Monsterboard

Twilight

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Which is better?

Twilight Saga
30%
Harry Potter Saga
70%

Total votes : 60

Twilight

Postby Black Lady » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Hello all.I seen some of the girls on the forum have read the book "Twilight" by Stepheine Meyer so I decided to make a topic about it.You can talk about the books or the movie or anything related to Twilight.
Me I love Twilight and I think its a brilliant saga and I recommend it to everyone inclueding some of the guys! :wink:
The hardest decisions in life reap the biggest benefits. :) -Nikki Sixx
Black Lady

Postby Erina » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:18 pm

Well, I think I like Twilight saga more, though Harry Potter saga rocks too. Right now I'm just so freaked 'bout the vampires (I love Carlisle, Edward, Jasper and Emmett). I've read Twilight and New Moon, and I'm just about to read Eclipse. It's pretty sure that I'll get them all as Christmas presents.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Black Lady » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:23 am

Thrust me Miss Killjoy it only gets better! :D
Black Lady

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:28 am

Can someone tell me what this twillight is about? :)
And your personal opinions about it?

I don´t think you mean Twilight princess here. :wink:
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Black Lady » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:34 am

Oh poor Judge! :lol:
Ok well Twilight is a saga of books all centered around this girkl Bella who falls in love with a vegetarian vampire named Edward(he dosen't drink human blood)
So anyway the stories are about him and her fighting off evil vampires with his family and thats pretty much it.Really good read though and the film is brilliant.Going to see it tomorrow.
It's more of a love story than anything else but I loved it
Black Lady

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:40 am

Hehehe, yeah poor me. :wink: :lol:
Hmmm maybe should watch this movie then. :)
Ok sounds like decent good story and sounds like he is more or less something like a nightchild or whatever I should call it.

Thanks for the info. :wink:
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Fallen One » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:14 am

I'll be seeing it on Saturday evening.

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:27 am

Both series are dreadful, teeny booper merchandising that will be forgot very quick.

Read Lord of the Rings!
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby ginacartoon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:51 am

Well i only read 1 Harry Potter book, alotta people warned me not to read Twilight, and I think I'll stick to not reading nor watching the film...

I mean...

Vampires Sparkle?!?
ginacartoon

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:18 pm

I've only read Twilight and New Moon and half of Eclipse, and I wonder how people obsess over this book. I mean.. it's good.. but that's it. I've read WAAAYYYYY better books. Way better. It just seems to have flaws to me. The way it describes Bella, she seems unhumanly clumsy. To me, it just seems like no one is that clumsy. Also, the vampires have no fangs, which is just like a wtf moment, but the weirdest of all is that they SPARKLE in the sun... what?? In most things vampire-related, they either burn and die in the sun or... wait, that's how it's always been.. I mean seriously, wtf? When I read that part in the book, I had to read over it several times to make sure he wasn't sparkling.. eh..

The only interesting thing in the book is Jacob. (:

edit;; Harry Potter all the way!!
:.I love Kita.:
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
HalfmetalAlchemist

Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby Lillith Duskcutter » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Both series are dreadful, teeny booper merchandising that will be forgot very quick.

Read Lord of the Rings!

Pedich Edhellen?
Anyhoo.
Same here.
I don't like Twilight or Harry Potter.
I'm an LOTR girl.
No, Anne Rice Vampiric Romance novels are waaaaaayyyyyy better than Meyers pathetic attempt at writing a Vampiric Romance Novel.
As far as I'm concerned, Meyers can Ti tállbe Orch.
Boy? You give me a Deadache.

Now known as Lillith Von Gore.
Lillith Duskcutter

Postby Mooneyman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:40 pm

I despise it.
Flat.
:lol:
Mooneyman

Postby Witch_from_hell » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:33 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Both series are dreadful, teeny booper merchandising that will be forgot very quick.

Read Lord of the Rings!

That's only an opinion. For example, I can't stand LotR and Twilight, but I enjoy reading Harry Potter. I tried reading Lord of the Rings, tried to watch movie, but it's not my cup of tea. I don't have anything against that one, it's just not for my taste. BUT, I love J.R.R.Tolkien's students books(favorites-A. Sapkowski's books).

And some more off-topic: this one is hilarious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dompotjTeIA
S.T.A.R.S.
Witch_from_hell

Postby Ayra-Raven » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:46 pm

I've read "Twilight", "New moon", "Eclipse" and right now I'm going to look at "Breaking Dawn".
There's even a fanclub of it at my school xD and I also like Twilight. Books are good [except "New moon" - it was kinda boring]. I really like... maybe not Bella and Edward's characters as in all but rathet it's interesting to read about their points of view of love.
And I watched the movie... My god... They totally screwed it! Most of important happenings are skipped and everything's just going round new vampires and Bella's hunting - and it makes no sense then.

Point 2 - Harry Potter was good till 3rd or 4th part - the rest is just one big mess of information.

