is good, but the singer is singing like a sheep... and i've downloaded it this morning cos i've seen it in celebrity big brother... they were trying to sing it worse then the singer did it... ahhahaha was so damn funny... and they've had some puppets... LMAO

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby Corvus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:01 pm

This is a great 'resurrection' of the topic, good move by our administrators.

Zager & Evans - 'In The Year 2525'

Very, very old (1969) and I doubt anybody will like it. Still, I found its lyrics very interesting and significant for the times we live in. The predictions in it are, in my opinion, possible but not in such a great time spawn. It also points out a good question - where will humanity be in 10k years?
Fake dummies, that's what you are...
Corvus

Postby Monster-Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:05 pm

Rebeka Dremelj - Heavy Weather

from Slovenian national final (EMA 2008) (winning song just in English, not Slovenian) was my second fave but of course i knew it would win... :) my faves came 2nd! :) of course... lalla... uuum... i like better Slovenian version then this English... but, oh well... i wanted to hear it now... cos the weather outside is so HEAVY! :) and so am i! :)

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby bassdämon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:28 pm

TM Stevens - Shocka Zooloo
bassdämon

Postby Lets Kill Barbie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Uniklubi - Luotisade ^^' ..
Lets Kill Barbie

Postby Monster-Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:50 pm

read first post you ignorant ppl! we r not all describing our songs and feelings cos its so fun to do
(ok, i really like it, but i dont think others do)

BULGARIA (ESC 2008) - Deep Zone & Balthazar - DJ Take Me Away

ok, this song is so cool... i love it cos its so different from all other ESC songs this year... its a weird song combining hmm... i have no idea what genre is this... id say house/techno and then later on a bit of reggae... :)

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby Lets Kill Barbie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:53 pm

Monster-Girl wrote:read first post you ignorant ppl!

DooH'xD sorry ..
'Cuz I my dad was in Finland and bought me this cd ONLY with finnish bads ^^' .. And I just looove Uniklubi, so I keep listen to it ^^' ..
I don't know whatthahell is wrong with me, I just have a thing with finnish bands xD ..
Lets Kill Barbie

Postby Hemitys » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:06 pm

bassdämon wrote:TM Stevens - Shocka Zooloo

You really don't bother to read the previous posts?
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby grims » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Don McLean-American pie

I've been listening to this song the whole day...Since it mostly says about Ritchie Valens,and I'm in Ritchie Valens mood.
This song has simbolics,it's just obscure..The lyrics are deep!
grims

Postby Isa » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:57 pm

Brother firetribe - Heart Full of Album Teaser (on their myspace)

M-G make me curious about them so I am going listen and I definitly like it, even more than Tarot but less than Nightwish
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby DCN_HellBull » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:34 pm

U.D.O. - "Mastercutor"

Great, crushing song. Like whole album. It's good to know that U.D.O. is still in good condition. ;)
DCN_HellBull

Postby KittyCat » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Emigrate - I have a dream

Emigrate is Richard Kruspe who is the lead guitarist in Rammstein.
This is his solo project and it's really great, sounds like Rammstein but with more rock influences then metal perhaps. This is a song from his new single ''temptations'' which is also a great song :).
Watch my lordi videos: http://www.youtube.com/kissemiss
KittyCat

Postby Nights_of_nightmares » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:48 pm

Within Temptation - See who I am

Great song. One of my favourites. It makes me think about a war, don't ask me why... :lol:

Ok, call me crazy, but songs make me fantazise much better. I'm always getting a pic inside my head or a situation when I'm listening to music. It's in the songs(and sometimes on tv and magazines) I'm getting inspirations to write ffs, poems and short-stories...
If it's a happy song, I get a pic inside my head about something happy. If it's a sad song, I get a sad situation in my head. And if it's "dramatic" and dark, I get a pic of a war or something like that.
Nights_of_nightmares

Postby SteveSteve » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Iron Maiden - The number of the Beast

What can I say about this song? It's one of my fave ever metal songs. I listen to it every time I need a little charge of power to continue with my life...
Also, I love classics. 1980's and 1990's where a good time to rock. ^^
In this case this was the "richest" time of this band, when Mr. Dickinson had the best voice in earth and those stuffs. Uh, and this is the actual formation^^
Randy Rhoads - 1956 - 1982. Rest in peace.
SteveSteve

Postby metalskull » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Beyond the Dark sun- Wintersun

This song is too badass, its amazing! What really attracts me to it is the really fast riffs in the song, the guitar playing is simply amazing.

all in all, a 10/10 song

It should win the ESC next year for finland.....it is under 3 minutes xD...On second toughts...that is definitly not ESC material xD
metalskull

Postby Wake Me Up From Dead » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Nightwish - Nemo [Live]

Ahhh.. Nightwish with Nemo.. It's a classic .. This song is just never getting old ! Tarja is singing it so perfect ..
Yeah this song is just.. Amazing

- Nemo is also in the end credits in the horror film 'The Cave' xD
I can see you crack under pressure!
Rock N' Roll Children!
Wake Me Up From Dead

Postby Monster-Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Wake Me Up From Dead wrote:Nightwish - Nemo [Live]

Ahhh.. Nightwish with Nemo.. It's a classic .. This song is just never getting old ! Tarja is singing it so perfect ..
Yeah this song is just.. Amazing

- Nemo is also in the end credits in the horror film 'The Cave' xD

that i didnt know! :) gotta check! :)

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby metalskull » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Death and the Healing- Wintersun

Yeah, more Wintersun. Not my fault though, im addicted. this song, is one of their softer ones, yet so amazing. Its over 7 minutes long, but it never gets boring. The lyrics are beautiful too....

Their guitarist/vocalist, Jari, Is one of the most talented men in the world
metalskull

Next

Return to Miscellaneous babbling