3 - one more thing - NWH - I thought I die when I was reading Lord of the Rings :S and I really hate the movie - it's just boring for me.
The biggest treasure is to love and to be loved...
Ayra-Raven

Location: In the melody of shout and silence... / Poland, F16

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:54 am

Lillith Duskcutter wrote:

Read Lord of the Rings!

Pedich Edhellen?
Anyhoo.
Same here.
I don't like Twilight or Harry Potter.
I'm an LOTR girl.
No, Anne Rice Vampiric Romance novels are waaaaaayyyyyy better than Meyers pathetic attempt at writing a Vampiric Romance Novel.
As far as I'm concerned, Meyers can Ti tállbe Orch.

Meeb speak Ork, meeb be from gorgorod ;)

Ayra-Raven, I REALLY recommend re-reading them. They are true gems, if not the core of fantasy literature
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Fallen One » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:15 am

Twilight viewing - postponed.
Theatre was full.

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Black Lady » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:06 pm

The movie was alright not too bad but I was expecting more from it.The best scene was the baseball scene.Now that was a good scene!
Black Lady

Postby Dungeon Keeper » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:33 am

Twilight makes me so angry I can't even get past the first chapter without wanting to stake Edward and light him on fire. This is not romance: its a check list of the warning signs for an abusive relationship. And no, its not okay cuz Edward's a vampire. I've read the Necroscope series; The Necroscope vampire take being evil to new levels of nasty and they still come off less creepy than Edward.

Read Anne Rice, read Poppy z Brite, read Brian Lumney, read bad White WOlf or TSR spin-off novels, read classics like Dracula or Camilla, hells bells, read Bunnicula or Vampirates, they will all give you better constructed takes on vampires than Twilight.
Dungeon Keeper

Postby monster girl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:57 pm

harry potter any day!

I've read parts of twilight, and to be honest, i found the character Bella obnoxious and annoying, and the way it was written was a clear attempt from the author to make Bella a character you could relate to. Honestly, i just thought she was just unpleasant.

I put up with this, and tried desperately to get into the book, but the plot was vertually non-existant and I was sick of the constant references to how 'Good looking' the vampire guy was. I mean, COME ON! Girls are not that shallow, its stupid to expect people to swoon over somebody just because they are good looking!

I hope that the second and third books are better, i'm getting those for christmas (kinda regretting it now...) I think i will re-read twilight in an attempt to get into them, cause really i do want to like them, but i think i must be missing something.

Don't get me wrong, I love books, and I love reading all those fantasy kind of books, but this is low on my list. I prefer the inheritence cycle and harry potter, and LOTR. They are all better written.
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby TheJoker » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:42 am

Too much talking, no action...
Same with the movie...
It took them 10 minutes to get a scene finished because they kept talking about shit that supposedly was romantic...

Someone watches you sleep and you call that romantic?

COME ON, I call that restraining order...

Definitely not a violent action packed movie, I learned this the hard way...

WARNING: Twilight is not for guys, Don't be lured in by the vampires... It is not a horror movie... :(
TheJoker

Postby judge death » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:42 am

HalfmetalAlchemist wrote:I've only read Twilight and New Moon and half of Eclipse, and I wonder how people obsess over this book. I mean.. it's good.. but that's it. I've read WAAAYYYYY better books. Way better. It just seems to have flaws to me. The way it describes Bella, she seems unhumanly clumsy. To me, it just seems like no one is that clumsy. Also, the vampires have no fangs, which is just like a wtf moment, but the weirdest of all is that they SPARKLE in the sun... what?? In most things vampire-related, they either burn and die in the sun or... wait, that's how it's always been.. I mean seriously, wtf? When I read that part in the book, I had to read over it several times to make sure he wasn't sparkling.. eh..

The only interesting thing in the book is Jacob. (:

edit;; Harry Potter all the way!!

Never readed or heard about other kinds of vampires?
Not all vampires is as those you see in Hollywood movies. :wink:

Die by sunlight etc...Knows many other types of vampires which is unhurt by sunlight, cross and all other classic vampire stuff.
Some vampires is almost living as humans in some books and movies etc.
So open up your minds a little from the classic look of a vampire. :wink:
judge death

Postby Erina » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:50 pm

Yeah, it's kinda nice that in Twilight the vampires aren't like vampires usually are. They break the "rules". And so do the werewolves, by the way! ´Not full moon needed to transform... And no, Twilight hasn't come out here in Finland yet, but I'm looking for the premier 9.1. (can't go to the premier, though - Xmas play's extra shows)
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:32 pm

If anyone ever wants to see the most dark and terryfying vampire, see Nosferatu from 1922.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Erina » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:32 am

Just got Eclipse as a Christmas present. Until this I haven't got bored. Gotta be the best book in the whole Twilight saga this far. New Moon was really kinda boring. 'Til this far Eclipse has been really interesting and nice to read. Rosalie started to be really nice.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:10 am

*deleted*
Last edited by Good To Be Bad Girl on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Next

Return to Miscellaneous babbling